What type of music does Tom Waits listen to?

What type of music does Tom Waits listen to?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/music/2005/mar/20/popandrock1
tomwaitsfan.com/tom waits library/www.tomwaitslibrary.com/quotes-influences.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He likes Ray Charles.

A lot of blues

organ grinder

He only creates

les claypool

> Once you've heard Beefheart, it's hard to wash him out of your clothes. It stains, like coffee or blood

Edgy

There is nothing edgy about that quote

There's an article where he talks about 20 of his favorite albums, half of them are exactly what you'd expect (Dylan, Stones, Beefheart, Sinatra, Pogues, etc.) and the other half are albums nobody on this board listents to (Sinking of the Titanic, Lounge Lizards, Little Richard, Bohemian-Moravian Bands, Prison Songs, Cubanos Postizos, etc.)

>blood
How is it not

Anything from the last 3 decades?

>blood stains clothes
>perfectly factual and normal statement is edgy
I'm actually detecting a bit more edge coming from the faggot who calls out totally mundane things as edgy

Lounge Lizards are cool no wave

>Bleeding is mundane
>Bleeding so much that you can ruin a suit is mundane
Look I love Tom Waits but his fedoras show up from time to time.

Tom Waits embodies the fedora

Blood is notoriously one of the things that stains clothes the worst, along with coffee, he is just saying an accurate statement you fucking moron.

You're a fucking loser

The article is from 2005, most of the albums are from the 80's or earlier (some of them are compilations of material from much earlier decades like the 30's-50's) but there was a couple recent ones:

theguardian.com/music/2005/mar/20/popandrock1

Les Claypool seemed to be the most current artist he liked

Why? I was making a statement

Because you judge acclaimed, brilliant musical artists based on how fedoracore they are and you've probably never bled a day in your life because you're a softbodied pussy faggot who never played contact sports or just don't really leave your house

I didn't judge the artist i just said that line was edgy.
And i got ran over by a car.
There is no need to be edgy with all those buzzwords you're using.

>I didn't judge the artist i just said that line was edgy
No him, but just also want to emphasize that the quote in question really isn't edgy. It was just a fitting comparison. Really don't understand why you think that it's edgy.

I figured I'd use some buzzwords to lower myself to your level, because you're already using the fedora meme to denote Tom Waits also
>And i got ran over by a car
Nice so you got hit by a car because you were too busy pounding down Burger King to look both ways, great job.

tomwaitsfan.com/tom waits library/www.tomwaitslibrary.com/quotes-influences.html

>>Bleeding is mundane
>>Bleeding so much that you can ruin a suit is mundane
Now you're just being autistic. He never said or implied that bleeding is mundane. He mentioned blood because it's one of the worst stains. Do you seriously not know it's really hard to get rid of blood stains?

>Look I love Tom Waits but his fedoras show up from time to time.

You obviously don't know Waits that well then

Nothing in the world could make that man cringeworthy m8

I live in a third world
There are no burger Kings where i live
I associated the blood mentioning with all those movies where white suits are covered in blood up to the neck.
That = Fedora
I once threw a smelly dead dog to the garbage bin and the stains didn't wore out so I guess.
Never stained stuff with fresh blood though so idk.
Rain Dogs vocal delivery is quite the thing.
Happens the same with Nick Cave in From Her to Eternity

Now please stop replying

>tfw I had an Aphex Twin shirt that I got all bloodied when I was 14 while skating
>couldn't get it out, after 2 years I threw it away
anyway agreed, user is autistic

Waits would be the first to admit that we was a wrong generation kid in the late 60s.

>I live in a third world
Oh, that explains everything. You're a subhuman.

Yah

he looks really healthy

has he quit all the booze and cigarettes finally

That's not Tom Waits.
Also if he quit all that stuff he wouldn't be Tom Waits.

That is Petti Linkola

kek got me

though I haven't seen waits since that film he was in a few years ago so meh

he's good at styaing out of the public eye. I imagine he looks like hell.

Waits has been sober for decades, since Raindogs.

Didn't know this actually. That's fantastic. Was Rain Dogs the product of him getting sober? If so he's up there with Samuel L. Jackson for me in terms of sobriety role-models. Fuck I love Tom Waits.

No, since 2001.

>Lean Back (Fat Joe)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tom Waits fans, everyone.

Does anyone know a good place to find/figure out the bass tabs for his lesser known songs?
I really want all the nice, jazzy, chill basslines from Cold, Cold Ground, and his first few albums

>implying
fuck off retard