Need a high capacity non shitty mp3/whatever music format player. Think 100GB or more...

Need a high capacity non shitty mp3/whatever music format player. Think 100GB or more. My main option is to buy a used ipod classic, but I'd be happy to look for alternatives that accept 128GB SD cards or have a large HDD already integrated. Post if you've got anything in mind with those specs.

Other urls found in this thread:

iflash.xyz/store/iflash-quad/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I got a Fiio X5 refurb at Adorama a few months ago for $130 and don't regret it. I have 400GB of storage in it because it has two microsd card slots, and when I'm home I plug it into my computer and use it as an external DAC.

Biggest complaint is the UI is trash but I got used to it

One option is to get an android and put a massive SD card in

what app should OP get then ?
something off of google store or what. what do I make playlists with

400GB daaamn. Sounds like a good deal, with that amount of storage it even rivals my old 2000s era HDD lol. I'll look into the player, thanks user. Thanks for mentioning the UI thing, probably won't be an issue, I'm really only after the portable capacity.

Also how do I make this player accept something higher than 128 GB sd cards? Never had to deal with this before.

I would recommend Poweramp if you go that route. It's a very powerful android music player and the full version is $1, iirc

Np, I'm definitely getting my money's worth with the thing, it does a lot. As for , it supports NTFS so you should be able to just format the SD card, put music on it (mp3, flac, aac, etc.), and have it work. Sorry if I misunderstood your question.

I'll look into poweramp, thanks user

What would be a good reliable micro sd card?

>needing over months, sometimes years worth of music on a PORTABLE device
End yourselves, retards.

Poweramp is a very good music player, i really recommend getting an android and putting a 128 gb SD card.
I have a stnd samsung and put in a 128 gb micro SD i got off amazon for like 50.00$ CDN

>being a streamfag shill

.05 cents has been deposited into your spotify/apple music/gpm/god fucking forbit Tidal account.

Pretty much anything you see on Amazon. Patriot, Sandisk, etc. Just don't get chink shit off ebay or something.

SanDisk

>you either have useless data storage
>or you are a streamer
kek.

Yeah, I am sure you listen to that full 120gb storage to it's fullest extent.

You are a literal retard, friend.

It ain't prohibitively expensive to have all your music on a portable device, so why wouldn't you, it lets you listen to whatever you want whenever

Yes. That is the point.

foobar2000 for android is a good choice.

It's literally $25 for a 128 GB microsd. So are you dirt poor or something instead? It's like a RAM argument. Unused RAM is wasted RAM.

Thanks m8, I only asked because the last micro sd card I bought through amazon was shit.

>call someone a literal retard for spending money to look pretentious
>what are you, POOR?

Every.
Time.

I, like everyone else have a phone with enough space on there to fit enough music to last me weeks at a time which I change out at will, you know, not a fucking retard.

Why not just keep it on there all the time though? What's the fucking point in spending time moving files around if you don't have to?

>$25 data storage
>>>"pretentious"

Jesus christ you're a retard.

A microsd is not a 400gb storage device
>shifting goal posts
Kek.

Why would you spend money on something which you do not have to?

Streaming music requires internet service. What happens when that goes out? You're SOL. I'm not talking about some post apocalyptic scenario or some bs like that, just regular day occurrences. Besides the way I use phones, I don't need 24/7 internet access anyway, much less any access at all. Besides, my home collection of music spans well over 500GB and the only reason it hasn't grown in a few years was because of some financial difficulties. ohmygod I can listen to whatever I want at any time without third party interference, explain why that's a bad thing.

holy shit since when does that exist

And to add, I've owned devices with 4 and 32gb hdds respectively and it is simply not enough. You may call it not being a fucking retard, which I equate to being someone with a normal demand for music storage. What I asked was definitely outside the bounds of normal music storage needs, but hey you know what there are people that demand such space out there, me being one of them. Why the fuck would I waste hundreds of dollars on a device which costs nearly as much but provides a quarter or less of storage space hmm?

>Why would you spend money on something which you do not have to?
Because people can afford to and consider it worthwhile. Never running into the situation of "dam I want to listen to that but it's not on my mp3 player right now" is an advantage to doing so

OP here - My point user. I don't know what the other guy is on about.

For some, the convenience gained from making that particular purchase outweighs the loss from having spent the money. Is it really that complicated?

fiio m3, clipzip, or other rockboxable player + microsd card of whatever size you require

enjoy laughing at stream plebs when their service inevitably shuts down and all their playlists are lost

is this for real? where is it? tell me now.

desu, getting an iPod classic (5th gen I think is the one with the good audio?), replacing the HDD for an mSD slot (google it), replacing battery for a fresh one, and installing rockboxx will do you pretty fuckin good.

ye

iflash.xyz/store/iflash-quad/

4 mSD cards. Install rockbox and you're good.

If you get a 6th gen classic you HAVE to install rockbox to have it show more than 128gb, but why wouldn't you do that on an iPod anyway?

OP here - I'm shit at modding or doing anything DIY so I wish that was something I was capable of carrying out but I'd probably blow a few hundred bucks to mess up somewhere along the line, otherwise a brilliant idea and if I had more aptitude I'd go for it. I'll keep that idea in mind for the future, sounds like a great solution.

You really don't need to do shit to get into those classic iPods. With a 5th gen you just use a pry tool (screwdriver even) to pop clips. Remove the battery connector (ez), flip back HDD to remove that ribbon cable, attach ribbon cable to SD card thing, re-attach battery, close, do recovery with iTunes

you can do it (minus recovery in iTunes) in like 5 minutes tops

also btw iPod 5Gs are going for like $33 on eBay right now if you're in the US. scratched up 30gb models that probs need new batteries, but still a solid deal. the 5g does have the best audio of any of the iPods