I'm inclined to argue that J. Cole is the most overrated rapper in the game right now...

i'm inclined to argue that J. Cole is the most overrated rapper in the game right now. nothing he puts out is especially good but EVERYONE seems to ride his dick.

i wanted to like this but it's so god damn boring

Other urls found in this thread:

extratorrent.cc/torrent/5343471/J. Cole - 4 Your Eyez Only (2016) [MP3 320 Kbps] [Explicit] ~BeerKey~.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The mixing was bad, the beats were boring and the delivery was drab.
Neighbors, Change and the title track were pretty good tho

Sucks you have to suffer through 5 awful sings to get to the decent ones.

that's funny cause i'm at Neighbors right now and was just thinking FINALLY a decent track

people only like him because he's a more accessible kendrick lamar

>the beats were boring
I respectfully disagree. I really like the jazz/blues vibe he's been going for his last 2 albums. And Born Sinner's style (which I have no idea how to describe) I thought was fantastic.

This post conveys exactly how I felt listening to the album.

it's not that i don't like the beats personally, it's that he doesn't really do them justice imo

You just don't understand. You have to be in another state of reality, you have to have a certain level of intelligence to really understand what J. Cole is talking about.

Who do you think would do better on his beats?

Where are you on the spectrum?

please tell me you're mocking J Cole fans

please user

t.reddit

please tell me you're not serious about not seeing very clearly that it was bait/mocking of j cole fans

lmao

You know I thought Isaiah Rashad's album The Sun's Tirade was boring as fuck (I eventually came around to it, and think it's an outstanding album), but boy did J Cole really impress me with just how fucking boring this shit is.

kek'd

please tell me you're not serious about thinking there's not people stupid enough on Sup Forums to say that about J. Cole

I wonder what the original meme was.

please have hope

100% agree. the thing is, Isaiah is explicitly laid-back and very clearly trying to be sleepy in his flow but Cole is sort of trying, but not really so he's middle of the road af

Kendrick

Almost had it but you have to spell it as "intelligents"

LOL

Kendrick honestly, he does well on these kind of beats

he has nothing to rap about. he says that's thinking of commit suicide nad then after a couple of songs: MY INTUITION IS TELLING ME THERE WILL BE BETTER DAYS, POSITIVE VIBES MAN. then again he raps how his daughter will be listening to this album when he already is dead. nigga you are going to live a great life with a lot of cash and there is no way you're commiting suicide. faggot

Foldin Clothes GREATEST SONG OF ALL TIME

anyone have the dl?

There’s a gang of rappers who’re poppin’ online, a million Twitter followers, 2 million [Youtube] views, [but] you will never hear a nigga bumpin’ they music in the car, ever. It’s laptop rap, but you’re never gonna hear it outside. And that doesn’t mean it’s not good, it just means the listeners put it in that box, like, “this is what I listen to in the house.”

If you pay attention to the Internet, Drake ain’t got no fans. Big Sean has no fans, Wale has no fans, J Cole has no fans. J Cole is the worst rapper alive if you listen to the Internet. But why is [Drake] going platinum? Why are these niggas selling out all these big-ass-shows? But the niggas that’s cool on the Internet can barely pack out a venue? So it gives you a false sense of reality.

this. the songs have no continuity and the "story" has 0 meaning. I honestly felt as though the album wasnt terrible until the last 3 tracks, they're just embarassing

>the songs have no continuity
>literally a song called pt 1 and pt 2 about his family

what mean? i dont speak your jive

>implying this album was about HIS daughter and HIM dying

its his best album IMHO

>saying the internet, but does really just mean Sup Forums

this album is pretty much J Cole tries to do a GKMC and fails miserebly

People really like this guy?
His rhymes are so basic you can predict what hes going to say most of the time.
The beats are a lame attempt to be different
This is trash if you like it I hope you die

foldin clothes is so fucking bad holy shit

He's talking about soundcloud rappers nigga
hfs when his bars are written out like that they seem really awful
Cole has a nice voice but he really is lyrically weak, it's ridiculous that people put him up with Kendrick

Does anyone have a link?

