Is this peak cape? I don't think it can be easily surpassed

Is this peak cape? I don't think it can be easily surpassed.

I'm looking forward to Infinity War but I think the galactic level threat will take away from what made civil war and winter soldier great which is drama at the (meta)human level .

If this is the peak I'm happy with it. All those MCU films lead into this one. All that backstory. It had incredible fight scenes, and some real feels as well. I think this is kind of an empire strikes back thing where the franchise will continue but this is the best part looking back. I'm just happy I got to see it as a comics fan, that something like this could actually get made. That a genre that was looked at as a fucking joke could spawn something like this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G97LrHy0aSQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You've truly been brainwashed by Disney and the Hollywood moneymaking system

C I N E M O G R A P H Y

You've truly been brainwashed by Sup Forums and the cynical mememaking system

Why was he so feminine in posture in this scene

It looked like he was wearing high heels and a skirt

If they were too pussy to kill someone inn Civil War, I don't see how Infinity War is gonna have any stakes. We haven't seen Thanos do jack shit and the tone of the movies thus far would require a jarring shift for Thanos to be as omnicodal as he is in the comics.

No, I torrent most movies. Most times I don't give a dime into the system. I would have happily torrented this if there had been a leak day one, as it was I couldn't wait so I went to see it in theaters, but there is an almost dvd quality torrent out now that is really solid.

I'm just happy as a comics fan that I got to see this and I want it to make lots of money, I'm happy it's doing well, it deserves it. It's a great movie. Even a decade ago I would have never believed that a comic movie with cap and iron man could be this great.

Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Avengers or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.

yawn.

Death doesnt equal stakes and good storytelling. Complaining no one died is retarded when in the context of the story as it is, it wouldn't make sense for them to die. There are awful movies where people die left and right, having those life and death stakes doesn't make it good.

I would say the quality has been terrible until the first X-Men movie in 2000 which showed it could actually be done set in a serious world. After that we got nolans dark knight series as well. MCU really starts with Iron Man in 2008. After that its hit or miss but first Iron Man, the first Avengers movie, Winter Soldier and now Civil war are better in every way than anything I ever thought would come out of comics. Dark Knight and the first Spider man movies are the foundation. I just never thought it would reach these heights.

Agreed, it was fantastic movie. Not really sure what they're going to do with Infinity Wars, but my hopes for Phase 3 are up.

Why can't anti-MCU fags just accept the simple fact that those movies are made as entertainment and there is nothing wrong with watching well-crafted summer flick? Bet 99.9% of "Marvelshit" critics play vidya or watch sports on TV or go to circus or even watch movies that are just "bad" as MCU ones or engage in other forms of low-brow entertainment.

Best MCU movie

It was good but not that good. It was good for an entertaining movie is not even the best cape movie ever, at best it is the best marvel movie, which it isn't saying much because the movies were always "fun" but never "good" with a few exceptions.

No the exception is them being bad.

>I would say the quality has been terrible until the first X-Men movie in 2000 which showed it could actually be done set in a serious world.
Um, Burton's Batman films? X-Men showed that superheroes outside Superman and Batman could be successful, but it was Riami's Spiderman which kicked off the modern wave of capeshit.

I'm surprised by how consistently better each Cap film has been getting

>Um, Burton's Batman films?

They were great for what they were, but they were cartoonish.

Yeah original Spider-Man started it all for good or ill.

Objectively, was this a good movie?

I personally told my friends, who saw it with me, that I thought it was better than BvS because it didn't try to hype up the next movie (which BVS spent half the time hyping up Justice League) yet I felt it wasn't that great. It was cool seeing the heroes fight each other, but it felt like a cop out ending.

What do you think????

You're a good one.

What the fuck are you talking about? Peak cape was TDK and thats it. If you still are watching capeshit movies after that then you are a fucking braindead retarded mongoloid and should get the fuck out of this board.

All of the characters feel like actual characters with motivations and opinions of their own, it has great action too.

Yes!

usually the third is worst, so its more impressive.

