/powerpop/ General

>"Power pop is what we play—what the Small Faces used to play, and the kind of pop the Beach Boys played in the days of 'Fun, Fun, Fun' which I preferred." - Pete Townshend
When did you realise this is the greatest sub-genre of Rock music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=14ViwvgtvbA
youtube.com/watch?v=1CAzwewVjZ0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love Steve Marriot, never ever gets mentioned here.

The Small Faces are really overlooked. They get written off as a second-rate Who, but even if that were the case being a close second to one of the GOATs makes them a great band in their own right.

youtube.com/watch?v=14ViwvgtvbA

Well Paul Weller modeled himself on them, who went on to influence then entirety of new wave and indie rock. The Small Faces and hugely important

He died too young F

*the *are

Goddamn it's late.

Thats an odd rick. I don't think I've ever seen one before with the traditional shaped F-Hole.

Early model I guess.

I don't think even the Beatles played 330s.

The Rose Morris imports had traditional f-holes.

I'm pretty sure George had a 330 lad

The more you know I guess. Can't say I'm a fan though. I like the more common "wave" style

If you liked The Who from the 1960s............

The Jam were the best Pop Rock band of the late 1970s/early 1980s

What the fuck happened with The Gift?

Good punk w/powerpop sensibilities.

On a similar note...

Oh you mean when Paul Weller locked himself inside his bedroom with a stack of old Motown and Stax albums and decided to change the name of the band to The Style Council?

You know I saw "From the Jam" a few years ago. Obviously wasn't the same but Bruce Foxton is an incredibly underrated bassist.

Forget classic punk 4 root note bashing he was incredible.

Ireland's answer to The Buzzcocks.
First album is GOAT!

Fuck yeah dude. Great shit.

I like some of the Style Council stuff, but Weller singing in French, nah

and this
youtube.com/watch?v=1CAzwewVjZ0

Every time they were supposed to play in Chicago they always cancelled due to a "Family emergency".

Saw The Jam twice in the early 80s though.

>Saw The Jam twice in the early 80s though.

Very jealous.

Seen Weller twice solo. Unfortunately it was during his 22 Dreams tour so the setlist wasn't great.

First for good ol US power pop