Can't wait for the sequel. You're an absolute shitter if you disliked this movie. It's so fun

Can't wait for the sequel. You're an absolute shitter if you disliked this movie. It's so fun.

Del Toro isn't directing the sequel unfortunately though

del toro is the king of dropping out of projects

I haven't seen it. Why is it good? The idea sounds very Japanese.

Nice buzzword.

it's trash, terrible cgi, bad acting and all the jokes fall flat

You say that about every movie I like, so I'll take it to mean it's fun.

Love this film and so hyped for the second! So much better than all this capeshit junk at the moment tbqhwyf

Yeah it's really good, pacing is a bit off and you get to the end without really realizing it - but its everything an action film should be: intriguing premise, clear visual action, good soundtrack, moments of humour.

battleship was fun, this isn't

Do you like giant mecha?
If so, it's automatically worth a watch.

It's good action with competently written characters. They certainly aren't revolutionary, but there's some nice camradarie with them.

It's about on par with capeshit, you fucking mong.

The chemistry between the two main pilots was great, I dont even like asians but i wanted to neural fuck her.

Picked up, I guess.

Not understanding how it's all subjective. Calls me a mong.

I thought so too. I still liked it despite all that. Cgi was good though

He's no longer even involved. Pacific Rim In Name Only

Yeah this, absolutely loved the film but when they got to end fight i paused it and checked the time left because i was surprised.

Battleship was exactly the same (bad acting, lame jokes, poor cgi) just without the cool premise

Not worth it then, like reviews said you could tell this film was made my someone who was really into it - and that's what you need to take a stupid concept and really make it work. It doesn't make fun of itself, but it has fun with itself.

With del toro off i wouldnt bother seeing another, pending reviews.

And yet I had fun watching it. Guess you just don't watch movies for fun.

Battleship is a fucking good film Imhof. The pacing was sooooo good in it.

The acting in pacific rim wasn't bad though - except for idris elba it was good.

Lol I guess we'll have to agree to disagree
That's me I do like liking some things. Just not things you like, evidently

I barely remember it but I remember pacific rim

Absolutely. Del Toro was pretty much fulfilling a childhood dream when he made PRim.

PRINO's new director was involved with Jurassic World. Which, while unterrible, was forgiven a lot of its shit because nostalgia. It was also not a patch on PRim.

the aliens looked unimaginative.

Seriously? The main character was terrible. His acting made me cringe at times

>it's so fun

fun is code for "yes I know the movie sucks BBC but I still like it, fuck you"

I remember first time I watched it well. Never heard of it before but put it on anyway and couldn't believe how much I loved it.

This and Pacific Rim easily my 2 fav scifi flicks of this decade. So low key and actually fun live cinema should be.

No, it's not good, it's terrible. It's also not "fun". It's boring af. How you make a movie about giant robots fighting giant monsters boring I have no idea but Del Memeo managed to do just that.

that was the joke m8

Would love to know what your idea of a fun or good film is?

I thought he was great, came across as likeable and was also quiet and plain enough to be the "main character" required for these sort of shows. He wasn't intended to be a big dramatic focus.

*tips

Go watch jagten for the eighteenth time

> In b4 snowpiercer or some shite

>Boring
Are you one of those autists who calculated how infeasible a Baseball Boat would be? Did lack of realism ruin your mecha v kaiju experience...?

It's weird how they're so similar and I've watched them both only once or twice but one is completely forgettable to me. Now that I think back, I really couldn't say one is better than the other I m o, they're both fun but bad, and yet I actually was only just reminded Battleship had aliens in this thread, I'd completely forgotten.
Might have to give it another watch.

>It's so fun.
Is that why it's so boring for 85% of the runtime?

The only thing I remember of battleship is reused footage and the alien weapons being the literal pegs you use in the game.

See

Honestly if you don't like Battleship you're either just not a fan of scifi or you let your preconceived notions dictate your existence.

>muh rhirhi can't act
>muh Jewish lead can fuck off
>muh capeless protagonist

Without having seen it it looked like it took itself too seriously and by casting rihanna it was just trying to appeal to a crowd im not part of. Was it actually any good at all?

>took itself too seriously
You just made an ass of yourself.

On the contrary, I don't care about realism at all. If anything the movie wasn't crazy enough.

Yeah i didnt at all, but your irrelevant response sure did to you.

It honestly doesn't take itself serious for one second. Got a few funny little bits it in too.

Battleship DID take itself too seriously though.

Did you even watch it?

How? When the MC breaks into a store to get the girl he just met some snack and falls all over everything? Or when Meth Damon figures out the aliens' weakness by goofing around with their visors?

If you can watch a film and just enjoy it for what it is then I'd seriously recommend it. If you direct everything to within an inch of its life then I'd say give this (and virtually every film released) a very wide birth.

I personally love it and Pacifi Rim.

I'd Chicken Burrito her too if you know what I'm saying senpai.

Dissect* not direct kek

Sadly yes.
I'm not saying it isn't goofy, but it plays some of it's ideas like "Veterans Save the day" and "giant sea wall" so straight. And its runtime, god it dragged.

But you know that anyway. No one buys your enjoying Battleship Meme.

>I don't like so you must memeing!
Go fly a kite, kid.

Del Toro isn't directing it, but he is producing it, so he will likely have some say in how it goes, considering it's also his movie series.