There is a difference between "Fun" and "good", marvel movies have always being fun and entertaining but never have been good or quality cinema at all. Civil war was fun and good but I would say that isn't saying much when other movies have manage to be both a long time ago even among other cape movies and at least one other MCU movie.

You're thinking of the next two, there is literally nothing closer to capekino then Batman Returns tbqhfam.

MCU peaked at Winter Soldier, and Civil War failed to live up to it. It's all downhill from now.

>there is nothing wrong with watching well-crafted summer flick?
There is nothing with enjoying a summer flick. Trying to tell people ti's well-crafted is simply disingenuous however.

Batman Returns was a shitty movie. Fuck I hate this meme.

Batman vs Superman and Civil War were two of the worst movies I have ever seen.

We saw Bucky literally punch Howard Stark's skull into a caved in mess.

Ironman doesn't even wear a cape, you fag

It is as well-crafted as those flicks come. Responses of audiences and critics, objective measurements of movies success, confirm this.

idk, some shots seem to be actually really well-thought, some moments here and there, decent work with lights and shadows, et c.

It's average at best, stop trying to fool yourself. The acting is good and the characters are well fleshed out but the story doesn't really start until 40 minutes in and then falls apart to the end.

I would agree that this is probably the pinnacle of capekino. I really don't see where it can go from here.

Cause cap made him his iron bitch

Tony Stark is a very feminine person. All of his actions are driven by easily swayed emotions.

youtube.com/watch?v=G97LrHy0aSQ

it was 7/10

You want it to make a lot of money but you aren't willing to contribute. You're a tick. A leech. A tapeworm. A parasite.

well idk, a 7 means it was fucking amazing, and it certainly wasn't overall

his pose is a reference to the famous ancient sculpture of a wounded gallic warrior

I actually agree OP, this was my favorite MCU movie so far and I liked how it felt as a big event piece. Obviously it has some flaws but I'm glad some competition pushed Marvel to give us something like this.

I said I went and saw it in the theater.

Russo Brothers just make good films

Let the Russo Brothers make everything and they'll end up topping their last movie.

That's all. They know how to make a good story and use characters properly.

Nah theyre pretty good

Iron Man and Winter Soldier are still the best MCU films so far.

>Objectively

There is no such thing. But I came out thinking it was slow and kind of meh, but upon further consideration it as pretty fucking good. It's like the opposite of the effect where you come out thinking it was amazing but the more you think about it the stupider it gets.

This, I actually liked AoU MORE in the theater and after it ended it was really easy to pick apart. Civil War was kinda meh in the theater but the writing and character work hold up really well in the back of my mind.

AW SHIT

IT IS KINO

Very slow paced at first, but still amazing.

MCU has nowhere to go but down.

DCEU has nowhere to go but up.

More like DCEU can go down further.

Same.

The whole idea of the "Civil War" was kind of deceiving. The characters were never really "at war" with each other in an ideological sense. They were simply trying to capture Bucky. It wasnt really about the Registration act

>it's like he was wearing high heels and a skirt

Atleast half of that is true

based user

BvS was better, this scene was the magnum opus of cape-kino

I know Barry Allen sir, i've been reading comics about Barry Allen for years

that sir, is no Barry Allen. That appears to be a mexican muslim, an islamic speedy gonzales

>I mow your lawn real quick mistarh wayne
>you forgot to pays me last weeek mistarh wayne

Why did cap give tony a 1990's era motorola flip phone as his lifeline.

She's ugly

Please stop, denial isn't healthy for you

with a few exceptions they werent trying to kill each other, for the tone of the movie it fit

Returns is a mess, is not bad but it isnt good either

she's beautiful, I wish I could post her without being banned

I though the same after Man of Steel but BvS was worse

Civil War was average even for comic book movies. Half the content could have been cut and little to nothing would have changed, like the entire fight scene at the airport. That's messy writing

Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and souless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest-common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conveiced product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Civil War or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangers for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.

>well idk, a 7 means it was fucking amazing

Are you retarded?

this pasta needs to be more widespread

Hark, what pasta from yonder compost creeps!

>LOS ANGELES (Variety.com) - Disney-Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War” remains dominant at U.S. theaters with $72.6 million at 4,426 U.S. locations — the eighth-largest second weekend of all time.

