How do you make money Sup Forums?

How do you make money Sup Forums?

I'm bored of working in the games industry. It's fun but I'm now late 20s and I've had enough of the insecurity of going from contract to contract. Never able to spend money because I don't know how long it's going to be until another contract comes up (perm positions are VERY rare). Problem is it's literally all I've done since leaving uni, I have no experience with anything else.

So what does Sup Forums do for a living? Anyone doing things outside of normie jobs (retail etc)?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Nellis
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sell drugs

Kill a man and steal all of his belongings

game dev/programming

You haven't described any qualifications or education so can we safely assume you're a mouthbreathing QA mongoloid?

What the fuck constitutes a normie job? You do realise people in retail are considered failures and aren't the average right?

I do tarot readings on a little folding table on the street. On an average day I'll make about $40-60 for a 14 hour shift. On my best day I made $200 and on my worst I made $0. I live a life of voluntary simplicity so my needs are small: I have no car, no insurance, no fridge, no stove, and I take sponge baths in the sink because there's no shower. I sleep on an old piece of foam in the bare, unfinished concrete basement of a century-old factory. My only furniture is a chair and a desk, both of which were salvaged from the trash. All my belongings except my computer will fit into a single backpack, and my computer and all the peripherals will fit into a small suitcase. My small pleasures are my pipe and the occasional video game (courtesy of Pirate Bay).

If you're willing to live simply, it's still possible to be free.

How skilled at you in programming? You can work for a maitenience agency, basically when a major buisiness gets their decade old network shit canned they call in your guys to clean things up and make it more secure. Usually pays well theres always work. You can probably start your own if you have enough savvy/connections.

Go join a fucking union like your father and your fathers father and your fathers fathers father.

Unions train you, pay you and usually have your back during tough times.

I'm an Interior Wiring Technician (electrician) and run a handyman service on the side.

GO GET A FUCKING TRADE!

>pipe
>tarot readings
>sleeps on the floor
>homeless
>thinks "freedom" from some imaginary authority has intrinsic value
Holy fuck user, you're killing me. I didn't know it was possible to be a self important hipster bum but you've fucking enlightened me.

Free from what? Living like someone who isn't brain damaged?

Chacun a son gout, anons. If being a hamster on a wheel to acquire physical things which don't make you any happier is your bag, then go at it. My life suits me just fine. On the other hand, you folks sound a little... tense.

Not every shape fits the same box.

Not OP but where I live highschools shill the fuck out of the university meme. If you go anywhere other than uni you're considered a bogan dropkick. But guess who's fucking laughing while I spend four years getting a piece of paper that possibly gets me a graduate job with a lower salary than a tradesman. Almost makes me think the state schools here are run by unions because they know they're onto a good thing and don't want other people catching on.

All of that sounds fucking awful and I schedule a week off work every month to go rough it in Zion.

You sir are a homeless dirty hippy.
Add pseudo intellectual to that list as well.

If you were onto something so grand and life changing you wouldn't be living like you're in a third world country.

Grow the fuck up and go get a job.

This user gets it. I won't be buying ferraris but I'll have a decent paying job, insurance, vacation and be able to afford a nice home

We're laughing at the your whole idea of us being hamsters on a wheel. You know you don't have to live like a hobo to realise the facade of society right? It's your phony zen hermitism that we find hilarious.

I know your feeling user, I'm really considering to do illegal stuff to make some quick money.. I'm 21 and my life just go this way
>wake up early
>running to dont go late to work (don't own a car)
>working all day just to arrive home to sleep because I'm tired af
>wake up in a hurry to going to work again..
>repeat
the worst of it, I don't buy things to me.. barely make some money enough to buy some food, and pay the bus tickets.. I just don't want to live like that.. that's no living is surviving in a society. there was this time when I find a good job in a company, but a fucking Crack head hit me outside of work and ruin my path.. I was making some decent money by then, and life just fuck me and say you won't..
so now I just get tired man.. I swear if someone tell me hey let's go rob something that actually will give me good money I will do it man.. I can't take it anymore.. I don't go in Welfare because I'm not a nigger, but I will be one if I start robing.. if I'm surviving then i should do anything to keep it that way.. the doors are close to me so let's open it illegal

I, sir, am a hobo in the finest tradition. I am a card-carrying Wobbly, a radical union organizer, and help keep the hobo traditions alive. There was a time during the Great Depression that so many hobos were members of the IWW that if you tried to hop a train, the hobos would demand to see your union card and pitch you right back off if you couldn't produce one.

Currently I am renovating this building with my own hands to turn it into a sort of hobo museum and cultural centre. Buskers, artisans, scrappers, and panhandlers offer free training in the traditional hobo arts to anyone who cares to learn. It's a fine life.

Nursefag here fairly normal job plus i work for w nurseline on the side

Here's a radical idea. What if you could be a pretentious counter-cultural nihilist AND live in comfort. Actual intellectuals realise the pointlessness of the system but still play it to their advantage because money can't buy happiness but living in a warm, safe, rodent-free house in an actual bed with safe water and internet is pretty nice. You can have that and then eschew other physical things.

