The Gathering is the best episode of Babylon 5

The Gathering is the best episode of Babylon 5.

>that music
>that tone
>that world building
>that direction
>that best commander

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NzJaQtZty5M
youtube.com/watch?v=vpb1OXvNNMc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also, the show becomes somewhat stale by the third season. I don't like the Shadows, and I don't buy the Sherrdian/Delenn relationship.

The show worked best early on when the Mimbari and Vorlon were mysterious. The universe feels too small by the third season.

I hate the idea that Sherridan is a war leader. I hate independent Babylon 5.

Garhering, Season 1 and early Season 2 = most comfy and compelling. Later eps too plotty.

Rip Michael. Legend of a man.

>the season 3 uniforms
>the abandonment of the best character relationship in the show (Molari and Garibaldi)

Where did my comfy B5 go? This rewatch is getting hard.

The fact that he couldn't stop blinking in the two-parter in Season 3 made me sad.

You have the Molari/K'gar character development though. And Garabaldi being a drunk.

>John 'I'm going nuke your dick off' Sheridan
>Not bestboy

I wasn't really comfortable with him softening up to the Minbari. The writers weren't totally retarded though, he refused to apologise for the nuke ambush.

Babylon 5 was a fantastic show. I kind of want to say ahead of its time but then I realize we haven't really had a show like that since. Equal parts 90s scifi trope bonanza with genuine storytelling and plots and characters.

The Molari storylines are still interesting. G'Kar gets somewhat abandoned after he calms down about Narn home world.

I dunno, man.

>John "GET THE HELL OUT OF OUR GALAXY" Sheridan

God damn if every protagonist could be Bruce Boxleitner

The Home Guard subplot was bad. So on the nose and childish, like something early TNG would do.

Bab5 is timeess. Relevant now on a rewatch, what with the refugees and whatnot. Relevant in a hundred years from now too.

There's not enough B5 discussion, it feels like it's been forgotten.

Not Home Guard, that was good.

I meant the Nightwatch.

B5 was groundbreaking in terms of a large cast, cgi and most of all, an overarching story format. Its legacy is still seen today in ensemble shows. Pity that Sup Forums gaymers can't look beyong the dated cgi and prefer Space Shopping Mall 9 instead.

Well the big D figuring out their time shenanigans had tied their two species together makes a lot of sense that he would change his tune and as any dude knows, women can change just about anything in a guy if they work at it enough.

Doesn't always stick but it would explain 'softening' and you know saving his ass against his own government and giving him kids. The little things heh.

Seriously. He just loves nukes. Nukes Minbari, Nukes Shadows. Nukes random species.

He probably didn't go a year of his life without using nukes somewhere.

>John 'the Duke with a Nuke' Sheridan

I'm not even into scifi, I don't know how I managed to watch the whole thing, despite the awful SFX and set design.

It's just so comfy though. I just like stories set on ships or submarines about the crew's daily life. It gets praised for its overall plot but I thought it got messy the more mythological it became. The most memorable thing for me was just small character moments and banter involving Gkar and Londo, talking about race politics, war and philosophy.

Are TNG or DS9 as comfy?

youtube.com/watch?v=NzJaQtZty5M

I loved this show, I do remember seeing Sinclair as a Minbari and there were 2 flying vorlons next to him at either side of him, I remember thinking were the fuck did they come from. It was the flashback scene were he first became a minbari and welcomes those first minbari or something.

Was it ever explained why Mollari was the only Centauri with an accent? Like other Centauri talked normally.

Apparently just something he made up to make Londo stand out from other Centauri, Refa had an accent too though.

A lot of people like to beat Ds9 when comparing to B5 but to be honest their both pretty good and had their moments.

>tfw nearly every woman in babylon 5 has done nude scenes

It's great.

Please continue.

You're gonna have to google it yourself m8. Imdb it then google each one.

TNG us like exploring space while wrapped in a blanket, all you can do is relax

>I don't know how I managed to watch the whole thing, despite the awful SFX and set design.
Because it's a good show and visuals are ultimately secondary.

>muh extremism
DS9 and B5 were *both* good.

If we want to create more B5 fans, I'd rather do it with honey than vinegar. I'd rather tell DS9 fans that B5 is also good, rather than tell them that they must be "Sup Forums gaymers" if they like DS9. Is that so wrong?

A much better way to get DS9 fans to check it out is to let them know that Jeffrey Combs is in an episode.

And Majel.

this is a joke right?

First season is definitely the comfiest, but the show only got better and better. Season 4 is easily the best season, and the Earth Civil War the was brilliant if a bit too rushed.

>Later eps too plotty
>too plotty
What kind of retarded criticism is this? Too much plot? What?

Anyway, best episode is the series finale. So many feels

Both are great shows and if you enjoy one but not the other you are an autistic faggot. Personally I think DS9 is better, I love B5 but it was far more flawed, could often be way too preachy and on-the-nose, and dialogue was cringe-worthy at times. DS9 just has better writing and production, overall

youtube.com/watch?v=vpb1OXvNNMc

DS9 undoubtedly had better visuals; it holds up better in that respect today. However I found the story more reminiscent of TNG which was less coherent and more episodic. There weren't any real long term themes explored, and character development was more haphazard.

I can see how someone would find B5 preachy, but that's a danger for something that has theme and myth arc. Not everyone will like every theme, and if you have trouble investing in the myth arc then the individual episodes won't matter as much to you.

>There weren't any real long term themes explored, and character development was more haphazard.
...did you only watch the first two years?

I know it gets better, but thematically it was still weaker than B5. Similarly, there was character development but I never felt like it was going anywhere. It was less that the characters were built and evolved, and more that the writers made better use of callbacks.

It's a shame, though, that they did feel the need to follow the TNG episodic structure for those first two years. It works to a degree with a ship, because of all the travel and planet of the week approach, but it made those first two seasons just seem bland.

I dunno, I think DS9 did a great job with its characters. It may not have had planned out arc like B5 did, but the character writing and interaction was more natural and interesting.

I will say this though, G'Kar is the best character in either show. RIP Andreas Katsulas

>it's a Modern Family episode

For me it was Londo. His writing and the acting were both amazing. His arc is just perfection to me, it's hopeful and painful and funny and ugh. I love that character.

Londo is great too, but I think Katsulas is such an amazing actor that it elevates him above everyone else

More like Michael GariBALDi! amirite?