Hey Sup Forums, I'm considering joining the French foreign legion as an American...

Hey Sup Forums, I'm considering joining the French foreign legion as an American. Not a very patriotic person and don't want to join the U.S. Military in any capacity. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oS7wMm-Swe0
cervens.net/legionbbs123/
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pionniers_de_la_Légion_étrangère
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditions_à_la_Légion_étrangère
theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/17/french-foreign-legion-soldiers-trial-recruit-death
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

can you fluently speak french?

I'm doing it too!
I'm training before I join though, there's accounts of abuse during the training months.

Not a requirement

i heard thats its especialy for people who have problem with the law or they live in the streets.

I guess it's not very nice there - compared to regular army

Why would you want to become French if you don't live in a shittastic, third-world country?

It's not at all required.

Still lot of Germans are in there too.

Shit, I might join you. When are you planning on enlisting?

Op here, no idea. Still considering

so you want to go fight for a country that cant even fight for themselves? makes sense....

Op here, don't give a fuck about France. Legionaries are told to put the legion above anything else.The legion has a history of rebellion.

Dude, throughout history France has fought, and won more wars than any other country.

And Legionaries are some the the most well trained and respected military members in the world, often engages in the heaviest and most brutal fighting.

Shit, I'm legit considering just dropping everything spur of the moment to do this, I have literally nothing to lose.

"Hahaha I called him a cuck" nice work alt right fag

Op again, I'm mean, considering what it entails, I wouldn't have posted this if I wasn't still considering it

You fucking bitch. You want to go and join the FRENCH instead of your native country which is home to the greatest military in the history of the world? You make me fuckin sick. How about you listen to battle hymn of the Republic and realize how much of a faggot you are.

>joined the legion in '09
>deployed to Afghanistan
>went outside enemy lines and had half my friends die
>Actual french soldiers stayed behind and never saw combat but had 4 deployments
>get french citizenship
>used that french (EU) citizenship to move to Germany
>joined the Heer
>so much better

FFL is just pretty much being the Armys bitch because the french are natueally cowards. Its in their blood. Youll see it eventually.

definitely wanna fight for this buxom maiden

op, let me direct your attention to
streamboobs.com

Yeah when you sign on you do it to protect everyone in your country even if they are an ugly fuck. You wouldn't make it though any kind of military training you fucking simp.

you should read cervens before you go waste your time.

OP, for real, if you want an enlistment buddy let me know.

And you know what, I think I'll enlist in Nice, because fucking mudslimes.

>French foreign legion
-Military march with an axe.
-You can wear a beard if you come back alive from fighting.
- Even if they don't speak french, all soldier have to speak it. In 3 month, you speak french.

youtube.com/watch?v=oS7wMm-Swe0

go for it

i wish i joined up in the marines before i got in a car crash and lost my legs.

if i knew id be a cripple for life id have def joined

stop talking shit, only pioneers can carry axes and sport beards.

My cousin joined last year and in his opinion it was the best decision he take in his whole life.
He is well payed and sleep and eat for free.
He gets used to the training after few months, he is now is out almost everynight (when in his not on operation). He told me that he never fucked so much girl since he joined.

Glorious Sapper tradition. The baddest of the bad.

Now, I need to get ahold of like, 1400$ to get a plane ticket to France so I can enlist...

Op here, no idea how I would let you know, it sure man. I'll probably post it here if I end up joining

Where the fuck are you getting your facts from?

>only sappers march with axes

>only sappers are allowed to wear beards

>its 40 weeks of French that you learn along with your training.

I think you shoved your baquette so far up your ass it poked your brain and lowered your fucking intelligence you faggot

You can still serve our country in the intelligence services or as part of the Foreign Service (working for the State Dept., at embassies and such)

all you wannabes should go read cervens.net/legionbbs123/

there are so many people applying for legion nowadays that they can select the best, do not go waste your and their time if you are not prepared.

idk, I can drop a bullshit email address or something.

I'm probably going into the FFL, but it would be nice to join up with someone else, even if we are literally strangers.

Op here, where are you from my friend?

have a round trip ticket dont mention you're american there's alot of muslims at the recruiting and other people that dont like americans just talk to the guy giving you the interview bring some cash for beer when they ask you never at anytime in your life did any drugs even when the interviewer tries to be cool about it the answer is still no. be honest about crimanal stuff they will find out and really they dont give a shit about just be honest sign up in marcie not paris make sure this is what you want and have fun bon chase

Well, fuck you, and, fuck you.

