Hey Sup Forums, post your God-tier books

Hey Sup Forums, post your God-tier books
>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

liquidhotdog.com/shit/text/The Vagina Ass of Lucifer Niggerbastard - By Shawn Wunjo.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>graphic novels
>legitimate book
Pick one

>Currently reading then entire gunslinger series by Stephen king

>Stephen King
>legitimate book
Pick one.

>v for fedora

God tier... Lmao

Oh shit, the comic book fag is complaining about my tastes in authors. Amazing considering all the books you show were picked for you by ypur homeroom teacher. Go back to sucking al moores burger cock, mongoloid

Yet another great work that was completelt disowned by the author after writing it

My favorite book is Sphere, it's a sci-fi thriller. Excellent book.

I enjoyed it, apparently a lot of kids didn't at school but I kept my copy

>Great Gatsby
Back to highschool.

Would have been funny if you didn't beat us around the head with it

Hahahaa fuck Sup Forumstards are predictable.

Including graphic novels. Not including hellboy or anything by mike mignola

Your god-tier list is basically your summer reading list plus two preachy comic books

The Road is also great.

I sure will. You go back to reading whatever shit Buzzfeed's "top ten authors" churns out and leave us to it
Alan Moore's a verified Rasputin impersonator, I bet he's got a monster cock

>Writes several hundred stories, many of which are 1000+ pages
>not legitimate
Seriously, with that statement and your shitty taste in books, how is hoghschool?

Muh Hemingway

No Country as well.

The Red Queen
Tao Te Ching
An Isaac Asimov complete short story collection

Lots of good stuff but that's the god tier stuff.

gotta keep them down

I've always found it overrated. It's an interesting commentary on current media, but I think he wrote it just with the intention of doing "Nazis but different"

>meme books

Micheal Crichton is def god tier

Great fucking book

Dune

>Thinking im on my first read
Bitch, i read the first one back in the 90s, when you were still a cum stain on your mothers panties. Only plebs like you need someone to tell them what to read

>reading fiction

my favorite book is 8 steps to happiness by geshe kelsang gyatso.
it's a commentary to the practise of lamrim.
pretty good book, don't be fooled by the cheesy title

I didn't take my books to my new flat, they're still at my parent's, so no picture, sorry.

Rabensturm - Bernhard Hennen (sadly there's no english translation, as far as I know)

The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemmingway

Before I Go To Sleep - S. J. Watson (weak middle section, but everything else was great)

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared - Jonas Jonasson
(The title is just as ridiculous as the book. Almost read it in one sitting. Bought it at a train station, because I had a four hour ride before me. After arrival I stayed at a cafe near the train station and kept on reading until I was almost at the end. Highly recommend, though it fits quite a specific niche, I guess.)

Also this one. Probably the one book everyone should know.

>post your God-tier books

You posted typical school reading assignments and two comic books.

I'm currently reading Neal Stephenson's Seveneves

I kept an open mind about it when I first read it, I liked the ideas it came up with, how the characters were written and I really felt sorry for the main character when there was that scene when he saw himself in the mirror for the first time after his torture.

But I can see your points on it too, it wasn't the best thing I've ever read but I still really liked it

Even for Genre fiction Chricton is second-tier. Literally a meme author. Sphere was his best though.

>entry level/reddit core
Summer summer summer summer summer summer summer summer summer

i think he was predicting a future that seemed plausible in 1948. but events became more Huxleyish than Orwellish.

All The Pretty Horses is amazing too. I think the title dissuades many prospective readers.

The dispute was whether books are "legitimate" rather than, you know, the kind of pulp fiction shit that Jeremy Kyle fans and Trump voters swallow up like their step dad's little red cocks

I really enjoy criminal biographies

okay, I'll look into that one. thanks, user.

Another great fucking book right here

So you agree that ops love of comic books and 6th grade reading is absolute shite?

Stephen King does much better under his pseudonyms when he's not writing horror. He's honestly not a bad author at all, but he's put out a lot of lazy work.

>Yet another great work that was completelt disowned by the author after writing it

Not so. The original publication had 21 chapters, the movie and American edition of the book covered 20 chapters.

Burgess was fairly amused by the deleted chapter.

You think the medium is more important than the content?

Such as the gunslinger, a fatasy novel. And all of his bachman work, like blaze and regulators

Wouldn't disagree there user

The Vagina Ass of Lucifer Niggerbastard.

It's a fun read filling just short of an hour. It will not impact your life and it's completely retarded.

pdf: liquidhotdog.com/shit/text/The Vagina Ass of Lucifer Niggerbastard - By Shawn Wunjo.pdf

his first 5 novels are my favorite things to read, full stop.
but this one is my favorite favorite.

Does that mean he didn't disown the book on the whole? Sorry user am l missing the point here?

If you like it, it's the first entry in a trilogy. They are all good, but Horses is the best.

