>1959
>romans portrayed as white

Romans were fucking Nordic you pathetic cuck.

Wow. You're ancestors must be fucking ASHAMED.

romans were black everybody knows that

Pretty sure Romans were Chinese you morons

>this is what white people consider the most beautiful woman to ever walk the Earth

>Romans
>Not played by slavs in adidas tracksuits

WE
WUZ
ROMANZ
AND
SHIET

LITTLE CAESAR'S N' SHIT

we wuz consuls and shit

WE

ITT: Shows that Sup Forums said were great but were actually mediocre

>greek ruling egypt

Pretty based desu

And she wasn't that hot, just very smart and sexy

tbqhfam, there were very few quality shitskin actors in '59.

I just googled it and found they were real

WTF I HATE ROMANS NOW

forgot pic

>ITT: Shows that Sup Forums said were great but were actually mediocre
>Benn Hurr

Yeah I hate how it got cancelled after one ep

Maybe they shouldnt have made it so long

>2016
>Romans still portrayed as white in some media

Rome was a multi ethnic empire, that being said Romans would probably be disappointed in the fact that they are portrayed mostly by Britannic Celts and Germanics, people they considered to be barbarians

Nordicist scum is no better than Afrocentrist scum. Two sides of the same coin.

Romans were whiter before the multicultural era, after that, the value of being a roman citizen went to zero and no one gave a fuck if the empire deteriorated, then the goths whitened them up again but ultimately being that pivotal to mediterranean, aegean and middle eastern trade it was always going to end up a melting pot.

>Britannic Celts and Germanics, people they considered to be barbarians

this

fucking snowniggers

WE WUZ LEGIONAIRES AND SHIT

To be fair, Romans considered everyone but themselves to be barbarians, it had little to do with geographical position. Greeks were pederasts and not to be taken seriously, even though Romans went full grecophile mode.

>knowing meme history

Italy was already multicultural before the empire. It wasn't until the social war when Italy was even considered "Roman" as most allied cities maintained a degree of autonomy. The Greeks and Carthaginians had colonies in Italy

WAZ

Greeks are Turks

There were from the Mediterranean. Of course they were darker skinned than your Anglos and whatnot.

>Sup Forums claims italians aren't white
>still take credit for rome's accomplishments

The term barbarians mostly applied to peoples without a written language. Greeks, Egyptians, Persians and Indian traders were considered to be "Easterners" with a connotation of degenerate behavior thrown into it. Celts, Gauls and Germans were considered "barbarians"

roman elites were of nordic hyperborean stock
italians are mutts and mongrels

Let me clear something up for you
Italians ARE NOT WHITE!
Also, french, spanish, german, lowlander, british, scandinavian, slavic ARE ALL NOT WHITE
Blacks were in fact the original native whites until """"""""""whites"""""""""" replaced them

The modern concept of "whiteness" is only a few hundred years old and is really an American concept for people who don't know what their heritage is or is made irrelevant (no one treats someone of Swedish descent differently)

>meme history
>replies with memeworthy bs of his own

italy was multicultural in that it was a mix of different city states, yeah there was greek and carthaginian influence culturally, but they didnt breed with the locals on the scale of what caused and followed romes decline

but isnt that like saying all asians look the same? iberian celts, northern celts, anglo saxons, germanics, nordics, baltics, slavs and mediterraneans are all white but distinct ethnic groups

Who is "they"? Stop trying to project modern racism on an ancient civilization that had a completely different world view and social norms than anything that you have experienced or have yourself

Italy's genetic make up has been roughly the same since the neolithic, the alps and the mediterranean worked as a shield

thanks for agreeing with me?

but that Tarantino's movie says otherwise

That is really an American concept. Europeans are able to tell the subtle differences between ethics groups apart due to the fact that they haven't been as mixed and American "whites".

you were implying that somehow germanic people displaced the native population

I said they whitened them a bit after the fall of rome because, you know, they toppled rome and raped the place back to front, but that it went back to a melting pot afterwards

Despite the lengthy Goth and Lombard presence in Italy, it is estimated that the I1 haplogroup associated with the Germanic peoples is only present among Italians in the north in the order of 2-3% and from 1 to 1.5% among Italians in the south.[11]

In some places yes they did, it others they mostly just mixed in until people stopped caring about ancestry or speaking actual latin altogether. These changes didn't happen all at once as the upper class tried on distinguish themselves as patricians of the senatorial class even in the middle ages when it really didn't matter. But soon everyone simply stopped

I stand corrected I guess, albeit to the extent a wikipedia article can be trusted

Real nords are usually very modest about it.
It's the nordposters who tend to be cringeworthy, 'muh heritage'- fags

Conquests drastically changing the genetics of the native population is basically a meme.

Most "nord" posters are Americans of "Irish" (potato nigger) ancestry

because obviously italians and greeks are big fat niggers

back to Sup Forums you go

OP are you the nigger who got offended in the Wakanda/Black Panther thread?

Depends on what kind of conquest. There is genetic evidence of genocide of the celtic peoples of England (minus Ireland, Scotland and Wales for you tards) during the Anglo-Saxon invasions. For a more recent example you can look at a place like Mexico where a majority of the native population died due to plague and are now replaced by people or foreign or those mixed with foreign descent while the pure "natives" are a discriminated minority

Basically this

>This triggers OP

Romans were Trojans btw

No doubt there are exceptions of course. But the usual Sup Forums memes about Moor or Mongol blood are hugely exaggerated.

