Ben Affleck Promoted, Why Zack Snyder isn't Fired

Thank goodness, DC might still have a fighting chance.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mdfm0cTl10A

It's over.

Why would Snyder get fired? Both movies made shit tons of money

why should this give us any hope?

"Nolan is going to executive produce man of steel, snyder can't possibly fail!"

"Oscar award winning writer Chris Terrio is doing a complete re-write of the script, Snyder literally cannot fail!"

and now "Ben is executive producing Justice League, how can snyder possible mess this up?"

>fail
I think we have different definitions of the word "fail". Nearly 1 billion at the box office on a 200 million budget, and that's not counting the uncut Blu-Ray/theatrical release.

>this movie failed to make the 1+ billion that it should have made

Sounds like a failure to me chief

BvS actually had a chance to be one of the highest grossing movies of all time, but the movie was such shit that it tanked after the opening weekend.

>should have made
Warner Bros considered it a success at 700m, they made 162 million beyond that.

it barely cracked 800 million, plus with all the advertising it adds up to half a billion. they barely broke even

They wanted a fucking billion.

Who but fanboys are going to buy the blu-ray when the film was a critical dud that failed to connect with normies like every Marvel film manages to do?

>Warner Bros considered it a success at 700m

I suppose that's why they did everything they can to limit word-of-mouth and frontload the movie's release to make as much money as possible

There is no hope for JL at this point. Even if the movie by miracle turns out to be good, bad rep from BvS will still fuck it up

plus snyder unwilling to learn from his mistakes won't help

I don't think anything they did with BvS would have made this movie a critical success.

People have Marvel quippy banter bullshit in their minds when they think of comic book movies now. Look at X-Men Days of Future Past versus Apocalypse reviews. The vast majority of reviews are complaining it's "too serious", something it was praised for 3/6 years ago with DofP/First Class.

The Marvel babbies want their completely forgettable "stop the blue laser in the sky while heroes make jokes and learn the power of ~friendship~"? They can see the Marvel movie coming out two weeks before or two weeks after Justice League comes to theaters.

>Source: my ass.
There's a big difference between what one hopes for and what one expects.

Also, I'm extremely happy about this. Ben's a fan of comics, knows how to tell a story concisely, and has considerable directing chops of his own.

if affleck is actually involved in the re-writing and editing process then it has a slight chance

but probably not

This. I'm actually losing hope for the DCCU. I doubt Suicide Squad will even be decent.

>Blaming Marvel for Snyder's shit movies
Sure, why not

I honestly just want one good dc movie.

>I don't think anything they did with BvS would have made this movie a critical success.
How bout not making it a piece of shit? That might have helped

one day, man

If you see no difference between Nolan's serious and Snyder's serious you'll never understand why BvS is shit.

A failure is when they don't make profit. This movie made profit mate so in essence it's a success

And look at Apocalypse, they're shitting on it for being serious, the same thing Days of Future Past was praised for

funny how noone bats an eye at babbling about all this money shit

movies totally controlled by jews & jew thinking
Super heros themselves as a jew concept

Does Leto even have a chance? Look at that pic, it's such an obvious ploy to hype him as being the same as the lore that is the Ledger performance. He's fucking destined for failure.

>A failure is when they don't make profit.

A failure is when they fail to meet their stated goal

i thought zack snyder's wife was the real producer

Apocalypse may have made other misfires.

Anyway Fox also made Deadpool. Whic peoplw loved.

does Deadpool not count because it was intended as a comedy? I felt as though it was much different from the quippy marvel shit even when it was trying to be funny

Yeah, Affleck being executive producer doesn't really change shit. It's not like Nolan being EP on MOS helped that movie very much either.

Where's that goal stated? Got a source?

You may want to look up the definition of failure there champ
Also show where they wanted more I never seen anything saying the wanted that much
LeL delusional marvelcuck

Man of Steel is one of the best cape movies ever made.

They doubled their budget seems like profit to me son
Billion dollar budget for infinity wars
Kek marvelfags on suicide watch

One of the most divisive, you mean.

Which Justice League sure as Hell can't afford to be if they wanna spin off solo films from this movie.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 cost about the same as BvS (250m) and made back over 700 million dollars world wide.

So i guess we can look forward to Marc Webb bringing us part 3 any time now.

>You may want to look up the definition of failure there champ

>1. lack of success.

Sounds like BvS to me.

I totally agree that JL can't be as risky as MoS was, but that doesn't stop me from appreciating it.

So this essentially means that he's co-directing.

WB's going to go bankrupt because of this mess, aren't they?

Most likely. That's my hope.

Affleck knew the movie was shit.
Every press junket you could see it in his eyes.

Nah, the HP spinoff is coming out this year. That's bound to make a billion and it's own series of sequels.

Elevated shit. Yup.

Is the Batman solo movie coming out before JL? Isn't he directing that himself?

What if the Batman movie makes an absolute shit ton of money?

Then we'll get another decade of nothing but Batman movies, and every other DC character will go back to the shelf

Don't know if it's coming out first, but he's definitely directing it.

I'd be okay with that too but I mean would that be enough to axe Snyder completely?

Probably not. It seems the entire DCEU is going through the Snyder's production company

>The vast majority of reviews are complaining it's "too serious"

for X-Men Apocalypse? Fuck, I have some hope for this movie again.
Trailers made it look generic, but it might be decent after all.

You have dark knight

Sorry, I don't wanna sound like I'm defending a shit director like Snyder, but the movie is currently at 868 million. That's not "barely cracked 800 million".

