/180/: BETVICTOR WORLD MATCHPLAY DAY 1

Darting action returns to Blackpool tonight for the 2016 World Matchplay. Last year saw that disgusting Stokie sex-pest Phil Taylor suffer his first Winter Gardens defeat since 2007 as he went down in the semis to James Wade, who then lost to World Number 1 Michael van Gerwen in the final. The field looks even better this year to continue the Taylorless reign in the North West.

Kicking off the first round fun are inconsistent Eurospeedster Vincent van der Voort and boulderheaded Aussie Kyle Anderson. With both men having improved massively over the past year, Anderson making his World Cup team for the first time in the process, this should be a tight match that could easily see the number 16 seed taken out before the tournament's got going.

Up next is the Matchplay martyr. Ian White, Keegan Brown, Paul Nicholson: just a number of players Robert Thornton has failed to beat in his second least-favourite place behind Ayr police station. In his seventh attempt to make it past the first round, he has been given what should be a fairly simple task in defeating emerging youngster and successful muscle boy Josh Payne, who qualified by winning Players Championship 6 in May.

The Green Machine enters the fray as he plays eternal TV jobber Jamie Caven. Since his implosion in the World Cup final, MVG has won just one event from four in the Shanghai Darts Masters, but given Caven's inability to play when his one working eye is on the cameras, MVG should breeze through.

The big tie of the session is the closer as simple Dave Chisnall takes on Dutchman Benito van de Pas. Both players have had very good seasons so far with three ranking event wins between them, and it will be a shame to see one of them out in the first round.

All matches must be won by 2 clear legs, with up to 5 extra legs played to decide a winner. If the match is tied after 5 extra legs, a final sudden death leg will be played.

Coverage starts from 7:00pm UK time on Sky Sports 2.

Other urls found in this thread:

pdc.tv/news/article/lef99blil2wl19zfuxji1lzox/title/betvictor-world-matchplay-preview
dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerDetails.aspx?playerKey=10548
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Tonight’s matches (Best of 19 legs)
Vincent "van der Voort van der Voort, Vincent" van der Voort v Kyle "Conehead" Anderson
Robert "I Would Walk 500 Miles (To Be Anywhere But The Matchplay)" Thornton v Josh "Window" Payne
MvGOAuTism v Jamie "Jabba-oche" Caven
Chizzy v Benito van de Pas "the Dutchie on the left hand side"

>Full preview
pdc.tv/news/article/lef99blil2wl19zfuxji1lzox/title/betvictor-world-matchplay-preview

Who /Boris/ Here

Nice mullet, Gary

Much fun could be had with this

Thanks for reminding me!

inb4 shopped in front of 9/11

Allahu akbar

How, in God's holy name, can this dude have such a hot daughter? Has anybody seen the mom?

I think its his step-daughter rather than his own creation

So you're telling me it's his wife's daughter?

Yeah, it's not White's own daughter.

We're on now by the way.

Not seen an arrow or a score carded for the past month or so, but here are my predictions

Speedy
Thorny (has he even got past the first round though?)
GOAT
Chizzy, but hoping Benito turns up - he could push him close

Is Josh Payne the next GOAT?

>viking clap

If I hear one fucking "[darts' player's] on fire" chant I'm Mohammed Bouhlel-ing Monday's audience.

>Icelandic Viking chant meme

Pls no

Wasnt someone last year whistling at someone really loud? And did it for a few games? Assume it was aimed it sex offender on his throw but also think it could have been some random scot on someone Ando was playing or something...

>Thorny (has he even got past the first round though?)
Never.

That atrocious record in full:
>2009: Taylor 4-10
>2010: G. Anderson 0-10
>2012: A. Lewis 0-10
>2013: White 3-10
>2014: Nicholson 8-10
>2015: K. Brown 7-10

In that entire time he has averaged over 95 just once. It will not surprise you that said average was against Mental Breakdown Man.

Yeah, I remember that. Kept happening in Taylor's matches from what I recall.

>DOLAN'S ON FIRE
>OMAGH IS TERRIFIED

Same here, and I agree on those predictions. Chizzy vs. Benito is probably the closest match of the evening, depending if Speedoman can be bothered to put in some effort.

>Thorny (has he even got past the first round though?)
>2010: G. Anderson 0-10
>2012: A. Lewis 0-10
Nice.

Mongs getting comprehensively ignored there by most of the crowd, good to see.

lyl

DAT BULL

>41 needed
>14
Classic van der Speedyjobber.

Bookies had him as favorite and he has been playing like he could give the likes of speedy a run for their money of late. Could be going the distance.

>Could be going the distance.
He most likely has Autism in the next round so probably not.

>Jeff Stelling psychologically torturing Paul Merson

Whose fanfic is this?

Meant this game could be going to the wire, 10-8 or something

Are there 2 commercials per match?

Ah right.

