There are people on this board RIGHT NOW that unironically believe this is better than The Dark Knight

>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW that unironically believe this is better than The Dark Knight

You can't make this shit up.

On one hand, it's obviously not. On the other hand, can you really compare the two?

People are making the comparison. It baffles my mind. TDK is legit cinema, Civil War is dumbed down trash.

But it is

I haven't seen Civil War.

Convince me to.

What do you like in your movies?

Even though it's nowhere near as good as TDK, it is still better than the average Marvel movie. Not a big achievement but that's something at least.

It is better. Actually.

Shows you cannot appreciate true kino.

Civil War actuallt accomplishes what Watchmen failed to. By showing how superheroes can turn on each other. It didn't need a godlike character or a convoluted plan to halt a world war, just a simple issue as personal relations and secrets held can cause divisions.

Cap is a disgraced hero at the end of Civil War. But still a hero: he prevented Tony from committing outright murder.

B A I T
A
I
T

Here's your (You).

Civil War is a lot better than that grimdark, snoozefest trash that is TDK. It's boring, hackneyed, naifish, philosophy is incredibly out of place in a movie where a man dressed as a bat interrogates a man dressed as a clown. it need moments of levity to relieve the audience of its' constant pathos. Instead, Nolan doubled down and didn't let the audience or his film come into its' own at all. It also might've been impressive at the time, but in an age of fun family friendly films with talking raccoons, it's self importance doesn't hold up

Awful bait.

>TDK is carried by Ledger and the Bank Manager..

The movie completely falls apart in the third act. Batman taking the fall for Two-Face was the dumbest asspull in any capeshit in ages.

Even Iron Man 3's Mandarin "twist" was less rage inducing than the contrived logic Nolan/Goyer used. They wanted to end it on a "downer" note so badly and not drop that SO WE'LL HATE HIM speech so much they didn't realize the logic didn't make sense.

The Dark Knight Rises is a joke.
The Winter Soldier is better than TDK.

Nah, Batman will always be true capekino.

Civil War (just like Avengers and just like Age of Ultron) will be forgotten by the time the next cookie cutter sequel rolls round, it does nothing to separate itself from every other Marvel flick whereas TDK stands on its own as a true cinematic achievement ranked in every prestigous list as not only THE best Capeshit movie of all time but one of THE best movies of all time.

BvS sucked dick, Man of Steel sucked dick but TDK is what all capeshit movies aspire to be,

tdk is carried by one performance (by a guy who then died) that overshadows its flaws, from a director whos problems werent as badly exposed until his next works; tdk still suffers from them and benefits in the public consciousness not just because of the aforementioned, but also the sociopolitical "relevance" of the time it was released and the target audience/slightly too forgiving fanbase.

despite lacking the one performance, star trek 2009 is actually the obvious parallel here.

anyway, begins is slightly better and civil war (not great either) is about even with begins.

sorry to break it to you user

>if I say a movie has flaws it means that the movie actually has flaws

Eat shit, every capeshit list has TDK on the top for a reason.

>Civil War (just like Avengers and just like Age of Ultron) will be forgotten by the time the next cookie cutter sequel rolls round, it does nothing to separate itself from every other Marvel flick whereas TDK stands on its own as a true cinematic achievement ranked in every prestigous list as not only THE best Capeshit movie of all time but one of THE best movies of all time

this is b8, TDK was only highly regarded in a vacuum because Heath Ledger's over praised performance clouded the public conscious of it at the time. Without his death, people would've seen the narrative and the philosophical inconsistency that is TDK.

Even though Civil war can tread dark, the fact that it never delves deeper into anything as dismal as TDK tells you that the Russo bros know how to balance a high stakes blockbuster with personal humor. Civil War is literally everything someone would want in a summer blockbuster

>using a consensus as a reference point

more embarrassing than my failing to point out specifics that should be self-evident to people who actually belong on this board

if this isnt bait (it almost has to be) seriously consider killing yourself

> TDK was only highly regarded in a vacuum because Heath Ledger's over praised performance clouded the public conscious of it at the time

That's one more good performance than Civil War has. Or does Robert Downey Jr playing as Robert Downey Jr equate to a "good performance" in your book?

