Ride my surfboard regular

>ride my surfboard regular
>riding my longboard mongo (fucking done with that shit)
I'm new to skateboarding and I'm trying to figure out my stance

i feel more comfortable/balanced pushing goofy, but easier to turn and shit regular

>what should i do

Other urls found in this thread:

alternativelongboards.com/product/junko/?v=7516fd43adaa
youtube.com/user/sprocker7
youtu.be/KRK0w8P-qy4
youtu.be/clBtEd631i0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump this shit by the way im confused as fuck

Fugg thats what happens to me i push perfect goofy but i suck ass at placing my back foot on the board but i turn easier regular but i suck ass at pushing regular, im an experianced skate boarder i started when i was 16 and am now 23 still shreding i cant ride or pop any tricks riding switch so i push mongo and pop tricks regular im currently practicing to push regular, its hard as fuck but im getting better at it

Same fag here, op what do you prefer to pop your board with left foot or right foot?

bruh im turning 23 like next week, and I haven't popped i literally bought a skateboard yesterday, but ive been riding longboards/surfing for about 6 years now

>now that i think of it though
i think it would be easier for me to pop the board with my left foot

Then push goofy, just practice turning slowly and ride on streets and turn corners so you get more familiar with turning and shit

What ever you do DON'T push mongo on a skateboard its a bad habit and hard to get out of it it took me almost 8 years to stop mongo pushing and im still working on it now

learn em both, it'll be helpful later on for landing switch.

just choose the one you like to cruise with the most

lmao, imma bout to eat shit all over this city, but thanks man
FUCK MONGO, im not about to get into that shit on a skateboard, i wanna be
>styley
i guess ill stick with goofy for now and work on my turning

but out of curiosity too, my right foot is definitely stronger, i feel more balanced/in control of the board goofy, i guess because i rode mongo for so long, so goofy it is right ?

Diffrent fag here, because ive been pushing mong for 7 years my right foot is better at balance but im shit when it comes to riding goofy,turning,poping the board thats why its hard for me to push regular because my left foot isnt used to being on the board so i have to force my self into pushing regular

Used to skate back in the day, I was decent had all the basic tricks down. I got in a car wreck and busted my legs up pretty bad, after getting the casts off I started skating again but had to push mongo because my shit was still fucked up. Stopped skating when I went in the military. Fast forward to now my daughter wanted to learn to skate so I got us both decks and started showing her the basics and I have a bad habit of still wanting to push mongo. I can push with either foot but I get more speed mongo, my back ankle doesn't have full range of motion so it's harder to get a good push. I can still do most of the basic shit but lost my kickflip and switch is no good at all.

shit same story, except i guess ill be keeping my right foot on the board riding goofy, because i feel more in control

My name is Aaron Kyro, and I'm a professional skateboarder from the San Francisco bay area.

I watch him sometimes he's a really good skater because his name is arron kyro and he's a sponcored professional skate boarder from the sanfransisco bay area

most of his videos are pretty entertaining

Stand still. Take one step forward, your first foot is your front foot on the board.

regular dude

Why the fuck do you think it's called regular?

You know you're in Sup Forums with a bunch of 12 year olds when people start appreciating him

Choose a stance, either regular or goofy. You should probably choose goofy bc if you can balance better then learning to turn should be easyish. Just get confident enough to cruise around and then do a lot of that. Then learn ollies, pop shuvits etc

Goofy is all good G. Or reg.

But never mongo.

If you persist and get into the culture then it's likely you will learn both eventually. But do whatever feels comfortable unless it's fucking mongo.

I really want to see Gabe and Lance having hardcore anal.

Hey OP, I surf and do downhill longboarding. Mongo pushing is good for downhill, ask me if you wanna know why, it takes a bit to explain. What I'll normally do is push switch, which makes my pushing normal and not mongo, when I ride around town to avoid being made fun of for being mongo

wow dude. I've never actually seen somebody wear down some wheels like that

Yeah I've gone through many. Doing big slides

what the fuck dude? is that like 200?

what kind of bearings do you use?
lemme guess, ceramics?

Dollars? Yeah close. I got a set from a friend, and 2 other ones were Christmas presents

If you're gonna do tricks go regular, if you won't it doesn't matter.

Nope only zealous. $13 and last forever, and I've smoked people on ceramics

this

Speak proper english you airhead.

Agreed

abec #?

Honestly people should never need ceramics

Abec doesnt matter its how you take care of your bearings

mongo when switch is only acceptable mongo. and its definitely less stable to push mongo. just learn to push with your right foot and consider your preference to left foot pushing an advantage to skating switch.
>i hate filming lines with mongo switch pushes

I recommend you stay on goofy.
I think the turning will become no problem in some weeks

What state are you from?

The stash

They don't give a rating for zealous, but for comparison, I've ridden Abec 7 and bone redz and I prefer them a lot more

I ride zealous too actually, gr8 bearings

Zealous master race

What kind of longboard do you ride?

