How can I convince my mom and sister NOT to go see the ghostbusters movie...

How can I convince my mom and sister NOT to go see the ghostbusters movie... They don't know anything about the cancer that is feminism.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.dol.gov/2012/06/07/myth-busting-the-pay-gap/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why? One of the Sup Forums meetups went last weekend to see it together. It had a few funny moments but its an otherwise forgettable movie. The more you give it negative attention the more media coverage it gets.

Feminism isn't the problem with the movie. They could have made an all-female ghostbusters cast work.

Shit writing, shit movie, shit directing and shit ideas are what made it a shit movie.

How is feminism cancer? Wanting equality is cancer now?

Holy shit summer bait.

Modern feminism isn't about equality; it's about Marxism and misandry. Try watching some Sargon of Akkad.

did you just literally go
>educate yourself shitlord?
not that i disagree, but top kek

"Modern feminism" isn't a singular thing. There's a ton of different schools of thought, some of which are totally incompatible with one another. Most of it has NOTHING to do with misandry.

how could they fuck up such a beloved franchise like this

also, checked

As retarded as the cuck director Paul Feig is, Ghostbusters [Current Year] isn't a good movie.

NOT because it has feminist propaganda, it has shit script writing and poor jokes (equivalent to Adam Sandler movies).

It's not a great movie and I wouldn't pay to see it. Just torrent it.

It's more of a 3/10 at most if I'm generous.

If you enjoy Paul Feig movies and also Adam Sandler movies, you'll probably enjoy this too.

>beloved franchise

It was a one film movie to be honest

not that user but actually feminism by definition is inequality and biased towards women in any form. they "fight" for women equality, neglecting men, so be extension they are sexist and biased...it's ironic.

Perhaps I was being unfair then. But feminism is the idea that you can solve inequality between genders by focusing soley on the issues of one. Feminism is simply no longer useful or necessary in the West.

you guys give me hope that maybe the 12 year olds who think that just because they go to Sup Forums they have to develop this caustic, hateful edginess haven't completely taken over.

>"Modern feminism" isn't a singular thing. There's a ton of different schools of thought, some of which are totally incompatible with one another.
True
>Most of it has NOTHING to do with misandry.
False. It generally is.

Fuck this movie.

Why would you want to? Like, holy shit man, it's one thing to hate it yourself but it's another to force your hate onto other people. If you don't want to watch it that's fine but don't shit all over other people wanting to have some fun.

The Patriarchy hurts men as well, so it actually helps both sexes....

It is still necessary because there are still issues. The pay gap for example.

Actually no, most feminism isn't about hating men at all. It's about wanting equality between the sexes.

Kill yourself.

>Actually no, most feminism isn't about hating men at all. It's about wanting equality between the sexes.
Do most feminists adopt the idea of omniscient patriarchy and male privilege?

All of BLM has to answer for one group chanting "What do we want? DEAD COPS!"

So, by that logic logic now I'm asking you to answer for National Castration Day, making Fathers Day into Single Mothers Day and preferential treatment in the court system.

Male privilege is a real thing, it's not an abstract concept...

The pay gap's main piece of "proof" is a study that compared every job in america, including ones where not as many women were in and where both sexes salaries were low. The study takes no notice of any variables other than gender and salary. Gender equality can never be solved by focusing on ONE gender's problems, as the other anons said. The "patriarchy" does not exist, what exists is a group of men AND women who fuck everybody else over.

The cia created feminism simply because they couldn't tax half the population if they're sitting on their ass at home not earning income. They also did it to destabilize the nuclear family so kids could be more easily indoctrinated by outside influences aka the rise of consumerism.

They create the reality we live in.

So are gender differences.

>I hope you not pretending to be retarded to somehow troll me.
So is female privilege a thing?
Are white people inherently/genetically born racist?

> watching Karl of Wikipedia

Yeah sure. I BET YOU ARE RATIONAL.

i genuinely don't understand the hate for ghostbusters being all female, so what?

can someone please enlighten me as to why so many seem to be crying over it?

Chirping off "Pay gap!" "Hurts men!"

Bawk

Tumblr want a cracker? It's like arguing with an automated phone system. Just spouting out catchphrases without facts to back.

Male privilege exists.
Woman privilege exists.

Get the fuck over yourself, either they both exist or they both do not exist, Men are not the only sex that get privilege.

Show her your TRIPS o TRUTH

DON'T GO MOM

MOOMM DON'T FUCKING GO UNTIL YOU CHECK THESE TRIPS

MOOOOMMEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY

It's not a feminist movie. It's just a shitty movie with women.

It's not about them being female. It's about the movie being completely garbage and shitting on the Ghostbusters license. You dumb nigger.

>pay gap

Well thanks for confirming that you have autism. Now we can completely ignore you.

why do you care?

>being this upset over a movie

get a life m8

It's not the all female cast, it's that it's a poor choice of women to cast as ghostbusters. This movie had shit script writing, and these women are improv comedians, it is not a good movie.