>still can't point out flaws

Heed your own advice and make sure you film it

TDK is the Godfather 2 of cape flicks
TDKR is the Godfather 3

BvS is more like the Highlander 2 of cape flicks

Is this b8? almost everyone in Civil War was more captivating than Heath Ledger
>Boseman as black panther
>RDJ as Iron Man
>Evans as Captain America
>Tom Holland as Spiderman
>Daniel Bruh as Zemo

all played their roles much better than Ledger
>muh oscar
the only reason he got nominated, let alone won was because he died.

the flaws of the film are extremely obvious btw, from the jarring hard cuts, to the moral questions that Nolan raises, but can't handle, unlike the russo bros who showed that they could easily handle a savvy political thriller perfectly in WS

It's far better than the TDK, and here is why.

The Dark Knight is a clusterfuck snoozefest that took me three times to fully watch through, as the first two times I just turned it off because I was bored. It has an unengaging story of which is only slightly redeemed by Heath Ledger's joker. And let's be real here, if he hadn't died this "TDK is good" meme would never have sprung to life.

Civil War on the other end is not particularly deep, but it doesn't pretend to be either like TKD. It has great action (far better than the TKD), interesting characters (far more interesting than TKD), some decent humor/quips and a somewhat engaging background story. I'm not going to pretend it's a Kubrick film but everybody who watched it really enjoyed it, the box office and reviews speak for itself.

It's fun.

Don't waste your time.
Retarded plot.
Bad direction.
Out of character characters.
Overall uninteresting.

I saw TDK in theaters and I enjoyed it back then. I also completely ignored all MCU movies until after I saw MoS.
Kinda regret my decisions.

>Out of character characters
Explain further.

Just

>is this b8
>goes on to spout more b8

Call me when an actor from Civil War wins an oscar

>hurr durr, oscar doesn't mean anything! I'm right and they're all wrong!

>the oscars are a solid gauge of film quality

go ahead and tell me how good of a film Crash and The Artist are. Also go ahead and defend Nic Cage having an oscar.

Face it, Civil War is a fun film with enough levity to balance out its grittier moments. obly try-hard meme lords think the joker or anything "deep" happened in TDK. Civil war knows its a cape film and has fun with it while still telling a satisfying story

Civil War is the superior film because it has fight scenes where you actually see the punches land. Batman moves like he has arthritis. The only good part of TDK is the batpod scene. Everything else is shit.

Why thank you

Except I am sincere.

This movie is literally capekino

Tony, that is usually all for taking matters in his own hands and never thrusting anyone else, the same Tony that as first thing hacked the helicarrier to know everything about shield, is now all for having someone else decide for him just to ease his coscience because a dindu died.
Also at the end giving in to rage for when Bucky killed his parents, even though he knew perfectly well that he was brainwashed at the time.
Also, Tony, the tony that usually knows everything, being surprised at how the UN jail for superpowered individuals is a jail.

Cap that has always been about personal sacrificec for the greater good and has always been pro-state is now an anarchist just because his friend is in danger.

Widow sidig with Tony, justified by a oneliner "you usually don't trust government" "people change".

Those are the biggest offenders for me, but there were other little things that felt off, like Clint, the family man, getting back from retirement where he was perfectly safe, to side with cap, putting himself in danger and leaving his family behind.

Agreed. The Winter Solder was pretty great. And I got more tension from the captains orders scene than in The Drak Knight or the Dark knight rises

by this definition rocky is the best movie ever made

We'll see.

Next year

It kind of is.

Your point?

even 2, 3, 4 and 5?

>Tony, that is usually all for taking matters in his own hands and never thrusting anyone else, the same Tony that as first thing hacked the helicarrier to know everything about shield, is now all for having someone else decide for him just to ease his coscience because a dindu died.
It's almost as if he'd had something like character development over these movies.
>Cap that has always been about personal sacrificec for the greater good and has always been pro-state is now an anarchist just because his friend is in danger.
It's almost like Hydra had infiltrated the last authority he submitted to.
>"people change"
They do.
>Clint, the family man, getting back from retirement where he was perfectly safe, to side with cap, putting himself in danger and leaving his family behind
Well what do you know, he helped out a friend.

Ugh, adults watch this stuff? Cringed hard.

Can't we just ban all superhero talk on this sub?

yes, you can clearly see all of the action unlike in the quick cuts in nolan films and all of the rocky films are incredibly realistic

>what is character development
Especially in Tony's case.
And if you really think the dindu dying is what changed Tony's mind (note that there's only been one movie between Age of Ultron and Civil War, and that's Ant-Man) then you're fucking retarded.
Bucky is the only link to Cap's past after Peggy died, and his best friend.
Widow is unloyal, what else is new.

>incredibly realistic
I laugh at you, user. I laugh at you.

Except none of the previous film had any sign of character development at the end, instead they just shove it all down your throat in this movie, with no gradual change.

