>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

stringtensionpro.com/
ibanez.com/products/u_hb_detail.php?year=2016&cat_id=7&series_id=120&data_id=56&color=CL01
clyp.it/sisrxm4t
youtube.com/watch?v=ucm6VOXfbjA
clyp.it/kybbi0b4
youtube.com/watch?v=sf9qU0GAenA
amazon.com/Hercules-GS525B-5-Piece-Guitar-Rack/dp/B004P0MWCU/ref=pd_cp_267_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4V3JZT4TAA2QSQB4DRZA
clyp.it/ufggol1k
youtube.com/watch?v=reI1PpLdYzs
clyp.it/iimzvlkq
clyp.it/g2kjmfdo
youtube.com/watch?v=CLc2ik7cI0I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cheap Jazzmasters edition.

the link for the string tension calculator is deprecated, forgot to change it, it should be
stringtensionpro.com/

Ibanez artcore, yay or nay?

ye

love the firebird look but still no idea what they're best played for

are they gibson's all purpose model?

I'm looking at this model specifically.
ibanez.com/products/u_hb_detail.php?year=2016&cat_id=7&series_id=120&data_id=56&color=CL01
The single cut model comes with a bridge that I'm not too comfortable with, not sure though. Anyway, anything I should know with these? I honestly just want it to sound decent and stay in tune, with decent fretwork, etc. I don't expect the world from it. Electronics seem like a pain to repair/replace, again not sure.

I posted in the old thread but didn't get any help. In my area a private seller is offering his 2005 MIM Fender Deluxe PowerHouse Strat (Carmel body, pearloid pickguard, maple fretboard, 12db boost via tone knob 2, etc.) with a hardshell case for USD 400 or best offer. From the photos it shows no damage and want to hear from others who have had it, or know about it.

Thanks

The bridge on the single cut may be fixed, they fix them on Gretschs now.

From what I read the bridge sits on a top of a block of wood and is only held in place by pressure. While the double cut bridge slots into the body.
The single cut looks better to me but I'd hate to deal with the bridge if it works that way.

Pls rate my riff guys, been working on it for the last week.

clyp.it/sisrxm4t

How much does a decent 5-way rack/stand for guitars cost? They all seem pretty expensive for what they are. Recommendations?

>clyp.it/sisrxm4t

It can become decent, for now it's not.

Are you going to be taking it around, or just leaving it a home

Not sure if this is the place to post this but does anyone know how to achieve the effect Summers has at the start of this? youtube.com/watch?v=ucm6VOXfbjA

1. Do you have a slide?
2. If you don't, why? it's cheap and fun

clyp.it/kybbi0b4

Just leaving it at home. Doesn't need to be road ready.

You can get the individual plastic stands with safety rod that work just fine for like 10 bucks each.

Don't know about a rack.

get a chinese one from ebay

youtube.com/watch?v=sf9qU0GAenA

Dude makes James Hetfield look like Kirk

I'm in love with the design but i hear the epiphone firebird is one of the worst guitars ever and i can't afford a fucking Gibson, is the epi really that bad?

No Jap copies?

got any recs?

10 plays and just one reply, thanks. Feels like I've wasted many hours for nothing.

I have several of those and they just take up too much space.
Maybe I'm being tricked by the marketing machine, but I don't want to damage guitars worth several thousand because I wanted to save 20 bucks on a stand. If they work fine then sure, but it feels a bit odd.

Brian jones played a firebird

Anyone know a good way to remove strings after cutting them? One string I cut kind of got jammed . I can't pull it out from the back of my guitar. Any tips? There was a yt vid where some guy mentioned something about it, but I can't find it anymore.

WTF how? my hand would fall off after like 1 minute MAX

Why would a rack damage your guitars?

amazon.com/Hercules-GS525B-5-Piece-Guitar-Rack/dp/B004P0MWCU/ref=pd_cp_267_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4V3JZT4TAA2QSQB4DRZA

If you're worried about damaged guitars

Post it in the discord, that's where all the cool ppl are

What's your point? He played a gibson firebird, i was talking about the Epiphone

I use a toothpick to push it out

This sounds silly and plebby because it is but is there an electric guitar buying guide?

