>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

stringtensionpro.com/
musiciansfriend.com/accessories/gibson-modern-nickel-machine-heads-with-metal-buttons#review
youtu.be/4fhXYCFU7i8
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9f07HAoA3SbOWZveTMyVDdMYmM/view?usp=drivesdk
clyp.it/mirwx5mo
youtube.com/watch?v=ETbDIngnOeU
youtu.be/kW7NYXtOejw
guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research/Omen-Extreme-6-Electric-Guitar.gc
songsterr.com/
bassmusicianmagazine.com/2016/11/erb-legend-jean-baudin-bass-musician-magazine-december-2016-issue/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do I learn how to string together good sounding chords on the fly?

Also, how do I improve on my strumming technique in general? Strumming is my weak point, I can't even get down the strumming in ITAOTS and Two Headed Boy

Buy me an explorer in return for sexual favours

check previous thread. i replied you (unless youre reposting because the answer was useless lol)

Just turn up the gain.

I'll need to practice scales then, thank you!

What is your current practice regimen /gg/?

you need to update the string tension link

stringtensionpro.com/

are people really posting in this niggers thread?

you're probably tensing up too much when you strum and you're probably using your entire arm to strum. arm strumming can work fine, but it gets tiring, you want most of the motion coming from your wrist

put the guitar down and just shake your wrist and arm around, that's kind of the feeling you want when you strum

practicing hammer ons and pull offs now. basically i position index finger and hammer on using the middle finger for at least a minute, then the subsequent fingers, and i force myself to make as much sound for as long as possible. seemed pretty stupid at first but my hammer ons and overall finger stability kind of increased so i keep on doing it

Reposting from laat thread, plz no spam.

Practice different patterns to a metrnome. If youre just strumming chords in a band its more important to fit in with everything else than having something unique, if you can do both great but dont destroy the rhythm trying to show off.

Learn what chords are in a key. Say A minor, the root will sound good with Am, Am7, Asus2(depending on the song it might be too poppy or too ambiguous), and a bunch of others, but generally the root should be pretty simple and then you can get weird from there. And you dont have to necessarily change chords. Same key, say bass player goes from C to A, you can ride Cmaj for both because C major contains 3 out of 4 notes you can use for Am7(C E G vs A C E G). Another thing you can do, if bass player is going from A to F, you can start out on Am then go to an Am6 inversion(A F A C) that would actually make it Fmaj/A(f major over a) in that instance, which would add some cool tension.

Its really open ended, and you can experiment by changing one note in a chord shape, or playing the same note in each chord, like going through a Gmaj Dmaj Em Cmaj progression but playing a D on the b string in every chord.

Build the chords out of the scale, if you want to change keys you can easily do it by finding smiliar tones between them

Holy shit, that makes a difference. I've been doing it all wrong, damn

How do I stop my SG from getting out of tune? This fucking guitar has been trouble since day one.

Kek has blessed this thread

light picks also making strumming easier, but light picks aren't that great for lead playing because you can't control them that well

install locking tuners/replace nut with graphite nut/lubricate string slots with pencil/replace strings with higher gauge (not sure about this one)

Most Gibsons have this problem. Spend a while stretching out the strings if you already haven't, and if it still goes way out of tune really easily, check the nut to see if it's cut properly.

stretch your strings

if its still going out of tune then its probably the nut. when you tune do you hear any popping creaky sounds? if so then your nut slots are too small and your string is binding in them

Any locking tuners I can get that aren't the price of a new guitar?

dont take my word for it, I've never replaced tuners before, but many people claim they work, and my epiphone flying v that has locking tuners does hold tune better than my gibson flying v with traditional ones.
found this
musiciansfriend.com/accessories/gibson-modern-nickel-machine-heads-with-metal-buttons#review
Don't know if it's good though

From the last thread, it's probably dead
I'm writing a song similiar (read: plagiarised) to Babe I'm gonna leave you for a school project. I'm trying to have the same "spanish, mysterious" feel to it, since I'm in a Group with two pop-tard normie chicks, who both sing and don't play any instruments, so I'm the only one with actual musical knowledge.
Any tips?

watch josh turner vids on youtube

he collabs with female artists all the time. not josh turner the country singer, josh turner the scrawny youtube musician

Then I don't have access to a clean sound without stooping over and fiddling with some knobs

faggot edition

pls don't start anything :(

What am I supposed to do with this info anyway?

