Recommend an album you're really passionate about at the moment and type a little something about it

Recommend an album you're really passionate about at the moment and type a little something about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

allcity.bandcamp.com/album/knxwledge-klouds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

a sea of split peas

its pretty good

There's this kind of obscure band I found recently
I think they're called called americ anfootball
Not sure about the album name tho
they're pretty good if you turn the treble all the way up.

they do good country

stolen blackberry

deltron3030 made me like hip hop again. i had forgotten how good it can be

I like this thread, so I'm going to recommend a few, hope to help get this off the ground:

Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in space.

Surprising how depressing this album while still sounding genuine and earnest. Its so raw that, on paper, some of its lyrics ("Lord I have a broken heart...and I'm crying all the time") read as sappy and immature.

Instead you wind up being flung into the cold depths of outer space with nothing but heartbreak and existential dread as your companions as you hear the swell of orchestral psych nirvana in the distance, just out of reach.

King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard: Nonagon Infinity

These guys' latest squeezes psychedelic, prog, and krautrock influences into an package that is incredibly dense but highly accessible. The songs are packed full of interesting jams that would almost drone if it weren't for the fact that they're played at 300 miles per hour. They're dripping with catchy hooks and flow effortlessly into one another instead of meandering into overly spacey territory that would make more casual listeners tune out.

They have two drummers, four guitarists, an electric harmonica and sound board - and on this absolutely insane, high octane, adrenaline pumping album they need every single one of them.

Don't listen to this album while driving, either. You'll wind up getting a speeding ticket.

Finally checked out Slint's Spiderland

Clicked on the second listen a few weeks ago. Loving this. The atmosphere is incredible. Feels like standing in the cold rain by a dock. I love every guitar riff. Very memorable. Also love the dynamic changes with the vocals.

Anna Meredith: Nautilus

To me this is one of the most criminally under-noticed albums of the past year. I seriously thought this would be Sup Forums core by the end of the year.

This experimental electronic album, by an artist more at home with classical music, vibrant, emotional, and endlessly intriguing. It takes you along many corners, twists, and turns using electronic beats, guitar, percussion, and lush arrangements to tell a story that is simultaneously hopeful and melancholic. It kind of reminds me of the Flaming Lips' Soft Bulletin, actually.

It tugged at my heartstrings and I don't completely know how.

Alton Ellis - Cry Tough

My first foray into rocksteady as a genre and I fucking can't get enough of it. Just such a great fusion of heavily soul-influenced vocals with a fresh and swinging reggae-ish rhythm section. And it's really poppy at the same time, without being too saccharine, because it's also got that very melancholic edge to the melodies and lyrics. Very humanizing music, gets stuck in my head a lot and I love it when it does.

Interesting.

I tried giving it a listen for the first time a few weeks back but I didn't wind up finishing it, it just seemed/sounded too "sparse." I should probably give it another go.

you mean Varmints, not Nautilus

And yes it's a fantastic album, recommend everyone listen to it

kerosene

Right! My bad

Yeah it's awesome

It's great if you end up liking this sort of thing. Nosferatu man is the best track. The stories in the lyrics are also pretty great.

It's a sugary twee pop album while retaining an atmosphere of dreamy nostalgia. Might not be the best or most innovative sound but the first two songs are quite the earworm and the third song is just plain gorgeous.

Love it, even better than the debut LP

I'm really into pic related now, even though the other releases don't appeal to me that much.

This is the only album that I think I can say is relatable to me. It's not about wallowing in self-pity, it's about kids who don't get invited to parties and feeling too unmotivated to function. It's about falling in love but never doing anything about it.

I like it.

what's the album, asshole

"krautrock influences"
umm no

It's called "I don't know how google reverse search works"

this thread proves that Sup Forums is whiny indie crybaby the board

Camembert Electrique by Gong (1971)
Gong's Daevid Allen was once a part of soft machine and its clear that the production and psych aspects of the album are clearly influenced by that fact. The album's production is very good, lots and lots of channels were utilized to create early-Floyd-esque psych album, except with obvious jazz influences (many of the songs are structured like some sort of studio jam and the vocal passages are quirky, much like the jazz influenced vocals of Tim Buckley). This album lies somewhere between Can, Frank Zappa, and Pink Floyd.

allcity.bandcamp.com/album/knxwledge-klouds

This was from pretty on in Knxwledge's recording career. I started listening to more of his solo stuff when I heard "Problems" by Homeboy Sandman. Turns out he also produced Kendrick's "Momma", a beat I already really liked.

What's striking about Klouds is that it's really laid back and jazzy as usual, but it doesn't seem so directly influenced by J Dilla and the likes. Really nice surprise

>Neu-style precussion and rhythm in "Mr. Beat"
>Amon duul-esque crunching droney guitar & chord progression.

It's definitely there - although their new single, Rattlesnake, is much more obviously krautrock-ish

Everything Everything - Get to Heaven

Exists in that perfect realm of paranoia and pop for me, songs flow together coherently and yet have their own unique flavor. Great to both blast in a friend's car or in your own headphones, whether it be noon or 3 AM. The lyrics shift from hopeful to hopeless, sometimes on the same track, and the instrumentation remains almost always upbeat, whether powered by optimism or anger.

While not particularly ground-breaking, nor what would be referred to as an instant-classic, it's a nice maturation of the band's initial intentions found on weaker, less-focused earlier records, I believe Get to Heaven has legs enough to remain notable for the next few years, at least until their next release and beyond.

Also, love the album art and the bonus tracks aren't disposable trash.

>this thread
>not most threads for the past 5 years
Where have you been

Proto-Indie Rock

I really like this one - its a bit poppier than what I usually like but its very interesting and genuinely fun to listen to.

Don't listen to this guy. Only the first track is good.

Garden or mushy?

Deerhunter - Microcastle

Cosy, fuzzy, poppy goodness. It's a morning album for me, and it's summer here so it really fits the mood.

Its yeezus. Relisten/Listen now

I hadn't listened to it for atleast 5 years but now I'm getting all nostalgic about how well it reflected my life back when I was a fat neckbeard.

Some tracks however make me cringe like "across the sea" reminding me of the time I had an online girlfriend on the mmo I was addicted to.

Nice rec. Loving the instruments on 07 - We're Both Alone