Is Work the best pop song of 2016?

Is Work the best pop song of 2016?

it's not even a good song period. so no.

More like workst am I right? :D

what's your favorite can album?

It's one of the worst songs I've ever heard in my entire life.

>le fedora meme
>this is going to be my response because I have nothing to of substance to say

just when you thought memerap poptimists couldn't top their faggotry they pull out a dead reddit meme

you are reddit, I hope you know that. I saw your post and all I could repeat to myself was "this is reddit, this is memes" under my breath and paced in a circle until I calmed myself down.

It's the worst one

no, 24k magic is

It's actually not bad or cringe at all. Idk why people expect more from a pop song. I'm just surprised she did literal karaoke over Tame Impala, like wtf

my nigga

Tame Impala is trash too

Pop once had standards. Pet Sounds is fucking pop

Just because something is made with a commercial mindset does not excuse poor craftsmanship or quality

Drake and Beyoncé and Rihanna are fucking awful garbage

Future days

That guy was a faggot for sure, but I'm concerned with how worked up you're getting over this user.

I think it's hyperbolic sarcasm, but who knows. I don't want to estimate the autistry of Sup Forums.

I haven't even listened to it.

Can't be that good cannit?

You know the people who wrote and produced Work created some pop hits in the 80's too? Including the successful, critically acclaimed Velvet Rope album by Janet Jackson?

The instrumental of "Work" uses an interpolation of Alexander Oneal's "If You Were Here Tonight"

This is so le wrong generation it's painful

Rihanna is beautiful though

She kept her natural African features, unlike Beyonce

You'd by shocked by how bad it is.

Sup Forums has descended to ripping on top 40 hits? jeez!

It's really not that bad, just repetitive.
I like complex and varied instrumentals and fuller production but it does its job

Yeah, feels like ever since we started to record music, it's been the same ever since. Every genre has been explored already or it feels that strangely. Anyone can record their own shit on a phone. It feels weird to suggest that you don't like any moder music,past the 2010s, past the rock and roll era, the old school hip hop just are examples.

if you say the words le wrong generation in front of me I will go into an autistic fit of rage and bite you

do you understand me you reddit memerap faggot nu male

24k magic bitch.

eventually this board will realize lil bruno's genius

That's incredibly false. 60's and 80's music is not the same. 80's and 90's music is similar. 90's and 00's music is not the same but has some similarites. 10's and 00's music is similar. 10's and 80's music has some similarities. 10's and 60's music has some similarites. however 80s and 60s music didnt have that much similarities. Proof

It`s Starboy desu

Well I'm glad you like it, honestly.

yep desu

WA WA WA WA WA
#slayyyy #yasssssriri

...Once Bruno goes to Prince route, starts marketing himself as a sexy and prettyboy pop singer, and the media rips him shreds we'll come to him...

It's gonna happen, give it a year or two

I actually dont really like it but I see its appeal lol

I came here to post this

*rips him to shreds

pure pop pleasure

LOL fair enough. I guess I kind of see the appeal too, in a weird sort of way.

Haha, yeah it's basically Caribbean reggae mixed in with 80s metro funk

>little mermaid's soundtrack

Yeah man, I have no problem with the instrumentals and production but the extremely repetitive vocals just really turn me off.

ugh, work is awful

this is what you came for is actually quite enjoyable as top 40 goes so i'm especially confused as to why you'd make a thread about work

>Work is one of TMTs top 50 tracks of the year
music journalism is deader than ever.

oh wait no yeah i have heard this before.

Yeah this is shit OP fuck you

but paid advertising is lively as can be!

I don't understand why that's necessary when it got a shitton of radio play.

i love that album but kek

Are your jimmies rustled

it's surprising in how it sticks to conventional dancehall tropes, it has a catchy hook, and it's fun to dance to. For these reasons it's probably my favorite pop song from 2016.
this thread so far has been people using shitty strawmen without actually discussing the work.

>tfw this is probably a decent guy who just wanted to get a nice picture of himself in his new hat for his facebook profile or something
>tfw he became a meme

he looks like a high elf from oblivion

lol saved

rihanna is a curious case

every other single is a pop masterpiece, towering above all her contemporaries, and the one after it is always dick-punchingly awful. this one falls squarely under "pish", though i've warmed to it a bit. drake can fuck off though

rihanna's greatest hits album is gonna be one wild ride. strange that there hasn't been one yet

damn i hate this fucking song so much, one of the worst shits i have ever heard. but i like the way rihanna moves her hips in the video so idc.

yeah she has some nice tunes and some awful ones.

If you're gay

nah, gay guys like good pop music.

It's impossible to name one good pop song that came out this year.