Find a flaw

Find a flaw
or discuss and have fun

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LjLamj-b0I8
bing.com/videos/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally nothing happens for the first 45 minutes.

did you expect to see the xenomorph in the ship already killing the crew in the first 45 minutes?

Even if you weren't full of shit, it would still be comfy as fuck

Ridley Scott is actively ruining it with prequels

The way the Alien dies in the end looks really goofy and takes away some of the impact of the god-tier Lucky Star moment

Still kino

Aliens>Alien

prove me wrong

so the aliens were an enginereed bio weapon from the things in prometheus?

Cheap action movie vs sci fi kino

[Spoiler]starship troopers is better[/Spoiler]

The cut from this to Ian Holm's head is pretty bad but that is pretty much it.

Really great movie

My major complaint is that the movie drops all the suspense it builds.
When ridley activates the self destruct you're peaked.
Then she makes it to the other ship and you come back down. But oh look, the alien is still there, let's have a cheesy scene where it gets pushed out the airlock.
That kills the entire ending for me.

>Aliens
DUDE QUIPS & MARY SUE LMAO

The sequels have done a lot of damage. Yes even Aliens.

that's not necessarily a bad thing

action movie mary sue vs. classic monster movie with vulnerable heroine

I somewhat agree. I think Aliens is the GOAT action movie, but it sort of wrote the series into a corner. I hope that Blomkamp can unJUST himself for the new one and give us something that isn't DUDE SLUMS IN SPACE LMAO.
Also Alien 1 Ripley is a qt

Should I watch the special edition of this? I've only seen the director's cut of Aliens because I heard it made it better but I heard the opposite for Alien

No.
The added scenes towards the end are goofy, out of character, and ruin the pacing.

Got it. I've only seen Alien and Aliens so far. I'm thinking of watching 3 and 4 just for the hell of it.

Should I watch the director's cut of those? I heard the special cut of 3 makes it a little better

The surprise jazz hands jumpscare in the airduct with dallas always makes me facepalm.

One of my Top Ten favourite movies.

The chestbuster skating across the table is fucking laughable by todays standards though.

There's no reason to watch the director's cut of any of them, in my opinion. 3 is dreadfully long enough as it is. Resurrection isn't much better.

Watch that moment in slo-mo and you can see the fucking bending back and forth.

You'll never unsee it. Your welcome.

No cgi and no quips.

Assembly cut for 3. Director of 4 says the theatrical cut is the one he likes so there's no reason to bother with the fake director's cut.

Alien is literally amazing.
No flaw.

The Alien looks short and wonky when it's the stuntman wearing the suit.

Blomkamp Alien is going to be some totally left field type shit that will piss off the pleb masses. I guarantee it.

I'm excited to see it and wish his movie wasn't getting bumped to make room for Prometheus 2 which is guaranteed to suck. (but look really good doing it)

The assembly cut for Alien 3 is a must, the theatrical version was ruined by the studio cutting out Fincher's stuff.

That would be my sole criticism of the film, really. At the end instead of a fearsome mysterious monster, it's a guy in a rubber suit awkwardly stumbling out.

In the opening scene when everyone's waking up, that dudes schlong is full on framed by cloth, center screen.

I though it was more mysterious looking. It acted almost human-like, whereas in Aliens, it felt more like a wild animal.

That is literally the gayest shit I don't even....

The Aliens should be beyond any origin story with them being almost as old and unknowable as the universe itself.

The fact that they had only been around a couple of hundred years by the first movie is fucking retarded.

>tfw you would have been happy as fuck if there was no alien and would have just been two hours of comfy space trucken
Also in aliens they say that giant fucking mining ship is only tens of millions in worth which I always find amusing.

The biggest flaw Ridley made with Alien is that he never resolved the bonus situation.

The movie starts, and in one of the very first scenes, we hear about issues with the bonus situation, so you know it must have been important. It had me curious right off the bat, and scene after scene came, but they never discussed the bonus situation. I figured that when Kane was in his coma, Scott would have taken that opportunity to finally discuss the bonus situation, but the next thing you know, we get the chestburster scene, and the alien arrives, which was cool and all, but I couldn't help thinking to myself "what about the g'damn bonus situation!?".

Then, one by one, the alien starts killing the crew, and it was at this point that I figured Scott wasn't even going to address the bonus situation, which was fucked up, but I held out and figured that Ridley wouldn't let such an obviously important plot device go unresolved. But no. He did.

When we finally lose Parker and Lambert, I knew we'd never have the answer. The ending was cool with the "lucky star" shit and the ejection from the shuttle, but all I could think about was how I would be left forever wondering about the bonus situation, and why it never got resolved.

I hate Ridley Scott for that to this day.

Right.

Ridley Scott is such a hack

Well, you get what you contracted for like everybody else

>adjusted dollars

They never say whether they are adjusted upward or downward.

In an abstract way, I think Ridley was using the Xenomorph as a visual metaphor for the looming specter of the unresolved bonus situation.

> it's all really a story of how the alien is actually a physical representation of each crew members greed, and the littlemouth death are just representation on how silence on the subject led them to murdering each other
DEEPEST LORE, 100% PURE KINO

Probably one of the best movie posters in history.

Right, but what was everybody contracted for? We're talking about a bonus situation here!

I mean, did the company knowingly send the ship to the planet in order to get the crew infected and killed because they didn't want to pay the bonuses?

