accident: 0.0409% chance
suicide: 0.01289% chance

death by terrorist: 0.00000629% chance
death by cop: 0.000123% chance

chance of armed robbery: 0.0374% chance
during home invasion: 0.08367% chance

Why are you so fucking afraid?

medicalnewstoday.com/articles/282929.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_in_the_United_States,_2015
start.umd.edu/pubs/START_AmericanTerrorismDeaths_FactSheet_Oct2015.pdf
statista.com/statistics/251914/number-of-robberies-in-the-us-by-weapon/
bjs.gov/content/pub/ascii/vdhb.txt

Other urls found in this thread:

billingsgazette.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/billings-man-who-built-stone-dungeon-for-sex-slaves-in/article_2d828472-2cc9-5eb4-98dc-d100f54457e6.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_causes_of_death_by_rate
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Better safe than sorry.

the rationalization of the coward

>living healthy makes you a coward

You're 400lbs, aren't you?

that argument makes no sense. stop trying to deflect. you're a fucking coward. own up to it.

Right, because eating properly and exercising regularly makes me a coward. Health at every size, am I right? Guess I'll just smoke 3 packs a day, since lung cancer is just a myth made up by communists.

Death by snoo snoo
> 100.000%

more deflection.

Not an argument.

You're most likely to die by heart disease or cancer, so it makes sense to reduce the risk of getting those.

cancer and heart disease are also scary, OP

listen, idiot, those are there as cross reference.

when everyone eats healthy, cancer and heart disease are cured or whatever, then accidents become the most common. get it? that will never change.

Nationwide stats don't reflect the stats of individual neighborhoods. If you live in a shitty place, the %'s go up.

And they would still be low, but we take into account the severity of the risk. If you're terrified of the result or it would otherwise be devastating, even a 0.2% chance may make you cautious.

But nah, we're all irrational and everyone is dumb and you're the only smart person in the world.

Your point? It will still result in less deaths per year.

it's not abuot smart. it's about being a coward or not.

neighborhoods don't change the top 10 stats much. maybe suicide, but that's entirely preventable by you personally.

niehborhood also doesn't affect terrorist chance of death, since this is completely chosen at random it seems, based on opportunity.

in detroit, probably the worst city for this shit, your chance of being involved in a violent crime is 1.88 %

so yeah, still pretty low but certainly something to be concerned with.

which also means, of course, that detroit is affecting the stats for the rest of the country.

all it will do is shuffle the top causes of death around.

i guess you can make the case that it's better to die from a quick accident then lingering heart disease. but once you're dead, it really doesn't matter what killed you does it?

You don't seem too worried about heart disease you fat fucks

Chance of death for all people: 100%

Fear is a lubricant for businessmen.

baltimore is actually worse, my mistake. 189 homicides in 2015

death by homicide if you live in detroit: 0.030% chance

fuck, baltimore i meant

exactly. you'll die from one thing or another. probably the worst way to die is slowly getting worse and worse physically and mentally, degrading more and more, your body losing it's ability and mobility more and more, until you can't function any more.

Lack of fear is a cash cow for the medical industry

stop trying to justify your cowardice. just accept it.

Who said I'm afraid?

if you aren't, you wouldn't have posted this

It's not about fear

It's about ideology

No u.

The joke's on you, I eat healthy and exercise at least 3 times a week.

explain please.

joke's on you. eating healthy, exercising and you STILL have a 0.00000006% chance of gettnig killed by a terrorist.

stay afraid

I live in Europe so that chance is probably higher than that.

ayy lmao

The chance of being killed by an ar-15 is pretty low, so why ban them?

yeah exactly

why ban anything right? why not let people run around with bazookas and tanks.

What about death by AR15? How many bullets are there? And how many people are writing names on it with a sharpie?

The chance of getting killed by a nuke is far lower. Let's just go ahead and issue those to uneducated redneck retards too.

You know, because "muh secund 'mendmint".

Holy fuck. 0.18% chance? Either use chance or percentage. They're different things.

hard to say looks like 2016 is going to be particularly gruesome. let's say, at approximate 10 deaths a week

oh let's say 1000 people in 2016 in europe dead from terrorism.

population of europe is 742 mil

it's something like 0.00013% chance

10,000 deaths in 2016 just takes one more decimal place off that number

Well it's the threat of a foreign force

Realistically at this rate islam can not take over the west, but if there are too many muslims and the extremist ideology takes hold it can have drastic consequences

Similarly to the american fear of communism, it wasn't fear of dying but the fear of submitting to a foreign ideology

People feel threatened because their ideology is, although most people don't understand this as its largely subconscious
Personally I don't believe the fear of terrorism is entirely unjustified

true. good point. thanks

it's more like 0.0001% of the population dead from X. add 2 decimal places to get the other number.

How dare you come in here quoting facts.
Not to mention you have the hide to back it up with links to sauce. Fuck off you beta fag.
I'm going back to my bunker. Got guns to clean and muh preps.

