Call me arrogant if you wish (you might be right) but I usually am the smartest person in a given room...

Call me arrogant if you wish (you might be right) but I usually am the smartest person in a given room. From that perspective, I can tell you what people have told me what it’s like to talk with me:

“You act like you’re always right”. I usually am, and when I am not I am quick to correct myself and learn something new. But people are annoyed nevertheless, and almost always forget the times I have admitted being wrong.
“You have an argument/reply for everything”. I tend to think almost everything I do. Before I do something, I think about it, evaluate the possibilites, determine the best way to accomplish what I want to do, and then perform that way. Thus, everything I do has a well reasoned and thought based logic behind, so naturally I can argue/reply over what I do. But people tend to get offended by this.
“Everything is a debate with you”. I like debates. Truly love them. The exchange of arguments and ideas is something that really motivates me. Thus if someone is saying something, anything, I expect them to have a reason that supports their statements, especially if they are trying to talk me into doing something. Therefore I usually challenge statements from third parties and question them if I don’t think they are sufficiently grounded. But to most people that attitude is “turning everything into a debate”, and they get annoyed.
“You disregard my opinions”. Same as the above, I expect statements to have a logic reasoning behind it. When people give opinions on factual matters without basing those opinions on evidence or facts, I tend to challenge those opinions due to their lack of evidence. People get offended/annoyed by this, but the fact is that I am attacking the opinion, the statement, and not the individual. In my experience very few can make this difference, so normally people just get offended and annoyed with me.

“You always win”. I like to win, yes, but normally I am not seeking victory, I am merely seeking the truth (or as close as we can get). If you have read so far, you can understand the way I think, and thus you can be certain that when I talk about something I have very strong positions because I am certain about them, because I have thought and researched them. Thus, I normally “win”, even though that is not my intention. I merely seek to share what I know, have an interesting discussion, search for the truth, and have a good time. But not many people get this. In fact, when I do not know enough about a topic, I normally stay silent.

This is what I have been usually told. Years of bitter experience have taught me to see the picture from the perspective of the other person, but it is difficult for me, because I have little natural empathy. I can honestly say that I find it difficult to communicate with others, because it is almost like we talk in different languages. I don’t (usually…) try to be annoying, or to hurt others, but I somehow manage to do it unintentionally.

I hope you find this information useful. It’s simply a perspective from “the other side”.

And yes, you can call me arrogant. I usually am, though unintentionally.

Addressing a point that might be discussed in replies, it will probably be mentioned that my answer can be more descriptive of stubbornnes than smart. On that topic, and in my opinion, I think there is a distinction to be made. A simply stubborn person is one that (a) disregards evidence presented to him/her and/or chooses to ignore it, persevering in their point despite being proven wrong, or (b) when faced with the possibility of being wrong, change the topic, switching the discussion to a different one, so as not having to admit “being wrong”. On the other hand, a smart person (in my opinion) takes opinions and information from anyone, not necessarily caring to “win”, but to find the “right answer”.

I am certainly not perfect, but I continuously strive to be aware of this, so as not to fall into these “stubbornness mistakes”. As I said above, I seek to learn and to get as close to the truth as possible, without needing to “be right” or “winning” just for the sake of it.

fuck you i won't read all that

Also I like to suck cock and wear womens' clothing.

If you were really that smart you'd know that you'd gain more while being a little humble about it. Although I don't like to admit it, getting on people's good side is the best thing you can do while being really smart.

Drop that cockiness, and you'll see improvements you've never seem before. If you don't drop it, just pretend you do. Try it out for a month.

Op don't try and be the human HAL 9000. Focus on being a people person rather than a supercomputer. You'll enjoy life a lot more, trust me

I think that you are usually that one person in the room wich no one likes.

I feel the exactly same way, user
>Tips fedora

You're wrong. I can tell simply because you thought to make this post. Who are you trying to convince? You're either trying to tell strangers on the internet how smart you are, which is fucking stupid, or you're trying to convince yourself, which means you are aware you're full of shit.

God, people like you are why I can't even call myself smart without feeling like a narcissistic piece of shit.
Get fucked

Writing an entire treatise that no one but a small handful of Virgins will ever read doesn't seem like a "smart" use of your time dumbass

/join showderp
ۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡ
. .. ۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡ

>ۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡ

ۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡ
ۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡ ۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡ ۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡ>ۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡۜۗۙۡ

Knowing how to research isn't the same as being smart, though it's a more useful skill and will get you farther in life than being smart will.

New thread

>be apt
>link your bait pasta threads in room
literally jammy-tier

apt-get is neoderp

I wish I was 16 and was in the chess club

They got funny images lolz

so much INTJ...
same boat brother

Is OP an INTP?

Is OP an INTP?

Whoops

INTP here. You two INTJs gave me a chuckle.

You're so catty. I like you

Do all INTP's hang here? And oh yeah me to :)

I feel bad now that people honestly answered to this thread.

It was just a joke, sorry for those who actually tried to help.

Nothing wrong with being an INTJ

INTP fo life bruh

Im 100% with this user.

>I'm rly smart guys!
>and thus

Sure you're smart, OP. Sure.

this is bait

tl;dr

shut the fuck up you're dumber than an ant

Hello fellow smart person. I am also very smart, and I used to be arrogant like you. But i learned. I got slapped by humbleness and buttraped by my own hubris. I am still the smartest person in the room, but i now know when to shut up. I learned charisma. I learned how to deal with people. And life is better. The fact of the matter is that you're a smartass, an asshole. Nobody likes a smartass. I'm top of my class at university, have lots of friends, go out, and have a girlfriend. I'm gonna assume that judging by your post, you olny have the first one. My father once told me something: "there are a lot of geniuses sweeping the street." Enjoy dying alone and a virgin with nothing but your smarts, asshole

fam,

don't worry he is just autistic and living in his fantasy

well the only room your really in is your moms basement so, technically your right

tl;dr