>people boxing is unrealistic

You're not being serious. You're just baiting me.

you are implying that realistic fight scenes make the movie
why is Sup Forums 12?

>Except none of the previous film had any sign of character development
>He says, while insinuating that capeshit is stupid, not realizing the irony in his words
There's been a ton of character development for Tony that began from the first Iron Man.
You being too dumb to notice is not a detriment of the film.

I've been baiting this entire thread.

civil war is okay for a blockbuster, but like most marvel films, looks like a tv movie and can usually only be re-watched once. all of the noland bat films are better+ Snyder has done more interesting work, if not uneven, than most marvel films.

Rocky 4 is the most rewatchable rocky, because it's so over the top

It is though

Civil War is a very good cape movie on par with TDK

Oh fuck off. And Im not baiting.

The Rocky movies were pretty great. Especially the first one.

And Civil War is great. If it is to be remembered, it will be remembered for being a game changer, for showing how the Avengers can be divided.

Snyder's most memorable work was 300. Watchmen was polarizing. I liked it, and I liked Man of Steel. But to me, MoS is about as good as Thor. Just woth larger epic collateral damage.

And BvS is outright shit. And undermined everything MoS tried to do.

>Liking a movie is Subjective
>Some movies are objectively better
>Civil War was built up on a stack of good - okay movies
>TDK was built on one
>Civil war has moments where the cgi sucked
>mostly the RDJ head on cgi Ironman suit
> CW was still better objectively than MOS and BVS
>Hitting Objective goals like Critical Rating, Audience rating and Gross
You can't make this shit up

Eh there are sometimes where Rdj's head doesn't match with the CGI suit and is distractingly badly cgi'd but yeah on par

Civil War, to me, was all about the spectacle on the big screen.
Marvel movies look like TV shows when you watch them at home.
The Dark Knight has so much more rewatchability.
I think they're both good movies but Civil War won't be remembered as being genre defining or for its performances.

The head even looks off in the OP's picture

Is RDJ a head in a jar and they're trying to hide it?

Civil war is shit. The one death you think they're going to give you to actually make the movie a little tense a) is to some guy who's Tony's friend and doesn't even really matter b) doesn't even actually happen and c) Tony's all sad for about 5 minutes.

If you actually look at the movie, tony and captain America were trying to kill each other for about 6 minutes of screen time. Everything else that happened was just superheroes having a little roughhousinng!

And th movie ends on some sort of high note. When does tony decide he's alright with Rodgers? I think audience would probably like to see that moment.

It's a children's movie masquerading as a movie.

Viewers and critic say is better than Mod and BvS together

"When does tony decide he's alright with Rodgers?"
He doesn't hence why Cap is in Hiding at pimp king Wukanda man's house

"It's a children's movie masquerading as a movie."
No that's batman vs superman Civil War knows who it's audience is.

"Civil war is shit."
That is your subjective opinion the movie was an objective success

Back to posting memes faggot.

Rdj is smiling as he reads the letter at the end.

They're both children's movies and barely any different in their worth, which is somewhere between LOW and ZERO. That you're giving me box office as a sign of success is totally pathetic. Enjoy telling yourself you're a refined cinephile because you can taste the Tabasco in one pile of shit while another trucker ate cholula.

>Cap
>Pro state
Talked like someone who didn't watch winter soldier or read any comic of him after the 60s

I mean it is really really good for Marvel standarts imo. The sad thing is they could've stepped out of classic Marvel movie if they made this one a bit darker but of course not. I mean jokes and shit aside all this fight and no one gets really hurt? Rhodey got fucked but a couple of movies later Tony is going to plant something in his spine or some shit and he will be able to walk again.
MCU will always be like this after this movie i guess.

Clint has a debt of life towards the maximoff twins, he said in the movie he's there because he owes wanda

>Speaking of out of character
In begins batman kills Ras, in TDK batman doesnt kill joker

Why is civil war so grey looking ?

Everything is just grey concrete . Every international localation is grey concrete

My favorite part about these shitty movies is how quickly everything happens. Every single change is so fucking cheap. Tony goes from just dandy to pro-control after ONE woman tells him her son died as collateral damage. What the fuck? Then between tony saying Rodgers doesn't deserve the shield and the epilogue tony somehow forgives him and is smiling as he reads his letter? Jesus Christ. These people literally don't understand the word transition. The entire purpose of film is not showing the transition but rather showing WHY the character changes in some way. I can say A goes from happy to sad; that's fuckin easy. But if I don't give a solid reason for why he's changed, then the audience can't connect for shit. That's the problem with these worthless movies; they're too plot-centric, and it's tell not show around marvel-town.