Also leading zeros? I have to keep moving the decimal point over 2 in my head. Just say 18% will die of cancer.

do you live on 10 cloverfield lane?

no, for heart disease, for example, it's 600,000 out of 340mil so 0.17% of people will die from this each year.

It was aliens, and he had to kill his son instead of nuking Boston. Pretty sure this is what I learned from the Internet

yeah but the freak just had a cellar anyway. probably had nothing to do with aliens when he set it up.

Right, but OP said 0.18% will die of cancer... Is that per year? He's implying the personal odds of death. I'd say I've got a 1 in 5 chance ATLEAST of dying from cancer

It's the fear that keeps those numbers down. Imagine everyone being brave. Those numbers will go up at least one order of magnitude.

personally, of course, it depends on your habits. some areas are worse for cancer, too.

the cancer, heart disease stats were supposed to be benchmarks. the things you're not supposed to be afraid of are terrorists and cops.

I've always wanted a cool rape dungeon.

billingsgazette.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/billings-man-who-built-stone-dungeon-for-sex-slaves-in/article_2d828472-2cc9-5eb4-98dc-d100f54457e6.html

i have a lake house with something that appears to be a prison cell in the basement. there's currently no door but there are two rooms beyond the doorway, a room with a toilet and beyond that is a shower room.

I'm arguing semantics of the OP. He said "chance of dying" a person's specific chance of death is very different from the percentage of people who die from X each year. You're "chance" of dying is 1.00%, but 1.00% of people don't die every year.

*your
Inb4 grammar fags

I honestly don't care if you get stabbed.
I don't want to die that way, so I don't go to nigger bars at 2am.
You can call that cowardice. You have the same logic as the "this is what I was wearing when I was raped" feminists - that taking any action to prevent yourself being harmed is an outrage.
KYS

I get what you're doing. You put a decent amount of effort in to it. BUT it's very confusing mixing percentage and chance and annual death rates as opposed to personal death rates.

18% of people that died in a given year did so of cancer.
0.0123% of people in that same year died from cops
100% of OP's are faggots

ha ha true stats

been robbed three times
stats are a joke
>let me take a simple random sample from a shitty neighborhood
said no statistician ever

>implying I can't have a 200 dollar tax stamp on my zooka
>implying it doesn't cost a mere 500 bucks for live shells
We CAN do these things, no one ever goes on a rampage in a live tank when bulldozers are more handy and readily upgrade-able to Killdozer levels
>implying weapons of conventional warfare are actually more dangerous than bleach and ammonia that I can buy at my local grocery store with cash, stocked in the same isle as one another

>it's not abuot smart. it's about being a coward or not.
support your idiotic claim
I don't accept this as fact so the rest of your bullshit isn't permissible as an argument until you've supported your own dumbass claim

I drove through Granby once

i provided the links to back it up. if you can't be bothered to check, i don't know what to tell you

>be me
>have license to carry gun
>two guys tried mugging me at gas station
>went to pull guy, they saw it and ran
>now I always carry gun
If it happened to me once it can happen again

i've been robbed never. and i live in a big city

>personal anecdotes are a joke

>be me
>don't have a gun
>never been involved in a mugging
>still don't carry a gun

it never happened to me and it never happened to 99% of the people in the US

There are literally no links in the connected posts.
You are retarded.
I didn't ask you to support the numbers, btw, I asked you to support your claim that 'it's about being a coward or not'

define coward
define it's
make your criteria known
so far you've been beating around the bush and claiming things left and right without any support.
You have implied an awful lot but there has been no real statements

>big city != shitty neighborhood
try again, mr. anecdote

a coward is someone who is afraid of something that has statistically a zero percent chance of happening.

shittier than your average small town that dominates the landscape of the US

These numbers dont add up (or I am beyong retarded right now).

10 leading causes of death:

> Heart disease
.18%
According to the source is is 23%
> Cancer (malignant neoplasms)
.18%
Source: 22%
> Chronic lower respiratory disease
> Accidents (unintentional injuries)
.04%
> Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases)
> Alzheimer's disease
> Diabetes (diabetes mellitus)
> Influenza and pneumonia
> Kidney disease (nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis)
> Suicide (intentional self-harm).
.013%

using OP's source:

OH SHIT, AN ACTUAL RESPONSE
So those men who retreat from war before ever firing a shot aren't cowards because there's an actual chance they'll die?
A lot of people would contradict you on this point.
Please, go on.

Says you, bud.

if you to go to war, you should expect to be shot at. if you then get shot at and you run, then yes, that's another definition of coward.

we aren't talking about war in this thread but random events

hint: there isn't only one clean-cut black/white definition.

i mean, i agree it's less shitty in a city for many reasons. otherwise i wouldnt' live here. but in terms of crime and being around criminals, naturally there will be more of them in a more densely populated area

hint: you're using the wrong or inaequate wording if you have to further define your criterion after defining it once and being wrong.
>moving the goal posts incarnate

There are also more people in that area.
Stats tend to balance out the larger the sample size

I don't get it... the chance of dying by it, per day, per year or per life time? cuz if it is life time then what do people die of? i have never known anyone dying without a cause

stick to the points in this thread and we'll both be fine.

