Why do Americans have military flyovers at college football games?

Why do Americans have military flyovers at college football games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/e4tTgPYuavk?t=163
youtu.be/7ALqlfCKnPE?t=87
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wondered it myself but just boiled it down to tradition.

I went to an army game at West Point and the players jumped out of a plane and parachuted onto the field

If I had to guess why they do stuff like that it's because it's entertaining as all fuck

to encourage military support/enlistment

yvan eht nioj

Why not, it makes for a good spectacle while giving pilots the opportunity to log mandatory flying hours. It won't make a difference to the budget whether you do your mandatory flying hours in the middle of nowhere or over a stadium.

Don't people get upset at the waste of taxpayer money?

cos it's cool

Because college football makes a lot of money, and planes please the crowds.

Nope, cause it's cool as fuck,

One time before a game one jet flew too low and almost crashed into one of the stands

Shit was cash

Nah, not really. There are worse things Obama uses on tax payer dollars to worry about flyovers

Typical Brit thinking. No American would think seeing badass fighter jets as a waste of money.

Cause why not?

I'm not that sort of Brit
But yes, a lot of people in my country would throw a fit

Most people don't really think about it.

We have lots of military personnel singing the anthem before games, and giant flags on the field and such. Life in America is basically one big patriotic parade.

and players don't get a cent lol.

>americans
>being upset at throwing money at the military

I've been wondering, during our football halftime, we get to see stuff like marching bands, military flyovers and Beyoncé. What do Brits do during their football halftimes to kill time?

They get a free ride through college.

They pray to Mecca.

kek, this pretty much

SUPPORT

OUR

BBC

Big British cocks?

You might invite shitposters that'll claim we aren't anglo with that post

Everyone goes for a pint, a piss, and a cigarette

ah yes a shitty get

Taxation is theft.

No they act as training missions for the pilots too.

Dont you have a high quality, non biased, public broadcasting corp. in the USA?

Well we all go for a piss too, but we gotta have something to watch once we get back

British half time is only 15 minutes

Hi somalia

Because it's cool as fuck, you don't need a reason for everything.

NFL halftime is only 12 minutes long, and college football is 20 minutes. We manage to cram in some motherfucking jets during that timeframe. Get on our level.

Dude, they pay for maintaining its royal family and that's way more expensive.

That's what I've been thinking too. Sending those jets over there prolly costs more than the entire NFL match itself.

A lot of people in your country throw a fit about the cost that it takes to support the Royals, despite the fact that their land brings in much more money for the state anyways.

Because in conjunction with patriotic song sung by the stadium the sheer liberty from it will bring tears and freedom to even a soulless brit's eyes

youtu.be/e4tTgPYuavk?t=163

Goddamn, that bomber.
would been one hell of an explosion if it dropped a bomb right there

To keep the audience in line.

Yeah, those people are pathetic

Not to mention that your crown itself is a major tourist draw for us americans. And while you may not like our people, you like the cash they bring with

They need to do something with all those planes. Can't keep on bombing muslims forever.

By and large most of us like Americans

Some of your habits and mannerisms are obnoxious to us but we see you as decent and good-hearted people

Except for the hard leftist Corbynites, we also like having you as the global superpower (much rather you than China or Russia)

Yes, why get a salary when you can please your Jewish overlords, good goyim

>Can't keep on bombing muslims forever
Is that a challenge?

Do they understand how weird and creepy it is?

Americans have no self-awareness so probably not

Dont you have a high quality, non africa-tier, public supported flag. in Lithuania?

The schools make millions off the athletes without having to pay them

Do you understand how fucking badass fighter jets are?

Why do American stadiums look like utter shit, being strangled by carparks?

Banter between the crowd goes on.

youtu.be/7ALqlfCKnPE?t=87

Have they ever made anything that looks so glorious?

>b-but muh jets

literally compensating for dick size

That looks fucking beautiful

>Be American
>Be brain dead
>Got to a sporting event
>Don't actually enjoy watching the sport
>They put on a show for you so you don't get bored watching the sporting event
>You're still a brain dead American
>So they have to have another different show between, during and after the sporting event and the show to keep you happy and entertained
>Walk out of the stadium
>Fall over on your gut
>Pronounced dead at impact because no machine in this world is strong enough to put you back on your feet
>Don't even move you, just let you lie there and starve to death
>Put a blanket over your behemoth corpse so nobody notices
>As you lie there dying from starvation, a single thought goes through your vegetative brain dead mind
>Build The Wall

You sure have dicks on the mind

at least not in my mouth like you, whore.

Garages suck even more ass

delet

Does something like this blow your mind?

kek

But where do you park your car when go to the stadium

You don't take your car

That's where the tailgate parties are.

>traffic jam so hideous you pretend it's party
american cognitive dissonance is unmatched

Then how do you get there? Walking? Public transportation? Bicycles?

Underrated.

Yes

But you have them before the game too, when you're parked

imagine if they dropped a niggasaki right at that moment

Because their Govt spends most on their money on military and need to use it on something other than brown People

>this poorwegian will never get to drink beer with his good buddies in a parking lot while talking about life in a camping chair

>WOW FIREWORKS
>WOW F16
>WOW FLAG EVERYWHERE
>WOW CHEERLEADERS
>WOW BAND PERFORMERS

>FUCK U GUBBERMENT, WE NO NEED HEALTHCARE! DON'T TREAD ON ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Tailgating is just hanging out with your buddies in the parking lot before the game, drinking beer, grilling BBQ, and playing games like cornhole. You don't understand cause you're an anti-social Scandinavian.

But...what if I want to bring my car?

Did a pole just make a good post?

>one of the most racially and ethnically diverse places in the world with a huge wealth inequality
>the only thing keeping you from tearing each other apart is massive hypernationalism bordering that looks ridiculous to everyone else, combined with propaganda about "work hard, achieve dreams"

here we prevent armed uprisings and war in the streets by good ole healthcare and liveable life conditions.

>the only thing keeping you from tearing each other apart is massive hypernationalism bordering that looks ridiculous to everyone else, combined with propaganda about "work hard, achieve dreams"

Exactly. I can't wait until it all falls apart and The Happening begins.

if you think its going to be a racewar you will be in for a surprise.

its just going to be good ole fashion police spraying down the poor and angry combined with drone warfare against armed insurgents. all this can be avoided if you simply had better social safety nets rather than let your standard of living decline.

No. We actually love them

Do they not have flyovers in Europe?

That's definitely a challenge

If you oppose any amount of military related money, then you get crucified for "hating the troops".

That sounds like hell Tbh

Why the fuck would anyone do that? You would have to be near poor people the whole way there and back.

>all this can be avoided if you simply had better social safety nets rather than let your standard of living decline.

Sometimes it's good to let an inherently unstable system collapse user.

I don't see any reason why I should have to pay for poor people to have a better life as long as my life is fine.

And if you are taller than 5'11 you get the pleasure of being in seats that are too small.

>ameriblobs are not capable of considering a thought experiment in which they are not sitting
pottery

>ameriblobs
please stop using that word, it's hurtful. i'm not even fat

how much do you weigh?

1.71m/74kg

That's overweight, bruv.

t. 1.70m/78kg

*1.91m