I'm sorry but id this supposed to be good? It's hardly listenable

I'm sorry but id this supposed to be good? It's hardly listenable

what music would pudas jriest play

It's just circus music

What music do you usually listen to, op?

Are you looking at this from a 2016 or a 1978 perspective? Because I mean, stuff that was groundbreaking in its time doesn't necessarily seem so almost 40 years later.

it's a great album

it's proto heavy metal so ofc is going to sound a bit "outdated"

>proto heavy metal
It's pure heavy metal. Go back to your deathcore, kiddo.

Production was thin as fuck though; they didn't get a good, fulsome sound until Hell Bent For Leather.

Sure but i can still enjoy Neil Young or Jefferson Airplane or LL Cool J's albums pretty fully all these years later.

This is so dated it's unlistenable, or maybe just unlistenable. Lol, the cover makes it look so much cooler than it is. Just fucking power riffs. It sounds like 13 year olds in their bedrooms

Whut? Jefferson Airplane and LL Cool J are not the best examples of music that's aged well.

That's the fucking point. Their music sounds "dated" from an exterior perspective, but you can still really get into it and be moved by it. It's got that freshness

This doesn't

Thread should have ended here.

>Just fucking power riffs.
wdhmbt

Get off of Sup Forums, Christgau.

is this site full of loser teens who listen to power metal or something?

Priest always kinda overdid it with the campy metal cliches desu.

>implying they didn't invent those cliches and that they were cliches in 1978

I think it's aged a little better than SWOD and Sin After Sin, although there's obviously dated moments like White Heat, Red Hot.

One does give credit to thrash bands for putting some serious lyrics back in metal and not cartoony songs about space monsters and Satan.

Well, not so much Slayer.

If you listen to the early thrash albums like KEA, they are mostly cheesy metal cliches but then you start getting the darker songs about nuclear war and social injustice.

Heading Out To The Highway is pretty good desu. It remains mostly tasteful and has decent, non-cheesy lyrics.

That's probably because it was engineered for the radio.

Priest cheesified up when they wanted to get American money. But Stained Class does have dark stuff on it too like Beyond The Realms of Death.