I have never said it was not sappers.in the military march.

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pionniers_de_la_Légion_étrangère

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditions_à_la_Légion_étrangère

"beard as pioneers rode to attack first, their life expectancy was very low. Therefore, they had the right, when they went into battle, not to shave beards and were returning when they survived."

And, at last : fuck you.

Legio patria nostra.

you clearly implied that everyone can wear beards and carry axes. you were wrong. stop being a faggot and accept it.

Everywhere, but right now based in Pittsburgh.

Op here, if I end up joining, il keep my eye out for an American user

whats the point
at the end of your training they are gonna give you a white flag and thats about it.
why not become ISIS and serve a greater purpose

don't listen to these peeps. if someone does anything aggressive towards you in the selection, they are thrown out immediately. they don't want impulsive and aggressive people there. you can't buy beer for weeks, if you are lucky you might get a chance to drink one when at the farm IF you visit the god damn town.

kek the german army doesn't allow citizens of other countrys eu or not

Keep an eye out for the Giant nobody there will be taller than me.. Name of Wade Wilson, I shit you not that is my legal birth name.

Who cares ? The fact is, during Bastille day,
Legionnaires parade with an axe.

legionnaires don't parade around with axes, only pioneers. there's a big difference.

Pioneers are the legion too. I dont see where is your problem. Even if it was sappers and not soldiers, during the march they represent legion.

the problem is when you say: "legionnaires parade with an axe", but it's only a small part of the legionnaires who can do that. and it takes years before you can even become one.

I think the user you're talking to is a Frenchie who's English may not be the best. Might wanna calm your britches, Sally

>Germany
>the Heer
>much better
kek hard

Enjoy living off bread and being treated like shit OP, I like FFL but they legit are treated like trash.

I know. My intention was not to suggest that all légionnaires parade with axe. Even if i was inexact, i've saying that only veterans can do it.

(ps: excuse my English)

It's always funny to see the negative stereotypes France has when it comes to warfare while half of the known vocabulary in said warfare comes from French due to all these centuries during which France was fucking up every one else.

As a french can tell you it's not necessary to speak french. Netherless, you better not be black or jewish, foreign legion is not very well know for behing left oriented. Lot's of it's history, songs and training are coming from ex-SS who came after WW2.

OP probably should have posted this in Sup Forums proxy fags aside the flags are at least in posts

legionnaires eat, wear, use everything exactly the same as normal french army does. only the training and discipline is more strict.

Yes, it's true. Google speak a better English than me. ^^'

this was before, french army like the foreing legion is a professionnal army. People with law problem are not admit in it now.

I'm french and please leave this country in the shit. Our president is a faggot and people are fucking puppets !

this man speaks the truth. if you have small problems they don't mind, but if you are a career criminal or something, you won't get in AND they inform interpol.

taggle

Up until WWII

Was in the '88 - '93. Fully true story, bro. What do you want to know?

You have a romanticised opinion of the FFL from reading too much Beau Geste. It is as romantic as any other infantry unit, just in French - ie nasty, shitty training, nasty, shitty food, getting send to the utter shitholes of the world and being killed like a dog for no good reason.

No man who has been in a war glorifies war anymore. The only people who join the FFL are the absolute scum of Europe, Albanians, Kosovars, and eastern European neo nazis.

They would absolutely eat your lily livered American ass for breakfast. Be prepared for them to laugh you out of the recruitment centre

You been there?

OP, why?

A friend of mine did so. Being Swiss, people considered him as stupid, because a lot of people do it for financial reasons (about 1200 Euro /month). Moreover, it's a violation of Swiss law, they took his passport and he will eventually have to pay a certain amount of money when coming back to Switzerland.
He seems to regret it though. Yeah, it's physically extremely tough and they to visit regions all over the world which you don't see as a tourist, but apart from doing badass things, they were just waiting. Especially the new guys are in charge of cleaning and other dull stuff. Moreover, they seem to have a serious problem with alcohol. He's a very smart guy, and I always thought decided to throw his life in the trash.

gr8 b8 m80

Up until 70 years ago, that's right.
I don't think a shameful defeat - albeit such an important one like that one - should erase other past accomplishments.
Italy is not the butt of half as many jokes as the French are and yet they fared way worse during both WW for instance.

how common is soldier on soldier rape? Is it more an officer on enlisted thing, or is it more just a whoever you can single out from the herd sort of thing?