Media tried to pin it as sexism "if you hate this movie, you hate women".

Imagine this new ghostbusters movie with Adam Sandler, Rob Schneider, Tyler Perry and Seth Rogan.

It still won't be a good movie.

>I didn't even see the movie
I'm happy as hell for this reason alone. Try again kiddo

>pay gap
Now I know for sure it's bait

Movie isn't as bad as the live action avatar the last air bender movie.

I just watched an online rip to see how bad the movie would be, but I was able to at least finish it unlike some other shitty movies.

It's packed with really awful directing, shitty jokes, references to the trailer hate, girl power, and kate mckinnens autistic cringey character.

The thing that sucked the most was how bad every single joke was. One of the jokes is literally "Oh my god I can't find my glasses, oh wait they're in my hand, I found my glasses". It's just a very unfunny movie.

>"get a life m8"
>posts on Sup Forums

Because it's politically correct garbage that aims to change an established franchise, relying its success on the fame of that established franchise and using guilt-trips to get views.

It's like says in the image, if you don't like it, you'll be labeled a bigot.

>"Ha ha, he's interested in things. Fuck him."

blog.dol.gov/2012/06/07/myth-busting-the-pay-gap/ Dept of Labor on the Wage Gap...

I'm talking about sexes, not genders, but okay, I never said there aren't difference between males and females...
Female privilege isn't a thing, that's like talking about reverse sexism. You have to have power plus prejudice, without the power, you can't be sexist. We don't have the power, so women can't be sexist.

Yes, there are anecdotal situations that advantage women, being a beautiful women can equal a high income as a model, but being a great male basketball player can equal a high income as well. Yes having a vagina is like a free drink ticket at bars, but rape is a pretty shitty thing...

Yet, I can't see the reason for the extremely rich to build more and more money. What is so important about that number on a computer screen going up? They remind me of autistic man children min/maxing video games like oblivion to the point where they can't spend the money they make, even if they wanted to. Like, aren't they missing the point?

>I'm talking about sexes, not genders, but okay, I never said there aren't difference between males and females...

Syntax. If you acknowledge that there are differences between males and females, then it's implied that you acknowledge that they aren't equal. Your argument is invalid at the most fundamental level.

>Female privilege isn't a thing, that's like talking about reverse sexism
10/10. Some of us fell for it.

I see modern femanism more or less as something thats going to die down in a few years or so once the older people start moving out of high powered positions and opening them up for the younger generations who will then change how all that stuff works or let it all die. For example, the several positions opening in the state reps or whatever in the US. Perfect time to pump in some young blood, or atleast old people who can speak for the young blood, into a system that everyone says is ran by old white dudes.

Actually I think alot of the "issues" today will just slowly die down until its no longer a problem. Only for it to be picked back up with a different name and face. There will always be inequalities in the world, thats just how life is.

I spot the cuck

This post is correct. There is no further need for responses in this thread.

Show them the fucking trailer for it?

>Female privilege isn't a thing
>You have power plus prejudice
>Women can't be sexist
You think the only privileges women have is being pretty? You label yourself as a damsel in destress?
Well you're being sexist yourself, you dumb motherfucker.

Lots of women hate men, including you by the looks of it. Just because you "don't have power", which is bullshit on its own, doesn't mean you can't be sexist. You hate another gender because they're not your gender? You're a sexist.

Also

Sex and gender are different things, it's not syntax. Gender is a social construct, like race, sex is biological, it's genotypic or phenotypic.

I didn't say the sexes are equal, we want equal treatment, we want equality.

SEX AND GENDER IS THE SAME FUCKING THING!

Also, "reverse sexism" isn't a thing, if you hate a gender, it's sexist. It's not "reverse racism" if a black person hates a white person, you shitlord.

I didn't say that was a privilege, nor did I say it's all we have. I was addressing the most common rebuttal before it arises (Oh well what about models, what about strippers etc).

Also, I don't hate men.

>You have to have power plus prejudice, without the power, you can't be sexist. We don't have the power, so women can't be sexist.

>Be me
>Be black
>Hate all white people because it's modern
>Plan mass shooting to kill white people only
>I'm not racist
>Blacks don't have power so they can't be racist

Baitu desu user.

As long as one has a penis and another has a vagina there will be no equality. Remeber the whole "boys are from mars, girls are from venus" stuff? It never went away, yall just grew up.

"Sex refers to the biological and physiological characteristics that define men and women. Gender refers to the socially constructed roles, behaviours, activities, and attributes that a given society considers appropriate for men and women."

What legal rights do men have that women don't in 1st world countries i.e. US, UK, CAN, AUS?

Do you want equal outcome or equal opportunity?

What do YOU mean by 'equality'?

Easy! Show them all the movie reviews and preview clips.

>Ten minutes of that and they won't set foot near any movie theater that's playing it.

