/lbg/ Letterboxd General

RATE. DISCUSS. WATCH

Question of the day:
Do you have any films that you're too ashamed to add to your Account?

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/ay496/
letterboxd.com/machill54/
letterboxd.com/steakbro/
soundcloud.com/skiball/i-hate-bernie-sanders-feat-demopot
letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
letterboxd.com/hbk/film/spider-man/likes/
letterboxd.com/SwimmingPool/
letterboxd.com/lozjudai/
rateyourmusic.com/~EtInArcadiaEgo
letterboxd.com/Pupkin/
letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Do you have any films that you're too ashamed to add to your Account?

no why would you

>Tumblr furry OP

>Do you have any films that you're too ashamed to add to your Account?

What? No. Why would I be ashamed of having seen any particular film? Examples, please.

*tip*

>ask friends if they want to go see green room
>"no"

o-oh

it's shitty anyway.

Looks like it would be better at the cinema than at home

hmm... yeah I can see where you're coming from, but I can also see it as a late night "you're kinda drunk, maybe high" movie to watch with some friends or something.

>Make Letterboxd Great Again

What did he mean by this?

>having friends that would watch green room with you

this is triggering me

Sorry man

letterboxd.com/ay496/

no

letterboxd.com/machill54/

why is the office so good yet everything gervais has gone for nearly 10 years now been bad

Extras was solid.

Extras was also good

That finished just under 10 years ago

>10 years ago

>10 years ago

What's your favourite exploitation movie?

Do you want to go with me to see Green Room?

sexy fox

yes please are you free tomorrow

I'm free every day

That sounds wonderful I'll see you there

letterboxd.com/steakbro/

why would i watch films that i'd be ashamed to admit i watched

I basically tricked someone into seeing it with me and he was upset

Sometimes ashamed to log in my diary but I still mark as watched

Lucky you, Green Room is pretty shit.

Which is funny, because at first it seems like it might be a good move, and Patrick Stewart's performance actually makes it look like one, when it's actually really, really bad.

are you going to justify your opinion at all or just state it worthlessly

Recommend me a film to steal filmmaking methods from

barry lyndon

Bernie London

Kino Pravda

die pinko scum

soundcloud.com/skiball/i-hate-bernie-sanders-feat-demopot

what about the podcast? and the golden globes

I'm not putting that kind of effort into a throwaway post in an unrelated thread, but since you're asking I'm happy to tell you exactly why I think so:

For one, every single one of the "good" main characters is unlikable. Maybe I'm just not punk enough, but they all kinda came across as pretentious assholes. Their performances do little to remedy that, since they have few lines and all except two never bother to develop a personality that goes beyond maybe one or two traits ("she's a leader-type!", "he knows martial arts!").

What little story the movie has (identity of the dead girl/motive for her murder) is paper-thin, which might be fine if it just served as an excuse to get the plot going and then never appeared again, but it actually becomes somewhat important later on in the movie, without really making you care about it beforehand. All it did was remind me of how much I didn't care about any of the characters.

So much happens because the characters are either lucky or the villains are dumb. Why didn't they post dudes in the basement, when there's clearly some sort of backdoor? Why didn't they just shoot them earlier? Why were they stopped by a flimsy fucking door that was easy to kick open later on in the movie? Too many things that don't make sense and as a result make the successes of the main characters seem undeserved at best and asspulls at worst.

Those are my main gripes that ruined most of the movie for me, mostly because they were a constant issue. It does do a few things well, though. It's very ruthless with main characters and manages to get by without plot armour right up to the last act, the action is good, the way it builds tension is very good, Patrick Stewart plays a pretty interesting character against type. It's got some good points but not enough to make up for its ever-present flaws.

I'd rate it 4/10.

pure songkino

Yes

Mean Girls

what i'm gathering from this is that all of your issues gestate from being unable to relate to the characters. which is... actually fairly reasonable. you're correct in saying they don't get a lot of development. this is actually the primary issue i had with it as well, but it didn't color my opinion of the film nearly as strongly as it did yours.

as for the characters getting lucky or the villains being dumb, i bought into it. the film felt grounded and realistic enough to have elements like that, especially when they feel so intentional. because let's face it, in real life, that's how things work. to address some specifically, though:

>Why didn't they post dudes in the basement, when there's clearly some sort of backdoor?
it's locked. likely someone outside of it.

