Are you really going to tell me that any of the songs on Loveless is better than "Souvlaki Space Station"? I thought so

Are you really going to tell me that any of the songs on Loveless is better than "Souvlaki Space Station"? I thought so.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QeiDRzeT6g0
youtube.com/watch?v=66Hu-tx1urg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They're not really that alike. MBV were the Noise Pop end of Shoegaze while Slowdive were the Dream Pop end.

I think we've all read this statement on Sup Forums at least 748327589439 times.

are you really going to tell me that any of the other songs on souvlaki are worse than souvlaki space station

It's really its most representative song, like if I had to sum up Souvlaki for someone it would definitely be in form of that song.

Come in Alone is

It's literally the only good song on the album

Because it's true? Might be why.

Is there even a song in the entire subgenre of shoegaze that holds a candle to Sleep?

Yet people don't learn
>not Alison
>mfw

And Ride were britpop, Swervedriver grunge and Verve space rock

>Verve
>Space Rock
Nigga what kind of retarded anvil fell on your head? They were neopsychedelic and bluesy before anything else

That's like saying "is there even a song in the entire genre of black metal that can hold a candle to Merzbow?"

That is to say: A retarded non sequitur

How the hell is this not space rock
youtube.com/watch?v=QeiDRzeT6g0
youtube.com/watch?v=66Hu-tx1urg

loveless is groundbreaking while souvlaki is just a poor imitation. based off my experience with slowdive they don't have a lot to say, all of the songs on souvlaki express a similar melancholy feeling and it was a really boring experience for me. i don't think slowdive are capable of writing a song like when you sleep or what you want.

i could be missing the point though, ill definitely come back to it at some point and try and understand it again

>all of the songs on souvlaki express a similar melancholy feeling and it was a really boring experience for me

Agreed

shoegaze is a meme genre
literally noise rock for girls

and yet we still have daily MBV vs. Slowdive threads

thanks for contributing senpai

>tfw Slowdive are about to drop an album
>tfw it's just gonna be alt rock with reverb

>tfw no one ranks Catherine wheel and Pale Saints

To Here Knows When > Sometimes > Loomer > I Only Said > Souvlaki Space Station

Slowdive are nowhere near the same league as MBV. It's like the difference in quality between Coldplay and Radiohead. And I say this as someone who got into Souvlaki a couple of years before Loveless finally clicked for me.

Did the guys in this band think it's 1964 again? What the heck are those haircuts?

You are just jealous because you are not that fabulous

Wrong Sleep you butt lawyer.

Check out /shugazi/ . We tend to know our shit.

I have that word filtered out.

Why? It's like the only quality general.

seconded, brother

Does shoegaze really exist today? Or did it evolve into numerous different genres?