>single Mother's Day
What?

Clearly you hate us for having a y chromosome. Women can do the same things as men, and there is little to no gender inequality left in america, and most of it is made up by tumblr feminists like yourself. If women like you would stop being fucking punks and whining, go into the world, get an education, get a good paying job, and do something without your mommy holding your hand and telling you it's not your fault for being inept, It's men's oppression, there would be true gender equality.

Have the exact same problem with my mum op couldn't think of a reason tho so I just said its cancer

Equal opportunity. Equal treatment. Outcome should normalize, if women are given the same opportunities, the same treatment, then the outcomes will end up being the same on their own.

Wanting equality is not cancer.

>Demanding special privileges and treatment because you're a woman?

>That's the cancer.

I'll keep going for the humor of it.

>Sex and gender are different things, it's not syntax. Gender is a social construct
Oxford dictionary says you're full of shit.

>I didn't say the sexes are equal, we want equal treatment, we want equality.
Impossible. They can't be treated equally because they aren't equal biologically, physically, emotionally, etc.

God damnit..
I just started min/maxing oblivion again last night

"Yea I can use quotes too, bro."

spotted the feminist

lol
you should turn your vidcam on and explain to your mom the cancer that is feminism, and then upload that conversation to youtube.

do it fagget

/thread would've sufficed, you 4chin hipster nigger faggot.

Show them the trailer.

>no source
Wouldn't gender reflect the majority of behaviours of most people in a particular sex, either male or female? Of course there are people who do not conform 100% to one.

Why are there feminist who are against transpeople i.e. TERFs?

Why are there feminists who think biological sex is a social construct?

that's funny. no woman could ever compose that paragraph.

Why bother? The studios don't give a shit. If this remake fails, they'll remake something else and see what sticks. They're raking in enough dough from superflicks that they can afford to gamble on some recycled ideas. They just can't afford to gamble on original ideas, despite the fact that everything they're remaking was a risky new idea in its day.

I don't hate men. I don't hate your Y chromosome. I actually ascribe to pretty traditional gender roles. I embrace femininity, but it's a choice.

See how it says in the first definition "typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones"? That's it saying you're full of shit, not me.

Did you just assume her/his gender?
s/he pronouns please.

It's just a mediocre movie, if they want to waste money on it, try not to let it bother you.

The day is not far off when people who hear the word "feminist" will grimace with the same level of disgust as they do when they discover the family pet has shit right in the middle of the main course of their evening meal.

>Expect to eventually be hated as much as Nazis!

>See how it says in the first definition "typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones"? That's it saying you're full of shit, not me.
Way to cherry pick, bro. It also says, "the state of being..."

Because we live in a world which is now heavily manipulated and controlled by left wing agenda laden faggots who want everything their own way and fuck everyone else.

>How can I convince my mom and sister NOT to go see the ghostbusters movie

You can't. Women love this movie. Women are the enemy.

hahahahaha

>Equal opportunity. Equal treatment.
Well we can't have equal opportunity if we simultaneously have affirmative action or female quotas.

People should have the choice to do something that is better suited to them. (You'd be surprised many feminists are against this i.e. against choice feminism.)

But none of those hooks have any bait on them.

>Why are there feminist who are against >transpeople i.e. TERFs?

Because there will always be difference of opinions in groups... Why are there white people who hate blacks, or blacks who hate Asians? This is an issue of scalability. You can't reduce philosophies/social movements from large-scale to the beliefs of individuals, when those beliefs aren't shared by the majority.

I've never met a feminist that thinks biology is a social construct. Judith Butler is the most prominent women's and gender studies philosopher who talks about gender being performative and socially constructed, even she believes in sex.

Everyone has different opinions and viewpoints which are influenced by surroundings, personal experience, and external experience. It is human nature to enforce ones own point of view on the state of things, and Sup Forums is a breeding ground for violent verbal clashes that follow this exact formula of human action. If we all take a step back and not look at male and female, but instead human and nonhuman, we'll all notice that humans are dipshits without exception and nonhumans are awesome as fuck without exception. Stop whining about which is better, worse, stronger, weaker, privileged, unprivileged and realize that you're a stupid fucking worthless piece of human shit regardless of anything.

>"Modern feminism" isn't a singular thing.

Yes, it is.

let them go see, if you fight them it will only make them want to go see it more, and evenif the film ends up being bad they will deny it because you pissed them off

Typically used, as in this is what it usually means. As in sometimes incorrectly used to mean sex.

O.P. is afraid of little girls.
Loser.

Keep in mind that given a 1-10 rating scale, people generally pick either 1 or 10. Rating scales are shit.

>OH LAWD IS DAT SUM SHOOP-DA-WOOP?????

That was a whole paragraph of absolutely nothing. I hope you're proud.

you'll understand a lot more about life once high school is over

>Male privilege is a real thing

True, as is female oppression.