PEMDAS

its 9

Yes 9 PEMDAS

confirming

you can't

6/2(1+2)
6/2(3)
3(3)

Technically two answers depending on the process used.

PEMDAS:

6/2(1+2)=x
6/2(3)=x
6/6=x
1=x

OR

6/2(1+2)=x
3(1+2)=x
3(3)=x
9=x

Protip: captcha was more difficult.

>inb4 9

Trying to get Sup Forums to do your math homework for yea eh?

That's some serious 5th grade math there OP. Tough stuff.

1 you retards

Anybody who says 9 is a raging retard

When you have operations in the same priority bracket, you solve from left to right. There is only one process that is correct here.

Parentheses
Multiplication/Division
Addition/Subraction

Please Excuse My Dope Ass Swag, PEMDAS bitch

If you think it is anything other than 9, you are an uneducated nigger, and the most you deserve is being shot down in the streets.

Kek

only if you don't know how to read a fucking number sentence

top answer

NEIN

Also depending on how you visualize it as well, for example, what if it looked like this:

_________
2(1+2)

So, I mean. There are several ways to visualize this, but without a proper set-up, it's vague and can be interpreted in either way.

Nope the first one is false. You have to operations in order.

Haha fucking dumbass. You do realize that parentheses come first in the order of operations? The answer is 1 And that's that. You people need to go back to school. Or are you trolling? I don't know people are retarded

morons don't even know it's 3PI/2

That is a different operation entirely. Though, I can see where your confusion would come in since you put it like that.

If you dont believe me, which is fine, you can type the equation into your browser search bar and google will solve it for you with their handy scientific calculator.

>Number sentence

youtube.com/watch?v=6LvFUC-198s

its 1 you fucking retards.. () always first */+-

obviously 9
whoever says 1 is just trolling

Fair statement and technically yes, it does change the operation completely because of the isolation of 6, but my browser is also changing the equation to:

(6/2)(1+2), which again is not what is presented.

fucking moron its not 9 you always multiply FIRST its called order of operations... jesus there are dumb ass faggots here today

6/2(1+2)
=6/2*3
=3*3
=9

I've got something a little more difficult for you autists. (protip: you can)

expand using the binomial theorem:

(5-sqrt(3)i)^4

According to that logic wouldn't the multiplication be done first? If you are using pemdas, the parenthesis would be done first, but then the 2 and 3 would be multiplied.

Well, it is presented as that because it is the same equation with the second set of parenthesis. It just isolates the operations in a manner that is more easily readable. The problem with your first operation example were you achieve the result of 1 is you did not add in the multiplication symbol in place of the parenthesis.

6/2*(1+2) is the way to write it out to best explain the correct process order. It's assumed in most math that you understand that there is a multiplication symbol between any number and the following parenthesis.

Dumbass

ok I am the fucking moron its 9 fuck you i need food....

3 you math minors

6/2(1+2)
6/2+4
3+4

First the parenthesis, then things like ² (I dunno the name in english), then left to right multiplication and division, and finally left to right addition/soustraction.
I don't know what "pemdas" means.

i cant believe these threads get this much attention.

Are you fucking retarded? It's what is INSIDE the parantheses that is first.

Parentheses
Exponents
Multiplication & Divison
Addition & Subtraction

it is 100% 9
() first, then /* left to right... and fuck you OP for trolling us all with this bullshit

Update to , I found that (I guess exponents means things like ²)

And this is why the US finishes 27th internationally in math.

Are you fucking retarded? It's what is INSIDE the parantheses that is first. Multiplication and division is left to right first. Go back to sixth grade you fucking manchilds. If you think it is anything other than nine you're a fucking retard.

6/2*(1+2)
2*(3)/2*(1+2)
3/1+2
3+2=5

6/2(1+2)
6/2+12/2
18/2

Which in fact is interesting, but really, I wouldn't blame the student for the set-up, it's a shit question without defining the first parentheses (and multiplication symbol) beforehand, and is relying on the preconception and assumption that this rule is followed 100% of the time.

