Sup Sup Forums, what were you doing when you realized God doesn't exist?

Sup Sup Forums, what were you doing when you realized God doesn't exist?

>inb4 OP is edgy
>inb4 OP is a neckbeard
>inb4 OP is just as bad as Christians
>inb4 OP tips fedora
>inb4 OP is a fag
>inb4 OP can't inb4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BwFNWyqHHyY
space.com/18811-multiple-universes-5-theories.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Couldn't say. Happened too gradually to pinpoint an obvious first time.

Watching "Cult Of Dusty"

i was in church, realised the precher was saying how this year was gonna be "the year of change in god's kingdom" for the 5th year in a row

You don't believe in God op then how are you here? Your a fucking idiot

Weird... I'm gradually getting the feeling God exists.

>have underwhelming preacher
>decide God doesn't exist

what the fuck user?

>underwhelming preacher

heard this from several preachers, some of which were supposed to be quite well know, like, doing shit in the US

God exists but your small little peanut brain can't comprehend this. God exists within you and that's the only place you'll ever find God. So instead of wasting your time on earth seek the truth within yourself.

probably because science is a thing.

I was browsing reddit a lot and I became a atheist liberal feminist.

god doesn't exist and there is no evidence saying otherwise

>inb4 hurr durr there's no evidence saying he doesn't exist

you can't prove a negative, it's only logical to assume something doesn't exist if there's no evidence that it exists. sorry bud.

I still believe that there is something that ties the universe together. Some kind of intelligence that drives everything forward. Not the bible god, something more. Not a bearded man like the bible tries to make you think.

How do you know that God isn't just a really good scientist.

he must not be, considering the immense amount of flaws in things such as the human body

Lol faggot

My body is perfect I don't know about your maybe you should exercise bro

thank (You)

My situation was actually the complete opposite.

When i was an atheist i felt like life was fucking me. Shit always happened to me. I was fat, everyone in my school screwed me over every damn time and i was too shy and too much of a pussy to fight back. Also i had depression and i was addicted to cigarettes and alcohol.

When i realized that there must be a god who created this universe i started praying, i quite smoking, one of by bullies actually died ( his father shot him) and a other bully found a girlfriend and left me alone forever. Also i suddenly found the motivation to lose weight, i started to enjoy life more and i cured my depression.

Too much good things happened at once, so it can't be just a coincidence. So i think god exists and he rewards you if you believe in him.

"The Prophets Isaiah and Ezekiel dined with me, and I asked them how they dared so roundly to assert, that God spoke to them; and whether they did not think at the time, that they would be misunderstood, & so be the cause of imposition.

Isaiah answer'd, I saw no God, nor heard any, in a finite organical perception; but my senses discover'd the infinite in every thing, and as I was then perswaded, & remain confirm'd; that the voice of honest indignation is the voice of God, I cared not for consequences but wrote."

from "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell" by William Blake. It's short and available on the internet. It will blow your mind with its weirdness, wisdom and wow.

i was listening to my dad and mom argue. i was 5

God does exist you edgy neckbeard. You're just as bad as the Christians, tipping your fedora like a fag. Btw you can't "inb4" your own thread.

Not sure I realized op
Not sure I can assert a claim against a negative either.

God does exist, faggot, just not in any form you could possibly comprehend.

INB4 God = Afterlife

It's funny people who have God are happier and have girlfriends and nice stuff and atheist are sad emos who have nothing lol

catholic school, when they didn't have answers.

I will take a look at it. Thank (You)

You're........be sure to check your grammar before you start talking about the intelligence level of other people.

I was being told I'd go to Hell for asking a priest why they threw a homeless man out of the church instead of helping him.

Pretty sure that was the moment.

Or it could have been just after the Ria Ramkisoon story. That one still pisses me off. She starved her child to death because she believed God would resurrect him. Seriously, look it up.

>Become God
>Find the opposite of "God"
>Become a Zen Master

And now I want people to shit in the desert, or at least agree that moving cattle to imitate herds is the way to go.

