I didn't see a Star Trek thread so get in here

I didn't see a Star Trek thread so get in here.

Let's talk about any confirmed ideas for Trek 2017..any speculation.

Ooo! What about the Cap-tain, huh? That's right, get in here Trekkies!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gg6AsKsPH24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i love niggers

>I didn't see a Star Trek thread
There are currently seven

Wow, can't believe I missed that many.
Mine at least discusses the new series.
Please leave.

I hope it is good. Definitely looking forward to it.

I will definitely pay for the All-Access as $6.95 a month is nothing for new Star Trek.
They will probably do a lot of retconing and stay near enough to past storylines in the beginning.
After that if they get good ratings I expect they may take some chances in terms of where to go next with the series.

I cant wait to work on it....

This is literal shilling

It's going to be shit

Just look at the X-Files reboot

I will pay for it too. I can't wait for new Star Trek.

Do we know anything about the time-era or plot-arc that the new series takes place in yet?

Yes.

Well what time era does it take place in?

Sometime after ENT, that's all we know for sure.
The rumour mill has been spinning some time after UC.

Probably after Nemesis - easier to stay within an established universe.

I really hope they don't radically change the setting. Tone? Sure. But don't have them flying around different galaxies or be timecops.

Rumor has the series taking place after The Undiscovered Country but before TNG. It's also rumored to be an anthology series, with later seasons potentially featuring different crews in different time periods.

I'm pretty sure that there's no official word yet, people are just taking their favorite rumors and running with them.

could be interesting

Wonder who the bbgs will be. Romulans maby?

The Romulans were pretty isolationist before TNG. It'd be difficult to make a series out of it.

Didn't they intend to make a season about them in Enterprise?

Between ENT and TOS they were isolationists. Nobody in the Federation knew what they even looked like until TOS.

Between TOS and TNG they were isolationists. Nobody had heard from them in decades until TNG.

The less we see of them pre-TNG, the better.

>paying for TV

All I know is Bryan Fuller is behind it and he sort of wants a older black lady as crew leader.

Well Bryan Fuller is responsible for some of the best episodes of Star Trek: Voyager, so his involvement is not a bad thing.

>Let's talk about any confirmed ideas for Trek 2017..any speculation

Shitty pajamas costume for sure

Don't ya'll niggahs be teleportin' on my ship and shit

Is that what Nicholas Meyer means to you?

I'm guessing he'll try to hire Angella Bassett.

>Angella Bassett
As long as it isn't fucking Viola Davis or something.

That and cardboard.

So I wanna get into Star Trek. What do I start with? Should I watch the 60s first or pass on it immediately and go to TNG first?

>Should I watch the 60s first
Yes.

>go to TNG
Later.

And then DS9.

Then Voyager and Enterprise?

>Enterprise
Yes.

Since social allegory is a large part of what makes Star Trek, Star Trek I have slight concerns that in contrast to things like segregation, nuclear war, and the other real issues of the past that other Star Treks dealt with, a new one will try to do the same with modern piddling SJW problems like making the big bad guy "The Manspreadian Empire" or some other nonsense.

>it's an Alien of the Week episode
>planet is a dystopian nightmare
>run by brutal authoritarian feminazis
>the Hambeastarchy maintains control by accusing all political opponents of rape
>the crew has to redpill an entire planet about false rape statistics

*sigh* that would be amazing. If only they can get some good subversive sci-fi writers like the old days. Any word on who's on the writing staff yet?

Pretty Sure Earth had a flippin' war with them between ENT and TOS that Archer was a part of. Sure, humans never really got to see what the Romulans looked like, but it was a pretty major event.

Of course, since it was in Archer's time, they would have to either get Scott Bakula and at least some of the old ENT gang back (not likely), or they'd have to focus on another ship and crew.

It'd be great to finally see the NX-01 retrofit they had planned for Enterprise but rumors so far have been that it'll take place between ST:VI and TNG

I will just watch it for free I will not pay a penny for star trek

>doesn't own hardcopies of TOS, TAS, TNG or DS9

have fun trying to remember Star Trek when working two jobs to pay off your piracy fines.

>It's a "Quark's mother destroys Ferengenar with her vagina" episode

not that user, but I freeload on my sister's netflix

I can't afford to buy CBS all access for one show.

It's already on Netflix.

A new Ferengenar for a new generation m'boy. Allowing females to have money doubles the potential for profits heheh heh

but seriously have you ever been to a mall? 80% of the stores are women's clothing. They keep the economy going.

Ah they took TNG off Netflix here in Canada a few months ago and none of the other series were ever on it here. Sucks for everyone else here who doesn't own it like me.

What about those other hit shows like... uh..

NCIS and Many Spin-offs

Sherlock Holmes and Lucy Lu

Fat and Fatter!

Rush Hour without Jackie Chan

Supergir- nevermind, Cancelled.

Odd Couple Remake

Hawaii Five-O remake

And everyone's favorite, Bazinga

bazinga is on CBS?

better sign up then. I wouldn't want my mother to die

because putting on that show makes it feel like her autistic son is spending time with her?

I think we're more likely to get episodes on how the federation should take in a backwards pre-warp civilisation because the prime directive is racist and they're all warp engineers anyway and gibmedat fiki fiki

What is the armament of the lollipop?

List of things they can't yet sure in the future

plasma burns
severed spinal columns
obesity
baldness
acne scars

How about a base under the sea? Oceans are the space of our planet

Would you put your brain into a Soongian Android body? You'll have the strength of NINE GORILLAS!

haha but really SeaQuest already did the concept of Star Trek but underwater.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gg6AsKsPH24