Is it just for if I want to change tunings or string gauges but maintain a similar amount of tension?

I just play songs
I want to learn what the hell I'm actually playing later on

Yes, or if you want similar tension on a guitar with a different scale length, etc. It's super useful.

Any tips for bass plucking technique? I'm tense as fuck and can't seem to fix it, keep going numb.

youtu.be/4fhXYCFU7i8

install a thumb rest on your bass

then you can focus on just using your fingers

yes its quite important

Depends on your muting technique, with floating thumb your shoulder basically provides the tension which you're plucking against. With anchored thumb you are, well, anchored so that works. Make sure to warm up before playing, just play across the open strings or get in a groove. It honestly just takes time to get the muscle memory.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B9f07HAoA3SbOWZveTMyVDdMYmM/view?usp=drivesdk

think this quick track I did is more suited for /gg/

hows my playing guys? just getting back into it this year after a long hiatus.

It's also useful for matching tension across a set, here as the B has only 11#, you may want to go up a gauge to .012 or .013 even, if the tension felt better/more even across the set. You can make your own custom sets. It's why you can buy singles, instead of pre-made sets.

rate my tone gg
clyp.it/mirwx5mo

I like it :) especially the bassline and tone

If I can play the intro to "this charming man" by the smiths, where is my skill level at?

nice. seems like you've been practicing for about 9 years or so eh :^)

>clyp.it/mirwx5mo
u need a metronome

w3rd. just upgraded my pups and bridge not too long ago. new amp next, that was an old blues jr I got back in 9th grade.

who /jean baudin/ here

new music when???

youtube.com/watch?v=ETbDIngnOeU

metronomes are for coward yankee capitalists
a true slav follows the rythm of his heart, beating for motherland

This is cool. I like this kind of echo effect. I kinda wish it went more places melodically instead of remaining kind of an ambient texture the majority of the time.

youtu.be/kW7NYXtOejw

Who else thinks strats are fucking shit?

> bellycut that makes the guitar point out when standing

>autistc horns

>shitty jackplate that doesn't work with 90° plugs

> trem thats not good enough to divebomb but can't do a proper vibrato like a bigsby eather

> awkward knob position and layout

> 5 way switch cus more is better hurrdurr

> mia is overpriced af

3 way + push pull > 5 way switch > 3 way switch

push pull is just a selling point, doesn't even sound like a single coil

that's probably because a push pull mechanism is a switch, not a type of pickup, it's kinda hard to make a switch sound like a pickup.

Nice meme.

I mean the guitar, not your post.

Honestly, i think id really like a strat thats rear routed, has control placement more similar to an sg(1 vol, 1 tone, 1 switch is fine), no pickguard, pickups mounted with pic related, and a trem that worked like a bigsby(but bigsbys on fenders look horrible)

classic tele models are pretty annoying. hunk of bridge metal right in front of the back pickups.

It doesnt, but on some pickups it does give a different sound, and lower output. Ive used split buckers on more than a few occasions. Some just sound bad split, i had some dimarzio evos like that, and a couple stacked buckers that were just horrible split. If you find a nice one though it opens up a couple doors.

Pretty much any of the fender meme guitar with that scale length forces you to play like a dude-bro crab

Then why market it as such

Is it a good guitar or just a meme?
guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research/Omen-Extreme-6-Electric-Guitar.gc

Whats you experience with MXR like?
Thinking about getting the micro chorus, dist + and 10 band eq

i hate every single thing about strats. they feel like a flimsy toy. i do not understand the fascination and obsession people have with that hunk of shit.

>fender meme guitar with that scale length
because fender only did one scale lenght on their guitars right
22.5" = 24.75" = 25.5" = 27"

because the common guitarist is dumb, conservative, and doesn't know much.
there's a lot you can do with on board electronics, even without going for active pickups.

ugly as fuck but the build quality is ok

>being a fat fuck so much that the belly cut causes the guitar to stand out

Yeah thanks to the half inch plastic finish there's like not even a point to make the guitar out of wood

>fender meme guitars

Read: telecaster, stratocaster

>having trouble with 25.5"
lmao

Actally im skeleton but dont hang my guitars lower than grandpas nuts

I like the Carbon Copy

Fight me figit

so i just bought cheap a guitar last weekend to try and learn to play. I haven't really done much other then kinda try to learn some dexterity exercises and try to figure out a c major (chubby fingers) becuase i get home really late from work.

