mega.nz/#!T99FAaya!yFpxRi7L3wCvICotCrEOgpre3rC3fvUgn7Q4A2VY8-Q
youtu.be/v556VmotIwY
youtube.com/watch?v=fvPwFwmCMhs
youtube.com/watch?v=XgmU1RH1Mr8
youtube.com/watch?v=S0JGIpnX9x8
misha-mishajashvili.bandcamp.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Muslimgauze
god this board is fucking trash. literally the worst board.

before anyone says le/pol/ or le/r9k/, atleast they have better memes than us.
We have this unfunny shit. fucking trash

>god this board is fucking trash. literally the worst board.
>before anyone says le/pol/ or le/r9k/, atleast they have better memes than us.
>We have this unfunny shit. fucking trash

I deleted all the Muslimgauze and Tinarawen off my ipod when I flew to Israel lol.

Did someone play this here like it was their Pot of Greed or Professor Oak card?

>not driving through the West Bank while listening to Muslimgauze

I agree
this actually confused me

what's a good album of his to start with?

Mullah Said

I've got to say, this one is great.

I listened way too much of Muslimgauze. He was doing some things right albeit being a bit repetitive because many still copy him to this day.

Also one of my favorite classics by him. Fuck I listened to at least 120 hours of Muslimgauze over the years and I'm not even finished. The guy was talented and it would be pretty stupid to deny this.

Terrorist.

If you can't see past that (namely artists' retarded political opinions) I'd suggest you to stop listening to music entirely.

I report you to the FBI for sharing and cautioning this terrorist views.

But user, the political aspect of Bryon Jones' music is literally the main focus.

Yeah but his views were so biased and nonsensical that you can discard them.

We're talking about a guy who never set foot in Israel for a retarded reason (he'd never go in a country at war) but in the same time is embracing a culture that for obvious reasons he never knew in the first time.

When you know that you learn to take his political ideas with a grain of salt.

One of the few artists that are really intoxicating.

His music is like a hypnotic drug.

youtube.com/watch?v=eOWPB6PJKbU

youtube.com/watch?v=xxWXHTNs4sw

Muslimgauze - Salaam Alekum, Bastard (1995) [320]
>electronic, experimental, ambient

Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=j2bspQsXq1s

mega.nz/#!HUEXQDaS!5sKNg2LpcTOhy2gHZdA56YGbM6e-YOMDs6XG523hKUM

Muslimgauze - Betrayal
>electronic, experimental, (((pro-palestine)))

Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=g3_J1SnsMSA

mega.nz/#!qNBjGZ6Z!ZjuAnVjKkMBEFdObmBpDjK2-uuNV2U4QMco-1jVth2I

Here's my hope it would actually spark a meaningful conversation about Bryn

Muslimgauze - Zuriff Moussa
>electronic, experimental, pro-palestine

Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=4cubqVNYB6Y

mega.co.nz/#!uMwh3AqC!QBCW1ZLFAUvU59xVHb32rpIqiyhV4_LGCUT8sc3xiLE

He saw the oppression of Palestine being neglected and made musical commentary on the Middle East. Just because he never set foot there doesn't necessarily mean he can't have a say in the matter nor does it make his views any less warranted or legitimate. I suppose I see what you're saying, but the fact is he literally uses radio broadcasts at times from Palestinian radio. He recorded all sorts of stuff from Palestinian airwaves. I wouldn't know whether he has been to the middle east or not, but in order to obtain radio frequency from Palestine I'm pretty sure he'd had to have been there, correct?

>in order to obtain radio frequency from Palestine I'm pretty sure he'd had to have been there, correct
Absolutely not. You can hear shortwave radio frequencies from all over the world.

In any case you should see this kind of activism as something harmless and nothing more than a gimmick that Bryn Jones tried to justify by any means possible.

