I work 3 days a week (Friday-Sunday) and make about 1k every 2 weeks...

I work 3 days a week (Friday-Sunday) and make about 1k every 2 weeks. Im not a fan of working weekends but the job is super easy cause I sit down and just bullshit usually. Its a grave shift so like 7pm-3 or 4am so i miss out doing stuff on weekends with fiends(if I had any). Should I get a real job or career working 9-5 Monday though Friday. Keep in mind I dont get health benefits or vacation days but I can usually just ask for days off in advance and get them if I need to. I have been thinking about this now for almost 2 years if I should get rid of the easy job and try for a real career

>gimme your thoughts

If you really want it (and have been thinking about this for 2 years), then I think you should do it. Worst case, you'll have to ask your current boss whether you may get your job back.

If you're still doing this job in 5 or 10 years you will want to kill yourself.

do you have a degree?

Good thing about this job is the time it allows you to do things to better your situation. If you don't have a degree, start taking night classes or even day classes toward getting one. Figure out what you want to do then get after it

it took about a year to work into the position of where I am cause they job is sought after where I work so if I leave it I wont be able to go back to it. I dont know what career to get though and I think I would have to work much harder to get the same pay and more hours on top of that. I working about 21-25 hours a week usually

I have no idea what I wanna do and I have been looking at things but I just dont wanna be breaking my back over the same or even less pay

no degree also

>1k every 2 weeks
You cant do better you faggot

dont know if this is saying you honestly cant do better or if its patronizing saying I could do better

I work about 70 hours a week and am in school full time. I may approx $800-900 a week.

I would say, if you can, start going to community college on the side, and then if it feels right, transfer to an university, if not, just get out with your associates degree.

I was with you till that part about the associates degree

Dude, you live in a world that requires work. It's just how life is. The only thing that is a guarantee in life is that you have to work to make money. Nobody owes you a damn thing. Get to work.

what good would an associates degree get though. I have talked to a few people who own business and they have all told me they do no have degrees at all and Ive also heard that degrees arnt what they were worth anymore. I dont wanna put 4 years into a degree that will have me in the same spot as I am now but with a huge amount of debt

Eh? I mean, I pay $1700 a semester for the CC I go to, I just pay cash.

Ok nvm you don't have the desire.

You better Keep your job and hope maybe you get hit by a wealthy drunk driver so you can sue him.

Enjoy your life with:
>a shitty car
>a shitty apartment
>no gf
>generic food because you can't afford the good stuff
>that moment when you turn 60 and you realize you have no $ in the bank

i relise this and im not lazy in the least but if you had the option to get the same pay for less work would you not do it?

Its mainly if I would be happier working a 9-5 with health benefits rather than working 3 days at a grave shift with no weekends or vacation. I was just hoping for some other peoples views on it

I'd say keep your weekend job and pick up another and go to school during the week. Maximize the time you have.

If I had he option to work less for the same pay I would do it. And then do MORE work on my new-found free time to make more money. I already do that now. I have a ft job and I do contract work on the side. Making 1.5 salaries is how you get ahead, bro

if I didnt have desire wouldnt I just be happy doing the same thing im doing now?

its mainly if its a waste of time or not. I could go to a trade school like a electrician and then eventually open my own company after a while . Laziness if not the issue here. I mainly had the weekend job to make ez cash and fuck around for a while but its getting old

So go to trade school and become an electrician.

Coasting is fine when you're young but next minute you're pushing 30 and you've got fuck all to show for it, and a decade of half-arsed work for a resume.
I fucked around for almost all of my 20's and it was mostly pretty great, but it's really impossible to dick around in your 30's and expect to hold on to any sense of self-esteem or dignity.
You've already admitted that you know you could be making more of an effort. At some point in your future you'll be forced to make more effort or accept a substandard life. Better to do it sooner. This is what I would tell my younger self, but instead I will tell you.

this is the post that I needed to read. Thanks user

always here for you Sup Forumsro