>a tie in ice hockey in the playoffs doesn't end with a sauna championship
>a tie in water polo doesn't end with a breath holding competition
>a tie in tennis doesnt end with a table tennis match
>a tie in cycling doesnt end in a drugs test
>a tie in gymnastics doesnt end in a pole dancing competition
>a tie in biathlon doesnt end in fatal manhunt
>a tie in boxing doenst end in a game of rock-em-sock-em robots

BUT
>mfw soccer actually decides a tie in championship games with a player only ELEVEN METERS from the goal taking a shot on with only the goalkeeper defending
>AND FANS ACTUALLY DEFEND IT

Hello non-American friends

I'll assume you're all new here as not one of you has followed the standard procedure for when an American makes a post/thread about football. Allow me to teach you how to deal with this situation in the future.

So you've encountered a confused and angry American posting inane and dangerous opinions on a subject they know nothing about? don't panic and don't try to educate them as you will only encourage them to continue. All you need to do is reply to them with the three short lines of text below and you will improve Sup Forums for not only yourself but everybody else as well.
>That flag
>This topic
Opinion discarded.

If its not just an American post within a football related thread but an actual football related thread started by an American, just change the third line of text from "Opinion discarded." to "Opinion discarded, thread closed and hidden.".

If you've accidently read an American post/thread about football and find yourself in agreement with what they have posted, remind yourself of the infinite monkey theorem and follow the standard procedure.

Feel free to save this post to teach other new friends in the future and remember... only YOU can prevent Americans ruining football.

>a tie in baseball doesn't result in a home run derby
Why not DESU? would be fun but i guess then we wouldn't get those amazing 21inning games

Wow they actually WILL defend it
I mean wow I hate Chile now

There's 30 minutes extra time before penalties. More than that and players would die on the field

we are all friends lad

>a tie in gymnastics doesnt end in a pole dancing competition
Why the fuck not?

desu
Golden goal is a hell of a lot better

>mfw

Football doesn't care what other sports think about him, because football is the beautiful game, the game of life and death, the King of sports.

Breaking news, Pierre - football a shit. Get fucked.

>Team A scaws no goals, oghkay?
>Team B awlso scaws no goals, oghkay?
>Team A is considuhd the winnuh oghkay

monz, wait a seckund, wut koynd of semen slurping spawt is this monz?

No Yuropoors will actually be able to refute the stupidity of any of their game's flaws

When Basketball and Football both needed rational, logical changes, fans welcomed them

When somebody points out how fucking retarded diving, stoppage time, or PKs are, Euros will just meme arrow your flag because they are autistic about changing their game in any way for some reason

Breaking news: We don't care about your opinion.

>Come into thread laughing about your semen-slurping coin flip sport to tell people how much you don't care that they're laughing

Why couldn't you ignore it then?

Breaking News: Then don't imply you care by replying... Tard

Then GTFO Pepe le bitch

>being this mad about the jogo bonito

You know I don't speak surrender

First post best post

there was a time in football when after a tie, the winner of a match was decided by throwing a coin to the air.

in the 1968 EURO semifinals, Italy tied against the URSS, and went to the finals after throwing the coin.

after that, they developed the penalty system.

thank you based Texas

You'll never secede, Texas

>That flag
>This topic

Opinion discarded, thread closed and hidden.

it's not. we've already tried it. it sucked.

>with a player only ELEVEN METERS from the goal
>METERS

An american using metric means either it's copypasta or a traitor to his country: post discarded.

People care much about poverty ball. Wew

>this post doesn't end with a meme like you want it to

>implying most of these wouldnt be much more fun

not an argument

Here to endorse this post.

Why? What was wrong with sudden death OT?

CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE!! VIVA CHILE!

wtf I hate Texas now

Jesus Christ. How do you people defend that shit. It's like having a field goal kickoff. Appalling.

You are right, penalties suck

>that flag
>this topic

Opinion disregarded, thread closed and hidden.

>that flag
>this topic

Opinion disregarded, thread closed and hidden.

ESTOY LLORANDOOO!!!!

>this same shit texan keeps shitting on America for 2(TWO) days straight

Take it down a notch, even your fucking pictures are awful

Proove him wrong then, yelling nor clapping work irl

>chilean ""humor""

>watching 5foot tall 14 yr old girls pole dance

Bait thread but I'll bite.
>a tie in rugby does not end with a tug of war
Rugby has two 10 minute extra-time periods played. If scores are still level a 10 minute sudden death period is played. If no one scores during this time they go into a kicking competition. It's just that no match so far has gone into sudden death, at least in the RWC.

For any other sport listed above, if some game where a winner must be decided remains tied after a very long time (eg. 50 overtimes in basketball), a sudden death tiebreak could realistically be implemented at some point to prevent it from happening again. But even then it doesn't always happen (eg. Isner–Mahut match). It's just that it's more of a necessity in divegrass than most other sports, as it's harder to score in divegrass.

Teams would rather park the bus and wait for benuldies than attack and end the match.

>Team A beats Team B
>Team C has a gay orgy

Eurofags will defend this.