DCEU movie.

The Batman will hopefully be good.

Well, Marvel didn't have any decent movies until 2000 (98 if you count Blade), and even then they also had shit like Nick Fury and Daredevil.

>The vast majority of reviews are complaining it's "too serious"

This fucking horseshit needs to die. Capeshit's got no more obligation to be goofy, quirky fun than any other genre. Why don't we just go ahead and retroactively assess all other genres that Disney's MCU movies have touched on using these films as the template?

>>should have made
>Warner Bros considered it a success at 700m, they made 162 million beyond that.

Lol fuck no. They promised their stockholders 1 Billy, they're fucking pissed.

It doesn't matter what the public thinks or Sup Forums. If it's a failure in the eyes of the stockholders, it's a failure to the company.

As a MMO player, I've seen this before. World of Warcraft becomes this gigantic thing, everyone expects MMOs to be just like World of Warcraft so the market adapts

There'll be a couple years of "resistance", but in the end, DC and Fox's X-Men franchise will become campy bullshit just like Marvel is.

God Kinograph Zack Snyder and Apprentice Kinograph Ben Affleck teaming up to make Justice League as good as possible.

The marriage in the two will result in the finest Cape movie we've witnessed yet.

>Zack Snyder has been described as very "focused" on the set on Justice League.

>Despite the negative reception of Batman v. Superman, the morale is pretty high on set.

>Ben Affleck will be working close with Zack Snyder on Justice League as he prepares for his solo Batman film.

- Arrow Season 5 might be the final season for the show. There has been heavy discussions about adding the Green Arrow character to the DCEU. If Green Arrow becomes part of the DCEU, Green Arrow will become a cameo character on The Flash.

- Black Canary is scheduled to appear in Justice League and in another future DCEU project.

- Deathstroke, Killer Frost, Bane, Catwoman & Poison Ivy will appear in the Suicide Squad sequel. David Ayer has already written a script and the film will be taking the October 5th, 2018 release date.

- Green Lantern will be in Justice League Part One. He will show up in the second act of the film.

- Barry's suit is actually created by Silas Stone. Barry was good friends with Victor before his accident and doesn't know Victor is still alive. Barry can't control the energy around him when he runs.

- Cyborg starts off as an antagonist in the film as the Mother Box in his systems temporarily controls him.

- There's been discussions about a Man of Steel sequel. The original Man of Steel sequel script had Lex Luthor and Metallo as antagonist before Warner Bros decided to go with Batman v. Superman. Zack Snyder will be doing the directional duties if a sequel is green lit.

- Other characters that have been discussed are Martian Manhunter, Captain Atom, Major Force, Hawkman & Hawkgirl, Booster Gold & Blue Bettle.

Has the Social Justice League joke been made yet?

First if not.

I hope he takes Zack out back and explains to him that you can have a movie be funny, or sad, or dark, or quirky, or really anything...but ninety-nine times out of one hundred it has to be coherent.

Maybe then we can have a good JL.

Jesus Christ, stop posting your Goddamned fan fiction already.

Social Justice critique applies more towards minority pandering, Marvel's Jessica Jones getting BLACKED and the literal cuck on Daredevil
>pic related

BvS didnt even break $1b, and Civil War beat it's numbers in 10 Days.
Using arguably the 3 most famous and well known superhero icons and they still couldn't make more than a few hundred million profit.
It got shit reviews from critics and fans.
it's surprising they are keeping him at all.
When Ant-Man and Deadpool make more profit than this movie, says how very much a failure it is.

Source?

>film with MOTHERFUCKING SUPERMAN AND BATMAN

>makes under a billion

>gets worse reviews than FUCKING ANTMAN AND THE ANGRY BIRDS NRXKINO

Kek, Zack the Hack fucked DC hard and only Kino-Caliph Bin al-Flique can save it.

Being this assblasted
BvS succeeded making over double their budget that's success compared to some movies that never see a penny of profit
Ex John Carter
Marvelfag on suicide watch literally

>We need ALL the DC universe to compensate for a shit movie so theres too much for people to focus on and we can give them all a fair amount of screen time to justify them being there in what amounts to 4-5 hours of movie.

Man, DC is struggling, comic sales are lower than Marvel by a huge margin, movie sales are as well. The merch is selling like shit and they cant seem to get an animated series that people want to watch anymore.

Can we get Darkhorse and Image to start there own movie/tv series now?

MoS was great though
Terrio didn't do a complete rewrite either, you can trace a lot of BvS' plot back to the old leaked Goyer script

Another delusional marveldrone
Show source or stop pulling shit out of your ass
LeL marvelcuck on suicide watch literally

He's not a cuck, his love interest is the hot lawyer chick he's constantly putting down a peg or two

Darkhorse is basically on its death bed since they lost the SW properties which were keeping them afloat. After TWD became a success, every other Image book got optioned. Too bad it's stupid shit like Sex Criminals

>tfw when some random throwaway post you made keeps getting pasta'd

mmmmmmmmm

>Dark Horse SW run was mostly awesome
>Marvel SW run is mostly shit

which was full of quips and jokes. funny jokes, but still jokes, and it even ended with deadpool learning the power of friendship

>mostly awesome
It was mostly shit, but when it was good it was GOOD. Too bad Marvel SW has been a steaming piece of shit since it started

>Not comprehending how box-office works
Typical for DCuck

Ben Affleck is a busy, busy man. No wonder he got divorced; he literally doesn't have time to deal with family shenanigans.