Can we get an Arrested Development season 4 thread now that we've had time to think about it?

Can we get an Arrested Development season 4 thread now that we've had time to think about it?

>tfw portia and maebe have become ugly as fuck while Ann Veal became qt
>tfw both Lucilles and portia fucked their faces completely up with plastic surgery
>tfw first 6 episodes are boring
>tfw not enough GOB, way too much George Sr
>tfw Tobias not as funny anymore
>tfw celeb cameos suck
>tfw there's 7000% too much Ron Howard narrating
>tfw polished high budget locked down camera work and lighting takes something away compared to the shakey handheld old seasons
>tfw still help another season would be better

>Maebe has become ugly as fuck

GAY.jpeg

She looks like a Puerto Rican transvestite now bro

A Puerto Rican transvestite with HUGE tits. My favorite kind of PR tranny.

what a fucking travesty s4 was, i honestly cant remember one funny gag from it

I had such high hopes...

Seriously why the fuck did portia do this

I liked the GOB episode and the........Yeah that's pretty much it

What's the thinking? Mitch having to come up with individual character episodes because of cast scheduling discrepancies made everything too complex? Mitch just lost it?

How was it all that bad?

I remember the George Sr sweat lodge episode ending and thinking "that was fucking terrible" which I'd never thought before even during the Martin Short Uncle Jack episode.

>tfw season 5 is actually happening

Hopefully they learned from this

to be fair she'd probably look like shit without plastic surgery by now anyways

atleast she tried

We're lucky that we got a season 4 at all but you can literally blame redditors for pushing for it even when all signs pointed to a disaster. It had so many marks against it before it ever came out. With the scheduling issues and the lack of writers from the original series, you can just see how hard it was for them to make something coherent.

At least GOB, Tobias, and Buster had funny episodes and I had a hearty chuckle with the pedo jokes and the George maharris joke

Hello darkness my old friend...

3deep5u for Sup Forums, apparently

hurwitz took the new medium and made something unique with it, he took the intertwined plots and pause-to-see jokes of the last 3 seasons and ramp them up to 28, but manchildren apparently just want more meme-jokes and one liners, basically they want a 90s-00s sitcom

season 4 it the ultimate pleb filter

I was trying to figure out how ugly she was but you nailed it. She's going to be hideous naturally or from surgery as she ages. Her face is becoming more masculine. The Brillo hair kills any beauty left.

that's the fucking wig you imbecile, she doesn't look like that with the short hair

on rewatch it was good, not quite as great as 1+2, but on par with 3 and I would like to see more.

The initial watch was pretty bad though. I had no idea what the fuck was going on till like episode 7. George sr episodes were excruciating

Lol k

She went full Jack Nicholson joker face

Seeing George Michael was weird because Michael Cera used to look like a normal person and now he's some weird bird looking thing

You're right, she looks worse.

I bet ellen made her do it. I get the impression that overly nice celebrities are actually control freaks.

I think she looks alright with plastic surgery. She had some stuff she wanted to change for her 40+ years and that's perfectly fine.

Although her old face could pull off "funnier", and I don't think the same could be said for her new look.

How did he lose his chin from puberty?

Most men gain facial masculinity from the process.

He's also less funny as an adult.

I thought the stuff with Tobias stuff with Fantastic Four stage-play was pretty funny. But yes it felt extremely awkward without the close interplay between all characters. Every episode felt like an extended setup for a punchline that never came.

I listen to Greg Fitzsimmons podcast and he wrote on her first show for like a decade and he has said repeatedly that she's an awful person to work with and is absolutely horrendous to her underlings

The importance of the other writers is hugely unstated.

Remember that when Mitch got full writing control we got s3, s4 and that godawful animated show.

He's the George Lucas of comedy writing. Unbelievable at big ideas and plot details but should never be put completely in charge.

Chopping it up like they did was the worst fucking idea on the panet.

If you think it as a separate show like i do, it seems like a decent mildly dark comedy. I liked it atleast

That moment in civil war when you see the banana car getting destroyed.

Perfect.

I really wanted a "her?"

>Show gets praise and accolades because of the great chemistry between the cast
>People don't like the show when new season separates the great cast and makes each individual the focus of their episode

Maebe, George Sr., Lucille, lindsay, buster, Michael are the most boring characters on their own. They work because of what the bring to the group dynamic. Alone they don't really work out(or maybe they do, but their individual episodes pretty much all sucked)

A
N
U
S
T
A
R
T