>iww
nothing but fake anarchist faggots from the suburbs. i hope skinheads kill you, then cops kill them then blm kills them then we kill blm. walking garbage, the whole lot of you.

OK now I'm sure he's just trolling us. Well played user.

Don't fall for the Uni. meme if you already have a trade.
>Mechanic
>Plumber
>Carpenter
>Etc.

Unions want more people because we need men who are willing to work hard and get paid well for their work. They're even willing to train you and send you to their school on their dime.

The IBEW is the electrical union I'm not sure for any other line of work but Google it.

Trust me being a tradesman isn't glamorous but it will take you from trailer trash to middle class without kicking you out on your ass.
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

>go get a jerb
Aren't you the one who posted this thread whinging about how having a job is destroying your soul?

Think so? What if I told you that I'm a very well-known anarchist shit-disturber, that there's a Wikipedia article about me, and that I've spent the last 25 years in the media? In fact, just last year I was on the cover of every newspaper in the country for my organizing activities. Seems a union for street workers is pretty interesting to a lot of folks.

And given the amount of rage and hate in this thread, do you really wonder why I'm a little doubtful about how satisfied people are with their rat race life?

IUOE biaaaaaaaaach

You not vermin supreme and trying to be him is sacrilege you worthless piece of shite.

Vermin Supreme is not a union organizer, to my knowledge. I've hosted two radio shows, founded two unions for buskers and panhandlers, and ran for public office. If you're really that doubtful I'll out myself, but my feeling is that if I do, you'll jump all over me and call me an egomaniac.

No I'm a crotchety old man who's kids have all grown up, wife died and sits on cash made from hard work.
I literally have nothing better to do at this hour than tell you to get a fucking job and stop being a hippy. You think it's all fun and games until you're 35 and realize you're squatting on a property you hope to "renovate".
>INB4 squatters rights
Mah nigga.

I grew up in a relatively upper middle class suburb surrounded by other suburbs just like it. Maybe it was just my highschool that was biased because it's filled with privileged shits. Going to TAFE (I think the yanks call them technical colleges or something) here is considered by everyone in my pretty privileged university to be like resigning yourself to a lower class life. They don't seem to know the difference between a skilled tradesman and some schmuck who digs ditches for a living. I should come out alright since I'm in a very good degree but fucking Arts and Humanities students have hilariously inflated opinions of themselves considered they'll be flipping burgers for the rest of their lives.

I sell drugs, lot of them. Make good money and live the way I feel like.

I'd saying you're either trolling or the most narcissistic person I've ever heard. So I'm hoping you're trolling.

I'm staring down the barrel of 50, user. Being free isn't a "phase." All my life people kept telling me that I would give in, that I'd hang up my beard and "get a real jerb." Never did. Never will. I'll die as I've lived: free.

>art and humanities major
My fucking sides.

Trust me champ go hook up with the union you think is right. If you know a little bit of carpentry they'll teach you everything you need to know.
Whatever you've been taught to do for a trade go chase it.
Don't follow your dreams. Just because you're passionate about something doesn't mean you're good at it.

So what you're really saying is that you've constructed a mental evasion structure such that no matter what I say or do, you will have a way to dismiss everything I say. Can you see how that might be unhealthy? That you might not be as content as you claim to be? For what it's worth, I think some time letting go and just floating might do you some good. Get rid of your "things," buy a backpack and a tent, and just hit the road with your thumb out. My life isn't comfortable or safe, but it's challenging and it gives me a sense of satisfaction you seem to lack. Could do worse, user.

Pic related: Me. If you're really that paranoid about me trolling, you should be able to check my cred from that.

Andrew Nellis is that you?

>I'm 50 and I'm still homeless because I refuse to conform to your labels and shit man
>you ain't free MAN
>you're just a square MAN
>IT'S NOT A PHASE MOM!!!

You're pathetic and will die alone with no legacy. If you're really 50 you're seriously pathetic and now I'm worried I've given you change before. Most people your age tend to have jobs, families and are concerned about the legacy they will leave.
Your legacy.
>Piss stained pants
>Table made of garbage
>B-but I'm free MAN

You live under a different kind of oppression. The idea that you have to be an "individual" to be happy. Guess what sunshine your life has been lived like a million times before and they all ended the same.
Why the fuck do you think people don't do what you do?
Because it's insane. Your chances of death every single day skyrocket just doing normal things.

If this is a troll well done.
If not you disgust me and you're more pathetic than any amount of weaboo faggotry.

That's me!

FEDORA
BEARD
PIPE
SELF IMPORTANT ASSHOLE
I refuse to believe you're real. I just can't reconcile that amount of pure comedy gold in the universe. Do you distort spacetime in your location?

>woman detected

>>>>>Anarchist symbol on the helmet
No I'm done guys, I'm done. I can't handle it. I'm fucking out I'm sorry.

