Which is superior objectively?

French cuisine or Italian cuisine?

Other urls found in this thread:

maison-parisienne.com/breakfast/french-bread-american-style/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

thye're both shit tbqhwy

I love French dishes like: this and that and such and such.

And Italian dishes like pizza, tomato mozeralla and pesto, spaghetti, tagliata, cassata, macaranni.

French
Italian food is meme tier

>macaranni
macaroni

>he enjoys eating cockroaches

fucking disgusting

Italian. Only passive faggots and arabs think french cuisine is any superior.

Italian all day erryday

French have better desserts though.

A popular Italian starter here is carpaccio with parmesan cheese.
And a popular French starter here is something else.

Italian

What language is the word "cuisine" from?

Latin. From cocina (kitchen) and coquere (cooking).

meat+sauce - french
everything else - italian

Why do you feel like you have to choose ? Both are really great, none are superior to the other, they are different

coquina, latin

Good job explaining the etymology of the word, but you still didn't answer my question. Good job being a passive-agressive faggot too.

Wat je zegt ben je zelf.

Italian. Though the French have some good chicken dishes

obviously this

italian food is way better

I guess both are excellent, spanish is nice too.
French may be a little more famous because of its "grande cuisine" but in everyday life one is not superior to the other.

>too much onions vs too much pasta

Stand up straight, France.

Both are delicious, this is the only objective answer.

baguettes outside of france and belgium sucks

The only french food i tried is probably baguette. French people don't promote their cuisine as much as italians it seems.

Italian.
France sucks.
[spoiler]STRUB MY BALLS[/spoiler]

Memes aside, this.

Italian. We all know darker people make the best food

French.

But did you try real french baguette ?
Baguettes in other country look really weird.

maison-parisienne.com/breakfast/french-bread-american-style/

This, also they're both much richer and diverse than most people think, if we consider all the regional specialities.

That Only explain how much the english language is cucked by us.

except belgium

I don't know, apart from desserts and pastry, any french dishes except frog and snail

not sure if it's entirely authentic but korean baguettes look a whole lot more french than that.

Why is our cuisine so poorly represented on this website, you only talk about meme dishes like snails and frogs.

It's part of the french bashing, don't pay attention to it it's just memes

I swear just tell me

Memes aside, I often don't know if dishes are Dutch or French. Because we often eat the same things.

For example I often eat like cauliflower with bechamel sauce (which is called white sauce here). And then you don't even realize you're eating a French sauce. Or for example warm bread with brie and honey and walnuts. And so on. In the Netherlands we use a certain sauce for ragout, but nobody knows it's actually velouté sauce. Or asperges is really Dutch, which is eaten with the French Hollandaisesauce. etc

here I did an autistic collage to help people like you

Italian food is god tier when you're a kid, french food is elder gods tier when you're a grown up.

A really Dutch food is Kibbeling (fried cod) which is eaten with.. ravigottesauce.

huh, I guess some similar stuff is eaten here, thanks user

>tfw no French gf to cook me these meals

>macaranni

unbelievable how many misspells of maccheroni I have seen in my life, if I only had a nickel...

>last summer
>I had qt french "internet gf" thanks to pen pal website
>get to visit her at her small flat in Paris
>she says she's gonna cook for me
>I can't wait to try that overmemed French cuisine
>she fucking brings a bowl with cucumber salad with cherry tomatoes and MOZZARELLA cheese
>no second dish
>ugly looking Oreo cake she prepared for me as a desert

At least we had wild sex on her bed right after.

Ain't no french gf is going to cook any of these for you. see This is the kind of meal a grand ma makes, not your gf.

Its 2016+1 and our womens can't cook shit anymore. All they can do is cut an avocado and put some fucking sesame seeds on it so they can put it on instagram.

I don't want to diminish your food culture in any way but 3/4 of those are dishes you find in pretty much every mediterranean country I believe. I mean, take away that toast thingy and the one with the fries, it could be mistaken for a pic about italian food really

>Its 2016+1 and our womens can't cook shit anymore. All they can do is cut an avocado and put some fucking sesame seeds on it so they can put it on instagram.

Same, this cancer has to stop. It was less annoying when they were just taking pictures of actual, restaurant food at least

italian hands down

They look alike, sure, but I really dont believe they are the same thing (also those pictures really dont look like the dish if you did it yourself).

French haute cuisine > Italian haute cuisine
French cuisine < Italian cuisine

here we go again

ITALY HAS THE BEST FUCKING FOOD IN THIS FUCKING WORLD AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT YOU STUPID NIGGERS
REST OF THE WORLD'S FOOD IS NOTHING COMPARED TO GOD'S FOOD (AKA ITALIAN FOOD) YOUR FOOD IS SHIT, YOUR CUISINE IS SHIT AND IF YOU THINK YOUR COUNTRY'S FOOD IS BETTER, YOU ARE A RETARDED DELUSIONAL FAGGOT

done, thank you

And pic related is a french dish that kind of look like a pizza. I guess you can find a lot of similarities if you look for it.
French and Italian food are both top tier, i don't know if any other country can fuck with us on this topic.
"Dolce vita" and "art de vivre", we just know how to live and like good things.

/thread

I may just add expand it:

Spanish haute cuisine > French haute cuisine > Italian haute cuisine
French cuisine < Italian cuisine < Spanish cuisine
Spanish whine > French wine > Italian wine
French butter (kek) < "Italian" "olive oil" < Spanish olive oil

>Implying current french girls can cook at all
You'd have to look for a 60yo and more.

Shouldn't you be napping at this hour of the day ?

> Spanish whine

Lel, thanks karma

Parmentier de confit de canard
You can't fuck with this.

