youtube.com/watch?v=JmOfEYBIuKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hPdRRfWpOQI
youtube.com/watch?v=KEUzDpXrBA0
youtube.com/watch?v=XYI7PKg1fp4
youtube.com/watch?v=q0zxbRYu_2g
youtube.com/watch?v=DnO7ywMPbJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=jyJU2136ym4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they should have saved all those quality B-sides for the 3rd proper studio album instead of just putting them out on singles desu
if they did that, be here now would have been as acclaimed as the first two albums

youtube.com/watch?v=0Ivt_3GFYP4

still the gallaghers' finest moment

G O D L I K E

youtube.com/watch?v=zlZ_rAH2K50

youtube.com/watch?v=W3jN1Wgs8T0

youtube.com/watch?v=iFvkms978U0

Masterplan is
Then this one

I agree w/ you OP

Don't see how anyone could sincerely think it's better than Definitely Maybe. Or Morning Glory really since it's literally just MG with the cocaine amped up to 11. But especially DM

TY bb

Personally I just like the sound more and for once the lyrics actually mean something, they touch on Oasis itself, the Gallagher family and living in the moment. It's simultaneously their most optimistic and most cynical album.

Fuck off Montie

>and for once the lyrics actually mean something
Really? I feel like Rock n Roll Star and Cigarettes and Alcohol are the only songs in the entire catalogue that capture any kind of meaning. 'being a rockstar is cool' and 'life up north on the dole is shit'. Everything else is just variations of the same sappy love song or meaningless attempts to be psychedelic a la 'I Am the Walrus'

Check this out
thequietus.com/articles/21162-oasis-be-here-now-review-anniversary

>he believes the critics

Have you ever listened to Morning Glory or Be Here Now? That's not what most of the lyrics are like at all

DM got old pretty quickly. MG is great but BHN and Masterplan are more interesting imo.

But really I like all their records. Dumb catchy loud rock music.

>mfw it's my favorite album of all time

definitely maybe was the best oasis album lyrics-wise, not because noel was a better lyricist then but because songs like rock n roll star and supersonic and slide away are given weight by understanding what shitty living conditions the band members were in when they wrote those songs, what dead-end lives they were living.

youtube.com/watch?v=3aatEBIZHNU

it's the idealism which carries the whole thing.

DUDE

Exactly, not all music has to make you want to die to be good and/or have soundwaves that form the Mona Lisa when you graph them. There are so many elitists on this goddamn board.

Hell yeah, it's so optimistic it's amazing that a couple of poor abused kids from a cold ass part of England could make it

But the cocaine is literally the reason why it's better.

wouldn't coke or alcohol be a more fitting stimulant for a BHN listening session though

Kek has blessed the Oasis thread

I love you man no joke

yeah I don't understand what noel is writing about now or where he gets the inspiration

falling in love at first sight in some bar? what? the guy is middle aged and married with kids.

his best lyrics came from being working class and later on as a drug addicted mess rockstar falling apart from the stress. everything else he's ever written has been nonsense.

I usually mix alcohol and marijuana when I listen to it.

OP here, I'm currently peaking on some DXM listening to this shit

The thing I love about it is its so dense that I hear something new each time I listen to it. I slip into a different groove. Sometimes I concentrate on one of the guitar solo or the drums or other times vocals. There's just so much going on.

Same here, and I love the lyrics here too and the overall optimism it gives me

based album

I kek'd

underrated single desu

youtube.com/watch?v=DrARl0dzd-0

heard it yesterday for the first time in ages, got me in a properly wistful and nostalgic mood

STAND BY ME NOBODY KNOWOWOWOOSSS THE WAY ITS GONNA BE

Still great tunes.

youtube.com/watch?v=3VekcdXxtzU

That's from Morning Glory but still good senpai

What's your opinion on Heathen Chemistry? It's actually my second favorite album tbqh. It's very Beatles-esque. It feels like the hangover to Be Here Now's party.

