If you were born in the 19th century what would your profession be?

If you were born in the 19th century what would your profession be?

Niggerwrangler

Hitman

/thread

Dead

Town rapist

Corn Law repeal agitator, Chartist sympathiser. Maybe tutor rich people's kids to earn a living.

Bounty Hunter or Explorer

Schweinsteiger. Wait, no – fucking peasant working for noble man. Wait, I still am, only not on the field. Fuck.

Most of you betas would be sold as sex slaves, let's be honest

5'9" was probably tall back then so I'd be a basketball player

blacksmith.

5'9 has never been considered tall you faggot.

A nigga

General criminal.
Mass surveillance made it so only organized crime is profitable.

> general criminal

way to think inside the box of bourgeois legal ideology.

>bourgeois
Every time.
Back then being a criminal meant everything from picking locks to pulling cons it was a lot different than today.
It was also a lot easier to evade capture back then as well as disguise yourself.

It was a great time to just be a criminal in general doing things like heists, break ins, kidnappings, ransoms, blackmail, etc.

I don't care who runs the place I live at that point it doesn't matter.

Invest in the stock market.

I'd probably be a fucked up writer.

Yeah, but 'general criminal' means anyone foul of the law. Which includes anyone involved in organized labour, thinking apart from established religious doctrine, slavery-proponents and abolitionists depending on geography, the unemployed (see you in the workhouse), draft dodgers, critics of monarchy and so on and on.

Having said that, your plan is solid. The opposite, though, might be even sweeter. Even with a pop-cultural level of knowledge of forensics and criminal psychology, you'd be able to make waves in the world of criminology.

Kek

With the powers of deductive reasoning I could become the worlds most renown crime fighter.

Nah m8 fuck that there's more money in the seedy underworld. Plus back then you could be your own boss or join a sick ass guild. Back then guilds were like brotherhoods that looked out for each other and twisted the law to suit their needs.

Yup worlds best thief most definitely.

I'd kill prostitutes just for jokes.

How's grandpa Ripper?

Bredy gud

I would be a moonshiner or a mobster.

Well, your powers of deductive reasoning wouldn't help you at all. Any advances in deductive logic between the nineteenth century and present day are the purview of higher academia - modal logic and all that anglophone jazz.

Also, I was under the impression that the guild system was all but completely collapsed by the nineteenth century, where the corporate model was winning, but with respect to legal and illegal corporations.

Mule Skinner.

I be dat boi

but i was born before 2000, so in the 19th century

One of those bums whos always around but never seems to do anything and whenever I leave a room people say something to the effect of, "That boy aint right."

probably serial killer

dumbass