It's time for another late-night space thread

It's time for another late-night space thread.
What do you think is out there, Sup Forums? How deep do you think this rabbit hole we call a universe goes? Come share your beliefs and theories about our universe in this thread.
If you like this thread, please bump it. It'll die if it's just me dumping.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_physics
youtube.com/watch?v=-dOAQxF8My0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Be sure to read the filenames for descriptions of the pictures.

Everyone seems to be obsessed with Mars right now. NASA and SpaceX, especially, are focusing so hard on establishing a colony on Mars. I honestly think it's a bad idea. Why Mars? Wouldn't a colony on our own moon be a million times easier?

One of my favorites.

Fucking beautiful.

Someone post the Pillars of Creation

Hey you're supposed to use this pic when starting a space discussion thread

Fucking internet went down. I hate AT&T so goddamn much.

Here you go user.

It looks delicious, like a giant fluffy space cupcake or something.

I like to imagine the entire universe being one atom of a bigger universe.
Doesn't make sense but hell it's as good as any other guess.

One thing we know for sure is that there is space outside of our universe, otherwise our universe wouldn't be able to expand.
Maybe our universe is just a molecule, heating up and expanding, in some infinitely larger universe.

Cause im a lazyfag how did they take this photo and what do they say it is?

What's really cool about this one is that the walls of the storm rotate every 10 hours, perfectly in sync with Saturn's core's natural radio emissions.

It's basically a fuckload of dust. They're called the Pillars of Creation because they're currently in the process of forming new stars.
The photo was taken by the Hubble Space Telescope.

Saturn is so cool.

>> it's a combination of 32 images stitched together to look like one big image.
It's a nebula where there is a bunch of stars being born, hence the name Pillars of Creation

hey that's my theory too!! Like maybe we're in something else's brain cells...

This is where you live, Sup Forums.

Gravity on Mars is far closer to Earth's. Far fewer long term physiological problems.

It's curious isn't it? Its possibly the most interesting thing a human being can ponder about and yet we are unable to say anything useful about it with certainty.

Kinda makes you wanna sing, doesn't it?

Its fucking awesome pal, they're supposed to be pretty huge. What i would do to get a ride out to see that shit and more

All of my nope.

The photos are taken with long exposures and the colors are added afterwards. Most of the time the colors are based on element composition.

Well, the scenery is nicer on Mars. But going there bore doing a test base on the moon is plain retarded, i.e. People are gonna die.

>wai hallo dar

Im staggered by the beauty. I havent looked at anything astronomical for a while. Wow off to the tube to watch shit b4 bed. See you cunt fucks another time

>a star cool enough to swim on

You guys ever think we'll figure the universe out? Like answer everything there is to question?

I think they will use the moon to test stuff before the Mars colony

No way. There's just too much.
That's not a bad thing, though. That curiosity is exactly what drives us to learn more.

I think about your question very often. I just hope that somehow we get all the answers after we die.

i cri every tiem

yay space anus

2spooky

becuz the gravity of mars is more similar to the earth, the efects of low gravity in the human body are, vision problems, bones-descalsification, risk of cerebral damage.thre are few more

This photo was taken in 2004 with a backyard telescope.
Why don't you break your old telescope out again, Sup Forums?

How about this?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_physics

i got a 10 inch dobsonian, it's too fucking big.

If we fuck up earth too badly, mars could be a good second chance. The moon is too small, has no atmosphere, and very little gravity.

If any of you got time, go read "Time Travel in Einstein's Universe: The Physical Possibilities of Travel Through Time" by Richard J. Gott, It's a cool read about how the universe may have created itself through a stable time loop.

OP here, posting from phone. My internet died again. Let's try and keep the thread alive until it comes back up.
Do you guys think there is life outside our planet? We can't possibly be the only ones in our universe. But if not, then... where is everybody?

Mars doesn't exactly win on the whole atmosphere situation.

And of course it's literally back as soon as I post that.

theres gotta be life out there but the universe is too big to know where dood.

Pillars of Creation in Infared from a different angle

What could it have been, Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=-dOAQxF8My0

Well, yeah. I fucking do.

I love the whole world, and every other planet in our universe.

Mars is our best shot. Venus is way too hot, and Mercury is completely out of the question for colonization. However, some moons of gas giants like Titan or Europa may be colonizable

My uncle's mixtape