Maybe Dallas manipulated the bonus situation, and thought he could cheat the crew by forcing them to investigate the alien craft, and getting them knocked off one by one, but he became a victim of his own plan? Maybe it was Lambert?

I just think that something as important as a bonus situation should be discussed openly and resolved, rather than just dropped and forgotten.

you always post this shit the Alien threads

don't stop m8

One of the best trailers too
youtube.com/watch?v=LjLamj-b0I8
sorry bout the quality

Right.

Alien = pure scikino
Aliens = actionkino disguised as a movie

>it's a faggot who can't even follow a basic plot asks explained questions thread

For the last time: MOTHER, the computer, was programmed by Ash to resolve any and all bonus situations. The crew isn't actually on a mining mission, it is merely a distraction to get the only known humans with an inclination towards creating bonus situations in one place. Once they are aboard, MOTHER drives the crew to the "alien" planet pre-established by the Earth government with fake data. Ash lets the human-created Alien on board to kill everyone after MOTHER instructs him to.

>it's a stay up all night on an Alien thread episode

Yeah but what about Alien 3?

kino disguised as a shit movie

There's a thing called character development. It's rare to see these days, so I understand if you're not familiar with it.

Right, see?

That's kind of important, and yet by failing to properly give the bonus situation the attention it deserves, Scott creates a huge plot hole in what would otherwise be a perfect film.

>used the words BONUS SITUATION seven times

fucking bravo

I'd skip "The Deer Hunter" then

that quick ripley ass close up
very sneaky
very nice

" you wake up in the middle of the night soaking wet"
burke was the GOAT of the series

Ridley was an absolute madman

How can human men even compete?

why was there never an alien sex scene :(

Funfact: an early treatment for Alien II before Cameron took over was that Xenomorp surviving getting blasted by the ships engine

U MAD?

>you will never see this AYYED

Trust me, there's been plenty made...

When the Alien is tumbling around the exterior of the escape ship. Ash's replica dummy. All i can think of.

like..............

bing.com/videos/

yes, very.

I canĀ“t fucking believe the last time I visited one of this threads, people was discussing what kind of feet Xenos had.

But I love that

jesus she was such a QT. shes still beautiful, but my god, she was so damn cute looking then.

scene is still creepy as fuck tho

It isn't scary

They removed that scene with Dallas turning into an egg.
Dumb.

Maybe

>hundred years by the first movie is fucking retarded.
Actually it's a couple thousand....at the least.

we cinematic universe now

can't wait for aliens vs predator vs avatar

When will this "le ebin cinematic universe" meme fucking die, it's just a super thinly veiled cash grab
Not everything needs 20 sequels in 8 years

The only problem I had it the scene was put too late in the story in the middle of the countdown. It should have placed earlier and motivate Ripley to activate the ships self destruct. The escalation of the threat if it ever got to Earth.

What would your job on the ship be, Sup Forums?
>bottom feeder
At least I get to shoot the shit with Parker and Brett

Never noticed how fucking comfy things were till MOTHER sent the crew to their doom. What a bitch.

>Sys-Admin

Everyone would blame me for Ash losing his goddamn mind

Stop watching movies please

>Average rating 9 for both
>100 reviews vs. 61

Not really

>not wanting 20 alien sequels in 8 years

My favorite film, I have a little Japanese flyer of Alien if anyone wants to see.

I'll trade you some rare Ripleys

45 minutes of cosines and enjoying the ambiance and the characters in a chunky sci-fi ship is pretty good user

I would be the chief accountant and paymaster.

I'd make sure any docking fees, licenses, and logistics accounts would be paid as needed, and I'd handle crew payroll, and if there was something like, say, a bonus situation, I'd make sure it was properly discussed so that every crew member knew exactly what the bonus situation was, and what a "full share" meant, and who would be entitle to these shares.

God bless you bonusposters

I re-watch it whenever I get the chance.

Every time

Incredible

OUT NOW

Why is there a shadow when Dallas looks up the vent at 0:04

Why does the reader say the Alien is on the same level as Dallas, but when he decends a floor, the AYY is there?

When he starts climbing down, he doesnt have the flamethrower or flashlight on his person nor is it seen anywhere in the shot. What happened? Mistake?

I think Dallas and Ash were both well aware of the REAL bonus situation, and Parker found out before they went into cryo-sleep on the way home, confronted Dallas about it, and was told by Dallas that they'd discuss the bonus situation as soon as they woke up for the Earth re-entry leg of the trip back home.

However, what Parker didn't count on, was Weyland-Yutani having access to a Xenomorph moon that they kept on hand to remove employees that proved to be problematic, or that found out about the bonus situation. Dallas told Ash to reprogram Mother to take the ship to the Xeno moon, and he was going to use the Xeno get rid of Parker, and Brett too, since he knew Parker would tell him about the bonus situation, and anybody else that knew. But he fucked up handling the xeno, and got himself killed in the process.

In Aliens, the company didn't know if Dallas told Ripley about the bonus situation, as they couldn't find any data in the shuttle, and they couldn't extract it from her through interrogation. Without them knowing whether or not Ripley was fully made aware of the bonus situation, they had no choice but to colonize the xeno moon, and use that as an excuse to send space Marines to "save" them, with Ripley along as an "adviser". She was never meant to come back. Nobody was, and the information about the bonus situation, if she knew about it, was supposed to have died with her on that xeno moon.

slow pace
only one alien
boring charcters
stupid twist with the android

aliens was better in everyway and alien could have just been a 5 minute narrative before aliens

It's not in my contract to go to but I'll be happy to do it if you pay me