>2016
>still believing in god

wtf

Hey OP,
I guess I am slowly getting to that point.
Been raised as a Christian, was taught to love everyone as myself (hard to do with the planet filled with assholes) never really discriminated against anyone save for the occasional joke for the sake of keks
Found out Christians are typically some of the biggest jerks, to everyone. It's like we have a literal God-Complex and a "Holier than thou" view over everyone.
I guess you call my situation a period of religious questioning and existential crisis.

TL:DR agnostic at the moment, not sure what to believe anymore.

Not one human being has ever lied.

>be me
>13
>Both parents are really religious Mormons
>My Dad more than my mom
>Dad moves to china for business
>Mom leaves him for some coworker she just met
>Dad comes back after China fired him to a broken home
>Mom leaves the church and becomes very successful
>Dad only becomes more religious and is now barley scraping by

youtube.com/watch?v=BwFNWyqHHyY

Believe that humans would be long dead because we have nuclear weapons and we are too stupid to fire them? No bro, ghost, fear, unresolved paranoia and whatnot is real.

i was at home drinking brain fluid when nechi ring

'god is die'

'oh ok'

And any nation does not mean shit. You are welcome.

>be 5 or 6 years old
>recognize grandmother's handwriting on package from 'santa'
>santa is just made up
>god is santa for adults

Meet a nigger and realized we are not that far off from monkeys. So evolution must be true.

I'm personally agnostic however I still do my everyday prayers, and head to church when my family goes. Whether God exists or not does not change the fact that Jesus was indeed real. People often times say he was not but he is cited in history.

>when you realized God doesn't exist?

God doesn't exist as described in organized religion.

I was in a "confirmation" class in the church my family went to, and I had read the entire bible the summer before.

I was told, then ordered, not to ask any more questions, and then trown out of the classes.

My family quit that church, my mom and sis going to a different one, and my dad, bro, and me never going back to any organized religion thing even again.

Weak people who can't get through their day otherwise, need to believe in God.

People who feel the laws of society aren't enough to keep them civil need laws of God, because to them, God is watching, even when cameras and other people aren't.

I don't tell these people there is no god. Quite frankly, they need God. I however, do not.

I follow the laws agreed upon in our society. I make myself push though the bad things, till I reach the good, and I'm stronger for it.

Feel free to believe in god(s) if that makes you feel better, but don't start shit with nonbelievers when they're trying to have a discussion that doesn't include you.

Really. All that shit-slinging. How Christian of you.

Stop worshipping science edgelord. I'll be praying for your soul.

When I started to study sub-atomic particle physics my belief in god started to diminish especially with the discovery of the Higgs Boson.

Although I'm not a full theist I do believe that there's a possibility that some omnipotent being in a higher state of matter or possibly another dimension provided the initial materials for the big bang to occur.

Anything outside of this theory is preposterous.

How does any one really know there is no God and how does any on really no there is a god. I think it's impossible to know for sure. Why does every one act like they know?

Where was he cited in history? Last I heard, the first mention of him in history books was by a man named Josephus, 300 or so years after Jesus was to have lived.

Not trying to be a dick. Actually curious where you read this.

>I'll be praying for your soul
This is why I dislike Christians. Usually they're just regular schmoes, but every once in a while you get one who "prays" for you. Their religion has the disease and the cure.

How convenient.

My brother, son, and wife died and totally shattered my understanding of the universe. There is no 'fate' 'destiny' or anything supernatural for that matter. Multiverse's are a real thing so I'm comforted in the fact that my family lives on in another dimension. There is not god in any way shape or form, but I think it's cooler science is showing things are more amazing than anything in the bible.

Don't. It's insulting. Plus, if prayers worked, wouldn't it be better to use it on someone who actually needs it? Like some starving orphan somewhere?

The short answer is you can't prove a negative, so nobody actually knows for certain that there are no gods.

I personally do not believe in gods because there's no evidence for their existence. I also believe they don't exist because all references to gods seem to be man-made. It's a safe assumption to believe that like Mickey Mouse God is a fictional character.

