Went to my college's incoming student orientation

>went to my college's incoming student orientation
>they gathered us all for some sort of "intro to campus social scene"
>it was a consent class
>a consent class before we were even officially students yet

>me and my new friend make the best of a bad situation and routinely whisper sarcastic commentary to each other about it to make it more bearable
>eventually the stuff the speakers are saying gets so blatantly false that I can't help but start to write it down out of astonishment
>some highlights included "1 in 5 women will be raped at college", "the penetrator is always the guilty party in a rape scenario", and "all sexual crimes are perpetrated by men upon women"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MFFJWzgUmTE
statelaws.findlaw.com/new-york-law/new-york-rape-laws.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I stay calm and wait until the presentation is over
>I go up to the presenter, politely thank them for the presentation, and ask if it would be alright for me to give some constructive feedback
>the presenter was actually super excited, saying that feedback would be incredibly valuable
>I reiterate a "thanks" for the presentation, but mention that certain lines were unnecessarily antagonistic
>we discuss this for about ten minutes
>the presenters thanks me again, and even says they'll make sure to specify that, on a moral level, the penetrator can absolutely be the victim, even if that might not be the case in state law
>I tactfully wish them well and exit the presentation room, then return to the group

>around noon the next day, another one of my friends pulls me aside and says "oh, hey, user, I overheard some girls talking about you"
>I ask him what he means by that
>"Oh, they kept getting your name wrong, but they were talking about 'some guy' who disagreed with the presentation."
>another guy who was walking by jumps in to our conversation
>"Wait, are you guys talking about the rape-101 spiel they give everyone? Don't touch that with a forty foot pole. Of course they're shitting on men, but challenging them only makes you a target for accusations."
>I think to myself that makes a surprising amount of sense, but what I actually say is
>"Maybe, but I'd rather do the right thing."
>I instantly realize how lame that sounded
>I then realize that I just pissed off a lot of girls in a college where 70% of people are guys already, making my already abysmal chances even worse
>fuck, for all I know, I could be known as "the misogynist" for the next four years
>I brush off those thoughts, and our conversation then continues on as a generic discussion of idealism vs pragmatism

Did . . . did I do good?

You did good op

For once, OP is not a faggot

Whenever there's a stupid lecture I just ignore the whole thing and think about walnuts.

Mmmmmmmm

Well thanks, I just hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass

The girls that would hate you are cunts anyways, if you had sex with them they'd probably claim You raped them anyways. Did yourself a favor

unless you're transferring, where the fuck do you go that has incoming student orientation already?

you have no business there.
If they're preaching this horse shit the second you walk in you need to withdraw and take your money elsewhere.

Just say no to sex, and fap furiously.
I know it's college, and your dick is hard enough to slice diamonds, but fapping is where it's at.

As a walnut, I approve of this post.

OP, in which state is the law that the penetrator is the perpetrator?

what the fuck is this backwards pageantry?

Christ I'm so glad this shit wasn't happening when I was in college.

Jake couldn't consent either.

are you at RPI?

It's not happening everywhere. It's not so bad in Red states, mostly only in Blue states, and very wealthy places. Where the rural poor go to school, they're interested in just getting by and don't have time to worry about who's micro-aggressing them or whatever.

Walnuts aren't really my thing. Baked good, maybe?

I guess that's a good way to look at it, but this is a school with one of the worst gender ratios in the country.

>telling Sup Forums what college you attend
No.

The orientation was after the deposit was already made.

Fapping IS pretty great.

Apparently that's the law in the state of New York.

This was another thing. They showed a video from New Zealand of two drunk people hooking up which portrayed the man as a rapist even though BOTH of them were too drunk to consent.

. . . Fuck

lol UCI...too many chinks

I mean you're right; but fighting the PC monster is going to be a losing battle.

When I was in college about 6 years ago it wasn't as bad as it is now and even I remember people looking at me like I was a monster when I had the audacity to keep it real.

For example,

>there was this one class I had on the history of Islam, thought it would be interesting; but sadly the really well qualified old white guy who was supposed to teach it got replaced by a Muslim woman who could barely speak English, nice lady; but fuck if you're going to be teaching a college course you need to know the fucking language you're teaching it in.

Anyways....

>First day of class, Muslim lady teacher asks "What do you think of when you think of Islam?"
>I'm sitting there thinking, ha, I'm not gonna touch that one and I start listening to the other students.
>I got through ten minutes of fawning, BS about architecture, art, food, math and so on and so on and I just thought....well looks like I'm gonna have to be the asshole who keeps it real.
>Raise my hand
>"Well, I'm going to be honest, I, like many people think of terrorism. Its unfortunate; but in the modern world terrorism is Islam's most prominent impact on the outside world."
>Muslim Prof. is very polite and doesn't take offense; but I could feel all the super PC kids in their staring at me like I was wearing a Klan hood.