>Minth on top
y tho

I haven't had lunch yet, but right after for sure. It's saturday!

haha, third worlder don't have much but at leat they have a good sense of humor.

oh I see. Bon appétit then !

>sbane
>third world

C'est de la sauge.

"people" who will chose french "cuisine" are simply contrarian retards whose daily diet consist in soda and mcdonald, and want to appear cultured.

ask the average person, everywhere on the planet, to name a single dish from french cuisine. 99.9% of people won't have a clue, and the remaining 0.1% will answer "baguette" or "snails".

italian food (and when i say "italian" what i really mean is "campanian") is the most popular in the western world by many orders of magnitude.

>campanian
Ciao Espo'

But real french cuisine kicks ass.

Also
>This thread
>Italian and French being civil to each others
Keep on being awesome eurobros.

sure, on the other hand people naming italian food would never say meme tier food like "pizza" or "pasta" (usually served with whipped cream on salmon, italian restaurants 11/10 gg no re).

use your free education Mario pls

Popular doesn't mean better. Even though Italian cuisine > French cuisine.
Why would they have to name something that everybody already knows ?

At least french cuisine isn't butchered like the italian one.

I don't give a shit about italian cuisine being famous, but it annoys me knowing that americans go to some of their shitty restaurants, order something with an italian name slapped on it and unironically believe they're enjoying italian food

I don't know much french dishes to be honest. Only the Flammkuchen which we share with Elsass. But I know alot of Italian ones.

And people will say pizza speaking about italian food, with some shit like pizza hut in their minds. For me pizza hut ain't got shit to do with italian cuisine like pic related.

this
Americans even get credit for pizza
It triggers my autism so much, EXECUTE ALL ITALIAN-AMERICANS

I knew the first reply would be some butthurt poo-lentone snapping. Like clockwork.

French cuisine is indeed vastly superior when compared to those of cultureless countries like Denmark, Sweden or USA. But the sheer variety of ingredients, flavours, cooking methods of italian cuisine is unmatched. From roasts to cured meats to desserts to street food.

Hans, your attitude amuses me.
Yes, the less educated foreigner, when inquired about Italian food, would 9 times of out 10 list pizza and pasta as his favourite. But at least these are real dishes.

"Snails" and "baguettes" are not real answers, and signal the general disinterest which surrounds the fabled french cuisine.

>Americans even get credit for pizza

well now, that's not true, calm down senpai

Italians are good at creating new foods. French are good at perfecting already existing foods.

If I had to eat one for the rest of my life, then it owuld be French.

Your attitudes strikes me as intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor

French cuisine

Italian food isn't diversified enough.

>polentone
Romano de Roma, e poi è solo bantz

>French butter (kek)

it's you again

Do you even magret de canard ?

>At least french cuisine isn't butchered like the italian one.

This is on par for the course. Popular inventions will be raped, modified, hacked, cheapened, ruined, mocked, satirized, mass-produced.

The treatment foreigners reserve for Italian culture is all but a testament to its relevancy.

Mine is banter too. And yes, Roman cuisine is indeed also a crucial element of Italian cuisine. But in the last few years, the new king on the block has been Emilia Romagna.

>Italian food isn't diversified enough.

Lol. And after this, I leave this thread. Happy meals my friends.

Ma stai pure a discutere con un napoletano

ricordati che sono i migliori in tutto e quello degli altri è solo butthurt

Well actually pizza and pasta are no more than ingredients within a meal. Same for baguettes in France, sorry to teach you something. Who eats pasta alone ? In France you can lunch off of cheese and meat on baguette, raw.

Snails are not the main dish iirc, it's like stupid motherfuckers calling cressini for italian food. While it technically is, it's more of an appetizer than a dish. Exactly like pizza, before people realized how cheap that was and started copying, isnt it ?

Also, have you ever been to an italian restaurant abroad ? I mean I'm not technically sure you ever got out of your room, but if you ever plan on doing so, try them. You'll probably enjoy the cultural experience.

>Snails
>not real answers

nigga's jealous of our gasteropods.

I'm not the smug southerner, but the terms pasta and pizza do represent complete dishes. You can specify the variation, but here it works as a generic term for a meal, not an ingredient.

Do you even croque monsieur ?

pasta = china
tomato = south america

that makes me hungry

What do you think of Pineapple topping on pizza ?

"Snails or lasagna?"

This.

Looks good too.
I guess we have something similar in the south-est called "fougasse" it's a specific bread seasoned with olive oil and provencal herbs, sometimes with dry tomatoes, olive or lardons.

I find it appalling but if people like it there's no reason they shouldn't eat it. Just don't promote it as a "true italian pizza mamma mia recipee 100%" or something like that

Most Brazilians will say Italian cuisine unless they're trying really hard to be contrarian. Italian contributions to our cuisine were immense and left a huge mark on our culture.
Not only are traditional Italian dishes common here, a few of our "national" dishes are heavily influenced by them.
Some people say our pizza is better than Italy's! I've never had the pleasure of trying Italian pizza for myself, but I can confirm ours is at least better than American "pizza".

This is what italians really eat.

>la parte strana dell'internet

please unlike that and start following Sesso Droga e Pastorizia

your statement is true though

>Sesso Droga e Pastorizia

Bruh, i just started italian duo lingo 3 days ago, i don't understand anything on Sesso Droga e Pastorizia.
Looks like quality content though.

not to boast, but Italian cuisine is shit tier, the only good thing they do is fish, and greeks do fish better than italians
franch cuisine is god tier, because we have a lot of different stuff, I you don't like something, you have a thousand more dishes to taste

>Spanish haute cuisine
>Spanish whine
>Spanish cuisine
?
The onlyrelevant spanish dishes are paella (which is overrated af) and jambon iberico