I think he's overrated. But he has soul. He just doesn't express it in a good way (he's not that talented) but at least he got soul. Which is refreshing cuz none of hip hop has soul anymore. It's rare

Anyone have a link to the explicit version? All versions on the piratebay are censored.

It's on soundcloud.

I wasn't a huge fan of cole before 2014 Forest.
Loved 2014, solid album minus a few songs.

The only good song on this album is Neighbors. I watches the whole minidoc on youtube about this album and was really looking forward to the Jungle Book sample. But it didn't even make it to the album. The fuck is this.

I challenge anyone to look up the lyrics to this track and try not to laugh at this whack ass track

soundcloud is soundcloud quality though

Sadly I agree with most of your points, I'm not the best at expressing what I like/don't like in music, but I only like 3-4 tracks on here.
The rest is decent to almost good at best.
Overall I think it's a decent album, it just needs more polish.

this dude put out a track on his album about FOLDING CLOTHES

>I wanna fold clothes for you
>I wanna make you feel good
>Baby I wanna do the right thing
>Feels so much better than the wrong thing
name a better hook
you guys hate on j cole but you have nothing that stands up to this imagery, this story telling. youre listening to cartoon rappers but j cole is telling a story.
i listen to this track and im there. you guys just dont get it

I really love the beat for this song, but damn what was he thinking.
He could've at least used a sex metaphor instead of FOLDING CLOTHES FOR YOU

ALMOND MILK

I guess I can appreciate the sentiment of Foldin Clothes but it's just so corny. I think Smoke Break by Chance the Rapper did a better job of capturing what Cole was going for.

I'm from his hometown. A major reason why people around here praise his music so much is because he's a native.

God damn i never liked this guy mostly cause of how annoying his fans are but he got me hype with the false prophets and everybody dies tracks, enough to give him like a legit chance. So fucking underwhelming and disappointing. I was physically cringing when Folding Clothes came on. You're right he's so fucking overrated, and his fans are on par with eminem fans

I'm from his hometown. A major reason why people around here praise his music so much is because he's a native.

White bois can't relate.

Niggas from the hood is the best actors
Gotta learn to speak in ways that's unnatural
Just to make it through the job interviews
If my niggas heard me, they'd say:
"Damn, what’s gotten into you?"
Just trying to make it dog, somehow
Peaking through the blinds, I see the sun now
I see you're still sleeping and it feels like maybe
Everything is gon' be alright

Is his hometown in NC or NY?

His hometown looks shit.

Why is it that mulatto kids are the most active towards issues regarding blacks? In particular niggas with white moms and black dads? Kaepernick and Cole are like the perfect examples

I'm also from Fayetteville, almost everyone here is a Cole dickrider and thinks is some achievement to grow up in the "tough streets of Fayetteville"

I feel like the song "Ville Mentality" accurately sums it up cause he acts like Fayetteville is Detroit or some shit

Is kdot really inaccessible to some people?

>this post
ahahahaha

He went to school here in nyc, at saint johns and literally everyone in queens dickrides him too, its fucking disgusting

this.

im from fayetteville too and there's some rough places but that shit is not some fucking struggle life

Yeah that is very true. Fayetteville is a fucking military town for heaven sakes. Not only that, the guy went to Terry Sandford, like one of the safest schools in this city.

extratorrent.cc/torrent/5343471/J. Cole - 4 Your Eyez Only (2016) [MP3 320 Kbps] [Explicit] ~BeerKey~.html

It is. I fucking hate this place. You could literally drive through this whole city in 30mins.

>mfw I went to Terry Sanford
It's in the rich part of town so there are lot of preppy white kids

Imagine him bragging about growing up in Nantucket, that's about how ridiculous it sounds to me when he describes this city

He was born in Germany, but spent his childhood in NC. I think after he graduated HS he moved up north.

