Mental Health General:

Mental Health General:

Does anyone have experience with zoloft? Although im clinically depressed I'm normally against taking antidepressants or SSRIs because of the fact it is really unpleasant coming off them and dependency. But I have been considering taking some zoloft because of the effect it has on sex drive. The thing is I'm 20 years old and I know for a fact I'm never going to have sex with a woman I love and there is no point in me trying to get laid cause it just won't happen but I still have sexual urges which I feel I would do better without. So do you guys think taking zoloft to kill my sex drive is a bad idea? The effects it has on my depression can also potentially be beneficial. Thanks

Bump please don't let this thread die

>Mental Health
>drugs
choose one

I took zoloft for a while. Makes you feel like a zombie after a while and if you ever try to quit be ready to want to kill yourself. Wean off it and you should be fine. I quit cold turkey and it was a terrible decision.

Why do you say that? I know a lot of drugs prescribed aren't really good for mental health but plenty of other drugs can be beneficial like cannabis and also MDMA for PTSD is currently being studied and so far has shown great results. Also plenty of psychedelics in general help people with depression and loads of other mental problems

How did it affect your sex drive and won you recommend it to someone who is really depressed for multiple years and also wants no sex drive?

Gonna buy xanax off alphabay soon i have no urge to do anything

I've tried xanax and didn't really enjoy it since I just blacked out. I've also her it's dangerous since you black out.

My experience. Works, makes you feel numb after a while. Quit cold turkey sucked but wasn't horrible. Doesn't kill the sex drive, makes it hard to orgasm.

Made my hair fall out OP.

Me and Zoloft get along just fine

Wow so you still have sexual desires? You said it makes you feel numb but did you enjoy it at all or were there any positives and would you recommend it

>The thing is I'm 20 years old and I know for a fact I'm never going to have sex with a woman I love and there is no point in me trying to get laid cause it just won't happen but I still have sexual urges which I feel I would do better without.

This sure doesn't sound like something depression would make you say.

Did it grow back?

I'm in college and if I don't have the opportunity to get with women now when will i? I know for a fact it won't get better and all that "you'll find a girl" stuff is all bullshit. It's not like I'm anti social and don't try either. I have been working out for a year consistently and got into a bunch of self improvement stuff which was great but the simple fact is I'm a peice of shit that no one wants and I just have to accept it. The only problem is the fact that I have a sex drive which makes me want women but I will never achieve this desire so I want to eliminate it.

I took it. It did nothing at all to help with my depression. It also did not lessen my sex drive. The one thing it managed to do was make it difficult for me to cum during sex. Thank you, zoloft.

Worked well at first, still had all the desires. After a while there was no highs or lows in life, everything just was.

That's because you probaly took a whole bar or some shit i'm gonna get it for my anxiety not just to get fucked up since im anti social as fuck

I have major depressive disorder but when I take my pills I feel more suicidal than normal

Which pills?

Bupropion hydrochloride

Wow wtf that sounds shitty.

OK so zoloft sounds dumb now