The news told me to be

Already discussed about halfway up

old age is not listed here

here you go:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_causes_of_death_by_rate

it's not the % of people who died, it's the number of people in the US (340 mil or so) and the number of deaths for that thing (heard disease is 600,000 deaths)

600,000 is NOT 18% of 340 mil

Okay
None of these guarantee your chance of survival, they only improve it.
>Cardio makes you a coward
>Chemo makes you a coward
>Wearing a hardhat makes you a coward (Unspecified accident, you coward)
>Therapy makes you a coward
>Keeping your head on a swivel and owning weapons makes you a coward
>Being polite to an officer of the law makes you a coward
>Not carrying cash makes you a coward
>Having a home security system makes you a coward

Why are you such a coward? I bet you wear your seat belt in the car, coward

Wow... I see. (Yes, I was retarted)

the thing is as you age you can die from any number of things but the total number of one specific thing (parasitic infection for example) is very low.

retarded

again, the cancer and heart disease numbers were suppoed to be used as benchmarks.

what you should not fear are terrorist attacks (even if they're muslims) or getting killed by cops (even if you're black)

yes, if yuo wear a hard hat everywhere you go, you're a coward for sure. owning weapons does stem from fear, yes. being impolite to a police officer will not kill you. not carrying cash - well all these thngs at once, if you do them all, then you are for sure a coward, yes.

All of this is based off of recorded statistics. Not random people that no one care about dying of CAD and if records show cause of death to be unknown. All of your numbers are wrong. Why you gay boi?

Your perception of the fear that takes place in external entities is entirely irrelevant to any meaningful discourse.
I make this claim with support:
You cannot accurately measure fear in another person or animal without being invasive (which the average person will not allow).
Therefore you have no real basis upon which to build your argument that taking preventative steps makes you a coward.
You also cannot make the claim that anyone is a coward, but yourself.
Let me use you as the benchmark for retardation. See how it doesn't really hold up under scrutiny? I just wrote it to hurt your feelings. Seems to me that what I just did was very similar to this thread's OP

if you react to something as if it's the most common thing in the world (terrorists for the right, cops for the left/minorities) when in fact it's a very rare occurence, then you're a coward.

you don't need to know what's in someone's heart.

look at the GOP convention, look at the BLM protests. it's all out of fear.

hey it happens man. at least you admitted it, most people wouldn't.

I'm not afraid. But these are deaths that can be prevented/avoided.

yes, to a certain extent. but sudden violent death is a part of life we have to accept in the US. it's so low though, we don't need to base life decisions on it. that's the point. if you do, you're a coward.

>look at the GOP convention
this happens every election
Dems. do the same, too

emotions come from your Limbic system, not your Cardiovascular system.
>muh heart colloquialism

BLM isn't fear, you dumbass, it's anger, it's hate
Hence the shootings and the loss in productivity
If it was fear you would see an alternative response to the 'snipers' and the rioting that we are seeing
anger makes you strike out
fear makes you escape or the fear turns into anger

you're not the one who decides what risk others face, you're not the one who decides who is irrefutably a coward
you are the one to make yourself look retarded, tho
keep it up, m8
im avin a giggle

i can't find number of unknown deaths but i imagine it's probably just spread out over a number of the other causes and technology just hasn't reached the level yet necessary to detect properly.

interestingly, i bet we'll be able to make pretty good judgement in the future abuot a person's death from their status updates and movements.

we;ll see if the democrat convention is all about fear. i doubt it though.

it's the fringe elements on both sides that live out of fear and cowardice. the republican candidate this time, trump, has appealed directly to them as a base. the democrats are actively sidestepping their minority fringe. bernie probably would have been more about fear.

i don't need to decide. the numbers are available and irrefutable.

I still don't get it... Are you talking per day, per month or year?

the stats are per year.

I own weapons because they're fun to shoot, not because I'm in constant fear of everything. Having them would help in case of terrorists/home invasions but that's just a bonus to owning them. I carry a gun not because I expect or am worried I'm constantly going to get mugged or something, but just in case it ever did happen it's better to be prepared rather than not. I'm nice to police officers the same way I'm nice to everyone who is kind to me. The majority of gun owners aren't blathering hick retards and ghetto trash like you see alot in media. If just living the way I like and not bothering anyone makes me a coward in someone's eyes then so be it, clearly they need to feel superior for some reason or another.

I find it interesting how you took an argument about semantics and positional concepts, and led it in a political direction.
Having trouble focusing while you're simultaneously so retarded?
I bet you identify as a Democrat, faggot.
They're the ones always dragging the rhetoric down, especially after they realize not everyone shares the same opinion about common matters. Can't abandon the party when it's wrong or misguided, now.
>identifying as one of any party

You're a faggot who probably believes your vote influences anything beyond your immediate locale, too. Hilarious.