Memes aside, how good is HIMYM?

Memes aside, how good is HIMYM?

Friends rehash

this show is fucking terrible.

One of the worst sitcoms ever made, has no originality whatsoever.

Most unlikeable cast on TV and an absolute shit show.

Ridiculously predictable

Complexity of Seinfeld with the broad appeal of Friends.

Actually a very well done show

never understood why ppl liked this show

was super corny and junvenile, honestly worst than the big bang theory

Its a modern "Friends" geared towards the selfie generation with post-modern elements. What's not to like? Except for the last 5 seasons

Who are the likeable characters on the show besides Marshall? Ted's a womanising douchebag.

>comparing this shit with Seinfeld

kys

Besides being a walking meme. Barney

very complex and well written. great to binge, you will be stuck to the edge of your seat watching this LEGENDairy sitcom

I can begrudgingly accept why people like big bang theory, but this is awful.

It doesn't matter how charming Doogie Howser thinks he is, he can't carry this mess.

The last few seasons are so goddamn shit to the point of unwatchable, and the last episode, holy fuck what were they thinking.

where are the jokes

People like the show because it was marketing was "omg everybody's talking about HIMYM".

Every clip they showed of it was not funny. The whole premise makes me throw up in my mouth.

Barney had the best character arc throughout the series

Very outdated show with no good writing.

I guess first two or three season were okayish? When they weren't completely charaicatures and they had balance?

It was somewhat cozy and romantic which we all longed for given that this came out in our teen years. That's why people watched it.

>Its a modern "Friends"
>What's not to like?

>in highschool for the middle part of HIMYM's run
>guys all want to "suit up"
>show up wearing cheap lime green and pastel pink suits

The last episode has to be the worst finale ever

It is extremely comfy. Other than that not too much going for it apart from Barney

guys, I wanted to talk about how good it is, don't shit on my show pls

first 2-4 seasons were ok tv, then it went to shit.

>retards trying to be like barney killed his character
>ted annoying
>lilly insufferable
>marshall was best character and most likeable. still a pushover though

I disagree with almost all of you.

The show is GOAT, or at least in the top 5 of sitcoms. Why the fuck are people tolerating BBT over this? That shit is night and day.

There were some weak points in the show around season 6-8. Especially Zoe. For me that was one non Robin relationship too many. But god damn season 9 was master craft.

I don't know why people were so goddamn desperate for the mom. This was the direction the show was always going to go and I think the series played out that way. But if you got hung up on the title then you are probably just an autist.

The show really blew up during the third season, around the time they got Britney Spears to guest star and stuff. Before that it was quite low key and was in a realistic danger of being cancelled, especially during the first season.

Probably not coincidentally, the first three seasons were very good. Next two or so seasons made the show unwatchable.

Early Robin was a beauty

Funny memes.

It was great and comfy show.
It wasn't that funny though but then again I've never really laughed out loud while watching any sitcom.

it's a bit funnier than the average friends episode for 2 seasons.

then the 3rd season is worse and I dropped it half way through.

DUDE ALCOHOL LMAO

directly replaced them, but haven't been replaced since

It starts meh and it constantly gets worse with each season. Barney and Marshall are the best characters, rest are just horrible.

KEK
U
C
K

Lmao Seinfeld was just as unfunny and shitty like the rest of the normie shit series

Seinfeld is a sitcom with all the faggotry taken out of it. This has never been repeated before or since, that's why it's held up as a classic.

I have a question. How did they manage to drink all the time, live in New York and have shitty jobs? Maybe besides Barney.

LIKE A SIR

barney = unknown (high position in rich company)
marshal = lawyer
Ted = architect
lily = whatever, enough to chip in to marshals lawyer job
Robin = news reporter, more than enough to buy drinks all the time.

she looks like my fathers wife's niece. She married an Israeli Jew.

At the beginning they were:

Barney = unknown (high position in rich company)
Marshal = Student with a very big student loan to deal with.
Ted = Not yet a succesful Architect
Lily = Had a shopping problem and had massive financial problems.
Robin = News reporter.

it begs the question: Where the fuck did they get the money for the apartment?

it's shit

I really dislike the amount of retconning in this show. In a certain episode they're talking about each other's annoying quirks, none of which were present prior to that episode and none of which were present after that episode. Just one example out of many.

First few seasons are pretty funny, comfy all throughout.

They said it was rent controlled one time

The same was true for friends. And parks and rec. So maybe in everything? I dunno.

The first 5 or 6 seasons are really good imo. Then it really went downhill. I actually like the last season and the ending though.

Marshal is the only real reason to watch. At best I'll get a sensible chuckle outside of that

Meh it's okay early on. Very unlikable characters though. Lily and Ted especially.