Kek

Yeah, since he is on a drake level in terms of audience reach.

IT's kinda good because he can touch those who listen to top 40. I mean, imagine them hearing a song like These Walls or For Free?

Alotta of people didn't like TPAB

Yes he is. And face it a lot of what he's talking about is inaccessible to most. Songs like Institutionalized.

It's not even his worst chorus

>somebody shoulda told me it would be like this
>be like this
>be like this
>*slightly offbeat* somebody shoulda told me it would be like this
>be like this

fucking this.

I'm from new zealand and most girls i've dated/banged are white or half white/brown (I'm brown) and it's literally only the ones with white in them that go on and on about fucking racial issues. It's so fucking cringey because you feel as though they're trying to sympathize with you for some abstract microaggression bullshit that happens to "your people".

Literally every full brown/black person I know that hasn't been brainwashed by their liberal arts degrees or MTV don't mention shit about race. It's literally only the people with european ancestry that don't shut the fuck up about racial issues. REEEEEEEEE

Any links for cole yet?

ha

I watched that HBO doc he did on it. From what I saw it just looks like a place where nothing happens, like anyone doing drugs there is doing it to escape the fucking boredom of the city itself.

He said it has two sides and he saw both of them, but again it did just seem like all you have to do is walk a block to get from the "bad" to the "good" side.

Kapernick is such an asshat. Publicly state you're going to take a knee during the national anthem until you see change in America and you don't even vote. Unironically wear a Fidel Castro shirt after his passing... Retarded.

Fucking this. And I live here.

do not get it twisted there is some legit places out there and people in the projects are doing real shit but over there in terry sanford area is pretty much the safe are

There's some good shit to do here, the only reason we aren't in a massive shitpile is because of Fort Bragg

>all you have to do is walk a block to get from the bad side to the good side
This is accurate

Aye, anybody in the Fayetteville area trying to do a Sup Forums meetup?

Yup. Cuban here with grandparents who escaped the island, kaepernick is a fucking retarded asshole for "not respecting a flag that oppresses minorities" but then respects someone who oppressed a whole country. Also, fuck him for making people think it's okay to respect him who might not know any better, cuz Castro has "free healthcare" and "free education"

Newsflash liberals, they're both SHIT

i'm inclined to argue that Charles Hamilton is the most underrated rapper in the game right now. Everything he puts out is especially good but NOBODY seems to ride his dick.

i wanted to dislike this but it's so god damn joyful

I WANNA FOLD CLOTHES FOR YA

theyre overcompensating

he honestly is the most "popular hated" rapper right now...more than uzi vert, yachty, or desiigner

Yeah I suppose you're right.

For me though, I feel like its dumb that people aren't able to "relate" unless they go through the exact same stuff. Why can't motherfuckers feel empathy for people that are different than them? Doesn't make sense to me. I'm a white dude that grew up in the middle class and i'm infatuated with anybody that has the ability to take experiences that are different than mine and mold them into wonderful music that presents their point of view. It just seems weird to me that some people can't appreciate that.

Side note, kendrick's projects seem to be better than last one everytime he releases something [spoiler]not really counting untitled here as its not really a full project,though I love it, too[/spoiler]

The man is fucking consistent

Everyone on here called Gambino's album "mediocre" but this shit really puts it into perspective

Awaken My Love was better than anything Cole did this year

Yachty and Desiigner are both grammy nominated recording artists.

y-you too

Lmao

THIS

This

I guess they really want to stress their blackness.

kek

J. Cole has an IQ of like 99

i wanted to like this album, but none of his newer stuff could ever be as good as his older mixtapes (pink lavalamp, its charles hamilton, well isnt this awkward, outside looking, etc.)
someone please make a charles hamilton flowchart

I swear there are J Coles like this trying to justify that bullshit.