Hey Sup Forums i recently got fl studio and im working on a new song...

Hey Sup Forums i recently got fl studio and im working on a new song... if you guys are willing to hear and give honest opinions, I'll post a sound cloud link

also general fl studio production thread

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-222271159/froots-first-wip
soundcloud.com/1-34-a/andromeda
soundcloud.com/meshhomelife/stop-me-if-you-heard-the-nintendo-depeche-mode-remix-before
soundcloud.com/blackkdiamondzz/blackkdiamondzz-savage/s-MbpEH
youtube.com/watch?v=becYdA9Pdao
soundcloud.com/overclouded/mountain-electronics
soundcloud.com/user-435140146/marin-chillic
soundcloud.com/jayjh1993
soundcloud.com/carbonsix6
soundcloud.com/user-222271159/sampling-test-thing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whts the difference betwen that and Logic pro?

Go advertise somewhere else nigger

as far as I'm concerned , logic pro has more support towards acoustic sounds and inputs whilst fl studio focuses more on electro sounds
(of course its all up to the musician on what he makes)

Just post the link so we can judge you faggot

soundcloud.com/user-222271159/froots-first-wip

here you go then
have fun

Give us the link m8

I dont know what you try to do exactly but i think its ok
7/10

its aight

Its good stuff but change the hi hat and kick drum sound 10/10

its pretty chill but somwtimes too random
7/10

-Fruity Loops is easier to use and better.
-Best "Drum Computer"
-Old DeadMau5

I forgot to mention the Sampling, so much easier.

gotta lot of potential, kiddo

anyone else here who produces apart from op?

bass drum a little too overpowering. high-pass that shit a bit .rain ambience is also a tad too loud, but it's nice. when it first comes in, don't have it come in randomly and cut everything, maybe keep the bass drum going and fade in the rain like you did the second time it comes in and just keep it throughout the second half of the song. instead of randomly speeding up the song and cutting, try using key changes for the mood shifts. this isn't Sup Forums, don't do stupid random shit. it's not pleasing to the 90% of the population that isn't pretentious.

Ruined after 1:16

I does

Sounds like this could've been in GTA 3

thanks user, i'll be sure to work on those right now

Op I will be straight with you, your music is interesting but yet lacking. It has melody and good frequencies which means you have talent.

Fade the rain in. Over this chill beat, It's a gentle storm not a fucking monsoon.

If this is an early effort I think It will be two years until you produce something that you and the rest of the world can call "good"; and three until you could get recognized.

I hope you do not give up, if this really track one than track 100 will sound great and track 500 will be the hit of the future. Keep it up.

As said I think your kick drums are a little washy, not necessarily bad but I would prefer a more substantive and clear sound; I like your high-hats and think they should be more dominant/louder. In fact I feel that percussive melodies could tie your track together.

Whatever you take into account keep it up.

Make more music.

soundcloud.com/1-34-a/andromeda Shameless self promotion.
Also this is purty good, productions a little stiff but I enjoyed the piano.

soundcloud.com/meshhomelife/stop-me-if-you-heard-the-nintendo-depeche-mode-remix-before

Here's some crazy nintendo thing I made

This has ALOT of potential. I cant wait to have you as one of my favorite artist in 2 years. Please dont give up 8/10

So IMO this kick in the first part is a little to loud and you should try to play with disort to make it smoother. The rest is pretty nice, reminds me of Joji beats

damn, this brought back some pretty nostalgic feels... aside from that,i think you picked the perfect vocals to mix together, you did pretty good with the melodies too
as one of the comments said, its great ambiance music, perfect to go out into the woods and stay there for a while... keep at it man

ill ruin the thread with my shit: soundcloud.com/blackkdiamondzz/blackkdiamondzz-savage/s-MbpEH

thats actually what i was trying to go for
thanks user

You should make the bass stronger and give the snare some more place, the rest is pretty good tho, I liked it

that kind of beat drop is my guilty pleasure, though id prefer it be a bit more harsh

i made one awhile back too..well i started to then got bored. cant really go very far without a midi keyboard but i tried youtube.com/watch?v=becYdA9Pdao

alright. i think ill just duck the snare more to give it more space and amp up the bass on my master

is this thread still alive

i can only do so much with a distorded square wave ( i think i still have the massive patch i saved from the project)

yes

Since this stopped being an FL-exclusive thread after the second link soundcloud.com/overclouded/mountain-electronics

What's so strange about that? You thought that Sup Forums can only laugh at people, faggot?

no im asking so i can contribute.
it was near the bottom in the catalogue.

was gonna suggest op move to Studio One by presonus.

best daw ive ever used.

ive only used abelton and fl studio tho.
and mixcraft if that counts as a daw

soundcloud.com/user-435140146/marin-chillic

>which means you have talent.
nice positive meme

the first bit is good, needs a little more build up there but what the fuck happens after that rain man?

after the rain it's just like "oooooooookkaayyy where is this going?"