Give me the straight and narrow, is it worth it for someone who has nothing to lose and is willing to commit 110% to it.

that literally can't happen nowadays, if that would happen the raper would basically be beaten for weeks or even months and thrown out. there are gays in legion but even they are looked down and won't progress in their legion career. so be mindful if you are gay.

if you are willing to commit it's more than worth it, if you go to 2rep and do all the jumps you can your retirement (after 17 years) is fucking huge. plus it's only the first 4-5 years that are shit, after that you are golden and life is good.

I wear glasses, so I doubt I can get 2rep, but still.

I think I've made up my mind on this.

i retired a few years ago AMA not that anyone will listen...

glasses can be a reason to not take you in, but it depends on the batch you go in. good luck.

Not OP here, but what have you ever seen soldiers raping girls? I just heard that they often go out at night and sometimes get involved in some fighting, even though people seem to respect them

shit

literally the only two things that I'd say we're limiting me are my glasses and the fact that i'm 6'9", but apparently height doesnt matter.
I'm in excellent physical shape, I'm a extremely skilled marksman, and I'm passionate and dedicated, I just need some cause to throw myself into completely.

seriously, legion is part of the french fucking military. you rape anyone and couple of big, brutal military police are going to beat the living shit out of you before you are thrown out. legion have their own brothels that you can use, outside of france, naturally.

you just have to try, no going around it. there are people with glasses in the legion.

also, I am an EMT, with plans on going paramedic, do they care about that?

i really can't say about that, they might. usually medics do get their training in a school in france. and it's really hard to get into that position.

What does AMA mean?
Would you recommend the FFL?
How hard is it to learn French?
>legion have their own brothels that you can use, outside of france, naturally.
Is this true?

i still recommend everyone interested in the legion going to cervens, it's full of old and current legionnaires.

I've been fucking thinking about it aswell..

Very tempted. Very very tempted.

I'm deaf in my left ear and the ADF won't take me. Would the FFL be more lenient?

Yeah I hear they treat their soldiers like scum. They basically send the FFL to the worst and deadliest ops because they simply don't respect them.

they send the legion because 1. they are not french 2. the french army is shit compared to legion. no one gives a shit if couple of foreigners die.

Join the Spanish foreign legion better.

Legio Patria Nostra

I really wanted EU citizenship so I tried to join. It's a shithole, they will fucking use you and there are 20 colonials who will eat shit harder than you and smile because failure is going back to a warzone.

FFL will literally use grunts as cannon fodder no questions asked and broken arms, ribs, and cheeks doled out via corporal punishment is common. Deaths are common. Until you do your 4 years and become a real legionnaire nobody will weep for you. Gone are the days of criminals and adventurers going in. The only nice thing is that the FFL has a low acceptance rate so there its easy to get out in basic no questions asked.

If you ever wanted to drown on an exercise next to an Angolan former child soldier, them's your guys.

deaths are uncommon and since it being PART OF THE FRENCH FUCKING MILITARY everything is reported. someone dies and it happened becase of "corporal punishment" or other shit, the people responsible go to trial and jail. fucking idiot.

OP you're a faggot with no military experience. I guarantee you can't hack it.

theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/17/french-foreign-legion-soldiers-trial-recruit-death

Literally first Google. How about all the FFL killed in the Alps recently because the officer didnt want to "look like a pussy" and return early.

You are fucking loony if you think FFL is anywhere close to normal EU military standards.

yeah, and like the first url says, the people responsible are in court and after that thrown out of legion. it's in no way accepted or anything. people die also in training. like the alps thing, in every military. sometimes shit happens that you can't control, like a fucking avalanche.

Did you copy that from wikipedia verbatim.

Is the drugs thing real?

legion is a hard place and the old ways of the legion still show sometimes, but people who go in should know that. i remember from my first year when one mate didn't shave his beard one morning, the commandin officer burnt it with a lighter. he shaved every morning after that. make no mistake, it's a brutal place to be.

yes, do not say anything about drugs or if you've been depressed. you won't get in.

>Lot's of it's history, songs and training are coming from ex-SS who came after WW2.

>Wear the same uniform, sing the same songs that Nazis once wore and sang.

Fuckk that gets me hard where do I sign.

I bet it was mussies that ruined it. They ruin everything.

No, it isn't.

I cant think of any other professional nonbatshit military that thinks doing exercises in underwear is aokay. Im not saying the legion casually murders its own guys but they take larger than normal amounts of risks with anyone on their first contract, along with some crazy shit. No bank accounts except legion accounts, no cellphones...