I've been playing on a crappy Epiphone knockoff a friend gave me for about 4 years and I'm actually getting good enough and making enough money to buy a real guitar. I know next to nothing about guitar outside of the basic Strat, Tele, Gretch, Les Paul, etc. etc. and what my favorite guitarists play. Is there a way to educate myself on the strengths of different guitars?

It's utter shit, work on your technique

epi dot is the only good epiphone I've ever played

think I'm gonna have to add the firebird to the list of luxury guitars that I'll one day buy proper branded (rick330, firebird, sg, ES :( )

>Is there a way to educate myself on the strengths of different guitars?
Yes.
Don't buy into the marketing ploy of big companies, a Telecaster is as versatile as a Les Paul, or even an Ibanez RG.
The actual differences that matter are the electronics, the scale lenght, and the overall ergonomics of the guitar.

yeah
read up on em, watch youtube videos, and try them

U asked what styles of play the bird works with; I'm just giving an example

Hmm, was thinking of using the strings I cut off, but my use that. Thanks.

>a Telecaster is as versatile as a Les Paul, or even an Ibanez RG

WRONG

Can anyone recommend some beginner/advanced beginner DVDs for learning (rock) guitar?

No i didn't, that was the post above mine m8

get a book from your guitar store mate

remains the best way to learn

>Don't buy into the marketing ploy of big companies, a Telecaster is as versatile as a Les Paul, or even an Ibanez RG.

This is exactly what I've always been curious about. I play a Les Paul knockoff and the sound I use isn't even close to the glammy T. Rex / Mick Ronson sound people always call the Les Paul sound. I can get tons of different sounds out but I usually using a chuggier sound that I would usually associate with Bruce and his Telecaster.

Rockstars are using guitars worth many thousands and amp stacks with multiple engineers, never equate your tone to them.

Your average Joe isn't going to get much more than thin bluesy lead and slashy strums from a telecaster.

anyone care to rate my '...And Justice For All' guitar tone?

clyp.it/ufggol1k

I've heard the bridge is an awful design, but no personal experience.

A solid 9 imo. Sounds almost exactly the same. Nice tone.

idk about that vibrato but the ones without it have the regular Tune o matic bridge anyway

Sorry, that's what I meant. I've heard the vibrato is shitty and pretty subtle.

Yeah that's a vintage photo.

I'm kinda puzzled too, there's no list of people who use them. All I've seen is Johnny Marr and the guy from Oasis so I guess it's strat-like.

Don't mind me, just you're friendly neighborhood PRS fanboy coming through.

>default PRS

eww

How does /gayguitargeneral/ feel about Squier Jaguar Bass, Ibanez SR300, Fender Squier Jaguar Bass? Looking through cragislist and those are the only ones I would consider, unless I can get some advice on some basses that are as good but in same price range of 300-500.

PRS is cool

Why must I be a gibson fanboy? I can't even afford them.

Went to go buy a new MIM Standard Telecaster yesterday, but got denied financing because poorfag. I guess I'm stuck with my deteriorating AVRI 62 Mememaster for now.

"default"? I think a default PRS would be their core model, the custom 24. I wouldn't mind having one of those either :DD

a woodlike finish PRS is my favourite design. can't buy one though since I'd be shamefully copying isaac brock

Good. Don't buy gear on credit

>not owning ibanez
wew

This is true. However, the local shop has 24 months, 12 with no interest. With the down payment I'd basically be paying $200 over a year. Not undoable.

I'll just save my money and ignore the fact that it's Christmas and I'm allowed to buy things for myself.

The guitar I played that originally made me love PRS guitars was a natural finish 2007 McCarty. I would still love to have it, but the McCarty's from that time are still expensive and hard to find.

>pic related

yeah what's with the price hike? standard models are around $800 I see, then the top tiers are over 7 grand.

not like they even have a signature tone considering how heavily you can customise them

That CU22 is nice.

