What is the spookiest song on this album?

What is the spookiest song on this album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kg3fsTjEY5c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candace_Newmaker
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The pregap track

The Devil Is In The Details

also listening to Gyroscope while trying to sleep is probably the worst mistake i've ever done

Opening the Mouth

Either Dawn Chorus or You Can Feel The Sky

This guy gets it

At first you think it's Beware the Friendly Stranger, the Devil is the Details, or You Could Feel the Sky.

But the actual answer is Julie and Candy, once you know what it's about.

I always thought music has the right to children was a album fit for sleeping to. That's until you wake up in the middle of the night to a child saying "I LOVE YOU" in distorted slow motion.
this

But Julie and Candy is pretty chill with all those distorted flutes.
I think In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country is the perfect sleeping album.

>not posting the spoopiest of all

youtube.com/watch?v=Kg3fsTjEY5c

Has anyone listened to this album while high? What was it like?

Like every other time I'm high listening to decent background music.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candace_Newmaker

>background music

When I get high music takes 100% of my attention. Unless it's super shitty music or something.

*Could

dumbfuck

Yeah, when it's something actually more involved than BOC, maybe.

It's about the same experience as listening to Mort Garson, Aphex Twin, OPN, BSMR, Flying Lotus, etc.

You're just focusing really hard on listening to good music. That doesn't really honestly achieve any more enjoyment than just passively listening to it for me.

I mean, I'm not intentionally trying to focus or anything. It just captivates me, especially when high.

Aphex Twin and OPN for example have so many layers and interesting rhythms that I can't just put it in the background. If I get high and listen to either of them, or BOC, I just kind of space out in the dark and do nothing but listen.

I'm a bit weird and mentally ill though so don't mind me.

Try listening to it while being awake for more than 48 hours.

I listened to MHTRTC on shrooms back when fresh mushrooms were legal in the UK and it was fantastic. A very synaesthesic experience, I saw synth lines as expanding ribbons of colour.

I bought Geogaddi the following week with the notion of doing the same but I took one listen and thought it might not be such a good idea.

>I saw synth lines as expanding ribbons of colour.
Tried LSD for the first time last week and listened to Aphex Twin (SAW etc.). Had almost identical experience. I could see it slowly transitioning through all the colors.

beware of the friendly stranger
works really well in that salad fingers animated series

>flying lotus
One of these things is not like the other..

>Implying you can't hear similarities between 1983 and BOC.

Magic Window

>Julie and Candy

what is it about then?

Corsair.
It takes a fucking ear to hear it.
"1...2...3...4"
And the fact that the track settles us to Magic Window, the most extreme track on the album no doubt.
Other contender being Alpha and Omega, with percussion you're unable to tell how many different orders of snare and kick there are in a row before a repeat. Perhaps there is no loop in that, just seven minutes worth of different kinds of ways for that percussion to work out.
It's much more easier for me to listen to this album one song at a time now, the entire experience is too draining for me.
I really need a reason to listen to it completely again nowadays.
That much I can say.

See

yeah I googled it afterwards.

well now I'm never gonna hear this track the same again

What the fuck is even the "Geogaddi is so spooki omgz" meme? I like the album 'n all, but I've never gotten that vibe from it at all. It's just fucking beats.

It's pretty spooky after you've listened to it a shitton of times.
There are layers and layers of hidden samples and references, often related to occult symbolism.
Also, you have to admit that Geogaddi has a pretty dense atmosphere.

try again

I get that, I just never found it to be creepy. Oh well, it's a good album regardless, maybe I'll catch the vibe next time.

fug

Damn nigga...
If I had gotten out of there I would've straight murdered the people that were saying it was good I was shitting myself and vomiting