National Anthem Contest

I'm wired and my date ended up too wasted to fuck so I figured I'd do a national anthem contest. I've done this before on Sup Forums but I've never done it in Sup Forums so I'd like to see how they match.

Here's an archived example of how this has gone before

yuki.la/int/59337213

Basically, your favourite national anthem gets 3pts, 2nd fav gets 2, 3rd fav gets 1.

I'll begin

1. Brazil
2. Russia
3. France

>Scoreboard
3 Brazil
2 Russia
1 France

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ToAl89uzA_4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

National anthems are too mainstream for Sup Forumstants. This thread will die within half an hour.

1. Germany
2. Russia
3. USA

Yeah, I figured. Thanks anyway.

>Scoreboard
4 Russia
3 Brazil
3 Germany
1 France
1 USA

1. Germany
2. USSR (otherwise, Russia)
3. France

France
Bulgaria
Poland

Cheers guys

>Scoreboard
6 Germany
6 Russia
5 France
3 Brazil
1 Bulgaria
1 Poland
1 USA

Curiosity bump

Radiohead

You just put God Save The Queen on a par with Brazil's anthem and above Star Spangled Banner.

I hope you're proud.

Cunt.

>Scoreboard
6 Germany
6 Russia
5 France
3 Brazil
3 UK
1 Bulgaria
1 Poland
1 USA

France
USA
Poland

UK here, ours is fucking shit. Republics have great jolly proud anthems.

Agreed. Out of interest, is there any beef between yourself and France? After all, by contemporary interpretations, the lyrics of France's anthem calls for your blood.

>Scoreboard
8 France
6 Germany
6 Russia
3 Brazil
3 UK
3 USA
2 Poland
1 Bulgaria

Just banter innit. Like singing the German bombers song.

The thugs actually fighting at matches though are scum.

I genuinely felt sorry for the English fans at the Euros.

>The UK government took the passports from the hardened hooligans.
>The only England fans in Marseilles were boring dads.
>Russia sends literal fighters with pipes, gloves and mouthguards.
>Marseilles local thugs also come out in force.
>Local police attack the England fans to be on the safe side.

That was fucking awful to watch, I genuinely hope you don't qualify for 2018.

It will get sorted soon enough

Hooliganism has been totally wiped domestically via a zero tolerance approach (it was a major problem in the 70/80s). As more countries do the same we won't have this shit anymore

1.) France
2.) USSR
3.) USA

That's my point. The English police got their shit well and truly together. Hence the English Hooligan being a museum piece.

The rest of Europe (with the exception of Germany - Germany is the gold standard) lags behind and the further east you go, the worse it gets. (I live east of Budapest at the moment).

If England fans go to Russia, there will be deaths. I'm not even joking.

England fans were made famous by Heysel. They flared up a bit at France 98 but they've been, by comparison, good as gold ever since. That doesn't stop them from being the number one scalp in the eyes of the hardened ultras.

Thank you.

>Scoreboard
11 France
8 Russia
6 Germany
4 USA
3 Brazil
3 UK
2 Poland
1 Bulgaria

Ehh the Russian police are effectively a military, trouble can be resolved very quickly if people even dare.

I'm more interested in how they handle this Qatar WC. Eastern Europeans not allowed to drink, no fucking chace.

>Russian police are effectively a military

True.

However, you are conflating their moral standards to that of the UK police.

You know how you have an IPCC? They don't have that in Russia.

You recall how the French police let the England fans get battered in Marseilles? Russian police will be even more selectively competent.

You remember how well trained those Russian hooligans were in France? Don't be surprised when you hear what they do for a day job.

I'm not telling you this to denigrate the English or big-up the Russians. The Russians think differently to you and if an England fan goes there, there's a chance he won't come back.

1. Pakistan (yup it's pretty great)
2. USA
3. Russia

That's a new one...

>Scoreboard
11 France
9 Russia
6 Germany
6 USA
3 Brazil
3 Pakistan
3 UK
2 Poland
1 Bulgaria

Not to say we haven't tightened up that rubbish, but Brits will inherently get drunk and fight foreigners and some remaining firm members will have got in France too. I don't think we were completely innocent. There was a bit of ambivalence from the French police as to what to do.

One thing is for sure, we'll qualify and fans will go there. Whether the UK government will outline certain restrictions or not I don't know. As long as there aren't organised brawls everything is fine, we had a World Cup in Brazil just fine after all (aside from a pundit getting mugged lel)

Of course you weren't *completely* innocent. Even bored dad's get gobby sometimes and enough of them together will form a resistance.