DM and WTSMG are rightfully hailed as two of the greatest records of all time but something about Heathen Chemistry hits me in the right spot.

To be completely honest with you I've only listened all the way through DM, WTSMG, BHN and The Masterplan but I like a couple songs off Heathen Chemistry and I'm now going to listen to it.

oh i know, i just felt like mentioning it for some reason

whenever people talk about oasis' early run of singles they seem to single out roll with it as one of the weaker ones, IIRC even the band said that it was a bit of a throwaway track for them

youtube.com/watch?v=J1kVXxyvvOk

I didn't know this was a real quote. Poor bloke.

Wtf is that gamepad

It was the song that started their battle against Blur

It was released in the same week as Country House

Whilst this thread gets coked and ket'd up I'll join you in posting melodic Noel

youtube.com/watch?v=JmOfEYBIuKQ

youtube.com/watch?v=hPdRRfWpOQI

youtube.com/watch?v=KEUzDpXrBA0

INTO MY BIG MOUTH
YEAH YOU COULD FLY A PLANE

youtube.com/watch?v=XYI7PKg1fp4

His B-side/demo discography is arguably better than his studio.

Be here now was better as a live act, it was so energetic.
It is a underrated album for sure. I love the title track with every part of my being.
also I like the remaster

It's not for everyone. Go into it with an open mind.

Also, Dig Out Your Soul is a must listen as well.

Can I smoke weed with you please

Please please let me do drugs with you

Ill let you take a hit of my dick

It was the album that killed britpop and got BTFO by way superior Urban Hymns which is also bloated as fuck, but at least it has some of the best singles of the 90s

Keypad for Xbox One.

One-hit wonder britpop.

Please drop your shitty shitty shitty trip code butch

Ok

Would they have broken in America for good if Liam didn't make a mockery of these two performances?

youtube.com/watch?v=q0zxbRYu_2g

youtube.com/watch?v=DnO7ywMPbJ4

kys

Typical britpop fan.

For once I agree with a tripfag

Typical contrarian who likes poseur and weeaboo shit

Typical britpop fan part two: generica boogaloo.

>contrarian
AKA "anyone who disagrees with me, ever."
>poseur and weeaboo shit
What ?

>Implying the Verve ever made anythi
ng better than Be Here Now or the big two

anyone who actually tries to claim an oasis album other than definitely maybe or what's the story is their best album is being a contrarian. you cannot be taken seriously.

literally wrong. I'm not being a contrarian

Please fuck off you elitist

Fuck off already cunt
You never contribute anything

God I hate tripfags

and newfags wtf

as opposed to figuratively wrong?

fuck off retard.

>killed britpop

What did he mean by this?

>The Verve

Oh he's just a fucking retard nevermind

nah, liam's antics only made the band even more interesting to the kids and the american press
oasis' commercial momentum in the US was killed by be here now's lack of concise and immediate potential hits
even the radio edits of those songs lasted for like 5 minutes, and that sort of thing just doesn't fly on US radio

Go listen to Grimes or K-pop or whatever bullshit you like and fuck off out of this thread

Further support for the definition of "contrarian" presented here "Elitist" is not a pejorative phrase and is only used as such when someone is insecure that they are not a member of the elite.

Demonstrably false. Anyone who isn't new knows this.

>God I hate tripfags

yeah no thanks you fucking faggot.

i've forgotten more about music than you'll ever know.

FUCK. OFF. YOU ARE THE WORST TRIPFAG ON THIS BOARD. WHY DO YOU EVEN USE A TRIPCODE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

>Further support for the definition of "contrarian" presented here
Except my favorite Oasis album is What's the Story. And if someone disagreed and thought Definitely Maybe was their best, I wouldn't argue. It makes sense.

Be Here Now? Masterplan? Fuck out of here. The people who say that bullshit claim to prefer Peter Green Fleetwood Mac to Rumours era Fleetwood Mac

I'm Paul Mccartney.

See how we can make bullshit statements on an anonymous imageboard? It doesn't make you any more correct.