>The orientation was after the deposit was already made.
Transfer after this semester.

HAH. Alum here, 2010.
We had that talk too even then, but it wasn't quite that brazen. I'm surprised you have this far left bullshit narrative without a real liberal arts department.

Are the Troylets still robbing students on the regular?

Honestly this stuff is happening everywhere. The fact that this school actually listened to my feedback and even said they would INCORPORATE it actually made me feel good.

what the fuck college is this user? this feels like one of those tumblr posts where they tell off le misogynist and then the whole bus stands up and claps while a eagle otherkin starts crying

>I brush off those thoughts, and our conversation then continues on as a generic discussion of idealism vs pragmatism

the worst my college did was have a self defense course that was for women only, and a 'conflict descalation' course for dudes if they wanted. the rest was all gender neutral. god even our fucking required 'online education about college life' bullshit the main person in an abusive relationship was a dude.

>Honestly this stuff is happening everywhere
Not at decent universities desu senpai.

>he doesn't know they're just bullshitting him

that presentation isn't going to change a punctuation mark, let alone alter it's message.

Remember, yesterday was my orientation, I don't even know what the Troylets are.

I fucking WISH this was just "one of those tumblr posts", but it's not. see Does it happen at Cornell? That's a serious question. If I were to transfer anywhere it'd probably be there.

yeah my first college, joked about sex by having the older students wear armor made of condoms.

my grad school had us do a fucking 40 minute slideshow interactive "quiz" on this shit.

right now, the debate is whether rape should include "force" or merely "lack of consent".

i'd let you decide, but keep in mind that women can lie about lack of consent just to take advantage of a situation.

>pic related: a movie about sex assault (fun fact, i know one of the "victims" who were interviewed)

The high school students who live in Troy.

When I was there groups of them would steal student's backpacks because there's almost always a laptop in them.

Just go where the republicans go to college, it's unfortunate but the democrats got taken over by china and their communist shit.

republicans are bitches to china... look at huntsman, perry, jeb bush, and hank paulson.

Yeah, we haven't even gotten our laptops yet. I'm sure someone will mention these "Troylets" to us once we get the laptops.

Yeah but they leave out the communist shit, they deal in purely numbers.
>In other words, if we're going to be their bitch, let's leave out the ideology part where they make our women unattractive pls.

yeah i gotcha.

>go into debt for the next major stage of your life so you can spend the next few years getting bombarded with PC bullshit and leave with nothing more than a degree that may or may not help you get anywhere in the real world

OR

>take up a trade and start making living wages almost immediately and end up making damn good money within the next few years all while cracking jokes about whatever the hell you want without backlash or 'safe zones'

Tough call

youtube.com/watch?v=MFFJWzgUmTE
This is probably the most sane feminist i have ever seen
the redeeming thing for her is that you can actually have a conversation with her and not hear here rant "safe space" all the time
even when the argument is over she is still not convinced that her feminist movement is bullshit, still remains calm and dignified

>at company orientation for US Army
>they get to one of the biggest problems
>they start talking about rape accusations against soldiers
>they explain that at least 10% of all active military forces that admit to having sex while employed to the military have been accused of rape
>they go on to tell us that they aren't saying not to have sex because we all have to relive stress
>they tell us if we see a girl have a single drink or smoke a single cigarette not to sleep with her
>they tell us not to pick up a girl at any place with less than 10 people
>they tell us they highly recommend getting a written confirmation that they want to have sex with you
>they go on to explain the lost three squad leaders in the past year to rape accusations
>they go on to explain that one of the them went into an outhouse, flipped the safety off his M$, and put a round in his brain
>TFW soldiers live in more fear of woman than woman of soldiers

Have fun. Go to parties, lower your standards, RPI 9's are real world 6's.

Also be prepared to watch a bunch of people quit or switch to management after your first Chem and/or Engineering Analysis exam where the class average will be about 55%.

If Professor Hubbell is still there doing his psych class, he's fucking hilarious. Was my landlord for a year, we had him over to drink a few times.

100% of colleges in Europe and NA are like this. I went to school in the most conservative, rural part of the Midwest and we got the same "all men are rapists" talk during our orientation. Nowhere else to go, really.

Thanks, I just copied down everything you said for future reference

At my college we had a talk somewhat like that but the tone was more 'be careful guys because you can get in trouble for rape even though it was consensual'. Basically just a talk about not hooking up when you are super drunk.

You did the right thing, also no one will remember that in a week, you getting laid is about your in the moment charisma

there is literally no way any state would actually make a law that says only the penetrator can be the perpetrator right?