If you're into Westerns but like them to be more in the direction of Cormac McCarthy than Louis L'amour, the Lonesome Dove saga by Larry McMurtry is a very satisfying set of four books.

Enjoyed this one

>tavistock created propaganda
I loved that book when I was a kid but I now realize it basically conditions you to expect the worse. You see the current fucked up statement we live in as good because it's not as bad as those dystopias(1984, brave new work, Fahrenheit 451, etc)
Ever notice how you always read dystopian novels in school me never any utopian works???
I you like that literature id suggest reading "island" by aldous Huxley. Although it is somewhat hard to find, it was his last(and IMO his best) novel and outlines a near utopian society

it's a great book, about the importance of freedom of thought. I am glad they force kids to read it at high schools.You know what, it should also be mandatory for adults, too. In fact, everyone should be forced to read it every five-years by the government!

Yea
If i go and write the most supreme novel, the ultimate tear jerker with a heartwarming lineup and memorable events and made it so anyone can read it but then posted it on deviantart, would you take me seriously?
Its like the same people who think youtube and twitch is a serious medium

OP here; this, Dune and Neuromancer are all books that I would have pictured in the OP if I had hard copies

Love love love the big sleep. Every time I read it I have to fight the urge to move to California.

>implying you can understand Thus Spoke Zarathustra
>graphic novels
>plays they teach to middle schoolers
>books you read in the 8th grade

Are you excited to start the eleventh grade this year user?

making a note for my next library run. thank you based user.

Mein Kampf - Adolf Hitler,

The metamorphosis - Kafka ( not sure on the name ),

Anything by Edgar Allan Poe

Every Tolkien book about Lotr

The Art Of War - Sun Tzu

The prince - Machiveli

/thread

>forced... by the government
Intentional joke?

Wyndham has a couple of good ones. and that's definitely one of them.

Greatest American novel.

The Caterpillar King by Noah Pearlstone.

If you've read them all and can't find anything new, stick with this one, it's great in its own, very odd way.

I enjoy dystopian novels, let's me see a new world that's similar to mine but overall doesn't exist (but that's just me) I'll give Island a go, also ebay is your friend for novels

This thread is not even worth contributing to... But even so, I feel it is my duty to drop at least one piece of quality literature for you all to look up so that you can say you've read something:

Erikson's the Malazan Book of the Fallen. Read it.
/thread

Burgess NEVER disowned the book, in fact he's written a stage play based on it,

You're not answering the question. You originally implied thay because something is a graphic novel it can't be a good book. Now you seem to be saying the medium doesn't matter and only people's perception of it does?

ITT: assigned summer reading

Fiction is much more honest about the concept of the unreliable narrator.

You're welcome bro. Hope you enjoy. Lonesome Dove saga is Dead Man's Walk, Comanche Moon, Lonesome Dove, Streets of Laredo in that order.

you need get over the enlightenment stage and grow into theory

I see what you did there and I do like the idea of the thought police, I've had a few incidents where I've brought them up when people have been offended by ideas and thoughts and believe the person should be punished for them.

big sleep is also the bomb. all of the first 5 are fantastic.
I discovered chandler when I was 19 and lived in the Bay Area.
when I reread them every couple years, it kind of... takes me back. you know?

Did you steal this from 10th grade English op?

Fucking love Lonesome Dove, I really need to read those books

Forgot to add

>edgy Machiavelli shit

Plato is such a fag, diogenes is where its at homeboy

I've watched a documentary on this, but never picked it up. Maybe I should. Does it work for someone who's never been to the States?

>fedora: the post.

just got The Prince, is it good? half the book is Prologue/Intro that I haven't been bothered to read.

nice. I'll bet my library has them all. soon as I finish my current shit, I'm going on a library run.

Just read a summary of it on the internet from Stanford or a similar source.

I like Kant

It's great - a short read. It does exactly what you'd imagine - lays out a Machiavellian/proto-Social Darwinistic philosophy within the context of a Renaissance Mirrors for Princes guidebook.

Heinlein's Stranger In A Strange Land.

Outstanding book!

Seconded
Also, nice trips

sure. if you enjoy the English language, you'll enjoy chandler. this is going to sound weird, but -- very few authors could write a more polished sentence than Chandler could at his peak.

I said the medium is important. But the writing itself is also important, and watchmen and v for vedetta doesnt have it. For fucks sake man, SK is legit cause he churns out a good story forbwhatever genre he has, fantasy, crime novel, even horror. Moore is garbage cause he writes like a 15 year old cut fag, whose dad beats him

all my this

heinlein
aw yiss

'We didn't start the fire' had this title in it, I'll give it a read

I'm drinking bourbon with you, sport.

pic related was pretty cool. Ridiculous bad-ass who learns to use a sword in about a month and then fucks up the Yakuza- stupid but in a good way.

Joe Abercrombie's fantasy series is quite good. It is like a far superior Game of Thrones.