My question though is it worth it to drop 32ish dollars on the lifetime subscription to ultimate-guitar?

its got a lot of songs i want to one day learn to play and they really do kinda fuck you over with the amount of things they hold back.

>strat shape
If you like this kind of guitar you're a basic bitch

You can download them user

What the fuck do i use to cut the headstock on my tele?

Try here, it's not bad.
songsterr.com/

Are mustangs 4 grills?

It seems like that's how they market them these days

Nononononoohgodpleaseno it's a shit company that removes features and ad more advertisement to sell there shit subscription that doesn't fix any of the issues, also the tabs are user created so alot of them are just inaccuret

>chubby fingers
Lol everybody thinks this when they start out, you will get it eventually, make sure your fingers lay on the string propperly not to high as in touching the nail aka "claw gripping" and not to far to the hump on you fingers

My advise for anyone new learn the way notes work in other words

a a# b c c# d d# e f f# g g# (b and e dont have a sharp)

Now learn to find them on the top strings
(E & A)

Then the octave shapes (see justin guitar)

Now you should know every note on the fretboard

There after learn how chords are formed, then scales and so on.

Soon you"ll be able to figure out the songs yourself by just listening to them like all the guitar gods did before the internet

girls and twinks

that and homosexuals

How long is it supposed to take to learn barre chords? It's taken me ages, though I did have a period of not playing for a while. I'm only just starting to get them down.

Learn to play 5 chords first like

D 5
A 5
E 3

Then after a while try to lay down your pointing finger

It can also be hard if your guitar has a big neck radius

barre chords are pretty infamous my dude, just gotta practice

Yea after the 90's it have always been a guit for special snowflakes but they're really comfy

Yeah, been practising daily, nearly there I hope. I am learning on an acoustic so I guess it's harder to get them down that way? Thanks

Yeah, that can be the case, keep it up

A thousand times this, dude got me onto tapping and stompboxes when I was in high school. He's got new stuff coming soon, supposedly more experimental than Mechanisms.

bassmusicianmagazine.com/2016/11/erb-legend-jean-baudin-bass-musician-magazine-december-2016-issue/

this

definitely harder on acoustic

beginners should consider light strings while learning barres

It's like you guys don't even try to buy sexy guitars.

are there other guitarists like John Mayer where you think he's trash but then realize he can slay?

Thanks, I'm not necessarily new to guitar, I just didn't play barre chords before.

I'm playing on pretty heavy metal strings at the moment lol, so that's probably not helped, but I believe I am near to getting them down.

Thanks.

Nick Jonas

learning on medium/heavy strings is a lot harder, but you won't have to repeat the process if you started on a lighter gauge

hmm... links please? all I can find is "nick jonas guitar solo fail"

He's memeing you

Kek

I'm looking to get a delay pedal in the near future, budget is about $100. Is the Memory Toy any good?

It has been very difficult, and I gave up at one point, but I came back to it. Maybe I'll have got them sounds sweet in a couple of months.

Lil Wayne

>Buying a color dyed guitar is a certain sign of autism

Prove me wrong

kerry king
get it ?

I'm usually very happy with EHX pedals.

I've got an MXR carbon copy and I like it.

I'd play the shit out of that guitar tbqh

40c?

Is the speaker shit lile people say? And is the eq section good?

I would recommend a coping saw, a jig saw would be quicker but im assuming youve never used one or that would have been your first thought. You would need experience with a jig saw to make that cut clean. And youd probably have to take the tuners off.

So, coping saw. Dont forget to reseal that maple after youre done. Itll be noticeable, but if you dont damage the finish on the front it wont be that noticeable. Get a spray can of lacquer or rub on poly depending on whats on there now.

Also, this is a bad idea.

ya 40c. I like the wattage modes. good for practice and ample for gigs

the eq is a little subtle, but I love the sound of adding more bass in

the sound definitely is not for everyone, but it works great for me.