>your life has been lived like a million times before
Do you even Diogenes of Sinope? Based Diogenes paved the way for those who gave no fucks at all what others thought of him. And the legacy I will live behind me is a lifetime of adventure, spiritual growth, and all the many, many lives I've touched by being unafraid to follow my Tao.

Still remember the "guess who I am" thread. Lol :^)

Have we witnessed a masterclass in trolling my friends? Or have we just being arguing with a dirty gypsy all night long? That we may never know is one of the beautiful mysteries of the universe.

i feel like this is a child

>Mad he has a babyface

Kek.

>Diogenes masturbating in public
>I wish it was this easy to get rid of hunger

My money is on a grand artist troll

I'm not easily forgettable, that's for sure. I like to come here and freak out the squares by not worrying about their peer pressure. Most of the kids here have spent their whole lives trapped in a cossetted suburban bubble where conformity and the ability to blend into a crowd are survival traits. I like to think I'm a spiritual depth charge into the lives, and that now and then a seed might find a crevice of doubt where it can grow.

definitely a troll

>being a hobo makes me cool
>others will totally dig on my legacies idea
>fuck if I have children to continue my lineage I have a table made of garbage
>who needs a hot shower when you have your favorite pair of yellow underpants (originally white)
>I'm rich in ADVENTURE!
>I've touched so many people that will remember me for my crazy backward ass ideology even though they'll really remember I smelled like piss constantly
>There is literally no reason for anyone to remember anything about me therefore I have no legacy
>I'M FUCKING 50 AND STILL A HOBO

Please teach us your ancient troll ways master

Wow edgy as fuck

anarchy is a fag.

I paint walls

I've very real, I'm afraid. I'm curious why you think it's so impossible for me to be me.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Nellis

Well, in the old days we took pride in our trolling skills. We'd spend days or even weeks insinuating ourselves into some Usenet or Fido newsgroup, playing the long game to set up all the dominos to fall all at once in one perfect, zen-like moment of detournement. We were always cognizent of our responsibility as trolls to be entertaining and to provide some teachable moments as recompense for the havoc we wreaked.

Trolling is an art. Shitposting a banana is not.

>I'm not easily forgettable, that's for sure.

I don't know - if you were at a metal gig, all those other sad gay wankstains with beards and beer-bellies would serve as camoflage.

You've certainly made a crevice into my sides

Because nobody can be egotistical enough to have an artists rendition of themself and not explode from the pent up desire to suck their own dick. Ipso facto, you sir are a LIE. A LIE.

Tits or gtfo

If no tits, kill self

Read this closely hippy moron.

I drew that myself, actually, although I could post a painting of me by someone else if you really want me to. By the way, I predicted this way up the thread: folks would call me a liar, and then when I proved I wasn't a liar, they'd call me an egomaniac. It's the go-to evasion structure for kids around here to avoid having to see something which doesn't easily fit into the schema they've constructed for interpreting the world. The world is larger and stranger than you folks give it credit.

The expression of superiority in that dudes face is priceless.

Gr8 b8 m8

Prob best bet but rape him 1st

Timestamped pic faggot, prove it. I want you to shatter my suburban bubble or whatever with your existence. If you aren't a troll, people have being calling you an egomaniac pseudo-intellectual from the beginning pal. The claims of trolling came when you overplayed your hand on the ego front.

How can we get in touch?

Call me. You already have my name. I'm in the book. I'm sitting right by the phone. As I've already mentioned, I live a life of voluntary simplicity; I don't own a cellphone, so I can't take a "selfie." Actually, I've never even used a cellphone. (If you're curious why, I recommend Neil Postman's _Amusing Ourselves to Death_.)

Well anonfriend, you could always give me a call. Or you could come down to the union hall, the Utah Phillips Centre for the Hobo Arts. We're in Windsor, 15 minutes across the bridge from downtown Detroit. If any of you live in the Michigan area, I'd be happy to bring an extra pipe and we can sit in the park and smoke together.

>implying there isn't a million fucking Andrew Nellises out there
What's your number dude

There's only one Andrew Nellis in Windsor with an address which matches the Utah Phillips Centre for the Hobo Arts. I'm not going to dox myself in here and have a fucking SWAT team busting in the doors.

>games industry
Post your work

Don't go anywhere, I'm making a discord

In home care nurse here. Right now I'm with a guy post op. I guess I had no friends to take care of him. On one hand, I have to basically stay in the same room at all times and spoon feed him while he talks about how he should shoot up the hospital... on the other hand I got to take a few of his oxy's

>SLOW

Kek
First time I'm hearing this hobo arts lol

discord {{{[DOT}}}} gg/G453R

I don't have a microphone. Is there some kind of text-to-voice thing? I'm on DALnet. You could just join #ChristianDebateSucks. I'm there under the user name PoisonPen. Or just CALL me. I don't even have caller ID.

He, or someone named PoisonPen is in the discord fellas

That's me! Come tell me what a big bullshitter I am.

I do phone sales, made 22k so far this year. Not great but as a felon at 23 it works.
No experience needed

HE'S REAL

I feel like the Cloverfield monster.