vocaroo.com/i/s1ivCLPo05vU
youtu.be/7JSCmIBzabU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=kf6OjxYPzoo

how do i play like this

string tension link is dead

should we update it with this?

stringtensionpro.com/

Someone gimme an invite the the discord without that kike in it.

>tfw had a guitar for 10 years
>only learning now because 5th grade me didn't get lessons or practice
suffering bros, what could've been

Look up ragtime guitar lessons on youtube. I can't play that style very well but that's only because I don't dedicate enough time to it.

"Deep River Blues" by Doc Watson is an easy one to start with

Transcribe some solos. When people ask how do I sound like this person or that, the best way is to learn some of their songs. Then look at the patterns and find smaller patterns and disect it. Then look at their influences and go listen. If you wanted to draw like Dr Seuss I would sketch some of his drawings and then look up artists that he liked to figure out where the inspiration came from. If all else fails drop acid and draw what you see lol

I think I am pretty good and I've didn't start until I was a freshman.

Heavy theorietical study is only gonna happen if you actually want to be an expert, damn hard work.

Just have fun with it. Find a band or some shit and jam, all you need are to be able to play a few chords and basic scales

>tfw multiple 5/5 tabs on ultimate guitar

feels good mang

Reposting because I put too much effort into the post for the guy asking about Megadeth solo style:

Let me try to break it down.

The rhythm of the Symphony of Destruction solo section is at its core is just an E5 power chord static vamp. This gives you a lot of freedom to hit a lot of notes and have them sound pretty decent.

The solo starts out with an E minor pentatonic/blues kind of thing with a neighbor note half-step bend to the 7th scale degree at one point, and he lands on the flat 5 pretty hard, then flirts with it a bit, blues style.

clyp.it/g5420sw5

Then he goes into an F#m7b5 (F# half diminished) arpeggio. F#m7b5 is diatonic to the key of E minor, so he's still doing the E minor thing here, just playing with some more ear-catching notes and intervals.

clyp.it/5fopvyz5

Then he does another Em pentatonic thing, stretching out to a 3 note per string pentatonic shape and throwing in the natural 6 from the E Dorian scale as well as the 9th for flavor.

clyp.it/za3rh0ce

Then he plays a little sequence through some inversions of a G major triad (still diatonic to the key of E minor) and ends the phrase by landing on the flat 5 of the E minor blues scale once again.

clyp.it/rsziwtlb

Then he noodles around in E minor pentatonic/blues again, this time throwing in the flat 6 degree which is diatonic to E natural minor.

clyp.it/tqtb5ohz

Then he wraps things up basically playing some E minor pentatonic Chuck Berry sounding licks sped up pretty fast and ends the solo by using the flat 5 again to play a tritone doublestop sounding thing.

clyp.it/vp2sgl2t

Whew

Anyone got one of these?

Whats the difference between the S621QM & the S521.

>been practicing three finger plucking for months
>still not faster than my two finger
>only thing I can do that I couldn't is fast gallops (eg The Trooper)

what am I doing wrong /gg/

>tfw full-time grad student
>haven't had any time to pick up a guitar in the last two months

You'll find the most disciplined fingerstyle in classical. Begin with a few exercises to develop that muscle memory and perhaps learn a few pieces.

bonus points for using your pinky

Do you think a guitar center would accept my Schecter Hellraiser C-1 for an HSS stratocaster?

They're about the same value, right?

I love my metal playing but I want something with more versatility and also a whammy bar.

ay you guys like my custom finish??

korean made stuff is extremely undervalued on the used market

and GC is ran by jews

so I doubt they'll give you anything better than a squier but what do I know

everything about this is just awful

are you sending that to an insurance firm?

Anyone playd/owned a Diamond/DBZ Guitars Hailfire? They look pretty hot.

No idea but I want a 521 so bad

Haven't played that one but DBZ guitars are actually pretty nice. I love their super thin les paul kind of model.

I would bet it's a solid guitar.

Seriously considering the Hailfire. They'r not that pricey either. Just cant try before buy cos no dealer in my country,

it looks nice desu

Please give me precious (You)'s.

clyp.it/3tex0mxh

badass if it actually survived a fire, otherwise shit

How do I get the guitar tone in the beginning of this song? Lots of bass and resonance?
youtube.com/watch?v=88pEj_F0MaA

Idk about about guitar center but another guitar store I went to wanted to give me 100 for my CV Strat.

Hey.
Nice playing :)

would you sell your car to a dealership?

fuck those places, wait for the best offer online.

kemper

Just buy a 5150/6505, that's what Gojira used for their whole career iirc

also don't have one, but S series is good stuff, got a s370, so easy to play

>$0.50 was deposited into your account

Also there might be some dual guitar fuckery, like one playing an E and the other playing an F, or just playing the same note twice on two different strings.
Varg Vikernes does it in a few songs and it sounds similar, I can only think of Keliohesten right now but I'm pretty sure there's some others.
youtube.com/watch?v=fF_6qLs-AW0

I miss back when Gojira did sick slams and breakdowns and not gay sell out proge

Now that I can play the entirety of marquee moon am I a good guitarist?