Oh, sorry in that case.
I've worked only in Ableton and FL, but I completely don't get them yet. Tho I've been 'working' in a music studio, as a producers assistant

>Tho I've been 'working' in a music studio, as a producers assistant
sounds badass.
how many hours do you get and whats the pay like?
also, how did you even come by this job? do u have any formal education in the field?

id say go with studio one. its extremely user friendly. hardly any learning curve but extremely powerful. thought its not industry standard so you might have problems trying to collaborate. it does support exporting stems and such though

Oh my God, this one is soooo gooooood! Keep it up, man, I love it

OP here
before getting FL
i started off with Abletone lite
with that i had made some piano oriented songs, nothing too good really...i plan on doing something much better and more grand with FL now that i got it

Yo that's good shit keep at it man

if anyone wants to hear what ive done on studio one daw
heres some of my work

soundcloud.com/jayjh1993

might as well share my soundcloud

i'm pretty new to producing as well

soundcloud.com/carbonsix6

i make retro electro, pls give feedback

i recommend nuclear, open, inside, and false accusations

It only sounds badass. I've made the apostrophes for some reason- it wasn't my job, I was 15 back then. I had no education for that, I was practising my music skills in a music school and they thought that I can be useful (my brother worked there and gave them info about me). I used to sit there for 3-4 hours daily after school and gave them tips about piano and guitar patterns (those were my main instruments in music school). I was paid 10zł (about 3$) per hour. I don't feel like it could help you tho, it wasn't casual situation.

OP, it's okay,though the quick and rough cut to the thunderstorm was odd, and also requires some bit of deeper bass.
It's like seeing a woman naked and getting a boner, then she shows you her dick and the erection goes to shit and your dick shrivels back inside you

....really? I gotta be the first one to say it?

>pic related

3$) per hour.
gosh thats horrible.
but shit man its the perfect situation to meet the right people and get the right connections.

the music industry is a very social thing. i dont think its possible to make it to the top on "talent" alone. its gonna take some hustling.

ive been thinking about handing cd's with my music and contact info on them to local djs at clubs and bars. i dont know how else to meet people in the industry.

I'd say Joji and Tyler were my 2 main inspirations for this

Pretty nice, I like that. It sounds chill

I fucking knew it.

thanks man.
i like to make music to smoke too.
maybe trip.

whats the tyler reference here?
im not understand

Anyone here make beats, like for rappers?

Check OPs link.

It wasn't so bad, can of coke costs ~2zł, so daily I could afford 5 by myself.
But you're right, it really is a social thing, and now I know a few djs in my city. They aren't worldwide known, tho they do really good job at the disco

at least talk soem shit on it. youtube.com/watch?v=becYdA9Pdao

shit dude its a start if you are really thinking about trying to make it in the industry.
gotta hustle though.

buy views, cheat and lie.
im afraid its the only way.

OP here
i also tried my hand at sampling with fl...
not so sure if this is the kinda stuff that can be rapped to user but have a look at it anyways
soundcloud.com/user-222271159/sampling-test-thing

Dual track your saws and get waves

maybe if the rapper was rapping a message to children about tolerance.

ending was a lil strange

Lol that ending id chop the shit of that first part and loop it 93bpm

1.) Go to Sup Forums with that shit. They have a general called /prod/. Post it in there, where it is accepted and encouraged. Plus you'll get better feedback from other producers who know wtf they're talking about. What you should change, what's good, what's bad, etc.

2.) FL Studio is basically a $100 toy. Get Reaper or Pro Tools or some shit like that.

Or an FL crack

nobody ever has an opinion on studio one.
ill suggest it just one more time to op.

Thanks for the tip. I have been video editing for years but now I think I should get into audio.

Well I think it's time I head to bed... Thank you all for your suggestions and help
I'll be sure to improve on the song and maybe post a new thread with the completed work

Goodnight sweet prince