However, you have to consider the following.

>The hardest English hooligans weren't there
>The only trouble happened in Marseilles where there were
>a) Marseilles hooligans
>b) Russian hooligans
>There wasn't a modicum of bother against Wales
>There wasn't a modicum of bother against Slovakia

Literally zero arrests in the latter two games. Had England's first game been against, say, Sweden in Lens, there probably wouldn't have been any trouble there either.

I will call out shit when I see it. In the past, England fans were a huge fucking pain. But the new breed of England fans is a whimper.

I hope for the sake of your innocent fans (which will form the majority), your government sends trained and hardened hooligans. Otherwise there will be tragedy.

(I hope you're joking about this because you're not planning on going)

>your government sends trained and hardened hooligans

Most are locked up. Firms were organised criminal gangs as well as rough and ready chavs. Maybe you're right, people will get seriously hurt (the loudmouths drinking anyway). All the middle class goers will be far off sightseeing.

Let's just hope the Russian police take control of the risk fairly and securely. Honestly I don't think the trouble will be too bad, maybe some flares and threats. Few punches. Worst comes to worst people aren't generally killed in these "conflicts".

>Let's just hope the Russian police take control of the risk fairly and securely.

Let's.

I suggested that your thugs be sent as a frontline/human shield to protect the rest of the fans. The middle class fans... either they remain inside their hotel rooms their entire stay or hope that the Russian hooligans can differentiate between Cockney and Home County.

On an unrelated matter, what sanctions were imposed on the Turkish FA by UEFA after those two Leeds United fans (proven not to be hooligans) were stabbed to death in Istanbul? They didn't allow the Champions League final to be hosted there three years later did they?

Oh... Well FIFA isn't half as corrupt as UEFA

Kazakhstan
USSR
USA

The modern Russian anthem is honestly overrated.

Link related is much superior, had commies lost the Civil War it would have been Russia's new anthem.

youtube.com/watch?v=ToAl89uzA_4

>Scoreboard
11 France
11 USSR
7 USA
6 Germany
3 Brazil
3 Kazakhstan
3 Pakistan
3 UK
2 Poland
1 Bulgaria

*From here, all votes for Russia will be counted towards USSR rather than vice versa

Don't know actually, don't imagine a lot aside from extra precautions/empty games. UEFA don't seem to care about fans who come from shithole nations, see Serbia v Albania extreme violence which was just a fine iirc.

You'd think they'd have a zero tolerance approach after the Heysel disaster right? Apparently not. FIFA and UEFA are corrupt to the core and have despised England and Germany for decades. Germany only get away with it because their team is superb.

Serbia got docked three points but yeah, they should have been chucked out. When you have known hooligans being allowed to run onto the pitch to punch men who are there to play football...

It's shit how English clubs are treated but I have to question why you compare them to German clubs.

German clubs have little to no fan violence either recently or historically. The way they do football over there is something to behold. It is highly passionate but without the undertones of violence.

In fact, if you haven't been to a Bundesliga game before, I recommend you attend one.

>It's shit how English clubs are treated but I have to question why you compare them to German clubs.

I'm not, just saying the world and europe football organisations do not like Germany, never have done. Probably see them as a threat as they've never been involved in corruption like other nations. Same as England and several others, we're outsiders.

I'd burn all that shit down to the ground and let the Germans singlehandedly run world football in a heartbeat.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. My mistake, I was too involved with my worry for England fans in Russia.

If you do not mind me asking, which team do you support?

Have you ever or do you intend to attend(ed) a Bundesliga game?

Arsenal, I actually went to the Allianz to watch us get twatted 5-1.

Saw a Cologne game years ago too.

I have heard that Highbury was a wonderfully quintessential English stadium that held the heart of London... But Emirates... not so much :/

How did you enjoy the Allianz? And indeed Koln? Two very different stadiums and games.

I was a teenager during the Highbury years so I don't remember much, but it was an atmospheric famous stadium with dedicated fan ends. We had some godlike players there though. The Emirates looks fucking incredible, but it is indeed a soulless shell.

Allianz is how a stadium should be built, just like The Nou Camp, totally centred around the fans and not corporate boxes shadowing over every row. Cologne had a great atmosphere, found it hard to enjoy though since your summers are bloody boiling and it was like August.

1) Russia
2) USA