Favorite album of 2016 so far?

favorite album of 2016 so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PXg06uQhu8M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not that pleb

Kek

have you not listened to anything else in 2016?

even metallica is better than this shit.

Why does everyone hate this its really good, the only people in my school that dont like it are the stupid ones

all hip-hop is garbage for plebs and children

youtu.be/PXg06uQhu8M

It's got some decent tracks tbqh but the mid section of the album is so so boring

first 3 tracks and the last 2 tracks are good (bordering really good) - the rest are forgettable and worthless imho

I liked 3 tracks from it, other than that it felt really lame. Especially compared to Untitled Unmastered.

>Everyone at my school likes it
And? A bunch of teenagers like someone popular, that's nothing new.

>The only people that don't are stupid
Nice logic

People like him because he's "woke" and raps about "real shit".

Painting with or Malibu
with coloring book a solid 3rd

>Sup Forums sees through the #woke smoke and mirrors of j cole
pleasantly surprised, basically 0 defeners on here

That's a stupid opinion, most people that say that, haven't even listened to good hip-hop, I used to think like you till I listened to MF DOOM or ATCQ.

check

explain this 'you got games on your phone?' meme pls

Too many bruh.

It's a phrase that kids ask you when you whip out your phone because they wanna play games on your phone, and likely don't have one of their own. The guy is saying that J Cole is dressing like a kid now.

We have plenty in common

People just realised he is barely above average. His recent released suffered hard from samey sound and only a few of the songs were half decent.

>TLOP
>AOTY contender

I'm a ye stan but come on

>people at my school

The production alone in the re-release is a great reason as to why it deserves to be there. The highs and lows of the chorus sections are amazing in it's own right. The fact that there are soo many subtle sounds throughout the album give it character.

Personally, I enjoyed this albums a lot. It isn't objectively an outstanding or perfect album, but it is a good representation and starting point into where music should go to be expanded upon within the genre. At least for my tastes.

so many shitty and just mediocre tracks

While I agree, the ones that were good were outstanding and did make the album up for me. If anything, in my list it is the least worthy of being up there, but I still feel I enjoyed it enough that it should be somewhere in the top.

>it is a good representation and starting point into where music should go to be expanded upon within the genre
How so? It looks like you haven't listened to much hip hop, from this year at least, so what makes you say that?

I liked it too. Ultralight Beam, Famous, Saint Pablo are great tracks. It's just not a good *album* in the way his other ones are

Choir sounds and subtle sounds from genres outside of funk, hiphop and jazz. Trust me, I have listened to a lot of hiphop this year, that doesnt validate my opinion, but I would love more hiphop with soulful mixes and a larger presence of gospel sounds.

Well of course, I subjectively think it is a contender, objectively speaking however, you could argue that it isn't on the calibar of something like Danny, Tribe and such.