When it was failling I was so happy. Maybe its cynical of me. Sup Forums likes to close thier ears to flicks like this and say turn off your brain and have fun, but when it comes to ANY movie you may like thats actually fun then its 'look at this manchild.'

Its robots fighting. And not fun by any means. Regret the price of admission. Theres a certain point in the movie when a robot realizes a weapon they pull out of thier ass can destroy the monsters was with them all along. Its a bore fest honestly. But everyone has their own opinion. Sup Forums is usually the wrong one to listen to though. And that may include me.

Fuck this movie.

I can happily leave realism and seriousness to the side when something is well made, original and fun; Shoot em up and crank are two of my favourite films. But when something takes itself seriously then it doesnt get the same pass.

It's universally panned, you're being a Sup Forums contrarian.

Whilst i disagree, i do agree that the sword reveal was nonsensical.

> "We have to abandon ship there's nothing we can do!"
> "Wait what about using our primary weapon?"
> "Oh yeah ok"

>Gypsy uses it's Final Attack last, das dum.
You didn't grasp what the movie was, at all.

Honestly if you think Battleship takes itself seriously then you have badly misjudged the whole tone of the film.

But I don't care I still love it.

In fairness being a Sup Forums contrarian is often a good thing, this place is such a mess. 80% of the threads at any given time are MCU threads.

Del Toro would agree.
He might even add, "that was the point"

Im the person who said I've never seen it,i was just saying where the line is in a film being let off being ridiculous.

If im being honest though i probably still wont watch it, I really despise rihanna.

And most of those are people RPing how bad CW was compared to BvS.

It could easily have been rewritten to keep the sword reveal without having the crew somehow oblivious to it.

it's clear the critics who panned it at least on rt have no sense of humor

She's in it for like 5 mins. A character that has 3 lines and you'd barely notice her but whatever. Guess we are going back to how people let their lives be lead and ruined by incorrect preconceived judgements.

Yes, but then it would cease being a homage to the mecha anime tropes that inspired it.

People like you are why PR2 will suck.

Whilst i have never seen Battleship, an action film, horror film or even comedy being panned isn't really all that much to go on.

It seems like drama, romance and sci-fi are the only genres where critics are somewhat reliable.

Well it wasn't really preconceived, she was featured heavily in the trailers, posters and interviews. They decide what image they want to best represent what they have made.

Again, not having the intellect to judge a film on anything other than watching it.

It's a trope for the crew to not know about their own ship? No it isnt. The dramatic reveal is, and Im just saying that could have been tweaked completely easily to have been better.

We dont have time to watch every film that gets made, that would be stupidity.

Luckily for us, Battleship is Sci Fi. You can trust the scores, believe me. It's dogshit, not some misunderstood classic.

It might work on a so bad it's good level, but why not just watch an Asylum flick for that?

That's fair but then if your time is precious then why spend your time in a thread discussing a film you haven't got time to watch but have plenty of time to judge and post about.

People like you make me feel sick tbqhf.

>It's a trope for pilots to not know their mecha instantly
Actually yes.
>It could have been changed
But it shouldn't have been, for the reason stated.

>watch jagten for the eighteenth time
even for me, that would be impossible

Got me there, but wouldnt all our lives be better if we spent less time on Sup Forums and more time doing the things we talk about on Sup Forums

it's comedy as much as sci fi, though if you like amy schumer you probably won't laugh

I'd say it's pretty believable to think Raleigh wouldn't know about it, and Mako would considering she was there when it was being rebuilt. They only did a minor field test that was shut down quickly, and they were launched into combat while thinking they were being grounded. Maybe they could have read a manual or something, talked about it and what it was capable of, but maybe it just skipped their mind.

I dunno. I think it worked.

Please fuck off you fucking autist. Jeeeeeezus the autistic crap people do for attention these days.

Literally saying anything that springs into their retarded little brains to address that feeling of inadequacy that's constantly eating away at them.

I tell you one thing retard ...Sup Forums would be a fuck load better if you stopped coming here.

Someone touch a nerve?

You still looking for that opportunity to 'get one up' over a stranger online?

Nice life you've got there user.

Triggered somewhat or copypasta?

Well, no, I'm currently off work with back pain. Once I'm healed though, I'll go back to not having time for this cess pool.

And it's pretty obvious you hate it too, based on you reactions.

Retard I'm the one saying I love both Battleship and Pacific Rim .....you're the one here trolling about a flick you've never even seen.

jingoistic trash featuring rihanna

Having seen both, I know Rim is leagues ahaed of BS in every single way. I'm not trolling, you're just hoping to get folks to watch bilge.

Also, as this was you , you sounded triggered. Like absurdly so. Like you were lashing out because they made you feel bad.

I could be wrong.

Solid waifu material, too.

Did you even see the retard I was replying to going on about how precious time is that he can't watch BS but he can spend his time here talking shite about it. Yeah, you are right, that totally triggered me.

As for PR being better than BS I can appreciate that totally. I just loved BS so much coz I expected so little from it.

Yes, I saw what triggered you and how you responded. Made me chuckle.

The first one wanted the Sons of Anarchy audience. Which audience will the sequel go after?

ayyyyy

>ITT: OP tries any tricks he can think of to keep his crappy thread going.

93 posts 17 unique posters kek

I'm OP, and I've only posted three (now 4) times in this thread.

I lied, it's 5 (now 6).

Literally nothing wrong with that.