>“Civil War” showed impressive staying power after it launched with $179.1 million last weekend, the fifth-highest of all time. The 59% decrease is in the same range as two other Marvel-Disney tentpoles: last year’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron” and 2013’s “Iron Man 3.”

>“Civil War” has taken in $295.9 million at the domestic box office in its first ten days. Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst with ComScore, said “Civil War” is keeping the box office momentum going for a strong summer season.

>“‘Captain America: Civil War’ continues to benefit from good old-fashioned word-of-mouth, an irresistible concept and its delivery of a flat-out perfect summer popcorn movie experience and that has powered the film to close to $300 million after just ten days in North American theaters,” he added.

>“Captain America: Civil War” will become the 11th title to have exceeded $70 million in its second weekend. That list is headed by “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” with $149 million, “Jurassic World” with $106.6 million, “Marvel’s The Avengers” with $103.1 million, “Avengers: Age of Ultron” with $77.7 million, “Avatar” with $75.6 million, “The Dark Knight” with $75.2 million and “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” at $74.2 million.

this horse has legs, strong legs

In an ideal world, comic book adaptations would be pushing the boundaries of audio-visual storytelling, offering a sense of style and playfulness unique to the medium. For all its juvenile flaws, the medium of handdrawn capeshit actually is its own artform and kept reinventing itself.

When you look at revered classics in cinema history, you see filmmakers with sensibilities that aren't that different from comic book artists. Filmmakers who understand the power of imaginative framing and editing, they played with depth, angles or colors schemes, experimented with montage techniques, sound design or lenses.

This is a picture from Stan Lee’s "How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way". Look at it and ask yourself how would the equivalent "How To Makes Movies the Marvel Way" could look like.

Then ask yourself where the current Kevin Feige-produced MCU titles would be, on the left or on the right? Do they offer visual dynamism, creative and exciting use of the medium's possibilities in order to heighten the experience? Personally, when I look at this picture, I can see exciting formalists and pop artists like Orson Welles, Seijun Suzuki or Sergio Leone belonging on the right, or even to stay strictly in the field of current blockbuster filmmakers, people like George Miller, the Wachowski Sisters or Brad Bird but certainly not Peyton Reed or Jon Favreau, with their flat, uninspired televisual (lack of) style.

All the great Marvel artists would absolutely agree that the MCU is a bland, soulless sham.

Can Marvel supporters really defend their choice of filmmakers, as risk-taking artists or even simply talented at making exciting action set pieces or memorable characters? Of course not. It really isn't surprising, considering most of them come from bottom-of-the-barrel Apatow-tier comedies or TV sitcoms.

Notice how the good/interesting capeshit filmmakers come from deeply visual genres (Raimi, Del Toro from horror, Burton and Bird from animation). They also seem to have a genuine love for the material, as it was part of the counter-culture when they grew up.

People like Nolan or Singer who come from solid neo-noir thrillers; while not visionary or creative have at the very least an elegant style of filmmaking and try to tell thematically meaningful stories, treat their characters/universes seriously and the audiences with respect.

You know, it doesn't look like the page on the right has any more substance to it than the one on the left. Are you sure you're not just being a pretentious ass, Mr. Pasta?

This was probably a 5 or 5.5. I thought Age of Ultron was worth a 3.5. As usual the parts in between the fighting were boring and just served as interstitial lapses to cleanse the emotional palette for the next fight.

Action sequences were pretty well done, as usual.

I did enjoy the ending.

The shots have waaaay more depth. The differences in distances from the viewer, the angles, the positions of the characters etc. The page its drawn on is flat, but only the right page attempts to trick you into thinking its not.

>attempts to trick you into thinking it's not
Hmm. So what you're saying is that Snyder is trying to trick you into thinking his films have depth when they don't have any more of it than the MCU does?
I agree wholeheartedly.

Thats ridiculous, your average score tells me you must have incredibly high standards yet you were somehow bored. You have to be an idiot or have an incredibly low attention span.

What do you give a 7 or an 8?

Anyone have a favorite scene or line? I actually really liked it when Tony told Steve to drop the shield. Legitimately heartbreaking moment.

