Why is this so widely disliked...

Why is this so widely disliked? If Marvel got the rights to the Fantastic 4 back I guarantee this is identical to the movie they'd make, just with more forced cameos and sequel hooks, and people would go crazy for it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kPRjkUwfzUc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Timing is everything. This was before quipkino was the vogue in consumer demand.

Why was the puppetmaster's daughter a negro though?

Personally I think this movie is amazing

Ioan Gruffudd was a perfect Mr.Fantastic.

I find very fun movie though sequel is shit

wasn't based evans in one of those?

That's not 100% true Marvel would probably do Dr. Doom justice, which was a big, if not the biggest, flaw of the film. They would have teased Doom but featured the Mole man or some shit.

Final fight was terrible.

Also the CGI is horribly dated now which is weird to look at

youtube.com/watch?v=kPRjkUwfzUc

>Marvel would probably do Dr. Doom justice

Yeah because their villains have been great so far.

As in, being faithful to his origin. If Marvel had the rights to him, he would be on of the biggest bads in the MCU

He was the Human Torch

No you're retarded, the movie is a piece of shit and if you honestly believe this you have to be actually delusional. The good thing about both movies is how the four act, their characterization is great mostly and the actors are pretty good. I also love their costumes, the material looks very nice and the shade of blue is perfect. But everything else is ass, and I hate the idea that because its old its acceptable to go easier on it or say its not that bad. It is. It has no plot, the entire thing is an aimless romcom with some petty arguments and a final boss battle out of nowhere that shits all over Doctor Doom and is more concerned with making the Fantastic Four a generic superhero team than telling an interesting story. As if they dont have decades of interesting content to literally rip off, I find it insulting as a fan.

I like the first movie. The guy who played Doom was great too.

Red Skull is pretty important and they got rid of him one movie. They also completely fucked up the villain from GOTG.

You mean like Ultron?

Absolute god tier casting
Decent effects
fun fights
just not a strong story

Really it was the perfect storm to create the first super team in an amazing movie, but it just fell apart.

Red Skull should stay in WW2, bringing him into the modern day would have been very strange. I agree with the GOTG guy

I'm not saying it would be exceptional, but I would rather have a faithful adaptation than this mustache-twirling business man with a cut on his face and lightning fingers

looks, yes.
But he was struggling real bad to cover his bloody accent

Joss Whedon is gone

Both movies were very successful financially, but it was the second movie was just received poorly by critics and Fox stopped making sequels

D R O P P E D

no