NY isn't that fucking dumb right?

Go for exchange or foreign students instead. It'll work out

The rural poor also only go to big state schools where the football programs are 25% of the state economy and so they will do everything they can to cover up even the most heinous of on-campus incidents.

Ohio here, a woman can sexually assault a man, but legally only the penetrator is a rapist, forced to penetrate is sexual assault.

actually a lot of rape laws state that it is specifically a crime against women
over 80% of rapes are male-on-male (see: prison system), yet we like to perpetuate the myth that it's a female-only problem

>Section 130 of the New York Penal Code provides that "sexual intercourse" has its ordinary meaning and occurs upon any penetration, however slight. First-degree rape is a class B felony.

statelaws.findlaw.com/new-york-law/new-york-rape-laws.html

That . . . is not a bad idea. I might just have to try that out.

you did good but stay lowkey for a while
you'll be ok m8, just don't rape anyone

Fem here,

this is why I fucking hate feminism. They're making the rest of us look bad. At least 3 of my close male friends were molested in some way, but feminists either turn a blind eye or make it sound like it's somehow worse on women. I fucking hate other women, not because I feel in competition with them, but because they can be so goddamned selfish.

Is this really what college has come to? You get treated like rapists that need to be reformed before your fucking foot is in the door?

Christ, so glad I'm done.

Red pill awareness.

Fuck the Fem-nazis, you absolutely did the right thing.

FFS, we don't need to be taught about consent anyway, it should be something you should already know as common decency.

I don't have words for how disappointed I am

This.

Please don't hold this against all women, guys. Just like you aren't all rapists, women aren't all ignorant retards.

> Lose some four years of your life
> Become a debt slave for half your life
> To be brainwashed by pretentious faggots

Explain to me how college is not a scam?

>right now, the debate is whether rape should include "force" or merely "lack of consent"

Honest question: do you think it makes sense to break it up into two tiers of offense on these grounds, such as murder vs manslaughter, and perhaps the lesser "lack of consent, but not forced" offense is a civil offense instead of criminal in order to prevent misuse by unscrupulous bitches from ruining a guy's life?

kek i watched half of it and its already and she got rekt
complains about the system of government not being the best, they host ask her a country with a better one and points at Europe and then the host says northern europe where there are more whites, then she goes silent as fuck... that was glorious

Honestly just knowing that there are more women like you makes me feel a lot better

Hey, I'm at least TRYING to look forward to the next four years. More than anything, I honestly am just happy I was able to meet some solid bros within my first two days.

Thanks man

I do: fuck that law. Pun intended.

Oh believe me, I have more than enough solid female friends to know that there are cool people who happen to have two X chromosomes.

Because it's being paid FOR me and my future employer of choice has specifically said this is a good fit for the kind of work they want me doing.

Only a scam for the poor and stupid, which is fine

If you're smart you'll get academic scholarships
If you're rich you can afford it

ayyyy and i live in canada so my parents paid for my cheap college while i spent all my cash on stupid shit

It's pretty relieving for me to get an answer like that, too, in this place.

Instead of bitching about women having less all the time, everyone should help create progress for males and females. Hermaphrodites, too.

Everyone needs to be equal, nobody's better than the other, we both have situational strong points and weak points. Bashing the other sex isn't helping anybdy. i feel like women do it to seem togh and be heard, and guys do it to feel companionship after they send most of their lives eing told not to feel.

Men and women act terrible to each other. Everybody needs to shut the fuck up and listen to each other on a case-by-case basis.

You sound like a legitimately cool person.

Why couldn't my orientation group include more people like you?

nice trips
also thats the first time a feminist wasnt shouting like a crazy person

You stood for what you believed. That's more than most people can say. Good on you.

It took a lifetime of bullying, watching others, alcoholism, and silence for me to get this way.

Hang with poor people more. The more shit people go through, the more likely it is that they've experienced enough struggles to understand most situations.

checked

that's cuz red states don't have schools

OP absolutely did good.

If a man isn't willing to defend his own integrity as a man, then he doesn't deserve it.

It doesn't matter how much feminists and idiot bitches shit on you for it.

Hearty thumbs up to you OP, you are worthy of admiration.

I don't know if I'd say that struggles are exclusive to poor people, but I completely agree that the growth of one's general understanding is fostered by overcoming struggles.

OP here: thanks. It's good to hear it from other people, and not just my own conscience.

Well that was true at UCSD.
If you've ever spent time in San Diego, it won't be a surprised.

This photograph makes me want to turn gay simply out of spite. Spoiled white bitch wants some kind of legal agreement before she'll make love to you.

OP you've got a lot of raping to do to make that statement correct. You wouldn't want those women to be wrong would you? Get to work.