This movie was shit. The plot was stupid, the characters were entirely inconsistent with their designs and personalities, the meme one-liners were the most obnoxious they've been in a Marvel movie yet, and the action was complete dogshit(Most of which was made even worse by gratuitous shaky cam).

Why the fuck is it even called Civil War? It was barely a Civil bar-fight, by their standards. They weren't even fucking trying.

my issues were:
>Deathstroke was only in the beginning scene instead a villain throughout the movie
>who was deathstroke getting the chemicals for?
>Scarlett witch and vision are supporting cast in the fight, instead of fucking everyone elses shit up
>tony was made out to be the "wrong" guy of the two sides
>Captain didnt die
>main villian was underwhelming. "I h8 america" is a pretty weak reason to go to all this trouble to destroy the avengers within

>You've truly been brainwashed by Sup Forums and the cynical mememaking system
/thread

>Deathstroke
Cheeky.

>GET R DUN

It doesn't matter who crossbones was stealing the bio-weapon for, it's irrelevant to the plot.

Tony was only "made out" to be wrong because idealism is so attractive, the realist is never as romantic but he's usually right. Everything Tony did made sense logically.

Zemo didn't hate America. He had nothing against America at all.

>Cap leaves behind his iconic shield
>Bucky leaves behind his iconic metal arm
>Tony's iconic arc reactor is destroyed
POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y

BONUS POTTERY POINTS:
>Cap drops his shield at the end of TWS because he refuses to fight Bucky
>Cap drops his shield at the end of CW, again, because of Bucky
BASED RUSSOS

Fuck no. The movie is ass. No impact : the movie. Nothing has impact at all. Nobody feels like they are in danger. Serious moments that should build up emotion get hacked with one liners and jokes ruining any feelings you may develop for an outcome. Horrible villains that feel forced. It was BAD just zero buildup for anything

>Tony
>Not the faggot villain
He always goes full-retard because he absolutely cannot possibly handle the notion of being responsible and held accountable for his actions.

You'd think Ultron would have made that pretty clear. He's a weasel that would sell out the Avengers in a heart-beat if it meant he didn't have to be responsible for anything afterwards. In fact, that's pretty much what he did in the movie. Captain America is generally on the right side because he's the realist, and understands that in order to do their job and prevent extremely fucked up shit from happening, sometimes you end up with collateral damage.

"Boo hoo your son was hit by some debris from an explosion I never caused. Let me drop what I'm doing and let an entire chunk of the planet plummet and wipe out our species instead."

Literally the entire fucking movie is just whiny faggots blaming heroes for collateral damage caused by villains. Like it's Witch's fault retards crowded around a fight.

>it's an angry DCcuck who hasn't even seen the movie says some angry words episode

But he's right you shill. The whole big 'climax' fight was stupid as fuck. The only remotely redeeming thing about it is they finally toned down the shaky cam just enough to actually see what the fuck was going on. Why even call it Civil War when it's more of just a friendly slap-fight where they literally joke with each other while 'fighting'? If even they don't take the story seriously, why should the audience?

>Why even call it Civil War when it's more of just a friendly slap-fight where they literally joke with each other while 'fighting'?

wat

Prepare to be surprised

Have you seen the movie? They literally laugh and joke with each other and hold conversations in the middle of their scuffle while pulling punches. One of them even mentions "We don't usually talk this much in a fight"

Some more pottery:

Howard gives Cap the shield as a gift, because he deserved it.

Cap returns the shield to Tony, because he no longer deserves it.

He says that to SPIDERMAN you triggered dcuck but what should I expect from someone who reads dc comics

Yes I have seen the movie. The fight at the airport they are friends fighting who do not want to kill or seriously injure one another. If you had watched it you would remember Tony saying to black widow the plan was "to go easy on them". Remember how black iron man said "this thing won't kill you cap, but it won't tickle either", etc.

One side is trying to apprehend the other without hurting them, the other side is trying to escape without hurting anyone. I don't what to tell you if you didn't understand this simple concept that the smallest child would grasp, that is spelled out over and over.