Do you have noice tone?

the song or the album

The album
Absolutely not. Playing on a burnt out piece of shit low tier guitar and blown out practice amp
>tfw poor

yea man

I love that album Fred Smith is an amazing bassist but for some reason I only know the guitar lines I should learn the bass parts some day.

Hey everyone I just recently joined my school's Light Music Club because I felt guilty about never doing anything and I thought light music would be easy :D

Anyways so me and my clubmates just went and got me a new guitar and it's so cute xD

Any advice for a beginner?

pic related: my new guitar

literally kill yourself

I really feel like the bass and drums get overlooked ( understandably) by the guitar work, there isn't a single mediocre instrument on that album

>Ordered Tele Thursday
>select free shipping
>not expecting it till Mon-Tues
>It's arriving tomorrow

Good lad, you can play it in its entirety when the family asks to hear something at Christmas. The lick after 'if i ever catch that ventriloquist' is one off my favourites tbphwys.

Yeah, don't sleep with your guitar and don't bully your kouhai.

Why do you keep posting this?

he's trying to meme but doesn't realise it won't take off

Rate my guitar Sup Forums

pretty cool

>Jimmy Page
>used a Telecaster in the studio but used a Les Paul or SG live

>Johnny Marr
>used a Telecaser in the studio but used a Rickenbacker 330 live

Any other examples of this phenomenon?

J Mascis uses Telecasters on studio but Jazzmasters live, he started using his Tele live for a few songs though.

Every album?

pretty cool

No idea but teles probably have a nicer sound for mixing.

Hey /gg/ I've got a roland cube 30 I don't use anymore how much do you think I should ask for it? It's in good condition. 100 dollarydoos?

From Green Mind to date, yeah. I'm not sure about Bug though don't quote me on that one.

guitar/guitar

good job on guitar

7/10

keep it just in case

yeah keep it as a practice amp.

I actually used it recently when my old 100w head died on me. I guess it does make more sense to keep it around just in case.

how do i know if my guitar buzzing is it's own problem, or if i'm just not holding down chords hard enough? my strings are pretty heavy

Well does it buzz if you mute all the strings?

vocaroo.com/i/s1ivCLPo05vU

Name that song /gg/?

Pretty nice dude.

Please rate my guitar too Sup Forums

is... is that safe? i dont think having your electronics exposed is a good idea

Thoughts on cozart guitars? They're bottom-tier cheap but they look rad for what they are and they have good reviews. Should I /gg/? Pic related, sorry for the low quality but it looks sweet.

Pretty nice. The finish is cool. How does she play? Any feedback issues?

I personally haven't had a ton of issues. I mainly use it for post rock/shoegaze so feedback at least for me is encouraged and my only complaint is that it didn't have a tremolo bar. Plays really nice, but of course the Jazzmaster is my dream guitar

Hey guitarfags, my bandmate has an Egnater Tweaker 15 and the sound just suddenly quit working. The light comes on, there's just no sound. Is it the tubes?

>I mainly use it for post rock/shoegaze

of course you would

yeah the basslines are phenomenal

>semi-hollow strat

Get it anyway.

why do bassists lead drummers?

is it an amateur thing? I can't imagine a 50-60 year old big band drummer not having his kick pedal at metronome-tier

My guitar took a tumble and cracked. Is this repairable?

>tfw to dumb to understand diminished chords

Probably only the meme top, according to Ibanez's site. I want an s521 so bad too.

let me guess
that's an SG or a LP

it's a minor chord with a flat fifth
there, you know what it is now

3/10, it not a G&L m8

looks like the neck joint on an acoustic tbph

It's a taylor

Please rate my meme machine, no bully.

Its beautiful user

>6 strings

not interested

I always throw my cube in for gigs as an emergency, only needed once in an actual gig, but a couple of times in rehearsal.

Well worth keeping around, considering you'd only get drinking money for it

How could anybody hear your cube over stacks?

plz no bully

>tfw hit a speed wall with all of the exercises I try to do or parts from solos which I pick out

Feels like my wrist and hands just can't go any faster. What can I do? Should I be anchoring my hand on the bridge for fast parts?

>post 1991
>playing fast

>making excuses to not get as good as you can get
Just keep building up your pedalboard, lad

Pick as economically as possible. Make the smallest possible movement to make the note sound.

youtu.be/7JSCmIBzabU

>fast
>good

That seems like an interesting concept, forcing your muscle memory to prefer making smaller movements through that.

I sometimes try to make small movements as possible when tremelo picking but I often find the more I try to do it the "weaker" the sound that results

Keep making excuses, lad

>the more I try to do it the "weaker" the sound that results
I hear that this goes away after a while and you can get the tone where you want it and you can put the accents where you want them and such, but you have to suffer through that breaking-in period first.

But I haven't mastered it myself so that's just hearsay. I think I'll work on this tonight though.