>Jones frequently netted criticism for never having visited the Middle East. He explained in a 1994 interview, "I don't think you can visit an occupied land. It's the principle. Not until it's free again."[14]

Jones was also aware that an artist will always be an artist and as such shouldn't be seen as a true political activist:

>Interviewer: Do you believe it is absolutely necessary, to take these political aspects into account? Or can one also uncouple the politics and music from each other?
Jones: Yes, one can do that. It is music. Music with serious political facts behind it. There are no lyrics, because that would be preaching. It is music. It is up to you, to find out more. If you don't want that, it is up to you. You can listen to only the music or you can preoccupy yourself more with it.

—Artefakt interview[17]

>it is music
>it is up to you

What more can I say? It's all there.

Muslimgauze - Observe With Sadiq Bey
>tribal ambient

Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=11FJIA9XzTw

mega.nz/#!T99FAaya!yFpxRi7L3wCvICotCrEOgpre3rC3fvUgn7Q4A2VY8-Q

The thing to keep in mind about Jones' "politics", as well as his insanely prolific musical output(to say nothing of the fact that he never held a real job and never moved out of his parents' house and a variety of other things), is that there is a high likeliness that he was legitimately autistic or had some other sort of serious mental disorder.

Many people who've been involved with him, either as record label people, record store people, close friends etc. have said as much themselves.

Taking his politics seriously never made much sense to me. Muslimgauze is outsider art.

>Muslimgauze is outsider art
Well if he actually was autistic probably.

In any case many try to copy him and none succeed.

Me too. I own like 10 cds and 20 vinyls by him, and I feel that I'm only scrapping the surface. I love how you pick up on some repeating themes and nuances throughout his recorded corpus, it's such an interesting experience.

Bryn Jones didn't harm a single person in his entire life. He was an extremely talented musician with some eccentric views, but in no way is he a terrorist. Fans of art should be able to look beyond political opinions, especially when they don't have an immediate baring on the music.

What you can't deny however is that he has no sense of quality control

>>We're talking about a guy who never set foot in Israel for a retarded reason
He never set foot in the Middle East or in any Arab/Muslim country as far as I know.

Say what you will about the guy, he was consistent.

I'm with you 100%.

My favorite thing about him are his breaks: he cuts songs in an unexpected way. It's always surprising. I'd wish to find examples but really can't.

>he has no sense of quality control
>he was consistent
Make up your mind guys!

>Bryn Jones didn't harm a single person in his entire life.
Technically neither did Osama.

we pro-terrorism now.

You're aware that you're talking about a fucking composer though?

>Muslimgauze
I agree w/ this post.

>My favorite thing about him are his breaks: he cuts songs in an unexpected way. It's always surprising. I'd wish to find examples but really can't.
Alms for Iraq is full of this stuff. Also volume changes, weird editing, generally fucked up production. It's a terrific album composition-wise.

>Make up your mind guys!
I meant specifically about his political views. It's correct regarding his musical output.
Although to be fair a lot of it was released after his death when he had no control over it obviously.

Someone needs to apply themselves and make a Muslimgauze chart.

>258 releases by 2016 and no end in sight
Christ.

dude I know is a Muslimgauze super fan. Doubt he'd be up to it though.

I wish I could but I use Musligauze as an audio narcotic so it's not quite compatible.

>258 releases
>one person
>18 years
I thought this type of stuff only exists in grindcore.

Literally who has a better design aesthetic? Who has more production finesse?

Bryn is the man.

I thought he was dead

He is, it's a 2pac-style situation.

Keep the thread bumping imo.

Will I become a terrorist if I start listening to them?

>them

ALLAHU ACKBAt

I've seen many a death metal cover in my life, and that picture is legit intimidating.

There is something uncanny about Muslimgauze's music in general.

Currently listening to this:
youtu.be/v556VmotIwY

And I have to say you're right

Faked his death. The Iraqi government was trying to have him killed.
It's founded in the very real mortal terror of ideological warfare.

>The Iraqi government was trying to have him killed.
But he liked Sadaam

More complicated than that, as far as I can tell.

The Muslimgauze brand started gaining traction in the UK wasn't necessarily seen as a good thing.

Got a read up on it?

He's bullshitting lel. Bryn Jones lived and died in obscurity, his music only started attracting wider attention(and even now he's utterly obscure by most standards) from the mid-2000s onwards.

