Albums that make you say "ok, this is fucking great pop songwriting"

Albums that make you say "ok, this is fucking great pop songwriting"

Other urls found in this thread:

academia.edu/178279/Folk_Music_Art_Music_Popular_Music_What_do_these_categories_mean_today
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think you want more contemporary albums so take this. also, some songs of DFA 1976 makes me feel that.

>pop

what the fuck are you on about? this album is progressive rock a la 90s indie rock, it has very little to do with pop. very little of it follows traditional pop song structures, it's full of extended jam sections and the songs often shift gears half way through

it's a meme to call anything rock-based pop, since rock has its origins in pop. i've seen some people on this board call even the proggiest of acts pop.

>progressive rock a la 90s indie rock

So it's very thoroughly pop, huh.

to be fair every song has really strong hooks

thanks for the great advice.

Im talking mostly about the melodies, everytime I hear made-up dreams I get several goosebumps

I Would Hurt a Fly is one of my favourite songs ever. It's actually uncomfortable to listen to, dark lyrics and it keeps switching from an atmosphere of regret to callousness. Very rarely does music actually make me feel proper emotion but Martsch nailed it here.

yeah, made-up dreams makes me fall something like that, doug is a fucking hook master.

academia.edu/178279/Folk_Music_Art_Music_Popular_Music_What_do_these_categories_mean_today

Found the dumbasses

velvet waltz best song no debate

the dumbass is the guy who listens to 5 minutes of uninterrupted multilayered guitar noodling and goes 'ah yes, brilliant pop!'

you're dumb as heck user, pop music is not the same as the broad category of popular music, and any attempt to conflate the two would be a wilful misunderstanding on your part

Most of their albums actually, but this one in particular in terms of songwriting.

more like shitty pop songwiriting desu

You might like this. Kind of alternative rock styled like BTS. Definitely less complex but still really great, and great melodies throughout the entire album

This album is SOOO fucking good I wish Sup Forums posted it more often. I got reccomended it in a chart thread and fell in love immediately.

blur- parklife/ the great escape
weezer_pinkerton/blue album
andi shauf - the party
of montreal_ cherry peel/hissing fauna/ sunlandic twins
beatles dischography

True Love Waits is a little too stripped-back for me but Present Tense and Glass Eyes fucking kill me

>The outro to Daydreaming
Goosebumps

please stop this meme, literally 99% of the music Sup Forums talks about would be pop then

99% of itis

I love this album

it feels like finger nails across the mooooooooooooon