I thought that as well. Anderson's world ranking of 33 isn't reflective of his ability. He can easily challenge those in the bottom half of the top 16.

at least

What is that little bump on the back of Andersons head.

I wonder what it feels like to touch.

>vinny

It looks like the back of his head is trying to grow a mouth of its own.

It's where Beau is hiding.

>43

>busting 26
These two have been absolute shit when attempting to get down to a finish.

>Abo genetics

NO WEAKNESS ALLOWED

Look at the sweat pishing off him.

Big sweaty dutch bastard.

VDV is fucking rancid, he will be dropping down the rankings like a stone soon enough.

In non-tv ranking events he's not exactly had a bad few seasons by his jobber standards.

Vinny hasn't won at Blackpool since 2011 so this loss won't fuck him that badly.

The only significant money he's defending from the majors is 17k from the 2014 PCF semis.

He's lost 20k from failing to win the Austrian Darts Open again so there's something gone.

To be fair his back his fucked, notice how he didnt bend down to pick up that arrow. You sort of wonder how bad that gets and effects his game.

Being as tall as VvdV is won't help him either because he's throwing down all the time.

Fuck him, he is your typical sulky dutch cunt dart player who thinks the world owes him a living.

Going for two bulls on 100 because he was getting beat sums him up.

Sort of shit you would expect to see a kid doing at a local comp.

This tournament is so comfy. Even better now that Phils stranglehold has been broken.

>you now remember Barney v Merv at the World GP

Without doubt one of the cringiest games ive sat through in about 15 years of watching darts

That final set when he just started throwing on the bull... fucking Christ.

One of the very rare occasions I've felt sorry for King because he wasn't given a match at all after that point.

What is this meme walkon music

>walk-on takes about 1000 years

scottish_national_anthem.wav

>scottish_national_anthem.mp3

And I would beat 500 wives...

>using Shitlock flights
[BOTTLEJOB INTENSIFIES]

>25
>39

>Dropping throw to Robert " Rockem Sockem Jockem" Thornton

Wee Rab dodging death there after the fuck-up on the 140 attempt.

>the payne never ends

Keegan Brown's record since beating Wee Rabbie this time last year has been nothing short of absolutely horrific: dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerDetails.aspx?playerKey=10548

>second name payne
>shit nickname like the maximum

>not calling yourself 'the window'

What was first match score?

10-4 to anderson

vincent was fucking dire

Lovely. Vvdv is a meme player.

>pay for sky
>still adverts every ten minutes

How do they keep getting away with it?

What the hell happened to this guy? 2 years ago I was convinced he will be a top 10 player soon, but his career is stalling now. Maybe that's what you get for wearing pink shirts.

Had a complete collapse in form after the summer break in 2015. Remember him being very poor against Clownman in the Worlds.

He pushed MVG at the GP and PCFs but has done nothing outside of those tournaments.

>part making jokes about ice creams

He's a tub of lard and i get the impression he'd do anything for a dare. He's like a micro manly

THE RAB CURSE IS BACK ON

ITS ON

WEE RAB WILL NEVER WIN IN BLACKPOOL

DUBS WILL CONFIRM

THAT 118 FROM PAYNE

C U R S E D
U
R
S
E
D

>DAT 118

Rabbie on suicide watch

not bad josh payne

>Mrs Rabbie's evening has gone from "gentle slap" to "full on shoe-ing"

F

O JEEZ

HERE COMES THE PAYNE MS THORNTON

Fucking lol at Rabbie going for this, good game

I genuinely thought that 134 was going in.

Rescued it with the 68.

Thorn is suppose to be a right wanker off the oche.

Didn't go to his own dad's funeral.

That's sad.

That said, when his mother died he hit a double start 9 darter the day afterwards.

>Thorn is suppose to be a right wanker off the oche
Somehow, that doesn't surprise me much.

>Didn't go to his own dad's funeral.
Hated my dad, too, but still I attended his funeral. Would have been silly to stay away. He's dead, and any hate left would only be bugging me and my relationship to the people we both knew.

Does he look good or bad for 48 yr old scotch dart player? For any normal bloke id put him at 60 and say bad

Could be bollocks. Guy i used to play darts mentioned it once.

The payne of bouncing darts. We all know it.

>PAYNE
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU USE SHITLOCK FLIGHTS

YOU CHOKE LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

That was soo unlucky. He almost split the wire with those attempts.

Mon Rabbie Payne

A Scottish 48 is basically 58 so yeah it is bad.

Hendo is only 5 years younger.

>you are now aware dean winstanley is 35.

>Dave Chisnall is older than Dean Winstanley
>James Wade is younger than both Chizzy & Deano

C H O K E
H
O
K
E

THE CURSE IS OVER

>that ms thornton fistpump

christ man, there is so much wrong with his face I don't even know where to start getting disgusted

Only a celebratory backhander from the non-ring hand tonight.