>Why didn't they just shoot them earlier? Why were they stopped by a flimsy fucking door...?
they were planning on setting up a crime scene on their property to make it look like the band had trespassed and was siphoning gas from them, so it appeared legal. they avoided using guns because none of them were registered.

>it's locked. likely someone outside of it

The owner was there, I assumed he had the key. And if I remember correctly, at least one of the main band climbed out a window down there. There should have been some effort to flank them at least, but there was absolutely none.

>they were planning on setting up a crime scene

Sure, but I feel like they went with that plan for way too long, especially once they established how nobody except maybe one or two people even knew the band was there. I just got the impression that the point where the original plan became more trouble than just shooting them came far sooner than it did in the movie. Which annoyed me to no end, because I'm the kind of person to get annoyed at the villains if they lose due to their own stupidity or hubris.

genuinely well done for actually explaining your opinion and talking about film in a /lbg/ thread

one band member climbed out of a window on the upper floor and he was immediately hacked to death with machetes. no one got out via the basement.

for the other point, again, i didn't ever find it taxing to believe that they'd keep going with their original plan. not really something i can justify or explain further than i already have. i guess i can point out that they wanted to eliminate any possible loose ends by having the corpses found, but you already know that.

also this.

Will she ever post in /lbg/ again, lads?

>one band member climbed out of a window on the upper floor and he was immediately hacked to death with machetes

This I actually loved. Same goes for the guy that got punked by a dog. Call me cynical or jaded or whatever, but I'm kinda sick of main characters always needing a big, dramatic death scene. It's really refreshing to see characters just die and that's that.

she has bad taste in film.

yeah, i agree. i also liked the way the film played with expectations and genre tropes by doing the exact opposite of what you would expect every time, particularly how it takes it to another level and subverts the commonly done practice of casting a well known actor (Anton Yelchin in this case) and killing them off first, or at least early. it's the one element that's played straight in a film that's constantly undermining your expectations, so it's actually surprising when he makes it to the end of the film alive.

Is that Paul Dano with a wig?

the fuck is this shit

wow I just noticed that because of the new circle avatars my avatar just says 'I love fil'

should I kill myself

This post and image should be a new meme

idk what is that a slite design change to ur fuken steam profile friend list achievementpoints gtfo who care not me

cinemos when

STUPIT IMAGE! AWAY WITH THIS GARBAGE!

i asked for a date not a dumb ass pic

>ptp that big

garbage tracker for plebs

letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
No, but I've excluded some shorts from my diary like Eric Lee's Taking of the Shrim.

letterboxd.com/hbk/film/spider-man/likes/

top jej jackie

"""she""" does the fartposting

watched zootopia today

don't know what i expected but i was disappointed

nah it's a 5star cinemomatagraphic moviegone viewpleasure sexperience

/thread

Recommend me Award Winning Movies

yes. I think she really will.

If parody counts, Black Dynamite

If not, Boss Nigger

I haven't seen many exploitation movies though

What would you recommend then?

cop or not?

letterboxd.com/SwimmingPool/

CG and Tik are the only good film web sites

wow I forgot bithq how embarassing

Tik is too hard to get into. They don't recruit.

def cop

>tfw too lazy to watch any movies

At least I got to play CvS2 and Deadly Premonition for a change

letterboxd.com/lozjudai/

Dead thread yet again

your fault

fucc yes

rateyourmusic.com/~EtInArcadiaEgo

cinemos when ~_~

No, I think the account itself is more of a reputation problem.

The amaranth virus is spreading

>Nosering
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

good, that makes my chances all the better

Scamaranth looks nothing like her faget

As a schmuk I can identify fellow schmucks

letterboxd.com/Pupkin/

Schmuck

Schmuck

Not a schmuck

Uberschmuck

Schmuck

What a weak thread we have on our hands today. Who allowed furries and orbiting to take over threads like this?

Might go see Ran in special screening next week. Which kurowasa films should I view beforehand?

ctrl + f: "embryo"
results: 0

your weird

A srasz?

>Fight Club

follow the vulva :P

fuck the vulva

please dont

t. embryo

t. Alberto Barbosa

letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/
hey you fuggin embryos