Sane people in a Sup Forums thread about religion? I've truly seen everything.

saying god doesn't exist is like saying you have no parents and just suddenly appeared on earth.

lots of people misinterpret god or tell lies about god, this is true, but that doesn't mean god doesn't exist.

hypsistos and transhumanism, god = simply the creator of the universe and the intelligence contained within. god created the universe and humanity, we will recreate this act through the birth of fully developed artificial intelligence which will result in the resurrection of the dead and immortality. the universe will become heaven.

separate god from the myths and lies, you probably know deep down you have a yearning to understand more and don't feel happy just turning your back on it all.

Dabble in Witchcraft, and you'll see real quick, that intelligent beings are influencing our dimension from their dimension..

>if prayers worked
If prayers worked, we could subvert the supposedly divine plans of gods. Not very impressive gods.

>is like saying you have no parents
It's not like this in any way. You have evidence that your parents existed.

I was in class, 5th grade, and people were talking about Jesus and they believed all that stuff. I was genuinely surprised when I learned adults had a Santa too.

It's the multiverse. Somehow they influence our realm and somehow our consciousness plays a role in it.

all I did was literally contradict each "inb4" OP did. guess I was too subtle.

Right? Fairly certain the Omnipotence Paradox raises enough questions.

>god didn't create the universe
>science did!
you're just deifying science

>so I'm comforted in the fact that my family lives on in another dimension
you're kind of right, it's like they went somewhere to sleep but without dreams.

i fully believe creating artifical intelligence is repeating the act of god creating the universe, and that humanity will be resurrected, become immortal, and live in the universe turned to heaven through science and technology.

most people will say this isn't true and it's impossible because of science fiction and a fear of artificial intelligence, and that's okay. but maybe just keep that thought in mind.

Hang on. Need to go back and re-read what you posted. Brb

i got forced to go to church on EASTER sunday, which was the only time i was ever going to a church.. and the preacher did a sermon on how much he loves fried okra..

so then i watched zeitgeist, and a few years later watched the documentary religulous with bill maher, and it only helped me with my disbelief of any religion, especially that of Christianity and fuck you OP

It's easy to make a definition of god that causes god to exist, but God as most religious people mean it does not exist.

"Everything is God!" Great. Well, everything that exists, exists, so I guess God is real.

Ok. I'm back. Yeah, if you were just joking, it didn't sound like it. It was actually very insulting. So yeah, this is still my response.

>Won't it be better to use it on a starving orphan somewhere?
Prayer isn't a currency. It's a conversation with your maker, in which, like a conversation with a parent, you can request things of Him, but just like your parent, He can refuse.
Prayer is for the lost, those whose souls are in danger of eternal hellfire. The starving orphan in Africa will be fine, because they will be rewarded eternally in heaven.
>But user, don't you have to believe in Christ to go to heaven?
Yes, yes you do, if you are above the age of 13 (the age you become a man or woman), below that age you are a child, and Christ would never turn away the little ones. Just like we should never turn them away.

but you don't have evidence they created you, you didn't witness your own conception and birth. just like god won't personally be revealed to you in a human form.

but there are clues everywhere you look, especially with the big bang theory. for the big bang to have taken place, there must've been something that started it, a creator. it can't come from literally nothing.

No one can prove weather God exists or not. Why do you faggots argue over this?

life is just past advanced technology and we are slowly going wake up and realized we where God all along we created this world. We are just trying to fool our selves in to beliving this is real.

whether* (^:

Stopped believing in god when i was twelve and was thinking about santa clause. Started believing again after studying m-theory, psychology, sociology (muh memes), religious text, and history.

Dogmatic religion is shit, spirituality has validity. Have fun oppie b8.

>it's like they went somewhere to sleep but without dreams
No. Scientist are pretty sure spacetime is infinite and they've found plenty of proof of other universes ( space.com/18811-multiple-universes-5-theories.html ). Mathematically if there is more universes then probability stats there are many more versions of us all. In fact most likely infinite versions of us all. If you die it's just in this realm not the rest. We've all died uncountable times in other universes already, but other versions of us always live on somewhere. Maybe there is a link between us all but that's improbable.

Ya know these threads and the YLYL threads are the only ones that have seemed to endure the ages

UNDERRATED POST

Standing in church during worship service (where they sing and shit) and I thought God was talking to me. Then I realized I was just talking to myself in my head, and wanting to think it was God talking to me. Then I looked slowly around the room and said to myself: "How do I know everyone here isn't doing the same thing?"