Because I would like a decent paying job. The only reason I would ever attend a multi-billion dollar construct that rakes money off of already poor teenagers and young adults. I need some sort of masters or bachelors to get a job that pays good enough to feed a fucking family of 3

>white bitches
>making love to you
ur doin it wrong m80

lets be fair though, muslims in America are one of two things, Ex-muslims who left the faith (taking a risk of being murdered/raped/tortured here) because they know how awful it is, or are still muslims perpetrating and spreading a dangerous stone age belief system.

Women hate women because they know how women thinks

This is one of the reasonswhy I decided to never have sex, fuck women, they too complicated for my simple mind, I don't need no mental gymnastics

You did good, son. You did good.

>consent class
That translates to
>False rape allegations run rampant in here
Be carefull, user, you're on SJW territory now.

No. You have to burn the school to the ground.

>Even soldiers are victims of PC "culture"

What a sad day indeed.

>go to college party

>girl has one drink and starts hitting on you
>brings you back to her place and you fuck
>next morning you're woken by the police arresting you for raping a drunk girl repeatedly over the course of the night.
>she's sitting in the living room crying in front of other officers and throws a shitfit as you're dragged by

>she smirks at you as you get dragged out the door and you spend the rest of your life in prison

No thanks.

that's true

and what obummer and hitlery have maddeningly been trying to do right, which is, not inflame them by polarizing the entire dialogue to include them in this radical islam shit. But they've taken it too fucking far not mentioning even radical islam, and now the backlash is trumps campaign, escalating the rhetoric to compensate.

The ex-muslims that don't observe, when pushed far enough and vilified, will return to their culture, just as christfags and jews do. That's not good for anyone. But it may be unavoidable. I guess we'll see when the boxcars roll in.

If you want to live celibate, that's totally cool, but don't go being a dick about it.

Thanks

I'm not being a dick about it, at least not that I think.

I just hate the mind games woman give men more than half the time, having to guess what mood they're in and having to understand subtext of what they say is too tough for me

lol yeah we can't even rape half a million bitches without a few of them complaining and getting their asses penalized and booted out for it. We're such victims lol

This. Nice to see some of the real world creep into 4chin.

I'm celibate too. 9 years now. Everyone else I know's lives are fucked because they can't say no to a tight ass.

He isn't wrong nor is he being a dick. Have you every tried getting women in groups made up of even numbers to get along?

The only way they get along is in groups with uneven numbers so that a clear pride leader can form.

Most of them are like cats and they either need to be the lone female in a group or they need to be in a small group of women with a clearly defined/positioned leader. Otherwise they'll tear each other apart CONSTANTLY.

>I then realize that I just pissed off a lot of girls

The girls you pissed off are the ones that are the most dangerous to you in terms of false allegations. You lost nothing.

Most rapes in the military are male on male.

But go ahead and keep acting like you know what you're talking about kiddo.

Women hate women because of their individual actions, not because all women are the same. We aren't. I'm trying to get that across, here.

Yes, bitches are crazy. But I guarantee you completely that they're all mentally different. I'll present you with some scenarios from my past.

>have a friend
>her mother abandons her
>moves in with dad
>dad meets woman
>woman moves in
>woman doesn't like my friend
>"Your daughter or me, user. Choose"
>her dad kicked her out
>fast forward many years
>makes a really close friend, who's in a great relationship
>talk every day, go to each other's houses for years
>joins her class
>one day, as the friend she made walks into class
>walks over to the girl's boyfriend (we're all in newspaper)
>pulls him down by the collar (he is tall)
>starts making out with him furiously
>he resists, then doesn't
>she's straddling him on the floor
>starts grinding on him
>her friend and I staring on in horror
>her friend runs out of the room, crying
>she gets up, wipes off her mouth on her sleeve
>"guess I'm worth choosing"
>she never speaks to the dude again
>calls me up one day
>"Hey, how come _____stopped talking to me"
Is she lying to look less monstrous or was she so fucked up that she blocked it away.

Gonna shorten this up now. I've seen 4 other girls do stuff like this, betraying friends to take their boyfriends.
One because she was fat and wanted to know if she could get pregnant even though she was morbidly obese,
one because she was pregnant and didn't want the father to raise the kid because of his shitty parenting skills and saw another man being a good father,
one because she was simply dared to.
and one because 'god told her they were meant to be together."

We don't all fucking think alike, but goddamn, some have bad experiences, and some are nasty just fucking because.

DO NOT group me in with them.

I do my best.

This. Men rape men. Not terribly often, but i know someone it happened to.

Even if it does it will be worth it

look that shit up retard
and, 6 years in service
what've you got bitch

what college?

OP again. You are probably my favorite poster in this thread right now just for bringing some more common sense into the discussion.