It was a cool fanfic tho

>he thinks any of these are actually posthumous releases i.e. recorded and mastered before he 'died'
Do some digging. He's alive, he's just staying incognito.
Music biz hearsay more than anything. I work for an small indie label and ppl be talking.

Yeah well right now you're just talking out of your ass and it isn't proving anything

Vous auriez un bon bouquin sur l'histoire de la médecine au Moyen-Âge svp ?

Obviously I can't prove anything. You think I've met the guy?

People close to his music say he's alive. It'd be a really strange thing to lie about, at least.

Ok you've got a point.

Dude there's already a cringe thread up, this is just a simple rec thread.

Mauvais fil, mon cher .

Kind of blue
youtube.com/watch?v=fvPwFwmCMhs

I noticed the lack of replies as well, thanks

Ok guys

Absolute definitive list of his best albums from 1983 until his death GO:

He liked Saddam but supports Hezbollah

Yeah, sure.

Early industrial:
Kabul
Buddhist on Fire
Uzi

Ambient:
Mullah Said
Occupied Territories
Gun Aramaic

Dub:
Ayatollah Dollar
Lo-Fi-India
Babylon iz Iraq

Techno:
United States of Islam
Iranair Inflight Magazine
No Human Rights for Arabs in Israel

Percussion-based groove:
Vote Hezbollah
Izlamophobia
Your Mines in Kabul

Experimental:
Azzazin
Deceiver
Iranian Female Olympic Table Tennis Team Theme

YMMV

Nice

This is the essentials of Muslimgauze right there.

It would seem 1996 was his best year

Yep mid to late 90s (or to early 00s if you count posthumous stuff in that order).

But listening to Muslimgauze is an enterprise in itself. Don't think there is any conclusive list out there. It's abstract art in broad strokes. I found some of my favorite releases/tracks by pure chance, not to mention the ones I physically acquired.

I kind of want to listen to everything up to at least 1998, but it's an intimidating amount of music. I'm the guy who mentioned having listened to his first ten years of music (about 15-17 hours) in the other thread. Least I can do is soldier through 1994-1996.

As for myself, I abandoned this enterprise. I listen to Muslimgauze whenever I want him to take me to another land. For me listening to Muslimgauze is the same as chewing khat or smoking hashish.

His sound is intoxicating and in some ways frightening when he incorporates the tonal landscape of a country at war. Exactly the same as inhaling the exact drugs that plague these countries.

youtube.com/watch?v=XgmU1RH1Mr8

My favorite song will always be A Small Intricate Box Which Contains Old Blue Opium Marzipan.

youtube.com/watch?v=S0JGIpnX9x8

This LP is probably the most elaborate he made.

Well it's been fun while it lasted and we all learned that Bryn Jones isn't dead and went into hiding from Saddam.

So there's that useful piece of information that could win a Pulitzer if used correctly.

I especially liked the part where support and evidences were provided.

I like this meme

Vatican Shadow might not be as prolific a Muslimgauze (what's the point anyay), at least he write good songs.

What I got from this thread was that I need to listen to at least 20 more releases by him before calling it a day. I even made a list.

This thread isn't for you. Try the Sup Forumsmor thread.

If we're on the topic of similar artists, I find Misha Mishajashvili to be somewhat similar in approach and aesthetics, only with the mid-east theme replaced with 50s era Sovietisms, and the groovy anti-western stuff replaced with vodka induced depression.

misha-mishajashvili.bandcamp.com

He didn't like Saddam ?

If it speaks Arabic and has facial hair Bryn liked it, political nuances be damned.

>political nuances be damned

That's stupid

He was a musician, not a fucking columnist for HuffPo.

That's what I'm trying to say since forever but people seem to be confused by the fact that an artist is first and foremost an artist and his activist status is secondary in that consideration.

You know a lot of people will embrace and share his views ? You know it's just more than music ?

Considering people are stupid enough to be convinced by Oï that Nazism is a suitable answer, it doesn't surprise me.

But it's not a valid argument and it never will be.

Leni Riefenstahl
Dima Shostakovitch
Freakin' Richard Wagner

Cut it out, seriously.