I've always really disliked music where it's just some guy singing over an acoustic guitar...

I've always really disliked music where it's just some guy singing over an acoustic guitar. Apparently this album is pretty good but I can't get over the style.
What would you guys say are some of the best albums of this acoustic type that I could give a try?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/esA6bbd7xts
youtube.com/watch?v=LEzgCoPpTZc
youtube.com/watch?v=C-Gg8HH1UzM
youtube.com/watch?v=JZ7CjvayFss
youtube.com/watch?v=7udClrQtmws
youtube.com/watch?v=eseUe93oAUg
youtube.com/watch?v=fFLPdxdvEXk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Overall a really great album with clean guitar and amazing vocals. Great entryway for this kind of stuff.

not a guy but best album ever comin through

this one also fits right in with what user's looking for

Very funny

kek

If you can't appreciate the quality of the compositions on Pink Moon, you're just too biased.

fuck off

I've listened to that before and I love it. I'm actually Brazilian myself. There's some more instrumentation there than in Pink Moon though.

Why are you telling me to fuck off? I was being sarcastic.

There's a cello, the whole thing is pedestrian and Damien's main virtue is his ability to sing the shit out of a broken heart, but I love this album.

That's why.

You know it wasn't me who posted those album covers right?

>where its just some guy singing over an acoustic guitar
fuck dude, I don't know
his first album Five Leaves Left has a lot of backing strings if you want nick drake with more elaborate arrangements

hey man thats not me
i was meant to quote Sry

bryter layter has full band arrangements, but it's commonly considered his worst album

Calm down you fucking spas

That's why I don't like Sufjan Stevens. What's worse than 1 guy 1 guitar? Oh, I know, 1 guy 1 ukelele

first of all, its a ukulele
2nd of all, its on one album that also has fuck hueg arrangements

I mean banjo

I don't like the kind of music OP is saying he doesn't like either but this album is an exception. An all time favorite of mine.

King Buzzo-This Machine Kills Artists
Thus Album is one of the best solo acoustic Albums i've listened to.
youtu.be/esA6bbd7xts

youtube.com/watch?v=LEzgCoPpTZc

Dang thanks for the link, I haven't heard this before. I'm a big fan of Gilberto, Jobim, and Ernesto Nazareth, but I'm not too familiar with other Brazilian music

You're welcome. Don't forget the classics: youtube.com/watch?v=C-Gg8HH1UzM

Not quite what you asked for, but what the hell: youtube.com/watch?v=JZ7CjvayFss

I've just seen your mention of Nazareth. If you're interested in guitar solo, check out Baden Powell, Raphael Rabello and Yamandu.

If classical, Villa-Lobos.

neil young after the gold rush or harvest

Ah of course, how did I forget Villa-Lobos. His guitar preludes inspired me to pick up classical guitar. I'll check out the other ones too, thank you. And I've only listened to Marissa Monte singing Carinhoso which I loved. She has a wonderful voice.

You might enjoy these, I've shared them on the classical thread:
youtube.com/watch?v=7udClrQtmws
youtube.com/watch?v=eseUe93oAUg

Also love this rendition of Clair de Lune:

Sorry for the duplicated link above.

keaton henson
elliott smith
peter and the wolf
bright eyes