Is his next album gonna be his best album?

is his next album gonna be his best album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v37pyVcmKtM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Or his greatest failure

Truly it will be the turn of the century

He will never top Yeezus. That was his creative peak.

it will either be really good or really shitty
he's probably gonna change a lot after recovering from his breakdown

you tell me OP
youtube.com/watch?v=v37pyVcmKtM

oui

only if it has a lot of memes

He's not exactly known for being consistent rapper. There's a chance, though.

that beat at 1:23

yeezus is better than LR and Grad, and 808's is better than TLOP

what is this garbage chart

He looks different but I can't put my finger on it. It's not just the blond hair.

Yeezus and TLOP are at least an 8/10
808s is at least a 7/10

>808
>2

What the actual fuck.

That's not true and you know it.

My personal tastes. And an OC I just made.

Probably. Same shit happened to daddy Ben Gibbard when he married 500 Days of Summer.

He's never made any album over a 6/10

I might bump up Yeezus and TLOP a little.

I hate 808s with a passion.

Paranoid and Robocop are the only tracks I liked.

Homeboy looking real old, man. Feels bad, man.

he's right u know

I just wish we could get a 20-track, skit-filled, orchestra-adorned, hot-versed album from Kanye again.

poor bait desu

Yeezus was his version of Eminem's Encore.

were gonna get an album that gets slept on early then looking back 3 years after its release realize it was really good, and then just sellout shit from there on out boys.

Yeezus is a 8/10

Plebs will all say that LR or MBDTF are better but these people are fags

Yeezus is his only truly great and innovative album.

>his version of Eminem's Encore.
Holy fuck I don't like Yeezus either but it wasn't THAT bad...

Minus 'skit filled' and I completely agree.

its his face, his eyes, they did something to him in that psych ward. idk what, but they did some shit. doc prolly stuck a finger up his butt for "testing" and shit nigga fuck the white devil!

he just needs to rest and focus on one thing

>only

Sure

PETE ROCK AND KANYE AGAIN? Bro. Old School Kanye comin' back.

There was Yeezus, (the birth of Yeezus)
The Life of Pablo (the life of Yeezus)
Turbogfx16 (the death and ressurection of Yeezus)

Three albums representing the three day period and three stages of the life of a Messiah.

Fuckin' dopeness awaits fellas.

It is though.

All his other albums are very much rooted in their time and doing whatever was popular.

Yeezus is his only album that was looking to the future and trying new things.

Fuck off Dethgrips fag. Yeezus was decent, certainly not his fucking best though. Neither was MBDTF. Late Registration or Graduation are his best albums, objectively. A lot of people write them off because they're "too commercial" or "don't have any real feeling" but that's a load of fucking bullshit from post-ironic hipster faggots who want to be contrarian.

LR and Graduation are his best albums. Everyone fucking knows this.

>808s
>that low
The album literally got to me twice, once a few weeks ago, and yesterday, I really think it's one of those pieces you gotta be in a certain situation to sync with.

from the thumbnail i though this was Carter and i was like fuck that scumbag

What does Yeezus have to do with Death Grips you fucking clown

You have no idea what you're talking about.

The College Dropout
>I'ma be the best rapper

Late Registration
>I am the best rapper

Graduation
>I'ma be a pop rapper

808s & Heartbreak
>I don't want to be rapper

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
>I'm the fucking best

Yeezus
>I am a god

The Life of Pablo
>Fuck me, I'm falling apart

>wasn't around for the dethgrips fags shilling Yeezus was a rip off of Dethgrips

lurk more faggot

I remember that, but it was a stupid meme.

What do Death Grips seriously have to do with Yeezus? You brought it up. Explain yourself.

...It has nothing to do with Death Grips. I was playing on the fact that everyone said it sounded like Death Grips when it came out. There's nothing to explain.

Look, I like Yeezus, but it is NOT his best album.

>but it is NOT his best album

But it is user. Like I said hereIt is his only album where he pushes boundaries.

So your implying that if death grips didn't exist this album wouldn't exist.

Would exist*

What situation were you in that made you 'sync' with it?

Yeezus sounds literally nothing like Death Grips. I don't know why you queers keep parotting this dumb meme.

>It is his only album where he pushes boundaries.

kek, this is why Sup Forums is great. People actually post what they think since it's anonymous, even if it's the dumbest fucking post ever.

I have no way to put it into words, but basically I was just in the mood.
It was early morning and I was in a bus.

christ what a bad album

Excuse me? You're going to sit there and tell me 808's didn't push boundaries? Why isn't that his best album? It's probably the one that pushed boundaries the most. It wasn't made in a time of "auto-tune", it was the beginning of the auto-tune era. After 808s came out niggas like Drake and Cudi took a tip from it. Not to mention a LOAD of rappers started using Auto-tune in their verses because they liked the off-kilter effect it provided to their vocals.