How should i grip my pick for funk strumming?
Everything is alright until i start going sanic fast and end up throwing it away

I always play funk pickless, more control with rhythm and muting. Prepare to cut a few fingers open though.

youtube.com/watch?v=reI1PpLdYzs

Part of it is to do with the fact that PRS 'true' american made guitars have seen a price increase in the retail market. The CE series (non-satin) is $2k and the next step up is the Custom series at $3.5k.., when you consider that, people wanting $2000 for a 2006 PRS doesn't seem so ridiculous.

The S2's have great construction, but they use the SE pickups and hardware. It's kind of a sham if you ask me. Even my CE22 is technically a 'better' guitar by PRS standards than their current CE series because they've changed the carve on the modern ones to save on wood and they are using old stock tuners.

It's a CE22 actually, just a bolt on version of the custom. Gives it more pop, it's a good sound just a little different.

How is your technique? I always get impressed at good fingerpicking technique

I'm getting bretty good

clyp.it/iimzvlkq

yeah but you should ask your drummer to stop playing different songs while you're practicing

What brands make good replacing tubes?

Buying a pedalboard solution seems like a waste of money, but it's also super convenient....

Not great, I'm a rhythm player with quite shocking right hand finger independence. Definitely try without a pick though, you can grab grouped notes or chords with ease and snap them back after slides, pulloffs, muted strums or whatever you want. I can get some funky grooves but not much over the top to jam it out solo.

Again warning, your nails will bleed a lot at first!

>guitarist programmed drum machines

fucking lel, guitar playing is sweet though

did those drums even repeat one bar

can you describe how you do it? like what fingers do you use for strumming and such, most of the time i've played has been without a pick actually so i'm interested in the different fingerpicking approaches

thanks user, if you want them, I can post the EQ and the settings

what the fuck kinda groove is that?

Generally I strum with my forefinger nail and side of the thumb, then mute bass notes by laying my thumb across or my palm. Rest should fall into place? It's so hard to explain since I've just played like this for a long time.

Look up some folk/funk solo jams on Youtube though and see how they incorporate strong dynamics with just their hands to get some ideas. Try and play as aggressive as possible.

>clyp.it/sisrxm4t
Try playing it at a much slower tempo (with a metronome) till you can play it articulately. The idea is good but you need to practice more!

Thanks for the answers.
I've kinda had an idea of strumming from a teacher i used to play with, he played the Charango so he had some pretty superb strumming, i liked how he used the tips of the 4 fingers lined up and then used his thumb to give it the accent, pretty good stuff there.

Oh shit the rhythm guitar wasn't in the mix until the end
New upload with rhythm

clyp.it/g2kjmfdo

I have tiny hands but I want to play bass. I'm thinking about buying a 3/4 bass used just to fuck around with. Is it worth paying any amount of money for something like this or is it just going to sound like trash no matter what I do?

c'mon man, even girls play with regular sized basses, you wouldn't even qualify as a pussy at this point.
You could get a Fender Bass VI instead too btw

unless your hands are freakishly small you can play any bass

but I want to play chords on it like this dude I saw with freakishly large hands (and a normal sized bass)

It isn't necessary to have long fingers to play bass.

youtube.com/watch?v=CLc2ik7cI0I

wew, look at this special snowflake
not only he want to sound like mud by buying a 3/4, but also wants to play muddied up chords.
legit question, have you ever played anything else before ? Because you're not playing chords on a bass until you actually get good and understand how to use them. And even then, it's a niche technique.

Most chords in the lower register of bass sound bad. Majority of chords you play on bass will be maybe three notes and usually above the seventh fret.

if you want to learn bass buy a regular scale bass
that's my advice

Play some, that'll put a stop to it.

I have. I really like them. I like mine too.

I'm going to marry my LP-100!

Dankest reverb and/or tremolo pedals? No 'memes', actual memes welcome.

Looking for an all-round, orwhat?

Strymon Bigsky, expensive, but it's by far the dankest.