Earlier seasons were ok. Barney and marshall were funny sometimes, but ted is such a fucking douche its hard to watch. what an annoying pretentious smug piece of shit.

DUDE
MARRY YOUR AUNT
LMAO

AND IIII WOULD WALK 500 MILES

never seen a show go to shit this hard

all the build up and character development ended up being for fucking nothing in the end

Show should have ended at s6. The last two seasons they were running on fumes, it was shit sadly.

It's an uneven show but there are legit good episodes here and there.

The gayer you are the better it gets.

It's okayish
Gets a little boring down the line and the ending is arguable but it's basically a Friends reboot. If you liked Friends you'll probably like himym

Sitcom writing ain't easy cuz, you have to come up with a funny storyline and jokes every single week. So if you do but it slightly plot holey, you say fuck it, no one cares about these things in sitcoms anyway.

stupid, 3/10. used to watch it when there really wasn't anything on.

First 2 seasons are comfy, and have some genuinely funny moments.

The decline starts in S3, and becomes unwatchable around S5 when everyone gets flanderized and the show basically becomes a live action cartoon.

She looks like August Ames

probly the most unlikable sitcom character ever

doesnt help that the bitch playing her is fucking ancient and wasnt even good looking to begin with

Bingo.

>whole series builds up Barney and Lily finally havinv sex
>They don't have sex

What a piece of shit show. Where do I get my NTR fix?

S1-4 Robin is my waifu

Jason Seagull really phoned it in the last 2 seasons. Just fuck you pay me type acting. It was fucking funny to me that he did that.

Robin, she's progun and QT

Season 1 and 3 are good.
Then it gets even more repetitive without the original spark.
Fun to watch, but the characters gets to strict roles later on and it becomes quite stale.
Check out the first seasons though, fun.

For the last season he couldn't even show up to the set

Close, except that Cobie has smaller tits and is pure.

yep, bad Friend rehash basically

He's moved on to bigger things and knew that the show had been going to shit for a while. I don't blame him at all.

I fucking hate this shitcom
Its all the time in German TV
I rather watch the big bang theory

Whatever you guys say it lasted 9 seasons so they won lol

Ted was kind of like JD from scrubs, I watched the show to see everybody but him.

cmon it is way better than Friends

>they won
The creators, Jason Segel and NPH.

The rest of them did only ok and now will be forgotten.

It had its moments to a point, and then I didn't even watch the last 2-3 seasons or so.

What I will say it did very well was the unreliable narrator. They played off it very well and it allowed for some interesting plot points and storytelling methods. Shit like having them eat sandwiches every time they were actually smoking pot was pretty neat, and they did that stuff a lot throughout the show.

In terms of actual quality, it's more like early BBT than Friends, even though it was trying to be the modern Friends.

>2005
>selfie generation

Funny and likable for the first about four seasons, has some good episodes in five and turns unwatchably bad really quickly after that.

She was sort of hot in Seasons 3-4 of Buffy.

>tfw you will never spank alyson hannigan

I guess they decided to "fruit" up

I rewtached it recently and it was a lot worse than i remembered. Basically i see it as

>S1: A mess with way too much focus on Ted and Robin
>S2: Gets good in the final like 8 episodes
>S3 - S5: The shows peak
>S6: More Ted and Robin/now Barney shit
>S7 - S9: Shit

Cobie is part of the Marvel universe, she's doing fine

The show should have ended by revealing that Robin used to be a dude. It would have made sense.

>Cobie is part of the Marvel universe, she's doing fine

Stan Lee gets more screen time than her.

I'm afraid if I do so her jowls would swing around and hit me

AND IIII WOULD WALK 500 MORE

>all those interviews with Hannigan during the final season how she wanted a spinoff for Marshall and Lily with Segel

Only reason to watch HIMYM

She is legitimately the worst character in the show. she admits to manipulating her friends for the sake of a hypothetical fantasy she indulges in. And she's let off for it. Marshall can do better than her.

Schmosby made some movie where he bangs Elizabeth Olsen. I think he won

But she's cute and into spanking.

>there are people on Sup Forums that unironically like this fucking show
jesus fucking christ

True, and I would spank the hell out of 90s Alyson Hannigan but the point still stands that Lilly is a shit

exactly, Lily is a girl you bang during college or maybe in your mid twenties when she's crazy and desperate cause her biological clock is ticking out, and then dump to meet a Robin

dont worry user I too have no joy in life, we'll make it together

Friends, How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory are what I would play to someone in an interrogation room on an endless loop.

I fucking hate E4, they show this shit all the time and it's easily the worst channel here in Bongland.

>DUDE WEED LMAO!
Trashy.