WInter Soldier > TDK > Iron man 1> Civil War
Winter soldier is the best cape movie ever created

Jesus. Such dedicated bait.

>MARTHA! WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME
>Wow, DC is fucking dumbasses why use his mother as a plot point?

>YOU KILLED MY MOMMY
>Wow why did the Winter Soldier do that, I feel so sad for Tony ;_; 10/10

Justify this.

>mom plot
Dunno the rest, but my problem with that issue was using the first name and not actually "my mom"

Imagine I was brainwashed by an evil organization for 50 years to be their assassin salve and I killed a number of high profile targets. Imagine one of those targets was your mother.

Imagine your whole life went to shit because your parents were killed by me. And your life was fucked up as a result.

Now, imagine if I was standing to you right now, even though I'm no longer brainwashed. Would you want to kill me?

Dark knight hasnt aged that well. MCU has made it look kind of goofy and over the top.

Civil War is in a whole other tier. Is is, dare I say it, kino

Tony is justified in wanting to kill him but the fact that Bucky attacks Tony is dumb as fuck. Even if you didn't do it, how about being complacent to the guy who just witnessed his parents true deaths instead of trying to beat the shit out of him. Capt's defense of him is also unjustified as fuck. MUH FRIEND, yeah, your "friend" from 100 years ago who barely recognizes himself.

It doesn't matter anyways. Like with every Marvel movie in the last 5 minutes everyone's back to hugging each other.

The Dark Knight was massively overrated. So was Ledger's Joker. Deal with it.

>Tony goes from just dandy to pro-control
The guy spent the last Avengers movie building a computer which would take over responsibility for saving the world by controlling an army of drones. Now the UN is the computer, and the Avengers are the drones. But it's the same fundamental principle: he wants to take responsibility out of the hands of the individual, because he's so fundamentally flawed himself.

Agree that the ending was a bit too upbeat, though.

Bucky means a lot to cap, it's probably why they spent so long on Peggy's funeral and the ladding about in the lift

>from 100 years ago
His best friend from, from his point of view, a couple of months ago. Who he thought was dead, who is now alive and needs help.

It was self defense, and he tried to avoid the fight too and escape.

>the only reason he got nominated, let alone won was because he died.

I agree the dark knight hasn't aged well (outside ledger), but the MCU is pretty fucking crappy and isn't really the reason TDK looks mediocre now.

The Avengers universe has almost no good films.
Avengers 1 shit
Avengers 2 shit
Captain America movies ... pretty cringe
Thor movies... pretty cringe
Civil war will always follow the same format. There's never any sense of danger, ever. How can you be pulled into a movie where you literally know nothing bad will ever happen. Same thing in the Avenger movies. No matter what happens, nothing bad will happen. You cannot get emotionally invested into the movies or feel a threat or sense of danger, thus the movies are bad.

The only way it works is if you view them as light hearted comedies.. which they really aren't.

>pretty cringe
nice b8

Literally laughing my fucking ass off at the fact that you're even implying that Nolan can create cinema

>this is b8

I'm glad you admitted to posting bait. If you've been the same fag going on about Civil War... I was honestly starting to worry 4 u m8. Seriously thought you were mentally handicapped, and I'm using those words specifically because I honestly can't tell. If you are, then whatever. I hope you liked your $10+/- ticket to go see Tony Quips and Co. fly around on screen.

By some chance, if you are not actually mentally handicapped, then please stop shilling. You can praise a movie that you enjoyed all you want, but please stop discrediting a truly iconic work of art (TDK). Heath Ledger is fucking dead, user. Have some fucking respect... Again, if you have the mental capacity to do so.

That or gtfo this board.

>You can't make this shit up.

But you just did, no one is this pleb

When will capeshitters learn?

Alright, I watched it. It was okay. My only complaint is that Cap and Iron Man could have worked out their problems if they pulled their heads out of their asses and talked for ten minutes. Both of them suffer from "No, MY opinion is the only one that matters!" syndrome. It was like watching a fucking Sup Forums argument.

They were both wrong.

Also, Black Panther and the villain were cool. Decent movie. Better than Age of Ultron. I don't know if it was better than BvS because I haven't seen BvS and don't want to.

Excuse me

but Civil War IS capekino

Character development, retard

>too dark to tell whats going on vs can tell whats going on

not a hard choice

Nah the cinematography in DK is trash. Its a great movie but dont label it like a pretentious asshat.