But, no. I get you and I get where the question is at and going. Math is fun and this is a great conversation when people aren't flinging their shit everywhere.

the missing * is implied but still there so have to divide first then multiply after the () is done...

6 ÷ 2(1+2) = 1
6 / 2(1+2) = 9

Checkmate

If you actually used PEMDAS you would have gotten the correct answer of 1 niggershit

6/2(1+2)
6/2(3)
3(3)

6/(2*(1+2)) = 1
6/2*(1+2) = 9

Add some parenthesis and symbols where you want them then pick your answer.

only non-retarded answer

Check this

Sorry. I forgot to say after the parenthesis are done. Cause he was ordering the equation like 6/2*(3) as 6/2 then times (3) when according to pemdas it would be 2 times 3 then 6 divided by 6.

OMG! Use google!
It's 9

6/2(1+2)=
=(6+12)/2=
=18/2=
=9

google automatically substitues the obelus for the solidus

see

College math guy here, it's 1. Math is a language to me and you faggots saying 9 are calling a potato a truck.

its definitely 9, but yes I would punch op for the "wording" of the problem. should be
6/2*(1+2) then its much clearly explained, and doesnt look like your a retard for writing down a problem in such a shit fashion

lel just use a calculator derrr like omg right?
>fuck you you retard

but it would be formatted like this
6/(2(1+2))

Well, if the student is not taught properly how to do math, then you cant really expect them to understand how the operation is performed properly. The fault is more than likely a combination of disinterest in math from students and teachers who are dull, uninspired and dont really care if you understand everything.

I had the benefit of being interested and my father had a degree in mechanical engineering, so math was always something I was ahead of and grasped quite well. I went up to AP calc in high school (though that was about 20 years ago now).

It's funny because you literally can't answer it, It's too ambiguous! Hahaha good job user! I salute you!

6÷2(1+2)
6÷2(3)
3(3)

Your professors would be so proud of you for your answer..... especially since there are a plethora of youtube videos on how the answer is 9 and how to achieve the correct answer. I bet your parents would also be super proud of the money they are putting towards your "education". It would likely be put to better use by clogging the garbage disposal up.

Yeah, I'd get credit where people who put 9 would not. No matter how many retards punch it into a calculator, it doesn't make them right.

I wouldnt go into any job that requires math if I were you. Just a fair warning.

The multiplication is done before the division, fag. The answer is 1

Yeah, I mean this is a "bad teacher" question, but also an interesting one to use as a dialogue in expressing how to set-up proper equations in a classroom (I don't want summer break to end), but yes, it mostly due to the issue that the question is designed to reflect the dual answers initially.

It is 9, if you we are assuming the full rules and procedures:

(6/2)*(1+2) = 9
6/2*(1/2) = 1

Both are the same root, just one has a hidden set of parentheses.

Just like 6/x(1+9)?

Yep, it is interesting how teachers can impact a topic and make it meaningful. I remember teaching Standard Deviation to a classroom of 8th graders, because they wanted to know how old I was. Was pretty funny getting answers like 11 and 93. Our education system is busted to all hell.

He's right, though

2x3 = 6
6÷6 = 1

You don't do the division first. That's fucking backwards.

Yeah me either, basic math is for children and I'd be pretty bored. Because i'm an active student that has gotten great grades in multiple college math classes over and over again using the same methods.
>get wrecked commoner

Plz explain how it's nine if you followed pends and multiplied before you divided...

6÷2(1+2) =

6÷2(3)

6÷6

This is the correct answer.

Actually multiplication and division have the same priority. The parenthesis are what must be solved first, southerners don't know about my distributive property.

You're completely full of fucking shit you ignorant troll. You do anything in parentheses first, then exponents, then multiplications.

It's not rocket science. It's basic maths