I have a board from a polish company called Alternative boards, it's 42.5" I think. Website: alternativelongboards.com/product/junko/?v=7516fd43adaa

I have it set on some Paris v2 trucks with some butterballs and the zealous. I forget the grip tape but it's fucking rough and really thick. Got it about 3 years ago, havent ridden in a while though. BTW I'm sure I have a very specific board so if anybody here that longboards recognizes it, you know who it is.

It's vicious griptape

Good shit, do you go through wheels very often?

I'll throw you some walmart board bearings and see how you like them then. Shut the fuck up.

I have always pushed goofy. In my opinion you won't need to change your stance unless you are planning on going pro. I would just keep going like you are, I think being comfortable is more important

Paris are so damn good. I used to only ride calibers but then I swapped

Not often. It took me about 6 months to kill off some tracers, but in my defense I was swapping between 3 sets of wheels

>ITT: Dongboarders and mongo pushers
>ITT: Wrongboarders and mongoloid pushers
>ITT: Faggots on land surf boards and kooks
>ITT: Kids who think they're cool for ruining wheels and kids who think it's cool to have scratches on the bottom of their board

Sorry guys, I'm out.

I have a friend that rode paris, then calibers and now precisions. HOLY shit those precisons are good.

(you)

I might get aeras soon

Haven't heard of those, will check them out

What's the quickest you've cored a wheel?

Their stuff is amazing, this isn't my longboard, only to show off the trucks

Digging the color scheme on that though

4 sessions. Vault fibreflexes

>friends all go to college way out of town
>be me
>piece of shit never going to amount to anything, go hangout a weekend with them in their dorms
>some of them skate so we went to the skatepark
>meet some lads that let me crash at their dorms
>super cool focused dudes who like being around me
>been couch surfing and skating everyday for the past 2 months and gained a small reputation around campus and I don't even go there

Most people call me that skater guy when I go to parties or "that homeless dude I hear about"

Damn

Yeah. I just killed them yesterday. My friend ate shit and cut her leg up bad

Whats wrong with Aaron?

In my opinion, he's like the equivalent of an Instagram page that posts stuff about Sup Forums. The Instagram kids, normal kids in real life, try to enter Sup Forums, in this case skateboarding, and skateparks become packed with newfags, or kids who don't know how to skate

I'm gonna guess the white wheels are "these" wheels, and the bluish ones are hawgs...
Am I right?

Whites are volantes, and yes the blue ones are hawgs

Gullwing sidewinder II's anyone?

They're really fun for carving, wouldn't use them for fast riding though

They're super easy to break into slides... Even with these orangatang "in heat"

Yeah they do have a shit ton of lean

i ride spit fires i'm saying abec from real skating companies dont matter if they are some unknown brand its shit ride more bearings enough to know about them so shut the fuck up

Califonia, in L.A.

>ride surfboard goofy
>ride longboard goofy
>ride skateboard goofy
>right handed
I guess my body just liked right

Rate the longboard deck I made m8s?
Not finished, any ideas for trucks for a pintail?

youtube.com/user/sprocker7

try this Scientologist skateboarder faggot out (hes a Scientologist) dont let that discourage you

he provides some pretty simple tips.

i dont skate. i surf. but im thinking about getting a longboard just for pump practicing

no ur just normal faggot

8/10 would skate on looks sick

>op is back
i spent like an hour fucking around with stances, im going to just do regular, and work on pushing, because its so much more comfortable maneuvering the board
>in sf skating at 2 am, fuck the neighbors lmao
i got gullwing sidewinders on my longboard, some nice shit i tell ya
yeah ive been watching em since before

So basically you're 14?

im actually 41

OP is your name liam

youtu.be/KRK0w8P-qy4
Watch it you porch monkey retard

jeff is that you??
>jk
that name is too basic for me, its not liam

Oh alright. There's a really famous Longboarder from the bay named Liam and he just started skating

I find regular is really great for general cruising and tricks. Right now I'm trying to get better at mongo. But I suggest regular

shit teach me how to skate and be cool looks like fuck everything but regular and switch

HOW FUCKING DARE YOU SK8 MONGO, SK8 OR DIE FAGGOTZ S8 OR DIE!

Why are you learning to skate mongo?

youtu.be/clBtEd631i0

I have no idea. Just want to be able to do it. It shouldn't matter to me though because I ride excellent regular already and I've learned to do ollies shove-it's and pop shove-it's but idek

I hate anyone who doesn't use grind kings. Also, quit OP, you sound like you suck.

The heck are grind kings? Some brand of trucks?

>Mongo
Holy shit wot a faggot

this makes alot of sense, his voice and mannerisms are annoying as fuck
i cant quit now, im going to turn to scientology to hlep me be a better sk8r

How is that being a faggot, skating isnt about how you look while you skate, i bet there are mongo pushers that maul grab and are better than you at skating

Its gonna become a bad habit my dude

Yes nigger. Fuk iz wrong wit chu boyyyy?