Instantly Athiest.

IM REALLY DRUNK SO DISREGARD TYPOS

Arguments on whether God is real or not never end. Theres no debating it, every side will have a rebuttal. It all comes down to;

Do you think everything has always been, or do you think GOD created it.

Regardless, to believe in GOD you have to believe in angles and demons (which i do not), you also have to believe the world is 5,000 years old, which is ridiculous.

There are only 2 sides to religion. Theres the side that makes people positive. yes the bible sends positive moral messages, i agree with that. If people can make it through this shitty life in a positive attitude through GOD so be it. more power to them.

On the second note, it cause nothing but problems. it causes riots, war, segregation.

theres no proof on either side. but i believe science more than i do religion, especially multiple religions that have the "virgin" birth, 12 prophets, crusifiction, rose 3 days later. etc..

When Santa told me.

>
I found JESUS.

I've been fine ever since I found JESUS.

Life. Got screwed over one too many times.

christ dude get over yourself it was a joke. you're seriously offended by being called a couple of names? what are you, 10?

idk i just always thought the idea was stupid and illogical

I have no desire to grovel to an imaginary father figure, especially if he's ok with a child suffering. Fuck heaven, feed that child. That's where I'm standing on this.

Ben Franklin once said: "The hands that help are far better than the lips that pray." I whole heartedly agree with him.

Being born

OP called so many inb4's that I have no choice but to believe he's a fedora wearing neckbeard faggotron 5000

Samefag here, and to sum it up, it always came across as bullshit to me. just like santa and the easter bunny as a kid. I knew they werent real. and i thought raised in a christian household, that jesus and mary and God were just the same.

shhh, that's offensive to

Tbh, idk. I think i stopped believing without realizing.
And one day i was asked or something and realized that religion is bullshit and im not actually religious

Like I said. It didn't sound like a joke. It sounded like every other troll or angry religious person that buts in whenever atheists try to have a conversation.

If it's a joke, fine. It's a joke. I'm just saying it REALLY didn't sound like it. To be fair, it's hard to get sarcasm when having to read it, rather than hearing it.

>what were you doing when you realized God doesn't exist
>implying I was ever taught such retarded fictions
Not even once.

yes... the universe the went to is one where humans exist in a sleep state without dreams. i didn't say they stop existing.

you're talking about reincarnation, and that's an even bigger leap than simply saying god created the universe.

reincarnation is anti-science, because instead of trying to use science to bring people back to life, you just hope dying isn't that bad. it's anti-science faith.

>the universe the went to
nobody went anywhere you're completely missing the point.. learn 2 science

Read this.

The honest truth is every thing is way to complex that I will never know. I don't know if will ever know the only thing I know is what is there in front of me in this world. And sadly it's not enough. Life is a scary and strange and every one just walks around confident acting like they know to impress one another. And act as if they know the answer deep down inside we are all lost.

Story Time

>I read 6 of the 13 Emerald Tablets one day
>Only 12 of 13 are published to the public, the 13th is for satanic elites only
>These tablets are made of an indestructible substance that looks like translucent emerald,that science can't explain, and they're in a museum as we speak
>The tablets read like a prayer or initiation ritual, and it's stated that you should memorize the tablets and read them a hundred times.
>The tablets were written by the god Thoth, the god of knowledge in the age of Atlantis before the great asteroid/flood that put Atlantis under water, in what we now call the Atlantic ocean.
>Read 6 of these tablets one Morning
>Got this intuition, or inner voice that was not my own afterwards, like it was planning my whole day?
>Thought it was cool at first, but wondered if I self initiated myself into satanism?
>Asked my Lord and Savior, Jesus of Nazareth to show me a sign to know if that voice was him.
>Went to work, forgot about it all completely.
>Get off work, goto Beer store, buy my beer, and while leaving. an old man strikes up a brief conversation, and just after says: "You better quit messing with SATAN! you have no clue what you're getting yourself into!"

I guess Jesus answered my question...