The Masterplan>Definitely Maybe>What's the Story>Be Here Now>Dig Out Your Soul>everything else

Personal top 5 Oasis tracks
Listen Up
Don't Look Back in Anger
Morning Glory
Underneath The Sky
Supersonic

Side note: The Supersonic documentary was very well made. It's good they covered it from the Gallaghers childhood up to the Knebworth gig but I would've been interested in a in depth talk about the break up.

There are actual reasons to prefer Be Here Now. Just because I disagree with you doesn't make me a contrarian

No there are not.

Go get your shinebox lad

Oasis are one of my favourite bands, my personal favourite albums aren't to impress anyone and they certainly aren't to impress you.

Now fuck off, filtered.

You need to either settle down or migrate back to . Speak like an adult.

Typical britpop fan part three: the untermensch strike back.

>Except my favorite Oasis album is What's the Story. And if someone disagreed and thought Definitely Maybe was their best, I wouldn't argue.
That doesn't refute my premise, as you have already stated that either album is an acceptable choice.

>claim to prefer Peter Green Fleetwood Mac to Rumours era Fleetwood Mac
I don't know anybody besides my mother who ever cared about Fleetwood Mac, so that analogy is lost on me.

>The Masterplan>Definitely Maybe>What's the Story
Someone ban this tosser

>go get your shinebox

Who actually says things like this? Like what kind of person are you in real life? Holy fuck

>I don't know anybody besides my mother who ever cared about Fleetwood Mac
That's because you don't know anybody else at all you fucking loser

Serious question, why do you use a tripcode?

cocaine is one hell of a drug

>likes Fleetwood Mac
>Thinks his opinion matters

...or I just choose not to consort with the same low-brow types as you. You sound self-centered.

Serious question: why are you obsessing over me ?

How Oasis would've been the GOATs:
1. Stop releasing half of your best songs as B-sides
2. The Masterplan should've been album number three
3. Give all the songs on Be Here Now the 2016 D'you Know What I Mean?-treatment: youtube.com/watch?v=jyJU2136ym4
4. Kill Liam post 2000

>Why are you obsessing over me

So THAT'S why you use a tripcode, narcissism

>4. Kill Liam post 2000

have we laughed at beady eye yet this thread

Yes, instead you consort with pedophiles and transsexuals who listen to Vampire Weekend and The Strokes. Certainly very high brow.

Fleetwood Mac is GOAT classic rock faggots

And another thread ruined by elitist tripfags

These guys are in here discussion Oasis and they think they're too high brow for Fleetwood Mac

LMAO.

>"Elitist" is not a pejorative phrase and is only used as such when someone is insecure that they are not a member of the elite.
>Typical britpop fan part three: the untermensch strike back.

Oh God I can hear the sounds of your fedora tipping

Noel planned to remaster all songs on BHN but he eventually just gave up

What are your top 5 favorite albums right now?

The Verve are automatically better than Oashit for their early shoegaze material

How can one man be so wrong?

>1. Stop releasing half of your best songs as B-sides

a shitload of the big british pop bands of the 90s did this, i have no idea why
suede have the same situation as oasis do in that arguably their best album is a collection of b-sides
funnily enough, both bands also burned out at around the same time

>3. Give all the songs on Be Here Now the 2016 D'you Know What I Mean?-treatment:

this was the plan for the BHN reissue that came out recently but they gave up after doing d'you know what i mean because there were too many tracks to sift through lel

>Oasis
>britpop

top meme

they were a 90s revival of rock and roll

Anonymous posters: [constant badgering and obsessing over Friendo]
Friendo: Why are you obsessing over me ?
Anonymous: A-ha ! Caught you, narcissist !
Friendo: What ?

I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you feeling okay ?

Uh, okay. Post some then.

A picture of a silly man wearing a silly hat ? Is this the best that britpop fans can do ?

Typical britpop fan part four: generica esoterica et cetera

Suede comeback albums were actually pretty good