What popular music sounded similar to songs like Streetlights, Love Lockdown, See You In My Nightmare, and pretty much a majority of the tracks on 808s?

How did Yeezus push any boundaries in regards to hip-hop? By introducing elements from 808s and heartbreak as well as Cruel Summer? Yeezus isn't his most innovative or "boundary pushing" record.

Kanye has hit the george lucas point in his career where he has incredibly bad taste but is surrounded by yes men who will only enable him to make shittier and shittier music

On what other albums or even songs does Kanye push boundaries user

Literally all of his other work is just basic pop

Yeezus is annoying as fuck but it does it so well. From On Sight to Bound 2, it's a masterpiece.

See
Also, your idea of what makes a great album is whether it sounds poppy or not? That's not a very good way to rate anything.

I didn't say there is anything wrong with basic pop music. But it is by definition not innovative.

>last two
ya that's why they are shit

hes in that wierd prince michael jackson point where youre rich and fuck and surrounded by rich weird people

So if an album isn't innovative it isn't good? That's lunacy.

I just said there is nothing wrong with pop music you stupid cunt. Learn to read.

Your opinion is shit and Yeezus is not his best album because it's "innovative". I promise you, 808s was more innovative for its time than Yeezus. Yeezus is literally a blend of 808s and Cruel Summer bro. Also, it's not necessarily innovative when you see where his influence came from...

Check out The Wild EP by Unkle Luc and Sydneyintheory

IMO the last good Yeezy album was Watch the Throne.
Everything after I've been like what the fuck is this?

even WTT sounded like an old Jay Z shit

And what the fuck is wrong with that? Watch the Throne has some amazingly good tracks. The Joy probably holds some of Kanye's best verses.

I agree that Jay Z is pretty lame but I still liked WTT

Nigga, Jay-Z was a guest on that album regardless of who's name was first.

Not saying its bad, just doesn't blow me away is all

Not every album is meant to blow you away. And you imply that these other albums aren't good when you say things like "It's not innovative". So what if it isn't innovative? 80 percent of music is not innovative.

>80 percent of music is not innovative.
I'd say 99.99%

>Yeezus was his version of Eminem's Encore.

No

>were gonna get an album that gets slept on early then looking back 3 years after its release realize it was really good

We already got that with 808s

>It is his only album where he pushes boundaries.

nah that's 808s, no samples, raw basslines and it's one of the major influences in rnb and pop to this day

no, because he already made 808s n heartbreak

hold up cudi helped influenced that kind of kanye. he'll even admit that himself that s why he refers to scott as a true friend he would not be where he is at without cudi

AAAAAaaaanndd... yoooou made me looooose my self controoool..

I can personally assure you it's not bait.

Is that what it was? I could have sworn I heard Kanye mouthing off to Cudi recently about how he took his style from 808s.

On the real though, Man on the Moon was a fucking dope album. That opening track is unmatched.

you mean Street Lights got to you

All those street lights
Glowin
Happen to be just like moments
Passin
In front of me so I hopped in
The cab and
I paid my fare see I know my destination
But I'm just not there
Life's just not fair.

Another real good one is Bad News.

anybody see that tracklist it has games like tastunoko vs capcom, silent hill, and resident evil

there are so many phenomenally shit opinions in this thread

it should be a case study

Yeeeaah

nah man the line that gets me is "let me know, do I still got time to grow"

In fact, come to think of it that's like the only song of the last few years i've heard that's actually GOT to me. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's picturing Kanye, sad figure that he is, at 30 years old contemplating his youth wondering if there's still time for him. And to think he's made ALL these great albums and had ALL this fame and success, and even that is not enough for him. Even he still feels like he didn't get it early enough. After all, he did come into the game kinda late at 26. He probably knows this and is jealous of other dudes who did it earlier, and it just makes you sad. He knows he can never get those years back.

This is why I have doubts about him making a great work now. He's already fuckin 40 years old. Can you believe that? And you KNOW he's depressed about aging. You know he hates getting old. Part of his whole brand is that he's young and full of creative energy. When he tried to pass himself as a "millennial" in his VMA speech it was a joke. Will he be able to pull himself together to make something great? Or is he so spent, and ashamed of his age he'll either kill himself or quietly hermit himself away for the rest of life?

Come to think of it, Soulja Boy is the only dude out here who really won. Motherfucker had Crank That at SIXTEEN!! Not to mention plenty other hits. He was a teenager with all the riches and fame and bitches in the world. And now he's 10 years in the game and STILL YOUNG 0.o and being looked at as an inovator

I really don't think age has anything to do with quality of music friend. Kanye could easily make a great album considering the shit he's been through. It'd be the perfect outlet. The only people that care about age of an artist are suits because they need to market an image, not music.

>Come to think of it, Soulja Boy is the only dude out here who really won. Motherfucker had Crank That at SIXTEEN!!

What about Dizzee Rascal

Blood on the Leaves is a masterpiece

>Kanye
Fuck off back to Sup Forums