Zyzz ;_;

>Zyzz died 5 years ago

Roman Empire was multinational, those might be Nubians.

KEK
Auxiliary troops dressed as they always had. It's a matter of proficiency

I take peoples whose solution to their personal problems is to "get rid of X people who aren't like me" with a large grain of salt

In the ass?

>implying the Roman army wore the same uniform all the time

Most of those guys didn't even have red cloaks (or cloaks dyed of any color for that matter). The Romans mostly ended up dressing according to the mission and you had issues with the soldiers in places like the German border abandoning the uniform and weapons in favor for shit like animal furs and long swords because it was cold and any fighting in the forest would not be in any close formation anyways

>you will never see another original Zyzz video again
>All those gains lost laying 6 feet under

I cant handle this, I gotta post a feels thread on /fit/ again

Propaganda

This. Cleopatra was considered to be fairly average looking, just considering her features.

But she had access to the best cosmetics in the west, the fanciest clothing and hairstyling, and she was very smart and charming. She also wasn't afraid to act alluring. That's what made her so attractive.

kys

actually a few hundred years ago a swede wouldn't have been considered white in america.

True, also keep in mind that the standards of beauty in the ancient world were different than today. Any royalty would probably be much more beautiful than the average impoverished peasant who worked in the fields all day.

Also a big part of Cleopatra's appeal was that she could actually interact on a human level with big players like Ceasar and Mark Anthony. Those guys would never meet another woman who really understood what it meant to have power and the responsibilities that come with it.

Considering Rome controlled large portions of North Africa after the Punic Wars, I'm not surprised that some/many Roman citizens were black.

Plus, Greek and Egyptian mythology were very intermingled, so the plate of Aprodite being black isn't so far-fetched.

But the actual natives of Rome were about as white as it gets outside of ">Italians >white".

that "ancient plate" is actually by an an artist called erte and from the '70s, and it's the queen of sheba not aphrodite.

>isn't that like saying all Asians look the same?

It's a bit like that, but most American white people are mixed of several or many European ancestries. I personally have Irish, Scottish, English and Italian heritage, for example. While there certainly are still some white ethnic communities (e.g. South Boston being Irish), it's more of a community thing than a racial/ethnic one. The end result is that people actually look quite different, and thus no one look is particularly unique to any certain heritage, which means people don't instantly separate into ethnic groups.

If a whole bunch of Asians from every country moved to, I dunno, Alaska and mixed and moved around and formed a melting-pot "Alaskan" culture, you'd be similar to American white people. They'd probably enjoy knowing how much of their heritage was Japanese or Filipino or whatever but they'd think of themselves as Alaskan.

>Americas and Australias population changed dramatically in 300 years
>Italy, Spain and Balkans didnt change while being under Muslim rule, millions of slaves imported during Roman times and Ottoman conquests
dei wer alweijs laik dis, good thing we have all modern times recorded, this refugee crisis thing will make german, british and scandinavian population look like italian, spaniard and greek, dont worry we in the east wont forget

I stand corrected.

>the Roman Empire encompassed multiple non-white countries
>Rome granted all the muds Roman citizenship
>Rome fell

:~)

"Barbarian" was what they called anyone who spoke a foreign language, because it sounded like they were saying "barbarbarbar"

Rome fell because of the Goths, not because of the muds

>some guy has an opinion
>some other guy has a contradicting opinion

Fucking hypocrites!

The West fell because it was financially insolvent, had an antiquated bureaucracy an a political system which could be summed up with "number 2 kills number 1 unless number kills number 2 before he realizes number 1 is going to kill him"

When will the Italians finally apologise for killing Jesus?

Many italians still look like that

You forgot the immigrants part. It's very important, actually

tbqh that's as close to an ancient Roman a modern human can get

most of those images are fayum mummy portraits. so they would have been egyptians or greeks. that is egyptians or greeks from before the arab or turkish conquests. granted they probably used the darkest ones they could find or subtlety altered them to look more black, but that is what they looked like before the arab/turkish conquests.

Says the mongol rape babby

>accept a bunch of nations
>500 years pass
>now you are christian conservative
>don't let goths (other white people) in, despite promising them to
>they fuck your country over

The immigrants was actually very minor compared to the constant usurpation, assassinations, corruption, tax avoidance by the rich. Everyone likes to blame the problem on an outside source instead of looking inwards at their own problems which is why the immigrants get blamed by people who don't understand the Roman economic and political system. It was over for the west the minute Diocletian split the empire into two administrative regions, there simply was no incentive for the Emperor in the East to subsidize the West out of his own treasury

>5 years ago was actually 50 years ago

>white people claiming Latium

beauty standards back then were fucked though, i don't believe any of us would find her that attractive desu. skinny girls for example were not high up the ladder, since that only meant that they were poor.

i do wonder if male royal members always had the pick of the litter so to speak, if they could just fuck around like crazy or not.

>financed by white investors
>made by a white crew
>targeted at white audience
>casts white actors
OH MY GOD THE INSANITY

I don't even care if it's historically accurate (which it more or less is).

Whites were Teutons and Saxons, N SHEET.

WE WUZ ROMANZ AND SHIEET